Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: The Art Of Being A Cougar

• Start Topic

(edited)

I don't believe that three of the women have "boyfriends" in their twenties. I think LuAnn and Sonja screwed a couple of guys in their twenties, and yes, I'm guessing the guys were in it for the sex, the cameras and probably the free booze/good food. I haven't heard anything about them actually having or being in a relationship with these guys, other than a night or two.

Carole is, I believe, the only one with a "boyfriend" in his twenties (maybe thirties by now?) and they are still together, even though the cameras have gone away. They even got a puppy together.

That's awesome to hear.  I am glad that she found a good one who isn't with her for the cameras.  Or the Kennedy mystique. :)

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 1
(edited)

I am not so much stuck on Carole's dating a younger man as I am on the seeming personality transplant.  I was more disturbed by her ditzy response to her editor that 'oops I have deadlines' than the guys love it when chicks blow chunks shit.

Imo, that's ALWAYS been her personality. Nothing new to see here, folks. 

Does anyone remember when Aviva found out Carole smoked and Carole said that the cigarettes couldn't hurt her because they were pink??  She's always acted like a ditz as long as she's been on my tv.

And if she's not stupid, I'm trying to decide which is worse:  Actually being stupid or acting like you are.

For my money, it's acting stupid.  Because what would a supposedly accomplished woman gain by pretending to be that way?  So either she is or she isn't.  Neither one looks good on her.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 4

I don't believe that three of the women have "boyfriends" in their twenties. I think LuAnn and Sonja screwed a couple of guys in their twenties, and yes, I'm guessing the guys were in it for the sex, the cameras and probably the free booze/good food. I haven't heard anything about them actually having or being in a relationship with these guys, other than a night or two.

Carole is, I believe, the only one with a "boyfriend" in his twenties (maybe thirties by now?) and they are still together, even though the cameras have gone away. They even got a puppy together.

That's why I did the quotes on "boyfriends."   As with Carole, even though the cameras have temporarily gone away, the fame, wealth and opportunities haven't.

• Love 2

I'm not sure how much of an impression being the one time wife to the cousin of a Kennedy would make on someone in their 20s or early 30s. The Kennedys were influential in the 60s and 70s. John Kennedy Jr. Died 15 years ago, Ted Kennedy about 5 years ago. Is Carol's boy toy an American? I ask that because I think he has an accent. If he wasn't educated here, the Kennedy name would mean even less to him. I don't think his attraction to Carol has anything to do with the the Kennedy name. Maybe he likes her. Or needs a mother.

• Love 2

Seriously if my 30 year old son moved in and bought a puppy with a 50 year old woman (I don't care how "hipster" she is), I would lose it. Dating and messing around, fine, have at it. But serious commitment? No way!! Ugh, she is so in love with herself and thinks she is the sex goddess of all time. She's attractive enough but she is only 1/2 as hot and amazing as she thinks she is. JUST MY OPINION before people jump down my throat.

Dorinda was a total bitch to John. Yes, her daughter should come first in her heart but the way she treated that guy was repugnant. Dorinda, your daughter is a lazy, entitled and spoiled brat that you created. To let her dictate your life is utterly insane. John should have dumped her and never looked back. Perhaps that's why he's in the back room at Beautique (?) lookin' for ladies.

And PLEASE Hannah, stop mugging for the cameras. If she can't act "real" and stop being cutesy after these first few scenes, I don't want to watch her anymore.

Sonja always seems like these guy's grandmother to me. There is something matronly about Sonja and it skeeves me out when she is grinding on 23 year old boys.

• Love 6
(edited)

Bethenny can suck it but I have to agree with you there.

For me, it's the words: more "well rounded" in the OP that are the sticky point for me.

My single, child free friend has a great career. She spends any time she isn't working, doing things that have made her more fit, intellectual, more beautiful and a brilliant conversationalist. She's well versed in everything from sunscreen to special needs kids. (She's a teacher.) She's far more well rounded than me even though I'm very happily married with a kid. The only thing it seems I'm well versed in is the Housewives. LOL

What a wonderful tribute to a good friend. You are more well versed than Housewives. From the post alone, I gather you're versed in humility, kindness, and compassion. We need to hire you to be on set with Beth. The world needs more of you! Edited by KnoxForPres
  • Love 3

Hannah and her eyebrows need to get back in school.

Do people really throw themselves birthday parties?  I personally don't know anyone who ever has.  Even people we know with no family.  I can almost imagine if I were single with no family, and no one remembered, calling a friend and saying, "Cmon.  I need a drink for my birthday."  But to reserve a restaurant and actuallyncall people to invite them to my birthday party?  I'll admit, my social circle isn't huge so that's why I'm sincerely wondering if this is often done.

Yes.  I've got a circle of friends who all throw their own and they have for years.  Reason being that it's easier to pick the date time place and invite list yourself.  What used to happen is that there were 3 or 4 of us that would be the planners for the dozen or so in the group.  Most of my friends though, just pick a place and announce it that way - nothing formal unless it's a milestone.

And Taylor Swift is far more well known and has infinitely more "mystique" than the Kennedy kid. The Kennedy kid got cred for dating Taylor Swift, not the other way around.

There is still definitely a "Kennedy mystique", but it's mostly people who were alive in the 60-70's, not exactly the under 30 crowd. The Kardashian generation if you will.

Swiftie dated the teen Kennedy because he was a Kennedy.  He was a junior in HS for chrissakes.  Whose mother had recently committed suicide.  And has since been mentioned, Miley is dating a Shwartz-Kennedy.  The Kennedy's don't have the same cache they used to have but they still move in the celeb circles.

