Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Idina Menzel (aka Adele Dazeem) bugs me in this commercial, but watch the other woman - she is cracking me up with her facial expressions!  Especially when she bobs her head to the song.

Yes, I love her reactions!  (And that they cast a black woman as the tax attorney.)

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, GaT said:

Talk about a commercial for our times, this commercial makes me laugh, my favorite one is "MIAMI BEACH RESORT Has Free Toilet Paper"

I love the free toilet paper and air you haven't breathed yet! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I like the Febreze dog car commercial.

I think that dog car is really cool.  It probably gets poor mileage when it rains, and I would be afraid that someone would run over the tail.  I am sure that bugs would probably stick to the tongue as well.🐶

Still, I like it.

Until you try to drive it through the car wash.

• LOL 7
(edited)
21 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Until you try to drive it through the car wash.

OMG have you ever gone through a car wash with a dog in the car? It didn't occur to me the terror it would inspire until I had 55 pounds of scared dog in my lap. I felt so bad for her. I couldn't wait for it to end.

Edited by Ashforth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Ashforth said:

OMG have you ever gone through a car wash with a dog in the car? It didn't occur to me the terror it would inspire until I had 55 pounds of scared dog in my lap. I felt so bad for her. But I couldn't wait for it to end.

My doxies cower under the seat until it's over. 

• Love 2
On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 6:39 PM, SnarkySheep said:

Another long-time favorite, especially these days, is Goldfish crackers...I just love seeing glimpses of their happy cheddary little world, with goldfish moms taking goldfish kids to the playground, and this season, all the goldfish residents of Goldfish Town cheering on the parade.

Is it wrong to wish I lived in Goldfish Town??

I do miss the jingle which used to say they were the snack that smiles back "until you bite their heads off", though.

• LOL 4
On ‎07‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 8:02 AM, Kiki777 said:

Idina Menzel (aka Adele Dazeem) bugs me in this commercial, but watch the other woman - she is cracking me up with her facial expressions!  Especially when she bobs her head to the song.

I generally dislike Idina Menzel, and could do without her singing, but I do find this commercial amusing.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I do miss the jingle which used to say they were the snack that smiles back "until you bite their heads off", though.

See the fishies swimming 

Oh look, the pretzel’s winning...

Call me crazy, but I get a laugh out of the Tena (adult diaper) ad with the plain lady who tells us she looks 'stunning' first thing in the morning, and then shares that she takes good care of her skin. 'Not this skin' she says, pointing to her face; 'this skin' points downward. I find her strangely charming, which blunts the ookiness of the subject matter.

• Love 1

One of my favorite ads is the one for Red Bull featuring Hercules Vs. a six-headed dragon, in which Herc offers the dragon a Red Bull as a "gift," which lead to the dragon heads fighting over it and literally tying themselves in knots because of it. 

The ad makes me laugh every time I see it-and I don't even drink Red Bull!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DollEyes said:

One of my favorite ads is the one for Red Bull featuring Hercules Vs. a six-headed dragon, in which Herc offers the dragon a Red Bull as a "gift," which lead to the dragon heads fighting over it and literally tying themselves in knots because of it. 

The ad makes me laugh every time I see it-and I don't even drink Red Bull!

I like it too. I think it captures the selfish nature of dragons perfectly.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I saw this for the first time today and just luved it.  I need Dr. Rick in my life!

The full length commercial is even better.  I would totally buy Dr. Rick's book

If Flo, Jamie, and the rest can do commercials over Zoom, surely they can do the same for Dr. Rick. He also lead the self-help group commercial from a few years back.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

That support group one remains my favorite because of this exchange:

"Next thing you know, I'm telling strangers defense wins championships."
"Well, it does."
"Right?"

Also because everyone's wardrobe and body language is just perfect.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, xaxat said:

I would totally back a Rapinoe/James presidential ticket.

I just saw this commercial a little while ago and thought about posting it here.  Not only is the editing great but the message is so inspiring.  Fantastic ad.

