Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: The Art Of Being A Cougar

• Start Topic

Dorinda's daughter looks like Madonna in "Who's that Girl?"

I hate the way the housewives dance. The thought bubble above their heads while they dance always seems to be, "I look sooooo sexy. I am soooo hot. Men lust after me."

• Love 13
I agree with all the sentiments regarding Dorinda and Hannah. Also, who told Hannah that she is gorgeous? I understand the eyebrows and red lipstick are a look, but I'm not convinced they look good on her. Also, when is Dorinda going to tell her to get a life that produces an income? Hannah is doing herself no favors by coming off as completely useless. Is she planning to try and get on a reality show too?

No, I don't think that look works for, partly because it's so sloppily done. She just looks cheap and messy, to me. So yes, who is she to critique other people and their looks? Well, even if she was a supermodel, it still wouldn't be okay for her to be commenting on the girth of the men her mother finds attractive. Apparently Dorinda likes her men a bit meaty, and that's why there's someone out there for everyone. Keep your opinions to yo self. 

Well, probably not, because in St. Tropez and St. Barths', Sonja goes commando....in New York, she ONLY wears Cosabella panties, don't ya know?  ;-)

You're right. Silly me. I must have been too busy chowing down on my extra large bag of potato chips to adequately pay attention. :P

• Love 2

That's fine and noble but Bethenny was brought on the show to spice things up.

Too bad what she's adding is bitter and pungent, and ruining the dish.

LOL at how LuAnn is seemingly losing her shit on Twitter. Maybe she needs some young peen to calm her down.

• Love 10
Heather: I don't get why she is fighting Kristen's battle especially since Kristen didn't seem all that bothered by it.  Also, Kristen tangled with Ramona and Aviva last season and did pretty well

The most notable conflict was between Heather and Kristen. "You are BOSSY". The "Oh shit" look on Kristen's face when Ramona started going in on Jon was one of the more authentic moments last season and my favorite. When a housewife realize this train is off the tracks. 

Carole:  I guess she disproves the notion that age brings wisdom?

Says the woman who said men don't hit maturity until 40s. She's as fickle as they come. Either that or she's reinventing herself yet again.

Bethanny:  She's abrasive, but I do like that she doesn't want to keep playing these petty conflicts.  She shuts them down as quickly as they start.

I'd have agreed if she didn't create the conflict in the first place. She's lucky someone took the bait so she can act above the drama. Kristen would have Kanye shrugged it off if Heather hadn't taken it upon herself to approach Bethenny. I think it was fine the way she approached her btw. Bethenny's rude response however, wasn't okay..  

With that said, I did like Bethanny not inviting Dorinda and kristen to her gathering because she doesn't know them and the gathering was for her birthday.

That is bullshit and Beth et all know it. Aside from it being a Bravo gathering, she's met and invited Kristen to her home. If you rewatch their first meeting, she greeted Kristen as if she knew her off the show. She had an agenda and it seemingly went her way since Heather gave her the platform to be so over the drama. Too bad at she was compared to Jill Zarin on WWHL.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 2

Beth is not "so over the drama."  She is more than happy to bring the drama, because so far, she's been the one escalating silly little stuff by being so hostile.  She did it with Ramona and her "keeping the company of men" and turning the brunch drama up to 11, as well as with Heather at the lunch when she talked about Ramona as well as the Kristen thing.   She also ramped up the drama with her homelessness and driving around aimlessly.

If she's going to be hostile at every gathering, she can go back to where she came from.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 11

Ehh, I think Bravo hired her back expecting Bethanny to be the same young snarky hipster she was before, when she didn't have anything to lose and just let 'er rip.  She was funny as hell back then.

She was a fan favorite because she wasn't as calculating as The Countess and Jill Zarin, wasn't a shiv to the back like Ramona or a pushover like Alex and she danced circles around the unfortunate Kelly Bennsimon.