• Love 2

Hannah and her eyebrows need to get back in school.

Swiftie dated the teen Kennedy because he was a Kennedy. He was a junior in HS for chrissakes. Whose mother had recently committed suicide. And has since been mentioned, Miley is dating a Shwartz-Kennedy. The Kennedy's don't have the same cache they used to have but they still move in the celeb circles.

Nobody gave a shit who the Kennedy kid dated until he dated Taylor Swift, and no one gives a shit who he has dated since. Taylor Swift was the celebrity in that situation, not the other way around.

And I believe the Schwarzeneger kid is a Shriver.

I believe Carole and her Kennedy connection is s ship that has long since sailed. It's about as relevant to the under 30 crowd as Jordache jeans.

• Love 5
(edited)
Dorito

Ah, OK, now I get why I'm overcome with such a strong urge to go out for a chip (& honestly, I'm no snacker) every freakin' time she and Miss Eyebrows, or she & Mr. Meatball, are all over my screen.

So Beth can fake not having a boyfriend (or a home), but she can't feign some basic manners?

Wait, didn't she slam Kells for having a fake boyfriend?  And now she's faking NOT having a boyfriend.  What the what?

Question here:  Shouldn't Kristen be taking up the issue of NOT being invited to Bethenny's fakety-fake birthday party -- with producers & Satan Andy?  Here's my theory on why B was bored & annoyed by Heather asking why she didn't invite Kristen to the dumbass fake party.  It was totally because B was playing along with Satan Andy's rules not to reveal too much to us.  

Bethenny probably wanted to say to Heather (but couldn't cuz the producers & Satan Andy wouldn't let her), "Look, you snotty, annoying fake bitch, I didn't plan this bullshit party.  The producers do that shit.  So if you're gonna involve yourself with this crap, when it's none of your business anyway, go tell Kristen to take it up with the producers setting up this fake shit & leave me the fuck out of it, cuz I haven't the time to deal with this minutia, cuz I'm now worth 100 mil.  And btw, fuck off, Heather."  This is what Bethenny absolutely shoulda said to her.

And yeah, Kristen, hun, I wouldn't take the housekeeper's point of view to heart.  You should care you weren't invited, Kristen -- you really should fuckin' care.  Dorinda's a newbie & she's gettin' plenty of camera time, particularly with Miss Eyebrows & The Meatball.  Me thinks Kristen's lack of an invite is the producers' hint she's boring as hell this season & they're ready to give her the boot unless she does something interesting.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

Just curious, anyone bothered B is not showing Brynn?  I know, I know, she can't, whether she would have liked to or not.  While I'm not bothered Brynn is not on the show, I'd like to see Bethenny talking about Brynn more.  It would seem more natural & organic, which B has said & implied she wants to be in her presence on the show.  

What is bothering me is she's not mentioning her boyfriend -- at all.  I think he had no interest in appearing on the show.  OK, that's fine.  But her not even mentioning him is leaving out an important piece of her life.  She has since split with him, but at the time of filming, apparently she was very close to him & I heard she was living with him.  To me, leaving out ANY mention of him is NOT being honest with the audience about her life.

And to me, the biggest tip-off that birthday party was a bunch of fake crapola just done for the show was that her boyfriend wasn't there.  Who the fuck would throw a birthday party for herself & not have her boyfriend there?  Er, huh?

Heather seems to be leaving her family out too but maybe we'll see them later. I just get a sense that she wants to leave them safely tucked away after being fairly open last season.

• Love 2

Heather seems to be leaving her family out too but maybe we'll see them later. I just get a sense that she wants to leave them safely tucked away after being fairly open last season.

I've actually been wondering about her family. Her husband was a cutie and I was really interested in the story with her son and his hearing. I hope he's doing well, poor little guy had so many health problems.

I don't think grungy chef is dating carol because he wants an in with the Kennedy's. She barely has that at this point. He's either dating her because of her money or because he has a giant teeth fetish. Or maybe both.

• Love 1

Bethenny can suck it but I have to agree with you there.

For me, it's the words: more "well rounded" in the OP that are the sticky point for me.

My single, child free friend has a great career.  She spends any time she isn't working, doing things that have made her more fit, intellectual, more beautiful and a brilliant conversationalist. She's well versed in everything from sunscreen to special needs kids. (She's a teacher.)  She's far more well rounded than me even though I'm very happily married with a kid. The only thing it seems I'm well versed in is the Housewives. LOL

"Well rounded" encompasses more than just being married/having children, I was going by what Bethenny said she wanted. She is not involved like your friend is, she is not grounded like your friend is. Heather, on the other hand, is involved with helping others outside her private world, her charities, helping others launch their own businesses, challenging herself. I was speaking of Bethenny and Heather, comparing them to each other, comparing their lives, their business beginnings, their goals. I apologize if my post made you think being married with children was the only way 1 could be "well rounded" because it was not my intent. IMO, Heather is "well rounded" while Bethenny is more about herself than anyone else, including, IMO, Bryn.

• Love 7

I don't think we saw Heathers kids right away last season either. We were introduced to Kristen's family first and then we saw Aviva's twice before Heather's kids appeared last season.

Re: Bethenny's bday party, here's what I think happened: the producers wanted to show her birthday because she had a GIANT FUCKING MELTDOWN on camera during a birthday party when she was engaged to Jason and were hoping it would happen a second time. So they told her to throw a party and invite whomever bc the party was not about the guests, it was about B's impending meltdown. She invited whom she wanted and a great time. There was no meltdown to film, so the drama turned to the peeps she didn't invite. My theory.

