Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: The Art Of Being A Cougar

• Start Topic

These women are starting to make me feel sad. They are, what? Ranging in age from 40 to 58? And they are hanging all over these twenty-something's? It is no more attractive when the man is thirty years older than the woman. Sonja is already clingy and needy with the German guy.

Did Beth say, "Oh, my god. Oh, my god. I love you" to Fredrik's husband?

Ramona: Were you the 11/7 at Sonja's?

Dominic: The 11/7?

Ramona: Yeah, you arrive at 12 and you leave at 7.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 8

Interesting that Kristin was left off the guest list. It's probably that her presence would likely pull focus from the birthday girl. And because she's such a huge bore.

In all fairness, there has been little to no interaction between Kristin and Bethenny. I didn't see why Heather even noted that Kristin wasn't there. Well and then there is the whole I can't stand Kristin so I'm always ok with NOT seeing her.

• Love 8

In all fairness, there has been little to no interaction between Kristin and Bethenny. I didn't see why Heather even noted that Kristin wasn't there. Well and then there is the whole I can't stand Kristin so I'm always ok with NOT seeing her.

It's odd because the "event" was clearly about Bravo and not B's birthday, if we want to believe B has friends who don't work for her, are contractually obligated to interact with her, or just fame whores. Because when did Fredrik and husband become great friends of hers?
  • Love 6

It's odd because the "event" was clearly about Bravo and not B's birthday, if we want to believe B has friends who don't work for her, are contractually obligated to interact with her, or just fame whores. Because when did Fredrik and husband become great friends of hers?

Exactly. And that's why Bethenny not inviting Kristen and Dorinda felt exclusionary. I mean, she even invited Ramona! Who she had just told she didn't want to hang out with.

• Love 9

Beth is a pro at reality shows.  Yep, it was a Bravo event.  Not inviting Kristen and Dorinda would create some 'drama'.  Beth did her job.

I found seeing Fredrick showing Beth possible office space kind of funny.  And then seeing him at Beth's birthday party even funnier.  The only thing these two have in common is that they're both workaholics. 

• Love 4

Why is it, what with Carole presenting this image of being so uber cool and trendy and hip, that I find it difficult to believe she didn't realize a "gummy bear" was a club drug?  

Not to be ageist because lawdy I'm not that far behind Carole in age, but damn...How could she make it this far in life and not realize what she was taking?

Just admit it, Carole...you were out partying and wanted to get your freak on.  Too many women are legitimately surreptitiously drugged (and frequently assaulted) at clubs without you having to dumb yourself down and pretend you didn't know what you were willingly ingesting.

And, if you are that dumb, you really shouldn't be going to clubs unsupervised, or with Adam as your date, or maybe take a closer look at a "friend" who would slip you a mind-altering substance without a heads up as to what it would do to you.

Ugh, these women...

But then again, I'm temporarily out of coffee and maybe my caffeine withdrawal is making me even more jaded and snarky about these heifers than usual.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 17
Carole discusses her dating life with Heather in the wake of a wild night. Then, Carole woos LuAnn's young chef; Bethenny hosts her own birthday dinner, featuring Sonja and LuAnn and their much younger dates; and Bethenny and Heather clash at dinner.

Because when did Fredrik and husband become great friends of hers?

"Bravolebrities" know each other from Bravo events.  Frederick is one of the realtors on Million Dollar Listing New York.  I think all of them on both of these shows probably see each other out and about socially in NYC/The Hamptons (with and without Bravo involvement).

His personality and work ethic is very similar to Bethenny's.  Last season or the season before it showed he and his father having a "come to Jesus" talk and we saw that they had/have a lot issues with Frederik feeling abandoned/emotionally neglected by his dad his whole life.  It was quite sad.  

• Love 2

The story about the dress flying out the taxi window...

Because it's so unbelievable, I can't decide if Ramona is so BSC that she thought anyone would believe that OR if she never said it at all and Bethenny is taking hyperbole to her usual extreme. 

I can totally believe Moaner swiped the dress, but how does a dress with that kind of bulk fly out a window?

That dress flew out the window and then flew back in, like a boomerang!