I also love the Dr Rick commercials.  "You don't know him."

• Love 5

Conceptually I love this idea. You're doing hot and sweaty yard work and the Beer Man comes by! It's like hearing the ice cream truck coming through the neighborhood when you were a kid.

But I'm pretty sure the police would shut him down after a couple of minutes.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, xaxat said:

Conceptually I love this idea. You're doing hot and sweaty yard work and the Beer Man comes by! It's like hearing the ice cream truck coming through the neighborhood when you were a kid.

But I'm pretty sure the police would shut him down after a couple of minutes.

Because I thought I'd heard about such things I googled "margarita truck" and yes, there are a number of trucks that travel neighborhoods like ice cream trucks, delivering adult beverages, so this isn't so far fetched.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Maverick said:

I dunno.   I never thought I see curbside pickup for liquor, much less home delivery but here were are in 2020.

I know they had home delivery of alcohol in the sixties. Remember that old radio comedy bit Ajax Liquor Store?

The liquor store I go to most had delivery within a certain radius before the pandemic. We live in the boonies so we're outside their zone. One of our neighbors posted their was a taco truck in a nearby neighborhood that was selling wine, beer, and mixed drinks.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

The liquor store I go to most had delivery within a certain radius before the pandemic. We live in the boonies so we're outside their zone. One of our neighbors posted their was a taco truck in a nearby neighborhood that was selling wine, beer, and mixed drinks.

In our town growing up, it was up to the discretion of the store manager to deliver. There was this creepy old house, set back off the street by our elementary school that used to get liquor deliveries. In fact it was the only was we knew that anyone lived there at all. It was always dark, surrounded by trees. It had a garage under the house the door of which looked like the portal Frankenstein emerged from when he escaped the lab. Anyway, this kid at school's dad ran the liquor store and he told us his old man said he sent a case of Scotch over there every week.

• Love 4

I really like the ads with the new Jake from State Farm. The commercial with the James Bond-ish supercar is amusing, but the stalker pizza delivery woman Parker who shows up at Jake's home with un-ordered pizzas, an atomic brownie and a GALLON of ranch dressing as a thank you for the non-existent special Parker Promotion is downright hilarious. "You're the man, man!" In my mind, she's driving the Bond car to deliver her orders.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love the Geico commercial with the Aunts.   

I hadn't seen that one, but figured it was an "aunt problem" like the "Ratt" and "clogging" problem commercials, which I like, so I went looking.  Yep, like this one, too.  (The only thing that gives me pause is that all the aunts are overweight; I like seeing such women on my screen, mind you, but it's problematic that when the people on this ad campaign thought "stereotypically annoying older female relative" they envisioned exclusively women on the heavier side.)  And Marianne Muellerleile - a character actor I've liked in many things - is one of the aunts.

Edited by Bastet
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Ashforth said:

I really like the ads with the new Jake from State Farm. The commercial with the James Bond-ish supercar is amusing, but the stalker pizza delivery woman Parker who shows up at Jake's home with un-ordered pizzas, an atomic brownie and a GALLON of ranch dressing as a thank you for the non-existent special Parker Promotion is downright hilarious. "You're the man, man!" In my mind, she's driving the Bond car to deliver her orders.

That gave me flashbacks of LOST and the Dharma Initiative gallons of ranch-style dressing. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I love it. No, really, I do.

The credits are hilarious.  I bet they had a great time putting friends?/family?/colleagues? into random and bizarre roles.

• Love 3

I don’t know if it’s a favorite commercial (& I don’t know which thread it should go in), but I find the current commercial for Kohler Walk-In Baths interesting, I guess you could say. The part that gets me is the part where the (potential) customer says to his wife (who started onscreen in the commercial, then went offscreen), “We need this bath,” once he finds out how easy it is to get into (though he could probably get into a regular tub if he’d just sit on the top/side of the tub so he’s got his legs/lower half dangling on the inside of the tub & carefully drop down into it); then the Kohler rep/installer who’s in the bathroom with the guy says, sorta ruefully, “Yes. Yes, you do.”, which I realized could have a double meaning, as in “Yes, you need (to buy) this bath.” & “Yes, you need (to take) a bath (because he smells like it). The Kohler guy’s expression seems to go along with the second sentiment rather than the first, strangely enough.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To move a comma to the right place.
  • LOL 2
3 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

The very idea of one of those walk in baths makes me wonder how they work.  Do you have to sit there until all of the water runs out before you can open the door?

