Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Confessions Of A Housewife

• Start Topic

Dramas surround Brandi. Here, Lisa Vanderpump refuses Brandi's apology for slapping her; Brandi receives disturbing news about her father; and gossip swirls that Brandi has talked about Kim needing an intervention.

Have I forgotten what day this is on? Tuesday, right? All my directories show Vanderpump Rules on all evening.

Never mind, it's Monday and I can't delete this. I really used to be quite smart...

Edited by Rhetorica
  • Love 12

Have I forgotten what day this is on? Tuesday, right? All my directories show Vanderpump Rules on all evening.

Never mind, it's Monday and I can't delete this. I really used to be quite smart...

You didn't forget. It is on Tuesday. My cable guide shows the Amsterdam Slap at 8pm followed by the new episode at 9pm.

It sounds like another Brandi centric episode. [Yawn]

Let's hope Bravo is doing this so she can earn extra bonus dollars because this is her last season on RHOBH.

• Love 11

No worries....this show will do that to you.

• Love 8

There's a preview clip of Brandi crying to Yolanda during a massages, so I suspect you're right - it's another episode of the Kim and Brandi show. I'll start with it, but may not stay with it.

Why the continued focus on these two is beyond me. 

• Love 6

Do I really want to watch another episode of Brandi trying to squeeze tears out of her shiny, bloated Botoxed face and hear her whine how "it's just not FAIR!"?  I predict 38 minutes of Brandi back-pedaling, offering non-apologies and telling all who will listen how she's just keepin' it real and everyone else has the problem. The other women are all hypocrites because they are all actresses & poor widdle Brandi is a single working mom who loves her life, her booze, her podcasts and oh yah, and her kids (in that order IMO). "Boo-hoo!  You guys are sooo mean to meeeee!  Just because I'm a toxic person with very little self awareness and I act out impulsively like a toddler, and I get sloppy drunk and talk smack about everyone behind their backs and lie about it and I throw out hurtful gossip after I wheedle my way into your lives aren't good enough reasons to hate meeee!"  Rinse, repeat season after season.  I'm over her. I wish: 1) Kim would wake up out of her addled haze and see Brandi for what she is & 2)  Bravo would see that many viewers are over Brandi as well.

I couldn't agree more! Looks like this episode is all about Brandi the victim. She is the aggressor & the perpetrator but in her delusion of Brandi's world, she's the one they all attack. She is her own worst enemy. These ladies, especially Lisa VP & Kyle have let things go and were willing to move on...Brandi is the one who continues to attack.

She just doesn't fit in with these ladies, except with her new BFF Kim. She is acting all gangster, when she's not screaming, or crying to Yolanda. She's a perpetual child and if I had to work with her I would lose my mind. What shocks me is that some people would believe that Kyle should leave the show instead of Brandi or Kim!! In what world? The person causing the problems on this show are not named Kyle, Lisa R, Lisa VP, or Eileen. Brandi hasn't belonged from day 1, but Andy/Bravo loved the fireworks she brought to the show for that very reason.

• Love 14

Boo Frickin' Hoo! Brandi could slit a wrist on camera and I would not care.

Pound another episode nail in your coffin Bravo, you are doing everything you can to make me not come back next season. I have no problem turning the channel. Did it with some of your other shows, I can do it with this one.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 12

Oh, and you forgot about how Brandi repeatedly refers to the women as all being in a post-menopausal state, while complaining about how they treat her.

• Love 16

There's a preview clip of Brandi crying to Yolanda during a massages, so I suspect you're right - it's another episode of the Kim and Brandi show. I'll start with it, but may not stay with it.

Why the continued focus on these two is beyond me. 

I think Bravo is at a loss as to what to do next.  Brandi is their prime source of footage and Kim a close second.  If they put a stick in the spokes of that wheel, what do they have?  

The reunion has to be coming up soon.  Please tell me this is true.   Someone.  Anyone.   I am in this season to the end, though I can not defend that decision.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

I think Bravo is at a loss as to what to do next.  Brandi is their prime source of footage and Kim a close second.  If they put a stick in the spokes of that wheel, what do they have?  

The reunion has to be coming up soon.  Please tell me this is true.   Someone.  Anyone.   I am in this season to the end, though I can not defend that decision.  

April 7th Reunion Part 1 at 8:00 pm because the little pointed heads at Bravo want to try and save the NY franchise by using BH as a lead in. 

• Love 7

The show has become stagnate. Same drama, same histrionics from the same people season and episode in season and episode out. Lather, rinse and repeat, and repeat, and repeat, and repeat.

I don't have short term memory loss. 

Geeze try something else, something new and see if it works. What Bravo is doing with the show now is becoming tedious and boring.

• Love 3

Oh, and you forgot about how Brandi repeatedly refers to the women as all being in a post-menopausal state, while complaining about how they treat her.