Bethanny's smart, so I'm hoping she'll settle down pretty soon and fine tune her Housewife persona.  The odds were good she would either come on too strong and be crude/mean or too soft and be a bore/dud.  Easier to dial back than ramp up.

Edited by candall
  • Love 6

You can't walk down the streets of NYC without seeing those big bushy penciled in eyebrows on women in their 20's.  At least the housewives haven't tried to look younger by overdoing their eyebrows.

It's the stark difference between the yellow blonde hair and the black Groucho Marx caterpillar eyebrows that's off-putting.  Reminds me of one of the House of DVF contestants last year: @i_am_codi

On twitter last night Dorinda was coveting Bethenny's jumpsuit big time.  So again I think the clothes is going to make the couple here.  And microchipping an expensive garmet - genius.  I know folks that would jump at that service.  I personally do not own a $9000 coat but I 'hang with a fabulous crowd' and they buy that damn coat once and wear it for 10 years.  If it was lost at a dry cleaners or stolen at a coat check they would go nuts.

Years back, I interviewed at a company that put rfids in their garment tags for tracking.  I don't think this is new.  I think the new dimension is a private owner could track their own garment.  Wonder what the range capability is?

Dorinda's daughter looks like Madonna in "Who's that Girl?"

That's it!  And that's not a good look.

Heather has some boring beef with Bethenny about not inviting Kristen to her party, but who cares about that when we can watch Carole awkwardly flirt in Susan Sarandon's ping pong nightclub?

Read the story

Luann mimicked my thought when she tweeted:

@CountessLuann  ·  18h 18 hours ago   -  Distracting him? With WHAT??!?

• Love 5

Agreed about Bethenny. I think what we might be seeing about her is that she seems so impatient, so over this, meaning the show itself. While she signed up for it, thinking she could cash in and perhaps easily go through the motions, somehow her true feelings are showing. She is impatient with doing the show itself.

I agree. To me it looked like Heather was following the script so to speak and she was thrown because Bethenny was ad-libbing. It's a tried and true production/filming thing for these shows for a couple of the women to sit down together at a restaurant and have a discussion about how one of them has an issue with another ho-wife who isn't there. Like Ramona did with Heather about Bethenny or how Kenya did with Cynthia about NeNe. This is in the script so to speak. 

An example:

Kenya and Cynthia get together and talk all about how Cynthia and NeNe are having problems. Kenya tells Cynthia that she has to sit down with NeNe and hash things out. Cynthia goes on about how NeNe has done her wrong, Kenya agrees, but still they must get together face to face to "deal with their issues". Cynthia texts NeNe to set up the date... And scene.

We've seen it a million times on these shows and all pushed by production I'm sure. It's not that there's an actual script but the scenes are scripted to set up the next scene where the real drama will happen. Cynthia and NeNe trying to settle their differences but ending in a shouting match. 

I think that was the scenario Heather was pursuing. She informed Bethenny of Kristen's hurt feelings and the next part of the script was supposed to be Bethenny ranting for a bit, but then agreeing that she must meet with Kristen so they can "deal with their issues". But Bethenny didn't play her part in the conversation and that completely threw Heather. This is Heather's second? third? season, so she knows the way things are supposed to progress. 

In a meta way it was all pretty funny and I sort of half admire Bethenny for throwing a wrench in the scripting works, but I'm also impatient with her. She knows better then almost anyone how this reality game is supposed to be played. So to me she is coming across just as you described, so over it all. Well that's all fine, I get that, but she is cashing the big checks from Bravo and hawking her SkinnyG crap endlessly so that she can make even more money. So she needs to suck it up.

• Love 10

Benthenny going rogue ('off-script') will actually make things way more entertaining for me.

Luann mimicked my thought when she tweeted:

@CountessLuann  ·  18h 18 hours ago   -  Distracting him? With WHAT??!?

Whooo, LuAnn's got a real bee in her bonnet. Seeming less like an offended aunt/employer and more like a bitter rival.

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 8
But Bethenny didn't play her part in the conversation and that completely threw Heather.