Ramona's a liar. Spin doctor. Bullshitter. Thief.

• Love 11

I think Kristen wasn't invited because her O face would suck all the oxygen out of the room.

Carole's date hails a pedicab instead of calling an uber?  Was the barf story supposed to be cute and endearing?  C's jacked up teeth are so distracting.

Bethenny's whiny TH in the preview totally sums up my thoughts about Kelly's appearance in next week's episode:

"Kelly Bensimon?  Ugh, really?  That is so two-thousand-and-who-cares."  

B, the queen of prewritten stale one-liners.

I can easily believe B doesn't have friends who are paid to be with her.  I know I'd have to be.

• Love 10

Beth and Kristen greeted each other as if they one another. She asked Kristen how Josh was as if she knows them or is acquitted with them. Whereas she was just introduced to Carole who got an invit

Like her or not, Kristen is a non offensive person. So much so that she is basically wall paper this season. If you dislike her and are happy with her being a mere prop, thank Beth for making her relevant by trying to keep her off camera. Heh.

• Love 2

It seems like the OC season 10 is doing 5 main housewives and three friends of. Perhaps new York should have done that as well.. especially if Kristen's airtime remains low to non essential.

The only thing I can think of that dorona wasn't invited to B's party was that she was too.new and filming more on her own or with Ramona. Hence all the individual scenes we've seen dorinda in vs the other women. Has heather had an.individual scene yet or is she the only one shown just with the girls and not on her own yet.?

Hey, am I alone here or is Moaner looking pretty fuckin' great?  The woman is almost 60 years old!

Carole sounded like an absolute moron in that scene with Heather, where she's describing taking -- or being fed(?), yeah, right, Carole -- a "gummy bear".  I don't even know what that is, but I assume it's a hard-core drug used by kids on the party-circuit?  This is coming from a woman in her fifties?  Er, huh???  Carole, have you lost all sense of dignity?  She looks like she's going out with her son.

Man, Sonja, with all those young hustler boys at B's birthday party was really pretty gross.  They'll leave her high & dry once they find out she's living in a crumbling dump with no hot water & has no dough.  They're just probably looking to get camera time or trying to work Satan Andy for a gig or a Gucci wallet or cash.

OK, so why the heck should B invite Kristen to her birthday party when she might have met her once & she clearly made no impression on her?  Look, Kristen has made absolutely no impression on us so far this season.  I give it to B, that she's trying to keep it organic, as far as her participation in the show goes.

I really can't stand Dorinda's snotty daughter.  And just what does she do with her time?  Nothing?  Find time to shave down those brows, hun.  She's an attractive girl, but those brows are skeery.

It looks like Moaner is def NOT working any kind of job.  She seems to be lost & wandering around with her dog.

• Love 17

Dorinda's boyfriend looks like a poor man's Joe Giudice... er... a rich man's Joe Giudice?

I never thought I would say this as a woman, but when I see these cougar gatherings, I'm getting the same skeevy creeped out THAT'S A GOLDDIGGER RIGHT THERE vibes that I get when I spot 18 year old girls with their grandfatherly sugar daddies in real life.  I want to feel empowered (since I intend to be a cougar if I'm single in 30 years), but I don't. 

Edited by JoJoPowerRanger
  • Love 19

"Sensitivityship"?

ETA: I'm so old that finding myself in a club where people are still doing that stupid gummi bear crap would make me just want to head to the nearest coffee bar.

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 11

I still use an iPhone 4S. And no, it's not from 1937.

Dorinda's bf is a tubby douche. And Dorinda's daughter is a bushy-browed douche. What does she do, exactly? Is she a student? Working?

I feel like Heather is trying to start trouble where there isn't any. And I still remember Heather not inviting Ramona to London on purpose. Bethenny's delivery was super harsh, but at least the ridiculous non-invite stupidity got shut down. Kristin's cook had exactly the right attitude. Who cares?!

• Love 15

I think Heather should have told Bethenny privately that Kristen was hurt as per EVERY show in the franchise, it never goes well when these things are brought up in mixed company.  But then again, maybe that's the point. 

Also, on NYC they do a lot more not inviting everyone on the show than on BH for example. 