And every time Brandi does that, I immediately flash on tampon-gate; she is so profoundly clueless as to what is registering with viewers. She think she's mocking her fellow castmates for the "sin" of getting older, with endless references to the end of/post menopause -- because in Brandi's charming, anti-woman, 1950s world, the only value in a female is her youth, fertility and fuckability -- thank god she doesn't have girl children (those boys have it bad enough). And yet,  all she ever does with these tedious, sour little refs is remind everyone that she herself looks older than she 'should' (a sin by her standard, not mine) and has publicly displayed her tampon string the way most women show off a new spring coat. She is without any ability to see herself with a knowing or self aware eye.  

Edited by film noire
  • Love 24

I'm only watching tonight so I can keep up with the board.  lol   I'm so sick of these people and their stupid problems.  All of their closets, refrigerators, homes, landscaped yards, and clothes can't make up for the bullshit anymore. 

And every time Brandi does that, I immediately flash on tampon-gate; she is so profoundly clueless as to what is registering with viewers. She think she's mocking her fellow castmates for the "sin" of getting older, with endless references to the end of menopause -- because in Brandi's charming, anti-woman, 1950s world, the only value in a female is her youth, fertility and fuckability -- thank god she doesn't have girl children (those boys have it bad enough). And yet,  all she ever does with these tedious, sour little refs is remind everyone that she herself looks older than she 'should' (a sin by her standard, not mine) and has publicly displayed her tampon string the way most women show off a new spring coat. She is without any ability to see herself with a knowing or self aware eye.  

Does this mean I can scoff at Brandi and her rejuvenated-yet-still-aging vagina because I'm younger than her?  Oh, please, oh please, oh please?  ; )

If she says anything even remotely ageist at the reunion, I'm going to throw something at my television.  My poor TV always feels the brunt of my rage with these bitches. 

• Love 14

Does this mean I can scoff at Brandi and her rejuvenated-yet-still-aging vagina because I'm younger than her?  Oh, please, oh please, oh please?  ; )

Why, I think you're morally obligated to, SwordQueen -- you're just trying to show Brandi what it feels like to be on the other side of the ageism game :)

• Love 10

Why, I think you're morally obligated to, SwordQueen -- you're just trying to show Brandi what it feels like to be on the other side of the ageism game :)

LOL   I think, though, that I'd rather hate on Brandi for the things that she can control, like her bad plastic surgery, which ironically enough, makes her look older and less attractive, imo.  I don't dislike plastic surgery, but Brandi confuses me, because she looked younger before she had all crap done.  If youth were really so important to her, I'd think she'd try to retain her natural beauty for as long as possible and not drink excessively or get too much sun and generally take care of herself. 

She is looking like Adrienne more and more and Adrienne is in her 50's, correct? 

Instead of bashing Eileen, she should be asking her for beauty tips, like any women who was not a jealous hosebeast would, if they liked/admired something about another person.  

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 18

I think you're right - Bravo backed themselves into a corner with this, and now it has to play out.  At the expense of the other cast members. 

They made the same mistake with this show that they made with NJ.  NJ became the Teresa Show, and now they're floundering in her absence.  But at least Teresa had a fan base, so you could sort of understand it.   And while Brandi has one, how many people are tuning in because they're Kim Richards fans?

I will never understand why, with the addition of Rinna and Davidson, Bravo chose to go in that direction.  Both ladies already have built in fan bases - Davidson, especially, I would think would have people that would tune in just to see her.  Plus both ladies lead very interesting lives.  Add Lisa Vanderpump to that mix - with her fan base and her fabulous life, and Yolanda too.

Somewhere Brandi made the comment that if she left the show, she guessed people would end up watching Lisa V get a new dog.  I would, happily.  I would happily watch Davidson rehearse her soap, or "on the set scenes".  I would have happily watched Yolanda and her King in Italy.  I want to see fabulous parties, shopping...I want to see beautiful homes.  If Bravo gave me an episode where we did nothing but tour Lisa V's house for an hour, I'd be there!

I don't want to see one drunk enabling another and both of them feeding on each other and blaming everyone else for their messes. I seriously don't want to see people slapped, playfully or otherwise.

I only hope this is the final season for both Brandi and Kim.  We've had to see Kim's issues play out season after season and frankly she's dull as dishwater anyway. And Brandi has done herself in.

THIS! THIS! THIS!    BRAVO ARE YOU READING THIS? DO YOU GET IT?

• Love 20

mwell345, I'm yes-ing and seal-clapping to your post, the same way I did to becauseisaidso's post over in the previous episode thread. 

BRAVO has screwed themselves with this season.  They had a chance to bring this franchise back around from the mess they created in S4 but they didn't take it.  Andy needs to stop giving preferential treatment to his own "Dream Team" of assholes, whiners, users, criminals, and childhood or breakout "Stahs".  

This is why we can't have anything nice. 

• Love 21

mwell345, I'm yes-ing and seal-clapping to your post, the same way I did to becauseisaidso's post over in the previous episode thread. 