I think what threw Heather was the hostility and non-stop talking Beth threw at her.  Heather couldn't even get a word in edgewise to tell her to STFU already, and that Beth was making way more out of Heather bringing it up than it warranted.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 7

I was remembering Bethenny's birthday party on her spin-off where Jason planned a huge party for her with all these friends and family and she locked herself in the bathroom and had a very loud nervous breakdown.   She definitely planned something different this year.   I think the mix of women is a big off with the majority of them being older single-girls and only 2 married, so I think it makes some sense that those two might not fit in as much with what the others are doing.

My favorite moment was when it dawned on Heather to ask if she was invited or if she was a plus one.   

I think Dorinda seems like someone who might not be comfortable with not having a guy to take her around, but she doesn't seem to really care that much for John, and she's been pretty harsh with him twice on camera.    Daughter or not, if she wants to be in a relationship, she needs to get things clear with him--it doesn't seem fair that they work around what the daughter likes, and she dismisses him.     There may be two sides to all of it, but it left me with a poor impression of Dorinda.

• Love 2

Good God, this cast makes Manhattan look like a playground for desperate, over-the-hill sorority sisters.

NYC deserves way better, Bravo!

This made me laugh as my national sorority was founded at Hunter College on Manhattan's Upper East Side.  

• Love 2

I was remembering Bethenny's birthday party on her spin-off where Jason planned a huge party for her with all these friends and family and she locked herself in the bathroom and had a very loud nervous breakdown.   She definitely planned something different this year.   I think the mix of women is a big off with the majority of them being older single-girls and only 2 married, so I think it makes some sense that those two might not fit in as much with what the others are doing.

My favorite moment was when it dawned on Heather to ask if she was invited or if she was a plus one.   

I think Dorinda seems like someone who might not be comfortable with not having a guy to take her around, but she doesn't seem to really care that much for John, and she's been pretty harsh with him twice on camera.    Daughter or not, if she wants to be in a relationship, she needs to get things clear with him--it doesn't seem fair that they work around what the daughter likes, and she dismisses him.     There may be two sides to all of it, but it left me with a poor impression of Dorinda.

Heather was invited, as a plus 1 or not, and she is married, Dorinda is around the same age as Luann and Ramona, so I don't think age or marital status factored in to Bethenny's invites. I think 2 were left out on purpose to cause drama by production and Bethenny. LOL

• Love 1

I hate the way the housewives dance. The thought bubble above their heads while they dance always seems to be, "I look sooooo sexy. I am soooo hot. Men lust after me."

Luann and Heather have ZERO rhythm.  Do they hear the beat?

• Love 6

John needs to drop Dorito like a bad habit. I mean I know he is  not a conventionally attractive guy. He is kind of short and chubby. But I bet he looks a lot taller when he sits on his wallet.

I bet he can find a beautiful Armenian girl who will give him children and a very happy live. 

What does he need with a stale and brittle Dorito?

• Love 11

I don't think she's dumbing herself down.  The more I hear her speak, I'm beginning to think she's just dumb. And in case you didn't know, according to Carole:  Guys like it when women vomit.  It makes them seem vulnerable.

Even Heather looked dumbfounded by the dum-dum during that story.  "Ohhhh, Radzi!!! Oh my GOD!!!" Hand clasped over mouth, huge smile.  You'd think Carole had just announced her engagement not that she just puked all over her boyfriend's shoes.

I just can't with her anymore.  She just thinks she is so cool. Get over yourself.  What exactly is her claim to fame other than marrying a Kennedy cousin? And she is really showing her age with the vomiting and men thing.  Sounded like Luann when she was giving Bethany dating advice.

• Love 5

Kristin can just have a seat with being offended at not being invited to Bethenny's party.  She met Bethenny for all of a NY minute in the Hamptons, and was a tagalong to Bethenny's house for brunch.  Although, seeing the cast of characters that showed up (all of those 20-something plus-ones and plus-twos who only wanted screen time to further their careers), maybe Kristen had a point.