• Love 4

Carole can't verbally spar, so to get airtime she brings out the urn. I bet if she'd know ahead of time that all 8 women were getting apples.. including wall paper Kristen I'm sure she would have kept that urn tucked away.

Also, Heather needs to grin at B.. it freaked Ramona out in season 5 it would probably work for Bethanny as well.. considering how easily frazzled Bethanny is. Happiness also frightens those that are miserable.. like Bethanny

• Love 12

I can't stand Bethenny and can't imagine having to be married and cohabitating with her, but it was her birthday dinner.  If what we saw and heard was to be believed, it sounds like Heather and Carole wouldn't have been invited either if Bethenny hadn't hung out with Carole the night before.  She only really invited Luann, Ramona and Sonja.  If it were my birthday dinner, I wouldn't want strangers and randoms there either. 

That said, Bethenny needs to remove the California redwood-sized stick from her ass.  The way that she speaks to people is unreal. 

• Love 17

Sonja's date is pretty good at modeling: https://instagram.com/dpersy/

Well first of all, Heather starts off trying too hard by calling Bethenny Beth, and then she proceeds to try too hard by bringing herself into a faux-housewife fight and it backfires and she ends up in a real one.  I actually liked the way Bethenny shut her down and then ended up insulting her by just being honest when Heather asked if she was a plus one.  Not everyone gets invited everywhere, this isn't a preschool class where 30 kids end up getting invited to a birthday.  I kinda liked Bethenny's "Go fuck yourself" response, but then again I don't really like Kristen because I think she is boring and her official website describes her "style" as Carrie Bradshow meets Jackie O.  Go fuck yourself for that too Kristen!

I think Carole looks great this season, sexy even, and she looks cute with her boyfriend.  I loved how he was trying to be cool with the ping pong but dropped it and the music subtly dropped out, haha, editors can be so cruel even to just periphery characters. 

• Love 11

Wow, if anyone has forgotten how downright nasty Bethenny is, she sure freakin' reminds us, eh?  She was being ridiculously nasty to Heather.  Even Carole acknowledged how rude she was to Heather.

What really floored me was how completely & totally insensitive Bethenny's remark was to Dorinda (and she realized to Carole as well) that referring to her deceased husband as her "late husband" made her sound old & they needed to rephrase this.

Anyone see the "Sonja gown" she wore on WWHL?  Ugh, how awful.  Looks like something that was thrown away by an early reject from a Project Runway season from 10 years ago.  Hideous & amateurish.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 13

I thought that Bethenny behaved like a tone-deaf raging bitch. Both in her conversation with Heather and the way she rammed the conversation about Carole and Dorinda's late husbands down their throats. If you can pay someone to haul your panties around NYC, you can pay someone to teach you manners.

And I'm completely over Bethenny's scripted TH's. They're supposed to be off-the-cuff remarks, not a rehearsed comedy routine. i.e. "Truth is stranger than fiction. What is this, Sisterhood of the Traveling Ashes?" and Heather's "Gangster Rapper Jewish Berkshires Name ..."

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 24

Anyone see the "Sonja gown" she wore on WWH? Ugh, how awful. Looks like something that was thrown away by an early reject from a Project Runway season from 10 years ago. Hideous & amateurish.

I kind of like Sonja's WWHL gown. The simple, clean lines and square neckline are giving me 90s Calvin Klein-- Sonja's favorite decade! The only thing I don't like is the high slit.

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 10

Dorinda's daughter is annoying as hell. I love my daughter too but there's no way I would let my adult daughter dictate who my boyfriend should be. If I was John I'd say see ya later to Dorinda, she treats him and talks to him like he's crap.

I'm all for older women dating younger men but I feel these young guys are only with Lu, Carole and Sonja to be on TV.