• Love 4
(edited)

Yeah, I think Carole is just not coming across well this season.  I agree with this assessment of Carole, but this is not how she seems to me on the show, as I've been watching it .  Er, why?  Maybe she's trying too hard in her TH's?  She always gives a really smug look & laughs every time she says something.  Really annoying, off-putting habit Gretchen used to do.

As far as Adam goes?  He seems like a low-key kinda guy -- which doesn't really make for good reality show material.  We haven't heard much from him & he hasn't displayed much personality.  But he seems like a typical 29 year old guy & he's going out with Carole cuz he probably thinks she's fun & attractive & maybe that's about it.  I didn't get the impression Carole was focused on going for someone younger.  She just liked Adam & went for him.  Whatever.  I'm not interested so much in any of this.  I just don't care for the way she's acting so goofy.  Guess she thinks it's adorable.  Nope, not adorable, Carole.

Just as an aside, I've seen Carole a few times lately & I think she looks very attractive in person.  She looks a bit younger than her age, but not much.  What struck me about Carole, when I saw her, is she was always with a friend or 2 & was smiling.  Now that's the Carole I liked on the show (seems like a billion years ago) & I suspect that's who she really is -- friendly & attractive.  She sure ain't coming across that way this season.  Is she trying too hard or am I just over this forced, fakey, goofy, cutesy act she's putting on for the show?

In contrast to this, a good friend of mine lives a few blocks away from Bethenny's place in Tribeca & he used to see her all the time -- altho not as much lately.  He said EVERY time he saw Bethenny she was always alone, and she always walked very, very quickly & always had a miserable, angry look on her mug.  He also said she had kind of a shlumpy walk, where she clomps her heels down really, really hard.  Funny thing to notice, but he said you can hear Bethenny walking from blocks away.  Hmmm.

So is throwing yourself a birthday party after the age of 12, kind of a loser thing to do -- or just more forced setup crapola Satan Andy uses on his shows?

Yeah, I have to admit she kind of lost me in episode 1 of this season.

She's been in journalism for decades...she's written 2 books, one of which at least was a best seller...yet she's sitting there with her editor acting like she doesn't know what a fucking contract entails or what a deadline is?  

Even her editor looked positively dumbfounded (understandably).

I don't know where the fresh hell she was trying to go with that bullshittery but even the fictional Carrie Bradshaw knew what a contract and a deadline were.  Carole can skip me with whatever she was trying to sell there because I'm not buying it.

Ignorance is never cute whichever gender is involved, but for a successful 50-something-year-old woman to act (and I'm going to assume it was, in fact, an act due to her previous successes) in such a manner just left me scratching my head.  I can't perceive on what level, if any, she thought that would be a good look for her.

As far as her and Adam are concerned, hey, I'm a cougar extraordinaire and Mr. Persnickety is more than a decade younger than I am so no judgment there.  

Interestingly, I didn't have to take any club drugs nor puke all over him...but then I don't strive to look vulnerable.  But I wouldn't mind taking a ride in a pedicab.  That sounds like fun.  

"Well rounded" encompasses more than just being married/having children, I was going by what Bethenny said she wanted. She is not involved like your friend is, she is not grounded like your friend is. Heather, on the other hand, is involved with helping others outside her private world, her charities, helping others launch their own businesses, challenging herself. I was speaking of Bethenny and Heather, comparing them to each other, comparing their lives, their business beginnings, their goals. I apologize if my post made you think being married with children was the only way 1 could be "well rounded" because it was not my intent. IMO, Heather is "well rounded" while Bethenny is more about herself than anyone else, including, IMO, Bryn.

Bethenny also supports several charities:

Charities & foundations supported 6

Bethenny Frankel has supported the following charities listed on this site:

Candie's Foundation

Children's Health Fund

Dress for Success

Hero in Heels

PETA

Wish Upon A Hero Foundation

https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/bethenny-frankel

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Yeah, I have to admit she kind of lost me in episode 1 of this season.

She's been in journalism for decades...she's written 2 books, one of which at least was a best seller...yet she's sitting there with her editor acting like she doesn't know what a fucking contract entails or what a deadline is?  

I don't know where the fresh hell she was trying to go with that bullshittery but even the fictional Carrie Bradshaw knew what a contract and a deadline were.  Carole can skip me with whatever she was trying to sell there because I'm not buying it.

Ignorance is never cute whichever gender is involved, but for a successful 50-something-year-old woman to act (and I'm going to assume it was, in fact, an act due to her previous successes) in such a manner just left me scratching my head.  I can't perceive on what level, if any, she thought that would be a good look for her.

As far as her and Adam are concerned, hey, I'm a cougar extraordinaire and Mr. Persnickety is more than a decade younger than I am so no judgment there.  

Interestingly, I didn't have to take any club drugs nor puke all over him...but then I don't strive to look vulnerable.  But I wouldn't mind taking a ride in a pedicab.  That sounds like fun.  

Bethenny also supports several charities:

Charities & foundations supported 6

Bethenny Frankel has supported the following charities listed on this site:

Candie's Foundation

Children's Health Fund

Dress for Success

Hero in Heels

PETA

Wish Upon A Hero Foundation

https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/bethenny-frankel

Tell me 1 thing Bethenny sold, successfully sold, before she was on the HW show? Just 1! Name me 1 business she started that was successful before she joined the NY HW show?