I thought B and Kristens douche of a husband had some sort of business connection? No? Maybe I'm confusing another HW

• Love 1

Luann and Heather have ZERO rhythm.  Do they hear the beat?

To be fair, I don't think the songs we hear on the TV are necessarily the ones that they are dancing to at that moment in time.  There are copyright issues, blahblahblah. 

What exactly is her claim to fame other than marrying a Kennedy cousin?

Bestselling author.  Which is more of a "claim to fame" than most housewives have. 

I was remembering Bethenny's birthday party on her spin-off where Jason planned a huge party for her with all these friends and family and she locked herself in the bathroom and had a very loud nervous breakdown.

Ugh I remember that.  It was around that time I knew without a doubt that those 2 were not going to be together very long.  They brought out the worst in one another.  I'm getting that same vibe from John and Dorinda.  So much nitpicking and bickering.  They do not look like they enjoy being around one another at all. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 6

I kind of enjoy Bethenny still. Like yes, she's incredibly brash and could probably show a lot more tact when she handles things, but Heather annoys the hell out of me. She thinks it's her place to be involved in every drama in some way, shape, and form and speak for other people. The intent might be to be a good friend to Kristen, but Kristen is a grown woman. She can go to Bethenny with issues without Heather doing it for her. Heather and B are similar in that they both want to be the alpha females in this group. The reason B and Ramona made up is because Ramona backed down to B. Heather won't give up her alpha position so easily.

• Love 3

On twitter last night Dorinda was coveting Bethenny's jumpsuit big time. So again I think the clothes is going to make the couple here. And microchipping an expensive garmet - genius. I know folks that would jump at that service. I personally do not own a $9000 coat but I 'hang with a fabulous crowd' and they buy that damn coat once and wear it for 10 years. If it was lost at a dry cleaners or stolen at a coat check they would go nuts.

edited because I can't type to save my life this morning

What does "the clothes are going to make the couple" mean? I've wracked my brain trying to figure it out.

Heather and B are similar in that they both want to be the alpha females in this group. The reason B and Ramona made up is because Ramona backed down to B. Heather won't give up her alpha position so easily.

I'll go you one better ... I think Heather was essentially cast as Bethenny's alpha-gal replacement, to fill the gap the show had after she left and things went down hill a bit.  You know the witty, cocky, driven, no-nonsense, tells it like it is, cusses like a sailor but has suffered her share of hurts and really has a good heart chick.  Bethenny reappearing must have thrown Heather for a loop and Bethenny finding someone essentially in her role must have been surprising.  Add in Heather's need to involve herself in everyone's business and Bethenny's bitter, frustrated inability to tolerate anything from anyone at all due to the pressures of work and her personal life, and ... hehe it should be good. 

I totally agree ... Heather isn't giving up her alpha role willingly and Bethenny isn't going to stop pissing on the bushes to reclaim her turf anytime soon.   It's like a psychological, biological impossibility for either of them to do so.  They will either kill each other or form some strained alliance just to get by if they can accept how much alike they are and decide holding onto their apples is worth the sacrifice.  

Should make for a good season. Way better than stinking Bookgate, anyway.

• Love 14

It is pretty funny that last year was all about Carole being shocked that her competence as an author was being questioned and now she is blowing off deadlines for her book so she can blow chunks while some dude is holding her hair.

What a professional. Jeeez.

• Love 19

I am not the original poster, however, I interpreted the phrase "I think the clothes is going to make the couple here" to mean that Dorinda and Bethenny were sniffing each other out and ended up really bonding over clothes. Specifically, when D said they are bringing that color back this year and Beth was a little aloof, "wow you are that interested that you know that much..." And Dorinda said "well, there is an Alaia sample sale tomorrow" and Bethenny freaked out (it really is a BIG deal-- up to 70-80% off) So they started bonding and laughing and Dorinda rolled with Bethenny's jokes about the phone. They both said they never pay retail if they can and they were fast friends. They "get" each other. The magic word was Azzedine Alaia.

