Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

On 6/14/2020 at 3:25 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

The Geico commercial where they show the baby on the Roomba, and the Beagle on the giant ball getting a treat is so cute.  

I love those parts of the commercial. 

• Love 6
On 6/15/2020 at 10:01 AM, Moose135 said:

I love that PetSmart commercial! I know it's been wonderful having Jake with us while we've been staying home the past three months, it wouldn't be the same without him.

IMG_2910-L.jpg

I boop his little nosey.  Boop!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I love that commercial, too. It's good to have a heartwarming ad for a change. 

The PetSmart ad where the daughter makes a grooming appointment using her phone is a cute one. The dog looks at the daughter, looks at the mom to see if the appointment is okay, looks at the daughter. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

As someone who's lived in a mobile home, I am dying at that commercial. Oh, my god XD. That is hilarious. 

I especially love his reasoning as to why it wouldn't upset him if you didn't buy a home from him :p. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Is that one back?   It's from a few years ago. I guess companies are pulling out old ads since they can't make new non-covid "we get you" ones.  Maybe they'll bring back Cookie Monster Time in a Bottle.  With all the awful ads that are run to death, it wasn't around long at all. 

• Love 4
On 6/2/2020 at 4:31 PM, Moose135 said:

That's what the exhaust pipe is for...

Is there not a commercial about motaur that wanted to be a motorcycle on top ? or am I just imaging it?

• Love 2

They aren't my favorite, but I find the Smirnoff Red, White, and Berry commercials amusing.  I keep seeing one version in particular, but I didn't know who the celebrity in it was, so I looked it up and found this article. Apparently, they shot the commercials in February but had to redo the campaign, since it was originally supposed to be about getting together with people during the summer.  I think it's clever, and it also answers a question I had, which was how they were able to shoot all the people together during social distancing, while talking about social distancing.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

“Scusi, mio sono Marco Polo!”

I laugh every time...then I walk around my house saying It out loud, to no one, for a few hours.

I love that guy. He's so cute when he figures out that it's a game and he joins in.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

But it makes me sad because it reminds me of the Monk episode where he was trying to play Marco Polo and everyone ignored him.

That episode was on last night. Monk was taking some kind of medication for his anxiety and it made him obnoxious.

• Love 3

I love that commercial too. My kids have been spending a lot of time in the pool the last couple weeks and they're playing Marco Polo all the time. Now if I could only find a llama.  🤔

• LOL 10
On 6/24/2020 at 8:01 AM, BusyOctober said:

“Scusi, mio sono Marco Polo!”

I laugh every time...then I walk around my house saying It out loud, to no one, for a few hours.

I also laugh every time. Such a funny performance.

Unfortunately, my neighbors have a small child named Marco. All day long I hear “Marco! Marco!”

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, cpcathy said:

I also laugh every time. Such a funny performance.

Unfortunately, my neighbors have a small child named Marco. All day long I hear “Marco! Marco!”

Do you ever yell back "POLO!"?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, scarletine said:

This is fun. I have a real soft spot for Post Malone. I just think he's adorable, and seems like a good kid. 

All I know about Post Malone is he's musical artist (I've heard his name, but I just looked up his hit songs and I've never heard any of them), so I've never seen him before, but that commercial was funny - I like the poor spleen in his empty basement office, desperate to be useful like the rest of the team.  I also like "Commencing happy face/Oh, too much, too much".

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 3

This ad for arthritis medication Voltaren is surprisingly fun. It features 2020 Paula Abdul dancing alongside her 1989 counterpart. Unsure how effective the ad is in making me want to try Voltaren, but it definitely helped encourage me to stream Forever Your Girl on Spotify.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I heard that commercial while I was puttering in the kitchen. When she says, "I'm a performer..." I wondered what happened to the "I'm a spider" lady.  Anyway, I can vouch for Voltaren.  It works wonders.  I no longer get cortisone shots for my arthritis - I just rub in some (generic) Voltaren.  When I got my first tube, it was $68, prescription. My SIL had recommended it to me. Then she & my brother went to Europe - OMG; it's over-the-counter and only $16. She brought me back two tubes from Spain.  What I found incredibly cool is the box it comes in has Braille on it. Blind shoppers can get what they need without sighted help!

• Useful 7
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Best commercial these days.

Oh, have they put that back in rotation?  Good!  I wonder if any of the people who objected to this a couple of years ago are a little more in touch with reality now and will receive it differently.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, tres bien said:

So the Haines Comfort Flex Fit men's underwear commercial is a bit odd but the kangaroos especially the joey, are sweet!

They're trying to keep up in the weirdness competition with Duluth Trading Co.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, tres bien said:

So the Haines Comfort Flex Fit men's underwear commercial is a bit odd but the kangaroos especially the joey, are sweet!

I like the baby kangaroo, too :D. 

That's like the commercial talking about endangered elephants. The ad as a whole is sad, but the moment when you see the baby elephant learning to stand on its wobbly little legs is cute, and I like the way the mother elephant uses her trunk to protect her baby as it's starting to stand, like, "I got you." It's so sweet. 

It's always so funny to see baby wild animals, too, 'cause they're so cute and yet you look at them and go, "And yet someday you will grow to be a huge animal that no sane person wants to agitate." :p. 

• Love 5

I kind of love the (probably unintentional) filthiness of the new Gardasil commercial. The one that features parents and kids aggressively getting into the camera and telling HPV to "get out of my face" I like the assertiveness and agency that the kids are taking. 

But the ad coincides with the vaccine's new indication that it reduces the risk of head and neck cancers. HPV gets to the head and neck in the manner you think it does.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I have done a complete about face about the Kid In The Backseat in the Sonic ads. I now love him. I guess it's my maternal/protective instincts but I would hold that kid close every day. You know he probably gets bullied because he's different.

• Love 3

I’ve never been to a Sonic but some of the stuff they advertise looks delicious!  There’s one for a lemonade topped with vanilla soft-serve and strawberries 😮😋

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I’ve never been to a Sonic but some of the stuff they advertise looks delicious!  There’s one for a lemonade topped with vanilla soft-serve and strawberries 😮😋

EVERYTHING there is delicious! And their ice cream is real ice cream. Not crap like McDonald's has. Now I want Sonic. Specifically a grilled chicken wrap. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

There are no Sonics anywhere near me (Like 2 states over) but we get their ads on the TV all the time... I don't get it why advertise where you don't exist???

Right?? It’s like a horrible tease.  There is no Popeye’s here so stop telling me about your infamous chicken sandwich!

(I did however just do a location search and there are 2 Sonics within a 10 mile radius - woohoo!)

• Love 7
(edited)

Yes, national ads get you all over the country, and some cable companies actually cover tremendous distances, so even though you may not have a local outlet, other people will.    I think they also try to get travelers to visit their places on road trips.  

A lot of restaurants, especially fast food, are franchises, so advertising all over the country can lead to expansion. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8

Idina Menzel (aka Adele Dazeem) bugs me in this commercial, but watch the other woman - she is cracking me up with her facial expressions!  Especially when she bobs her head to the song.

• LOL 6