Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:02 PM, Silver Raven said:

The one with crowds being machine gunned?  I loathe that ad and think whoever approved it should be burned in the flames of a million burning nuns.

Depends on who's in the crowd, I guess.  (I can think of a few people myself.)

I haven't seen the commercial, but it sounds . . . odd.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:09 AM, Bruinsfan said:

That catchy Levis ad isn't going to make me buy their jeans, but you can bet Jain's debut album with "Makeba" is going to be my first iTunes purchase when I get my new laptop up and running.

Is that who that song's by?  Writing that name down right now so I can buy it tonight.

• Love 1
On 3/5/2018 at 1:18 AM, Emma9 said:

This one has come on as a Youtube ad for me twice now. Pretty amusing, to the point that I didn't click 'Skip' either time!

But then, I will forever have a weakness for silly disaster movies, and parodies thereof. Pity that I'm not in Nike's target market (I'm a hiker, not a runner, and even for that I never bother with actual hiking boots or other Designated Athletic Foorwear).

That was fun, thanks for sharing!

Love all the cameos.  Bill Nye, yay!

• Love 1
On 3/5/2018 at 3:18 AM, Emma9 said:

This one has come on as a Youtube ad for me twice now. Pretty amusing, to the point that I didn't click 'Skip' either time!

But then, I will forever have a weakness for silly disaster movies, and parodies thereof. Pity that I'm not in Nike's target market (I'm a hiker, not a runner, and even for that I never bother with actual hiking boots or other Designated Athletic Foorwear).

Kevin Hart, the hero you need. (And smarter than Bill Nye.)

• Love 2

I don't think we have Arby's around here, and I've been to one elsewhere and was thoroughly underwhelmed.  But I do get a laugh out of the "could this sandwich be any more Texan?" ad in which the camera pulls back to reveal a tiny little cowboy hat on top of the sandwich.  It's mostly because of Ving Rhames saying "Well, that's just ridiculous."

• Love 4

I'm sure the Geico commercial about MacGruff the Crime Dog is aimed at my demographic but I don't care. I've seen it about a billion times, but I watch the whole thing with people speaking baby talk to him and I lose it. Does he have to go tinky poo poo?

Hee!

• Love 8
7 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Does he have to go tinky poo poo?

That's my favorite part!  And he just gets more and more angry.  "Is him a good boy?"
Some Geico ads are meh, but some hit it out of the park.

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, cynicat said:

That's my favorite part!  And he just gets more and more angry.  "Is him a good boy?"
Some Geico ads are meh, but some hit it out of the park.

I find the non-Gecko ones are much funnier.  I absolutely love both the Woodchucks, and the Charlie Daniels commercial.  I'm not a country fan, but I've met Charlie a few times, and I could see him doing that in a restaurant.  He's a lovely person.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm annoyed with the Dove ads when the young woman refers to it as "Dovah".  Cripes!!

In another commercial, a kid calls her father "Dadah".  WTF??

That's a weird language things these daysuh. It seems limited to young women.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, janie jones said:

I understand that.  My question was, are they doing it to make fun of him, or because they just see him as a dog?

I've only seen it once, but I take it as they are treating him - McDuff the Crime Dog - as any ol' dog, while he wants to be treated as a detective who just happens to be a dog.  So: not intentionally diminishing/mocking him based on him being a canine and them being humans, but, in actuality, doing just that.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Haleth said:

And I took it as them making fun of him.  I guess this is a case of mileage varies.

If they are making fun of him, he should just hike his leg and pee on 'em. Don't mess with McGruff!

• Love 14
On 3/4/2018 at 2:09 AM, Bruinsfan said:

That catchy Levis ad isn't going to make me buy their jeans, but you can bet Jain's debut album with "Makeba" is going to be my first iTunes purchase when I get my new laptop up and running.

I freakin' love this ad. I won't buy Levis either, they never fit me right, but hope they get a Clio for this ad. Yeah.

• Love 2

I get a kick out of the Progressive commercials where they accuse people of turning into their parents. The one where the wife thinks her husband has turned into his mother is my favorite.  "You see it, right?" Bwah

• Love 13
16 hours ago, smittykins said:

"Why would I want to replace this? It's not broken."

My mom recently had to replace her flip phone because it was so old that Tracfone no longer supported it.