• Love 21

There are so many logical inconsistencies in Heather's argument. She consciously inserts her into a dispute that's entirely one-sided - and not really an active disagreement, but more of a miscommunication that may have otherwise passed unremarked upon - and is then butthurt and horrified when Bethenny doesn't respond well? Don't start no shit, won't be no shit, and there's really no reasonable circumstance in which appointing yourself as the spokeswoman for someone else's grievances isn't going to elicit pushback. Additionally, if a viewer approaches the argument from a context in which the fourth wall remains intact, then Bethenny can invite whomever she wants to her own birthday. If Bethenny invited Heather at Carole's suggestion/as an organic extension of socializing with Carole, then why isn't Heather scolding Radzi for not taking more initiative to include Kristen? Apparently someone did exclude Mrs. Taekman, and it wasn't Bethenny. Dorinda's umbrage makes even less sense since they interacted for literally - what? Less than ten minutes? And if one regards the conflict in terms of professional courtesy with respect to screen time opportunities, then Heather should remember that she specifically and intentionally excluded Ramona from an entire cast trip. Even if it was due to Ramona's behavior, why it it only Heather's prerogative to select the cast mates with whom she wants to participate in a semi-personal event? . . . I haven't been following the real time state of the cast's relationships, but I was slightly surprised to see how aggressively LuAnn was dogging Carole and Heather on Twitter tonight.

• Love 18

What really floored me was how completely & totally insensitive Bethenny's remark was to Dorinda (and she realized to Carole as well) that referring to her deceased husband as her "late husband" made her sound old & they needed to rephrase this.

Right?????  It was something that Ramona would have said since she is so prone to those types of social faux pas. 

• Love 6

I moved into my current house one December and had a Winter Doldrums party two months later in February. It was open to the entire block by word of mouth, because I only knew a handful of people in the neighborhood. I think we counted close to seventy showing up. Went great. But if someone told me the next day I hurt some neighbor's feelings, I would have flipped this house in a minute! I'm not playing silly elementary games with people who are strangers to me. I'm with Bethenny on this one... bor-ring!

• Love 15

OK, so why the heck should B invite Kristen to her birthday party when she might have met her once & she clearly made no impression on her?  Look, Kristen has made absolutely no impression on us so far this season.  I give it to B, that she's trying to keep it organic, as far as her participation in the show goes.

I really can't stand Dorinda's snotty daughter.  And just what does she do with her time?  Nothing?  Find time to shave down those brows, hun.  She's an attractive girl, but those brows are skeery.

While I agree that a grown ass woman being miffed about not being invited to a party is the height of first world problems, it really wouldn't have been hard for Bethenny to say that Kristen wasn't snubbed, she just doesn't know her.  However, she's sorry that Kristen felt slighted. That's it! It wasn't necessary, or that serious, for things to escalate that quickly.

I don't care for Dorinda's kid, either.  She's too mouthy for my liking.  But that's what happens when you act more like a friend than a parent.

• Love 13

I think Carole looks great this season, sexy even, and she looks cute with her boyfriend.  I loved how he was trying to be cool with the ping pong but dropped it and the music subtly dropped out, haha, editors can be so cruel even to just periphery characters.

I agree, she does look really good.  And she can date whoever she wants.  It's just that she's acting like such a dimwit with this young guy.  Is she dumbing herself down just to get a young guy?  Really icky to me, if that's what she's doing.  I don't know if she is, but I get that impression.  And I don't especially like watching this desperate cougar shit from Lu, Carole & Sonja.  If it were funny . . . well, then maybe.  Just seems pathetic & kinda sad to me.  And yeah, from Lu too.  But Lu's Twitter is worth a look-

https://twitter.com/countessluann

I kind of like Sonja's WWHL gown. The simple, clean lines and square neckline are giving me 90s Calvin Klein-- Sonja's favorite decade! The only thing I don't like is the high slit.

I agree that the idea of the dress is good, but it's def '90's chic  And that's not a bad thing.  We know it certainly was Sonja's fav decade.  She's stuck there permanently fashion-wise, eh?  Actually, the Sonja gown sorta reminds me of the wedding dress Carolyn wore when she married John-John Kennedy around 1996.  Um, is this Carole connection a co-inky-dink?  Anyhoo, Carolyn's wedding dress had a stunning cut & was made of exquisite material & it hung on her perfectly.  Sonja's dress was cut poorly & the material looked icky & cheap.  Looked to me like a quick home-job & a really bad one.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

Carole's story about going clubbing made her sound like an idiot, but I'm mostly just disappointed she didn't tell it to any of the housewives that would have known to make a Kelly joke about gummy bears.