I am glad to see Bethenny supports so many charities, is she on any of their boards? Oh, and I knew about PETA, that she shared on the show before she left for her own spinoff. I remember the photo on the roof top, much classier than Joanna K's from Miami! BUT, I still do not think she, Bethenny, is as well rounded as Heather. LOL

Oh, and I agree about Carole, this memory loss about deadlines and contracts is ridiculous IMO. Do you think she is doing it because of "bookgate" last year?

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1
(edited)
So Luann knocks Carole for dating the help, buuuuuut it was ok for her niece to date the help? Lol

I remember in S4 Sonja giving Cindy a dressing-down when Cindy danced with one of Sonja's staff (could have been an intern). Because you just don't do that. Fast forward a couple of seasons and Sonja is practically throwing herself at one of the house staff in St. Barth's, and the barely-legal pontoon boat captain that Heather had hired for the afternoon. Not totally the same, but still...these women are absolute hypocrites. LuAnn and Sonja are the worst because they think their ex-husbands' social standing give them a pass to the same stuff they'd consider gauche in others.

There is still definitely a "Kennedy mystique", but it's mostly people who were alive in the 60-70's, not exactly the under 30 crowd.

Yup. I've lived in Massachusetts for over 20 years and whatever Kennedy mystique there was pretty much died with Teddy (and to an extent, JFK Jr.). And the general sentiment was less one of adulation and more of "man, this family is really messed up/entitled" over the antics of some of the younger, male family members. When Teddy's name comes up, there are still plenty of people who bring up Chappaquiddick. I don't think anyone's hooking up with Carole for the Camelot factor, myself.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 1
(edited)

Tell me 1 thing Bethenny sold, successfully sold, before she was on the HW show? Just 1! Name me 1 business she started that was successful before she joined the NY HW show?

I am glad to see Bethenny supports so many charities, is she on any of their boards? Oh, and I knew about PETA, that she shared on the show before she left for her own spinoff. I remember the photo on the roof top, much classier than Joanna K's from Miami! BUT, I still do not think she, Bethenny, is as well rounded as Heather. LOL

Oh, and I agree about Carole, this memory loss about deadlines and contracts is ridiculous IMO. Do you think she is doing it because of "bookgate" last year?

I never purported she was a blazing success before the show so not sure where your challenge for me to name one thing came from.  

I think she had some sort of deal with Pepperidge Farm for that Bethenny Bakes crap that she couldn't give away and was trying to get Skinny Girl off the ground.  Since I never claimed she was successful before the show I don't feel obligated to Google her life history to support a claim I didn't make, LOL.  

I posted about her charity work because I remembered I had read about her supporting Dress for Success and her ad campaign for PETA that was filmed for the show.

I have no interest in googling to see if she's on the board of directors of anything, but presumably you have and the answer is no.

I'll have to remember to put on my best behavior when the subject of Heather is raised, apparently.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 4
(edited)
I don't think anyone's hooking up with Carole for the Camelot factor, myself.

Carole is on TV. Isn't that plenty of reason for anyone craving a little airtime/publicity/exposure to hook up with her when he isn't really into her?  She doesn't need the Kennedy thing.  She has Bravo.

Not that I assume this chef dude is only with her because she is on the TeeVee.  For all I know, he adores her and wishes he were not being accused of only being with her for Kennedy energy, tv exposure, sexy times or whatever.  It's possible.  Not all May-December relationships are money or publicity based.  There are some genuine attractions for sure.  I hope it is the real deal, actually.  I am rooting for the cougars of the world! Plus he looks darn cute to me and the guy is a chef.  God know Carole needs to EAT "lol"

I just hope for the puppy's sake it's true love.  Dogs are not fashion accessories one can discard after a season.  They are a ten or fifteen year commitment at a minimum.  If they really did get a dog together, they better be serious about their relationship.  Because I am capable of getting seriously pissed when people toy with animals, and Carole will never hear the end of it on this board if I determine her relationship with this new dog is as shallow as I think so many other things about her are.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 6

What a wonderful tribute to a good friend. You are more well versed than Housewives. From the post alone, I gather you're versed in humility, kindness, and compassion. We need to hire you to be on set with Beth. The world needs more of you!

Mom?  Is that you?  LOL. Thanks, KnoxForPres.  All I have to say to that is, "Have you read any of my other posts??"  and Knox for President!!  :-)

• Love 6

This Nosy Nancy really wants to see Holla Hatty's apartment.

I agree with you that Bravo is what really launched Bethenny.  She appeared to be struggling in her career when we first met her.  That said, who's to say that Heather wasn't struggling in hers before she met Diddy?  She said he taught her everything she knows about marketing.  He likely threw in some connections, here and there, too.

Both women have hustle.  And both needed help as they moved up the ladder.  I think everybody does.  Beth had Bravo.  Heather had Puff.  Or Diddy.  Or P. Daddy.  Diddy Daddy?

• Love 2

I know a woman, now in her 60's, who still (to quote Margaret Mitchell) thinks that she's the cutest trick in shoe leather. When around pretty much any male she'll giggle, simper, play incredibly dumb, ask any big strong man she's set her sights on to help poor little her lift that great big plate, reach that so high up glass or whatever.

It unfailingly pisses off and revolts any woman present and still--god knows why--appeals to the twits she's aiming for.

I've always thought that playing dumb is, well, dumb...which may explain why I'm single. Okay, that and the fact that I have little tolerance for that kind of game playing bullshit. The thing which amazes me is that this game seems to work, at least to some degree. If a man who seems to be an insecure fool or looking for an easy lay is what you want. Perhaps Carole is still playing a game which should have gone away decades ago.