Additionally, if Dorinda was coveting B's jumpsuit on Twitter last night (she wasn't at the party to see it). They have a bond over fashion and style. I have to agree, I was LOVING that jumpsuit. So late 70's with a modern cut. Love!

• Love 13

Bethenny makes it seem like a Skinny Girl is an Unhappy Girl. Suck it up, buttercup - you took the paycheck, now do your job and entertain me!

BTW, Bethenny giving Dorinda advice on how to keep her family relationships together was fucking priceless.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 14
Interesting that Kristin was left off the guest list. It's probably that her presence would likely pull focus from the birthday girl. And because she's such a huge bore.

Sorry, but if you're in a room with Kristin and Bethenny, you really think you're going to spend the night looking at/listening to Kristin? Not likely.

• Love 3

So what?! Who cares if she goes to a club? Is she cheating on a husband there? Is she neglecting her kids by going to a club? No. She's single and having a good time.

So what that she's in her 50s. Should she be sitting at home and knitting?

I hate that age shaming bullshit.

As to why she'd "wanna" do that? Because that's what she wants to do!

She's single, attractive, seems to be a nice, fun person and she's out enjoying her life, I don't see anything wrong with that. Just becsuse she's 50 doesn't mean she shouldn't be out doing whatever the hell she wants to do.

I just have a big problem with the mind set that once a woman reaches a certain age, things should be off limits to her. Thats an archaic way of thinking.

Carole, get out there and have fun and don't ever let anybody shame you.

I don't see age shaming at all. It just kind of boggles my mind that she is so stunted.

• Love 10

I'll go you one better ... I think Heather was essentially cast as Bethenny's alpha-gal replacement, to fill the gap the show had after she left and things went down hill a bit. You know the witty, cocky, driven, no-nonsense, tells it like it is, cusses like a sailor but has suffered her share of hurts and really has a good heart chick. Bethenny reappearing must have thrown Heather for a loop and Bethenny finding someone essentially in her role must have been surprising. Add in Heather's need to involve herself in everyone's business and Bethenny's bitter, frustrated inability to tolerate anything from anyone at all due to the pressures of work and her personal life, and ... hehe it should be good.

I totally agree ... Heather isn't giving up her alpha role willingly and Bethenny isn't going to stop pissing on the bushes to reclaim her turf anytime soon. It's like a psychological, biological impossibility for either of them to do so. They will either kill each other or form some strained alliance just to get by if they can accept how much alike they are and decide holding onto their apples is worth the sacrifice.

Should make for a good season. Way better than stinking Bookgate, anyway.

I think so too. And they're both successful with their own business. Which creates tangible competition.

With all Beth's success, she can't seem to let others also have success. Somehow, she's comvinced she is Warren Buffet level (who I imagine got that way listening, not blabbing).

Forgive me as I watched last 2 back to back and run together but at Beth's brunch she was so confident she could get Sonja into gear. Dismissive of Heathers attempts. What bothered me more was her mocking of the mini Shark Tank thing Momma had done. Shut the fuck up occassionaly. Everything doesn't require your self proclaimed wise two cents. And I don't even like Momma Hatty and that irritated me.

Aware of the hypocrisy as you see my use of "fuck" above, but I don't like Beth and her "braid each other's pussy hair" comments.

I have a love/hate with Carole. As a smaller busted gal myself (though bit more endowed) I gotta give hats off for the ping pong scene. In our "bigger is better" society, go you for having self confidence and healthy body image to do that. Represent, holla!

....then she said the screwing emoji and I promptly hated her again. Le sigh.

Can't believe of all the good stuff i have where she was a raving bitch, I'm focusing on this, but I thought Papa John should have just let Dorito have the Hearts of Palm Salad. You don't miss many meals, let the goat cheese and passive agressive go and let the lass have her hearts of palm salad.

....then she got on his cell phone and I hated her again. Le sigh.