Edited by laschifosavita
  • Love 11

Dorinda's daughter is annoying as hell. I love my daughter too but there's no way I would let my adult daughter dictate who my boyfriend should be. If I was John I'd say see ya later to Dorinda, she treats him and talks to him like he's crap.

There's also no way anyone will ever say to me, "Fuck you.  I'm your daughter (son, in my case), do XYX or else.", and still live in my house.  But Dorinda has reaped what she's sown.  Kid is that way for a reason.

Most of the time, Dorinda looks and sounds like she's drunk.

Speaking of drunk, it cracks me up to keep seeing the black and white replay of Sonja yelling in John's ear, "What are you doing here without Door-IN-dah."

• Love 14

Bethenny could have been more diplomatic . . . but why is the onus on her to finesse her response to Heather rather than on Heather to, you know, not appoint herself the arbiter of selective social customs among these women and instigate? Furthermore, I thought it was outrageous that Heather expressed such dismay at receiving a direct, honest answer to a direct question ("was I a plus one?") but feels that it's totally acceptable to tell a grown ass woman, "Next time, I suggest you do X/y/z."

• Love 20

I agree that the idea of the dress is good, but it's def '90's chic  And that's not a bad thing.  We know it certainly was Sonja's fav decade.  She's stuck there permanently fashion-wise, eh?  Actually, the Sonja gown sorta reminds me of the wedding dress Carolyn wore when she married John-John Kennedy around 1996.  Um, is this Carole connection a co-inky-dink?  Anyhoo, Carolyn's wedding dress had a stunning cut & was made of exquisite material & it hung on her perfectly.  Sonja's dress was cut poorly & the material looked icky & cheap.  Looked to me like a quick home-job & a really bad one.

It was funny to hear Sonja admit that the dress was just a sample. When WWHL viewers tried to order the dress on her website, they were unsuccessful.

• Love 5

While I agree that a grown ass woman being miffed about not being invited to a party is the height of first world problems, it really wouldn't have been hard for Bethenny to say that Kristen wasn't snubbed, she just doesn't know her.

Simple! Anyone with an emotional IQ over 50 could have pulled that off.

I keep noticing the way that Beth* stares daggers at Heather when they're talking. She seems angry (?) or like she has Robert Durst shark eyes. 

*Yes, I'm shortening it, Beth! How do you like them apples?

• Love 10

Spot on, Bethanny's been pulling a lot of Ramonas.  It's interesting, Ramona gets humbled by the disintegration of her marriage and she reins herself in and treads  lightly.  On the other hand, Bethanny's marriage/divorce hardships have made her soooo much more explosive. I feel like Bethanny wakes up and looks in the mirror every morning and shouts some daily affirmation along the lines of "I GIVE NO F*CKS!!!!"

So true!!  Ramona has so far kept her shit together and not offended anyone (sans the brunch email lie) but Bethenny is on overdrive. 

The bolded sentence is hysterical!!  SO true!!  Tweet that and it will trend!! 

It was funny to hear Sonja admit that the dress was just a sample. When WWHL viewers tried to order the dress on her website, they were unsuccessful.

Is she working with same people as Sister Wives and their Closet???   

• Love 4
Carole's story about going clubbing made her sound like an idiot,

Good grief -- Is she really going clubbing?  Really?  Honestly, I don't understand why she'd even wanna do this at her age.  Um, doesn't she feel out-of-place when she looks around and sees she's older than everyone else by 20 or 25 years?  It's kinda what I wonder about Paris Hilton, now that she's getting older & still clubbing.  Yeah, she's using the DJ'ing crap as an excuse to stay in the club scene & pick up young guys who are too stupid to notice her herpes sores.  But as most people her age are getting married & having children, she's now a good 10 to 15 years older than most of the people in that scene.  

Same thing with Carole.  I'm just not gettin' why she's doing this clubbing stuff.  Hey, I'm not saying she can't or she's too old.  But why would she want to?  The gummy bear story made me feel sad for her.  There's something off about a woman in her 50's, acting like she's 22.  I have no idea why Heather was laughing so hysterically at this story.