• Love 6
(edited)

Lu's blog is up and man, she lets Carole and John have it.  Saves a little for Heather, too. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/luann-de-lesseps/luann-carole-should-stick-to

Carole and I were such great friends before, and I’ve been very disappointed by her this season. I slowly came to realize that when it comes to Carole, not everything is what it seems. There’s an element of “fake” in it, and you don’t really see it until it’s directed at you. You’ll see what I mean.

[snip] So let’s review: barfing in pedicabs, looking for men in your girlfriends’ kitchens and thinking it’s cute, hiding inappropriate flings from those friends and wanting to announce your fling via a “screwing emoji” on a text…tacky. WHAT she did and HOW she did it is the problem. I’m fiercely loyal to my friends and devoted to my family, and when anyone crosses that line, I defend it to the fullest. Carole should stick to good ol’ fashioned Tinder and not scavenge for dates in my kitchen.

Edited by ryebread

I've always thought that playing dumb is, well, dumb...which may explain why I'm single. Okay, that and the fact that I have little tolerance for that kind of game playing bullshit. The thing which amazes me is that this game seems to work, at least to some degree. If a man who seems to be an insecure fool or looking for an easy lay is what you want. Perhaps Carole is still playing a game which should have gone away decades ago.

Playing dumb is dumb.  There will always be things that a man is better at just because he's physically stronger. Or stuff they're better at because their brains are wired different.  Those are the things, imo, that a woman shouldn't be ashamed of being vulnerable to. 

Barfing on a guy's shoes is not one of those. 

Simpering is neither.  That's why I always gave the side eye to Camille.

• Love 3

Lu's blog is up and man, she lets Carole and John have it.  Saves a little for Heather, too. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/luann-de-lesseps/luann-carole-should-stick-to

Oh man, Lu is starting to lose me again.  And not because of the Carole shade (although I swear that there MUST be more to the story than we are actually seeing .... like, as it's been suggested, Lu had already called dibs on Adam for herself!)

But it's stuff like this that is crossing over into uncool territory for me:

I adore Dorinda's daughter Hannah. She’s got a great sense of humor, is incredibly smart and really knows how to work a room

Oh Lu, no. Just..... no. 

This Nosy Nancy really wants to see Holla Hatty's apartment.

Wait, so we've never seen Heather's apartment, have we?  I never realized that until just now.  Or HAVE we and I'm just forgetting?

• Love 1
Does anyone remember when Aviva found out Carole smoked and Carole said that the cigarettes couldn't hurt her because they were pink??  She's always acted like a ditz as long as she's been on my tv.

And if she's not stupid, I'm trying to decide which is worse:  Actually being stupid or acting like you are.

For my money, it's acting stupid.  Because what would a supposedly accomplished woman gain by pretending to be that way?  So either she is or she isn't.  Neither one looks good on her.

Why are these the two choices?  That she's either stupid or acting stupid?  Because when Carole said that, and the thing about vomiting, and other such comments, it was crystal clear to me that she was joking.  Her sense of humor may be dry, but it's still obvious. I think people who already have a mindset to dislike her -- for reasons I can't fathom -- choose to dismiss her humor and indict her for her "serious" comments. That doesn't look good on anyone, either.

• Love 5

How did dating Adam mean Carole was going after LuAnn's family?  She really sounds like a jealous jilted lover going after the new girlfriend!

Oh man, Lu is starting to lose me again.  And not because of the Carole shade (although I swear that there MUST be more to the story than we are actually seeing .... like, as it's been suggested, Lu had already called dibs on Adam for herself!)

But it's stuff like this that is crossing over into uncool territory for me:

Oh Lu, no. Just..... no. 

Wait, so we've never seen Heather's apartment, have we?  I never realized that until just now.  Or HAVE we and I'm just forgetting?

I think we saw Heathers apartment 1 time on the show but I don't remember her hosting any party there though. I am sure with Jax's health problems, having a large crew of people there would not be a good idea. JMO

Maybe I'm just in the minority here, but I don't blame Lu one bit for being pissed at Carole. I like Carole, but the way she went about dating Adam was kind of shady. There's a reason Carole was hesitant to tell Lu about the two of them hanging out that had NOTHING to do with privacy. She was all too willing to share with Heather and from the looks of it, with Kristen next week. She KNEW Lu would have a problem with it. And she did it anyway. That's not really a friend. I'm not hating on her for dating someone younger. That's her prerogative and hey, good for her that she can land someone that hot (I do find him attractive, not going to lie). But the fact of the matter is that he works for Lu, used to date her niece, and he's friends with her son Noel. That'd be a little awkward for anyone. Would it have killed Carole to tell Lu, "Hey, Adam asked me to hang out and go on a date. We've been talking. Do you have a problem with it?" Not that she needs anyone's permission, but it's just a courtesy to give a friend a heads-up. If she valued or cared about Lu's friendship at all she wouldn't have gone behind her back. It seems like Lu has a problem with that more than anything. AND it puts Lu in kind of an awkward position. I think Carole used poor judgment here, not for clubbing and dating a younger guy, but for being kind of shady and a crappy friend.

• Love 7

Why are these the two choices?  That she's either stupid or acting stupid?  Because when Carole said that, and the thing about vomiting, and other such comments, it was crystal clear to me that she was joking.  Her sense of humor may be dry, but it's still obvious. I think people who already have a mindset to dislike her -- for reasons I can't fathom -- choose to dismiss her humor and indict her for her "serious" comments. That doesn't look good on anyone, either.