I'd assume not all the way out, but obviously below the threshold of the door, and that's, of course, not all that high.  I think that's the big downside to them - the time you spend sitting there waiting for them to fill or drain.  I know you can get one with a heated seat, so I guess if you dried off as it drained, it wouldn't be terrible.  (Or at least worth it for the safety if one needed it and could afford the extra ease, all-in-one features, and better look rather than installing various modifications over a regular tub.)

• Love 4

I would love to have a walk-in tub. I've read that a feature of at least one them is that it has a fast drain feature. Don't remember how fast, but it seemed like a few minutes.

We have room for one - now y'all have me thinking about really looking into it.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I would love to have a walk-in tub. I've read that a feature of at least one them is that it has a fast drain feature. Don't remember how fast, but it seemed like a few minutes.

It seems like they're getting better and better about that; I read an article from earlier this year that it used to be 6-8 minutes for the fast ones, as opposed to at least 15 on the typical ones.  But now there are fast-draining tubs that can take less than four minutes, and even a couple of really high-end models with drain pumps that can drain in about 90 seconds.

(The "can" is because, of course, the house's plumbing may result in slower times than what the tub's plumbing is capable of.)

• Love 2

There's a regional commercial in the New York-Tri State Area that I love. It's for some kind of family-owned landscaping company - Cambridge something. The patriarch holds a family cookout (that doubles as a Board meeting) for his two sons and grand kids - and every single one looks exactly like him. Even the grand-daughters. Damnedest thing I ever saw. That guy's got some really strong genes.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

I don’t know if it’s a favorite commercial (& I don’t know which thread it should go in), but I find the current commercial for Kohler Walk-In Baths interesting, I guess you could say. The part that gets me is the part where the (potential) customer says to his wife (who started onscreen in the commercial, then went offscreen), “We need this bath,” once he finds out how easy it is to get into (though he could probably get into a regular tub if he’d just sit on the top/side of the tub so he’s got his legs/lower half dangling on the inside of the tub & carefully drop down into it); then the Kohler rep/installer who’s in the bathroom with the guy says, sorta ruefully, “Yes. Yes, you do.”, which I realized could have a double meaning, as in “Yes, you need (to buy) this bath.” & “Yes, you need (to take) a bath (because he smells like it). The Kohler guy’s expression seems to go along with the second sentiment rather than the first, strangely enough.

Not everyone is limber enough to lift their legs up & over the side of a tub. Once I got my FauxKnee, I had my tub ripped out and a step-in shower installed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, EighteenTwelve said:

Apparently I need a cast-iron frying pan and something to hit with it, because every time the yellow M&M in the fudge brownie M&Ms commercial hauls off with the frying pan and the scream of frustration, I have to laugh and agree with him. 

"Frying pans. Who knew?"

• LOL 3
On 7/31/2020 at 8:10 AM, Haleth said:

I also love the Dr Rick commercials.  "You don't know him."

"Okay remember, you aren't assisting him, you hired him." Those commercials are outstanding. 

On 8/11/2020 at 8:28 PM, Winston Wolfe said:

There's a regional commercial in the New York-Tri State Area that I love. It's for some kind of family-owned landscaping company - Cambridge something. The patriarch holds a family cookout (that doubles as a Board meeting) for his two sons and grand kids - and every single one looks exactly like him. Even the grand-daughters. Damnedest thing I ever saw. That guy's got some really strong genes.

FUCKING Armortec. I hate that whole family so much because of these commercials. Came bridge...paving stones. with armorteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeec, they'll always look like new!

I want to Patsy Parisi their pool 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3