A lot of companies still sell flip phones - they are popular with a lot of people still.  

• Love 2

Loving the Pei Wei commercials where the panda abashedly admits that his chicken is not as good as PW's. I love pandas but that tiger is so gorgeous and his eyes are almost hypnotizing! Yes, Wise Tiger, I will follow you to Pei Wei!

• Love 1
On 3/6/2018 at 2:00 PM, InDueTime said:

My current favorite ad is this McGruff Geico one.

Omg this commercial slays me every time!  My favorite Geico ad since their “a loner’s gotta be alone” one.

• Love 2
On March 22, 2018 at 7:08 PM, spaceytraci1208 said:

A sad reality addressed hilariously #DJNana

I just about to post this myself!  I want blinged out DJ Nana for my next party.  It's a funny commercial but actually quite depressing.  

• Love 5

I've noted this one before, but hadn't seen the old commercial in some time and saw the new (to me) version multiple times late last night, so was reminded of it:  I like the Myrbetriq bladder, and in the shot - thankfully there's one in each commercial - where all we see is those big eyes darting back and forth above the desk, I find it downright adorable.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I just about to post this myself!  I want blinged out DJ Nana for my next party.  It's a funny commercial but actually quite depressing.  

30 minutes ago, Bastet said:

That premiered during the Super Bowl, and totally brought me down.  Funny take, but on a horrible reality.

Yup - I originally posted it on Feb. 5, day after SB, and it's been posted several times since then.  Must be a hit!  :-)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Bastet said:

I've noted this one before, but hadn't seen the old commercial in some time and saw the new (to me) version multiple times late last night, so was reminded of it:  I like the Myrbetriq bladder, and in the shot - thankfully there's one in each commercial - where all we see is those big eyes darting back and forth above the desk, I find it downright adorable.

Glad I am not the only one!

• Love 2

"Ooooooh I love that summer feeling...." The welcome to San Diego commercial makes me smile because our Dachshund puppy came from San Diego and now  lives in Texas with us. We call her our SoCal girl. I'm not sure where this commercial airs around the country, so sorry if some y'all haven't seen it.

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:34 PM, Bastet said:

I don't mind the Myrbetriq bladder, but hate the one with the woman who is the band director because I was a very long-time band geek (elementary school - adult) and it's a poor representation, and annoys me (I may or may not have a problem).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

I don't mind the Myrbetriq bladder, but hate the one with the woman who is the band director because I was a very long-time band geek (elementary school - adult) and it's a poor representation, and annoys me (I may or may not have a problem).

It's totally annoying. It's like the ad writers think all the conductor does is stand up there and beat 1-2-3-4, and if that isn't happening then the band instantly goes off the rails. Even watching Bugs Bunny would've given them a better idea of how conducting works!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jamoche said:

It's totally annoying. It's like the ad writers think all the conductor does is stand up there and beat 1-2-3-4, and if that isn't happening then the band instantly goes off the rails. Even watching Bugs Bunny would've given them a better idea of how conducting works!

Not just that, but the band doesn't sound very good (they sound thin) and sound like they're playing the song off-tempo.  And nevermind the stationary flag twirlers, just standing still twirling.  Yeah.....

• Love 3
On March 21, 2018 at 1:52 PM, Ms Lark said:

I freakin' love this ad. I won't buy Levis either, they never fit me right, but hope they get a Clio for this ad. Yeah.

Guess I'm all alone on this one...don't care...I HAAAAAAAAAAAAATE this song like poison!

• Love 4

Just saw the Humana ad with the old man jogging, but turning & redirecting oddly.  

Then you saw him print out his run, and it was a heart-shape.  For his wife.  She had a collection of his "running art"!

It's made me wistful, and now a little weepy.  Dad was going to buy a FitBit.  And an Apple Watch.  I expect once he found out you could do that, he would've been right at it!

Of course, as an engineer, his lines would've been straight! ?

• Love 12
13 hours ago, voiceover said:

Just saw the Humana ad with the old man jogging, but turning & redirecting oddly.  

Then you saw him print out his run, and it was a heart-shape.  For his wife.  She had a collection of his "running art"!

I think that's a sweet ad, but if I were the wife, I wouldn't want him jogging out in the street like that.

• Love 4