Hey now.  Snark the show, not your boardmates. Nyah. ;-p

I don't think we always dismiss her humor.  Sometimes Carole's humor is smart. Witty, even. I'm having a hard time thinking of an example because most of the time I just think she sounds juvenile.  Oh! Her joke about 'blowies - "They don't call it a job for nothing" - although unoriginal was funny to me at the time and in the context in which she used it.

Fwiw, I didn't always have the mindset to dislike her.  Wasn't until she started acting stupid, or being stupid (Smoking is stupid - sorry mates who enjoy a smoke. So is eating a gummy in a bar in this day and age), pushing people on stairways and getting face grabby, or pretending to be a spy is when I started really disliking the princess.  For me, she just doesn't add up.

• Love 6
(edited)

Nobody gave a shit who the Kennedy kid dated until he dated Taylor Swift, and no one gives a shit who he has dated since. Taylor Swift was the celebrity in that situation, not the other way around.

And I believe the Schwarzeneger kid is a Shriver.

I believe Carole and her Kennedy connection is s ship that has long since sailed. It's about as relevant to the under 30 crowd as Jordache jeans.

I won't argue the Carole/Kennedy connection thing again,  but I'll quibble about no one giving a rip about who the Kennedys are.  Miley who dated Patrick, who is a Shriver =  countless aritlces on "What do the Kennedys think of Miley".  For example:  

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/miley-cyrus-dating-patrick-schwarzenegger-what-rory-kennedy-thinks-20141712

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2845493/Cheryl-Hines-says-Miley-Cyrus-welcomed-Kennedy-family-s-dating-Patrick-Schwarzenegger-reveals-life-spicier-married-woman.html

Yes these are tabloids, but tabloids reflect pop culture.  And the focus was on him being in the Kennedy family.  I know you want to minimize the Kennedy's influence, but they are still considered "American Royalty" so don't kid yourself that people aren't still impressed by any connection.  

On Taylor Swift, you keep missing the point of our arguments.  No one argued WHO was more influential and well known.  Of COURSE it was TAylor Swift.  What I and others have said is that it's hard to imagine her dating a KID IN HIGH SCHOOL if he weren't a KENNEDY.    

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3
(edited)

Wow, Lu really has a problem with Carole dating Adam, huh? What I want to know is, is this dude full-time staff? Or just someone she hired for that particular party? If Adam is a guy who works for Lu a lot, I can understand her being upset. What if they have a bad breakup? And then it's all awkward because Carole comes over and he's working? What if Carole divulges personal stuff about Lu to him? What if Carole brings him along to an even they're all attending? It might be awkward if he ends up drunk in front of his boss.What if the relationship interferes to the point that he quits? I mean, I can see a lot of ways it could go wrong. 

And I agree with the poster who said Carole was hesitant to tell Lu for a reason. Not being upfront about it from the start just clouds you distrust. I think there will probably be more to this as the season unfolds, so I'm going to withhold total judgment for now. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think Carole used poor judgment here, not for clubbing and dating a younger guy, but for being kind of shady and a crappy friend.

I'm not quite understanding why Lu is so upset.

That said, I could get worked up (and you know I could LOL) if Carole knew that the break up was very recent and that Nicole was still reeling.  Lu is close to her niece and in that situation I would be upset if I were Lu.  Especially if she had confided in Carole about the break up and her niece's feelings prior to Carol jumping the staff.  (I'm not saying this is the way it went down, just how I would find it crappy for Carole to jump in so quickly and shadily.)

One thing I found a little odd in Lu's blog.  She says Adam is Nic's recent ex.  And he's Noel's friend.  But keeps calling him her 'staff'.  If I had a family friend who frequently did catering for me if I'd not refer to him as staff.  I dunno.  Sounds so...cold or elitist or something.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3

I never purported she was a blazing success before the show so not sure where your challenge for me to name one thing came from.  

I think she had some sort of deal with Pepperidge Farm for that Bethenny Bakes crap that she couldn't give away and was trying to get Skinny Girl off the ground.  Since I never claimed she was successful before the show I don't feel obligated to Google her life history to support a claim I didn't make, LOL.  

I posted about her charity work because I remembered I had read about her supporting Dress for Success and her ad campaign for PETA that was filmed for the show.

I have no interest in googling to see if she's on the board of directors of anything, but presumably you have and the answer is no.

I'll have to remember to put on my best behavior when the subject of Heather is raised, apparently.  

Sorry Persnickety1, I have to remember to not post when I have a migraine! LOL The question about Bethenny's business's was a general one to everyone, not just you but my question about her being n the board of any charity was an honest question to you. I have no clue if she is or isn't and that is why I asked, because I though you might know.

• Love 1

I'm not quite understanding why Lu is so upset.

That said, I could get worked up (and you know I could LOL) if Carole knew that the break up was very recent and that Nicole was still reeling.  Lu is close to her niece and in that situation I would be upset if I were Lu.  Especially if she had confided in Carole about the break up and her niece's feelings prior to Carol jumping the staff.  (I'm not saying this is the way it went down, just how I would find it crappy for Carole to jump in so quickly and shadily.)

One thing I found a little odd in Lu's blog.  She says Adam is Nic's recent ex.  And he's Noel's friend.  But keeps calling him her 'staff'.  I think if I had a family friend who frequently did catering for me if I'd often refer to him as staff.  I dunno.  Sounds so...cold or elitist or something.