• Love 7

Sorry, but if you're in a room with Kristin and Bethenny, you really think you're going to spend the night looking at/listening to Kristin? Not likely.

Kristin is driftwood. But girl is pretty.

Although, Bethenny did look amazing in the jumpsuit.

• Love 4

if Carole could not give this chef a platform to launch himself he wouldn't take a second look at her. Cooking shows are a dime a dozen, he's got a reality TV gal with rocking homes in NYC & CA. And they both get a story line. Clever.

That fight with Dorinda and Johnny was so awkward I didn't like it. I don't go to my HW to feel like that. I actually felt badly for him she looked capable of anything, and by anything I mean nothing good. He had his hands full. Buzzkill.

If she's going to be hostile at every gathering, she can go back to where she came from.

Yeah, the wolf den.

• Love 3

Somehow, Bethenny's "I'm so above it" attitude has managed to make her look incredibly petty. And I'm also confounded as a viewer, because she used to be my favorite. But there's "tell it like it is" and "caustic" and so far, for me, she is tipping towards caustic.

• Love 13

I think so too. And they're both successful with their own business. Which creates tangible competition.

With all Beth's success, she can't seem to let others also have success. Somehow, she's comvinced she is Warren Buffet level (who I imagine got that way listening, not blabbing).

Forgive me as I watched last 2 back to back and run together but at Beth's brunch she was so confident she could get Sonja into gear. Dismissive of Heathers attempts. What bothered me more was her mocking of the mini Shark Tank thing Momma had done. Shut the fuck up occassionaly. Everything doesn't require your self proclaimed wise two cents. And I don't even like Momma Hatty and that irritated me.

Bethenny needs to remember that her entire SG line success is a direct result of her popularity on this show and her spin offs, not because she is some marketing whiz. Heather, on the other hand, built a successful business from the ground up and was already established in specialty stores and HSN before she even thought about joining the show.  That's why Heather was asked to do that workshop and not Bethenny. IMO, Heather is the better/stronger/smarter business woman, not Bethenny and on top of all the business success, Heather is more rounded because she has a solid marriage/family life, something I do not think Bethenny will ever have because she refuses to look beyond her own needs.  JMO

• Love 15

This seems spectacularly unfair, and simply not rooted in reality.  Bethenny's success and Heather's success are not only in completely separate fields, but in completely separate realms.  Bethenny's holdings are not only more diverse, but also far more lucrative, with Bethenny's net worth estimated at about $25 million, and Heather's estimated at about $10m.  If Bethenny was going to have issues with someone based on relative success and business acumen, Ramona is closer to Bethenny's level of success and diversity than Heather is (and I think we all know that Bethenny was having issues with Ramona long before Bethenny hit the big time).  We always have to get back to that misogynistic trope that women can't get along or respect another woman's success without wanting to scratch her eyes out.  If Bethenny was annoyed with Heather, maybe it's because Heather's annoying.  This isn't a newsflash; Heather's been annoying all along.

• Love 12

I think Dorito allows her daughter too much influence on her dating.....her daughter is 20 now and dropped out from college at the moment. And this is putting Dorito in a bad situation and it's not helping her or her daughter. 

Carole is really bothering me this season. Last year she wanted to be considered an author but this year a party girl and blowing off contracts/committments made to her publisher. Gee Carole, pick one. Retire and party all you want. OTOH act your age, not 18. She is way too coy for me and thinks she is so cute, adorable, and funny. Good grief, she is going to be 52 in Aug. I think Luanne handles dating, even young men much better that Carole and in an interesting way.

• Love 9

I guess it just occurred to me that one of the reasons that I used to like B more was that when she put people on blast, she had a reason to - she had history with them. She was reactive to the dysfunction around her - not creating it. Now, I feel like she's trying to be Old B - tough, combative, "real" - but she has no relationships with these women. She has no reason (yet) to go after Heather, Kristin, Dorinda, or Raz. The queen of cutting through the bullshit has instead turned into the manufacturer of unnecessary drama and it is not a good look for her.