Glad Heather called B out for what she absolutely was to her in this ep -- a total insensitive bee-otch.  She was mean -- really, really, really mean.  OK, I get it, B.  You wanna make an impression.  But too much of this will get awfully tiresome, very quickly.  And the tide could turn against you, B.  Keep both Jillzy & Veevs in mind, hun.  You might wanna reign in this full-on insensitive bitchery just a wee bit -- or maybe even a helluva lot more than that.  I thought B was so intentionally nasty -- and in a way I don't remember seeing Moaner.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 13

I agree, she does look really good.  And she can date whoever she wants.  It's just that she's acting like such a dimwit with this young guy.  Is she dumbing herself down just to get a young guy?

I don't think she's dumbing herself down.  The more I hear her speak, I'm beginning to think she's just dumb. And in case you didn't know, according to Carole:  Guys like it when women vomit.  It makes them seem vulnerable.

Even Heather looked dumbfounded by the dum-dum during that story.  "Ohhhh, Radzi!!! Oh my GOD!!!" Hand clasped over mouth, huge smile.  You'd think Carole had just announced her engagement not that she just puked all over her boyfriend's shoes.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 17

I moved into my current house one December and had a Winter Doldrums party two months later in February. It was open to the entire block by word of mouth, because I only knew a handful of people in the neighborhood. I think we counted close to seventy showing up. Went great. But if someone told me the next day I hurt some neighbor's feelings, I would have flipped this house in a minute! I'm not playing silly elementary games with people who are strangers to me. I'm with Bethenny on this one... bor-ring!

I was waiting for Bethenny to start snoring, a la Vicki from RHOC, whenever she is bored with a conversation.....

• Love 7

Is anyone else getting tired of Heather's "Hey, Mama!!" to everyone, instead of just saying "Hi"??  It is not hip, it is not cool, it is just stupid, in my opinion....although, I guess it's better than "Yo, bitch" (which I sometimes think that what she really wants to say.)

Kristin can just have a seat with being offended at not being invited to Bethenny's party.  She met Bethenny for all of a NY minute in the Hamptons, and was a tagalong to Bethenny's house for brunch.  Although, seeing the cast of characters that showed up (all of those 20-something plus-ones and plus-twos who only wanted screen time to further their careers), maybe Kristen had a point.

• Love 11

Please tell me that was not skinny girl wine at Bethenny's birthday dinner. I saw the red wrapping at the top of the bottle and thought I saw the logo...oh no she didn't!

Re: Luann's Twitter feed (srsly who uses Twitter anymore?!) is mildly entertaining. Not so sure it's classy like a countess to call out others and be passive aggressive. Just saying!

I found dorinda, Kristen, Luann,, and Moaner to be quite boring this episode. I actually am not too fond of Dorinda. Something about her just rubs me the wrong way. I found heather to be stirring the pot which I hate...could be editing, but most likely not. Just be yourself girl!

Sonja and those poor boys....run and run fast. Kissing your one night stand at your friends birthday dinner in which you invited him...yuck!

• Love 3

Is anyone else getting tired of Heather's "Hey, Mama!!" to everyone?

It's ... odd, but I'm from South Florida, so I'm used to grocery store cashiers telling me, "Hola mami!" Being called "mommy" used to really freak me out. Anyway, people have their quirks!

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 3

In the coming attractions when Dorinda goes off on John at dinner about her daughter, it seemed like John was saying something aggressive about her daughter.  Instead it appears that Dorinda was the aggressor in the conversation and being overly sensitive and mouthy.  Not good.

I thought her daughter was early 20s but I think Dorinda said 20 this episode.  Those harsh black eyebrows have to go.

Normally I'd agree that Kristen shouldn't be offended about not getting an invite to B's party.  But since it was a filmed event and the other returning housewives were there, I could see why she'd feel left out.  For job security reasons, she'd want to be included in as much as possible.

B doing that sleeping shit was a rip off of Vicki G on RHoOC.  So original that B.

"Sensitivityship"?

I think it was Sensitivity Chip.

• Love 7