I question why she still keeps him as "staff" if he hurt her niece that badly and why was she was ok with her niece dating a "staff" member to begin with if she thinks it is so taboo for Carole, a non family member, to do so! LOL

• Love 2

You know that John is going to get the worst edit possible because he just the kind of guy that Satan Andy hates. 

They can't edit what's not given. As it is with the HWs, if John displays behavior that brings him criticism, then that's on him.

I believe Carole and her Kennedy connection is s ship that has long since sailed.

Not to mention, when was the last time (on the show) that Carole talked about that connection? It seems like others bring it up far more than she does.

I hope he's doing well, poor little guy had so many health problems.

Heather said on WWHL that he's a trooper, and has built up the strength to undergo another surgery.

LuAnn accusing Carole of being fake and trying to "hide an inappropriate fling" is motherfucking rich. Someone needs to remind the countless of her booty time in St. Barth's, because it seems she's blacked it out.

• Love 5
(edited)

I won't argue the Carole/Kennedy connection thing again, but I'll quibble about no one giving a rip about who the Kennedys are. Miley who dated Patrick, who is a Shriver = countless aritlces on "What do the Kennedys think of Miley". For example:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/miley-cyrus-dating-patrick-schwarzenegger-what-rory-kennedy-thinks-20141712

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2845493/Cheryl-Hines-says-Miley-Cyrus-welcomed-Kennedy-family-s-dating-Patrick-Schwarzenegger-reveals-life-spicier-married-woman.html

Yes these are tabloids, but tabloids reflect pop culture. And the focus was on him being in the Kennedy family. I know you want to minimize the Kennedy's influence, but they are still considered "American Royalty" so don't kid yourself that people aren't still impressed by any connection.

On Taylor Swift, you keep missing the point of our arguments. No one argued WHO was more influential and well known. Of COURSE it was TAylor Swift. What I and others have said is that it's hard to imagine her dating a KID IN HIGH SCHOOL if he weren't a KENNEDY.

As I stated, the Kennedy family is still a wealthy, powerful, influential and name recognizable family. 100% (tm Kim Richards). My point was and is just that the Kennedy "mystique" or now "royalty" Is not what it used to be, and those kids got press for dating famous singers/actors. It's not like John John who made an unknown woman famous by dating her. Things have changed. Now it's keeping up with the Kardashians, not the Kennedy's.

Does Taylor Swift need a Kennedy "connection"? She probably just thought he was hot.

Now. Hopefully you have made your point clear and I I have made my point clear and we can move on. Or agree to disagree or whatever.

Edited by shoegal

As I stated, the Kennedy family is still a wealthy, powerful, influential and name recognizable family. 100% (tm Kim Richards). My point was and is just that the Kennedy "mystique" or now "royalty" Is not what it used to be, and those kids got press for dating famous singers/actors. It's not like John John who made an unknown woman famous by dating her. Things have changed. Now it's keeping up with the Kardashians, not the Kennedy's.

Now. Hopefully you have made your point clear and I I have made my point clear and we can move on. Or agree to disagree or whatever.

I've apologized multiple times for stating my opinion and the way it came across, which was ignored.  But yes, I'm ready to move on from this silly topic.

I've apologized multiple times for stating my opinion and the way it came across, which was ignored. But yes, I'm ready to move on from this silly topic.

I am sorry if you feel that I ignored your apology, I didn't realize there was a need for an apology. As far as I'm concerned, you don't need to apologize for having a different opinion. It's cool.

• Love 2

I am sorry if you feel that I ignored your apology, I didn't realize there was a need for an apology. As far as I'm concerned, you don't need to apologize for having a different opinion. It's cool.

Aw, thanks.  I think I'm hormonal...being a whiney baby.  Anywho, yes, we're good!   Let's all kumbaya and enjoy snarking on our favorite housewives!

• Love 3
I adore Dorinda's daughter Hannah. She’s got a great sense of humor, is incredibly smart and really knows how to work a room

What the what?  Has anybody here expressed actually liking her?  Um, no.  That's cuz all we've seen is a spoiled, self-absorbed, extremely snotty, lazy young woman.  Where is the girl you are describing, Lu?  Oy, phony baloney Lu is back in town.  Are we gonna need hip boots around you, Lu, to get thru all the bullshit you're flinging at us?

What doesn't look good to me -- or more like, isn't translating well on the show -- is Carole's sense of humor this season.  She's trying to be goofy & cutesy, and maybe that's who she is & what she always does.  But I'm not digging it.  Hey, maybe it's just me, but I don't like watching a woman we know is smart act like a giggling idiot.  That she's an older woman & doing this shit for a cheap laugh seems worse to me.

I don't have any predisposition to dislike Carole.  But I don't care for her behavior this season.  Talking in a bewildered way to her editor about deadlines -- which was basically blowing off important responsibilities?  Hilarious?  Not to me.  Being slipped a drug which could have rendered her unconscious & puking on random men in various bars/clubs?  A laugh riot?  Apparently, to both Heather & Carole, but again, not to me.  

Honestly, to me, Carole seems very lost & aimless.  She claims Adam is "easy" to be with.  And that I believe.  He's 29, and he probably doesn't want much from a relationship & makes no demands & that seems to be what she wants.  Now, I'm NOT making any judgement on these choices she's making.  I'm merely observing, cuz these choices speak volumes about who she is.  My hunch about Carole has always been, and still is, that she's actually quite sad, despite her smuggy sense of humor I have grown to dislike this season & despite her claims of looking for a relationship, she seems terrified to be in one -- a real one.  We'll see if something is different with Adam.  Me doubts it.