• Love 13

I kind of enjoy Bethenny still. Like yes, she's incredibly brash and could probably show a lot more tact when she handles things, but Heather annoys the hell out of me. 

I am enjoying Bethenny too and agree that she can be incredibly brash and abrasive but I am glad she's back.  I stopped watching RHONY when she left so I'm glad I have a reason to be watching again.  

The newbies are a mixed bag for me.   Without ever seeing her in an episode, I thought I would dislike Heather but so far, she hasn't pissed me off....at least not yet.  I'm not crazy about her tagline or her unusually large mouth (in size) so it probably won't take much for me to find reasons to dislike her.  So far, I'm OK with Carol.  Kristen might as well not be on the show because she's irrelevant.

I loved watching Ramona, Sonja and even LuAnn again.  Way back when........I couldn't stand Lu but this woman is not the same Lu I remember from her "money can't buy you class" days.

Dorinda.........I liked her with Ramona in the season opener but can't stand her daughter and the way she treats John.  That restaurant scene was hard to watch.  She kind of reminds me of a Jill Zarin without the awful voice.  I'm a native New Yorker and think Dorinda/Jill are stereotypes of the upper east side.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

To be fair, I don't think the songs we hear on the TV are necessarily the ones that they are dancing to at that moment in time.  There are copyright issues, blahblahblah. 

I don't think those awkward jerky movements would go with any music.  They just don't got it...

• Love 2

I don't think she knows what she wants. I think she's just making it up as she goes along. Because last night she made some comment about men being better either under 25 or over 75. I may not have the exact ages right, but that was the gist of it. I never know whether Carole is joking or not. She also said men like it when you puke because you're vulnerable and they can take care of you. That kind of skeeved me out.

About Carole, I think she's playing a role to help her friend Andy sell this season. lol  I saw a photo somewhere of Carole with Candace Bushnell and maybe Bethenny?? I wouldn't be surprised if everything Carole is doing and saying on the show this season and in press for it during is all manufactured for the show. In fact, every season, I can see Carole playing a role now that I look back. 

She was a news producer at ABC under Peter Jennings - when news was still legit reliable solid news. She's not an airhead or stupid or silly.  Carole and her book agent are in on this too. This is all a role so i'm just watching her and marvelling that she's doing this at age 50?? 51?? Wow. 

• Love 3

Bethenny needs to remember that her entire SG line success is a direct result of her popularity on this show and her spin offs, not because she is some marketing whiz. Heather, on the other hand, built a successful business from the ground up and was already established in specialty stores and HSN before she even thought about joining the show.  That's why Heather was asked to do that workshop and not Bethenny. IMO, Heather is the better/stronger/smarter business woman, not Bethenny and on top of all the business success, Heather is more rounded because she has a solid marriage/family life, something I do not think Bethenny will ever have because she refuses to look beyond her own needs.  JMO

I don't know. I remember Bethenny hustling in earlier seasons. I remember her networking in a room full of men like nothing I could imagine. She was incredible really. 

Anyhow, more rounded? Is this a legit thing, that women don't count or are less worthwhile or to even suggest less skilled (at life? ??) unless they're married with 'solid' family? I hope not. Bethenny can't help her family background. She's doing the best she can with her life and doing it pretty damn well. Ramona had a marriage and supposedly solid family life and look what happened? Luann too. Same with Sonja. Carole's husband died. 

• Love 10

I don't know. I remember Bethenny hustling in earlier seasons. I remember her networking in a room full of men like nothing I could imagine. She was incredible really. 

Anyhow, more rounded? Is this a legit thing, that women don't count or are less worthwhile or to even suggest less skilled (at life? ??) unless they're married with 'solid' family? I hope not. Bethenny can't help her family background. She's doing the best she can with her life and doing it pretty damn well. Ramona had a marriage and supposedly solid family life and look what happened? Luann too. Same with Sonja. Carole's husband died. 