• Love 5

Seriously if my 30 year old son moved in and bought a puppy with a 50 year old woman (I don't care how "hipster" she is), I would lose it. Dating and messing around, fine, have at it. But serious commitment? No way!! Ugh, she is so in love with herself and thinks she is the sex goddess of all time. She's attractive enough but she is only 1/2 as hot and amazing as she thinks she is. JUST MY OPINION before people jump down my throat.

Dorinda was a total bitch to John. Yes, her daughter should come first in her heart but the way she treated that guy was repugnant. Dorinda, your daughter is a lazy, entitled and spoiled brat that you created. To let her dictate your life is utterly insane. John should have dumped her and never looked back. Perhaps that's why he's in the back room at Beautique (?) lookin' for ladies.

And PLEASE Hannah, stop mugging for the cameras. If she can't act "real" and stop being cutesy after these first few scenes, I don't want to watch her anymore.

Sonja always seems like these guy's grandmother to me. There is something matronly about Sonja and it skeeves me out when she is grinding on 23 year old boys.

I didn't even understand what hell was going on at first. I thought he was being a smart-ass and joking. The way he kept saying so if I'm in the room and she is not, I come first. Yeah kind of dumb, I'm sure they have had the conversation before.

I just thought Dorinda was so ott and nasty. That I was like what are they talking about? Did I miss something?

In Carole and Adam's case, I don't think he cares about the connection at all.  It's kind of negligible at this point anyway,  imo. 

Does Taylor Swift need a Kennedy "connection"? She probably just thought he was hot.

Taylor doesn't 'need' a Kennedy connection but I think she wanted it, bad.  For a while, she appeared to be trying to recreate Camelot.  Dressing all Jackie-O-ish. Google image Taylor Swift and Jackie O.  It's hilarious.  She even bought a house right across the road from the Kennedy compound - nothing like trying to recreate the lifestyle.

The Kennedys have to know the mystique is waning and probably would've loved to have Taylor as a member of the family to bring a little luster back.  I think if that boy had been older than 17, the idea would have been embraced by many.

article-2187795-148AEE1C000005DC-253_634

• Love 3

How did dating Adam mean Carole was going after LuAnn's family? She really sounds like a jealous jilted lover going after the new girlfriend!

I think we saw Heathers apartment 1 time on the show but I don't remember her hosting any party there though. I am sure with Jax's health problems, having a large crew of people there would not be a good idea. JMO

I asked in Lu's thread what was the real scoop behind this fued because I couldn't believe the fact that Carole was dating Adam is what caused Lu's meltdown.

I understand it might be hard for her niece to watch carole and her ex on the show. I can see a handsome young guy meeting a woman he is interested in at a party he is working. This time it was Lu's party and Lu's friend.

I enjoy Luann and have never really liked Carole but I think it is a little over the top on Lu's part.

• Love 3

Of course they can only use what they give you. But I bet that there were times when he was kind and thoughtful and considerate. They will never show that.  Satan Andy doesn't care for his type and they will slant every scene to belittle and trash him. There will be nothing good about John this season.

I know some people who know him from bouncing around the city and they say that he is a kind and generous man albeit a name dropper and fame whore. It is quite possible that his relationship with Dorito is just for the cameras. Or it was real but on its last legs and they "extended" it for filming. But to be together for two years and not meeting the daughter or staying at her house just seems kind of lame. Not Carole level lame but lame just the same.

• Love 4

Either LuAnn is trying to secure her apple or she's mad that Carole got a jump on the hot chef. The vitriol she spews at Carole for dating her staff (so, in one breath LuAnn is all, "Don't mess with my family! RAWR!" while in the other breath she keeps relegating Adam to her staff and that being an line one cannot breach) is so cartoon villain at this point, honestly. 

• Love 7
(edited)

They will never show that.  Satan Andy doesn't care for his type and they will slant every scene to belittle and trash him. There will be nothing good about John this season.

The season just started airing, so I'm not sure how it can be determined at this point that John's scenes are going to be twisted in some nefarious way. Besides, it's not like the guy is being harshly bashed, or that Dorinda isn't getting her fair share of criticism for the part she's playing in their relationship. 

John obviously doesn't mind the cameras and what they capture (showing up to a filmed HW event without "his" HW), so if he happens to get some negative comments along the way, then boohoo.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 1
(edited)
Of course they can only use what they give you. But I bet that there were times when he was kind and thoughtful and considerate. They will never show that.  Satan Andy doesn't care for his type and they will slant every scene to belittle and trash him. There will be nothing good about John this season.

Not sure bout this.  Guess we'll see.  But I'm puzzled about Dorito's & John's relationship -- only from what is being shown to us.  We see her being quite nasty to him, even downright disrespectful, & she admits to it.  She says the snotty daughter has barely had any interaction with him, and Miss Eyebrows seems to dislike him merely cuz he isn't hot, which drives my dislike for her to an even higher level.  Could it be that John has committed THE highest sin when you are in Satan Andy's world -- to be a man & NOT be someone he thinks is hot?  Idk, I'm not sure I buy this.  Sure, Satan Andy likes to inhabit his shows with hot guys -- but solely with hot young guys?  Not really.

Right now, I'm seeing both Dorito & John treating each other like crap.  Not sure why he'd be sticking around her.  She treats him like shit & her daughter is a major PITA.  Hey, I think he should dump her just cuz of that annoying fuckin' daughter & those eye-blinding hideous brows.  And btw, this may seem hard to believe, but John is a catch, and I bet a lot of women would find him attractive.  Dorito, on the other hand?  Eh.  What's so great about her?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2