I am in no way defending Beth because I've loathed her since season one, but I agree with your post.  Yes, she'll slap her logo on anything but girl knows how to hustle and make a buck. I don't think she cares if Bravo was the spring board to her success...she's hit the jackpot and she's the sort that never looks back as she claws her way to the top. 

Do I think Heather is a happier person than Beth?  Seems to be.  Do I think she's a smarter or better business person than Beth?  Not by a long shot.

• Love 4

So once again, we have Bethenny on national TV in her underwear.  A thong this time.  But....her husband and father in law supposedly  in their underwear in her husband's home is a no no.  Sorry, I just can't help mentioning the hypocrisy here.

I think I like Dorinda but when she gets into these confrontations with her boyfriend, I kind of drift off.  I tend to do that when the conversation is kind of illogical.  I don't know if that's the right word but I have these moments of what are they talking about?  Maybe it's just me.

The birthday party was awkward.  And then the women 'had' to dance on the table.  OK, maybe kind of desperate is a better word:  Beth's assistants, some 'housewives' with some young men and Fredrick and his husband.  Weird.

Beth was and has been condescending to Heather.  First was the lunch with her comments to Heather about being on the 'shark' tank type show and then the sleeping comment when Heather brought up Kristen's feelings about not being invited to the birthday party.  Heather said it wasn't a big deal or anything when she told Beth about Kristen's feelings.  But Beth had to give the attitude.  And then saying Heather was a plus one.  I don't think Heather is threatened by Beth.  I think Beth may be a little threatened by Heather.  Maybe Heather hasn't made as much money as Beth but she did it all on her own.  She's worked for some big names and now has her own company.  She's also got the happy family.  This is also her third season on the show.  She's not a newbie.  She's a veteran. 

• Love 7

I am in no way defending Beth because I've loathed her since season one, but I agree with your post. Yes, she'll slap her logo on anything but girl knows how to hustle and make a buck. I don't think she cares if Bravo was the spring board to her success...she's hit the jackpot and she's the sort that never looks back as she claws her way to the top.

Do I think Heather is a happier person than Beth? Seems to be. Do I think she's a smarter or better business person than Beth? Not by a long shot.

I think this gets to the root of it in my opinion. It's not about the fact that Heather has a family, or that doing so makes a woman more complete. It's about having what you really want and being a happy person. I have always liked Beth, but I have always thought she didn't seem happy. I put that in large part on the way she grew up. No question, the girl can hustle like crazy. She did hustle and she has found amazing success. The thing is that Beth always said she wanted a family. She always wanted to get married and have kids. While the business thing worked out for her, the marriage thing didn't, and now she has said she will never marry again. That is just fine, but I don't think she is a happy person - at all. This is what Heather has on her IMO. Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 10

Having a more rounded life that includes a husband/partner/children was something Bethenny claimed she wanted and yes, I do think having a marriage and kids does make a person more well rounded, IMO.

Bethenny's entire SG line success is a direct result of being on this show and being the most popular HW on the show.  She is a hustler, no taking that from her but Heather did it without the show, from the ground up. And even though Heather's business is not at Bethenny's level, yet, she has done it without the backing of TV fans willing to buy any/all that their favorite HW pushes.

• Love 5

I like John more than I like Dorinda. What is her problem? Why is she letting her 21 year old daughter run her life? Bethenny and Heather were absolutely correct, there IS a way Dorinda COULD put her foot down with Hannah about John.

And, WHY do people put up with being talked to the way she talks to John? I think John comes off as very gentlemanly, for the most part. And he's not UNattractive. He should tell Dorinda to go eff herself. ((I just have a personal thing about people speaking to me and other just any old way. I'd have told Dorinda to back up the attitude a few times by now. Tone down the attitude, biotch))

As for Carole and Sonja and their young mates...that's fine. But they seem so classless and tacky about it: I met you, I like you, let's go to bed. Color me old-fahsioned, but there's something UNattractive about women who come off as easy tramps. And, IMO they do.

• Love 8