BRAVO has screwed themselves with this season.  They had a chance to bring this franchise back around from the mess they created in S4 but they didn't take it.  Andy needs to stop giving preferential treatment to his own "Dream Team" of assholes, whiners, users, criminals, and childhood or breakout "Stahs".  

This is why we can't have anything nice. 

Maybe Bravo needs to get rid of Andy. Every show it's the same crap just a different location sometimes different players. Either that or severely reign him in and give other producers and program directors a chance.

• Love 19

If she says anything even remotely ageist at the reunion, I'm going to throw something at my television.  My poor TV always feels the brunt of my rage with these bitches. 

Maybe we should all treat ourselves to one of these:  http://www.throwthings.com/item.asp?id=171

FB01.jpg

We actually used to have a foam-rubber boulder with a speaker hidden inside it, and when you threw it at something, it would make the sound of glass shattering.  It was very satisfying.  Although that was back in the day when TVs had heavy-duty glass screens.  I'm not sure I'd risk my expensive flat-screen for the pleasure of hurling even a foam brick at Brandi, but it's fun to think about.

• Love 9

Maybe Bravo needs to get rid of Andy. Every show it's the same crap just a different location sometimes different players. Either that or severely reign him in and give other producers and program directors a chance.

I agree.  The Real Housewives franchises have become the fast food of television --  quantity over quality, greasy, overly processed, and often leaves you with heartburn, stomach cramps and a feeling of regret, afterwards.

I will say though, that I won't hate on Andy for his LVP love, because that spawned VPR and I am forever grateful.  Lisa has been staying out of the fray so far this season so I'm eager to see how she responds to the slap, tonight.  I hope it's worth having to sit through another temper tantrum of Brandi's.

Mondrianyone, I am so getting on of those!  My TV thanks you!

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 6

The show has become stagnate. Same drama, same histrionics from the same people season and episode in season and episode out. Lather, rinse and repeat, and repeat, and repeat, and repeat.

I don't have short term memory loss. 

Geeze try something else, something new and see if it works. What Bravo is doing with the show now is becoming tedious and boring.

The irony is that this show is popular despite Brandi and Kim. The other women provide the Beverly Hills ambience enough that we continue to watch while ffing past the depressing Brandi/Kim stuff. Hey, bring on the soapy stars of Beverly Hills with their interestingly diverse but fairly (to extremely) successful husbands and we'll watch forever. 

• Love 4

For the record, Brandi and I are both 42. I started menopause this year (yes it sucks). Maybe she should STFU.

Thank you! when I dared to suggest on the previous site that virtually all the women on NY were menopausal, people shouted me down. It's not a one and done. It lasts for years and starts in your forties. All these women pushing fifty must be on some crazy hormone therapy to imagine pregnancies and periods.

Television shows have a shelf life that doesn't usually go past five years. They begin to repeat themselves and people drop out. It's happening with RH.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 6

The irony is that this show is popular despite Brandi and Kim. The other women provide the Beverly Hills ambience enough that we continue to watch while ffing past the depressing Brandi/Kim stuff. Hey, bring on the soapy stars of Beverly Hills with their interestingly diverse but fairly (to extremely) successful husbands and we'll watch forever.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the addition of Lisa R and Eileen, I don't know if I would still be watching after last season. I find Kyle, Lisa V and Yolanda interesting, but not enough to wade through the Brandi/Kim crap. I'm getting to that point again this season. True story: Last week I sat down to watch the episode but decided I didn't have the mental energy yet, so I watched a Love Boat rerun instead! I do watch the episodes eventually and will probably do so the rest of the season, but after that, I guess it depends on what kind of changes there will be for next season. I do read these boards asap on Tues nights though so I'm looking forward to the comments tonight!

• Love 12

Honestly, if it wasn't for the addition of Lisa R and Eileen, I don't know if I would still be watching after last season. I find Kyle, Lisa V and Yolanda interesting, but not enough to wade through the Brandi/Kim crap. I'm getting to that point again this season. True story: Last week I sat down to watch the episode but decided I didn't have the mental energy yet, so I watched a Love Boat rerun instead! I do watch the episodes eventually and will probably do so the rest of the season, but after that, I guess it depends on what kind of changes there will be for next season. I do read these boards asap on Tues nights though so I'm looking forward to the comments tonight!

I think we all start to burn out before the last 2-3 episodes air and by the time the reunion is over we are looking for a break from it all with that show. At least for me that is how it always plays out and when I start to notice others feeling/posting the same sentiment. The only she I have stopped watching was NJ last season until it got close to the sentencing date, otherwise I just read posts. LOL

• Love 3

I think we all start to burn out before the last 2-3 episodes air and by the time the reunion is over we are looking for a break from it all with that show. At least for me that is how it always plays out and when I start to notice others feeling/posting the same sentiment. The only she I have stopped watching was NJ last season until it got close to the sentencing date, otherwise I just read posts. LOL

Thats a good point. It could just be RH fatigue. Could that be a real thing, lol? This is the only one of the franchise that I watch.

• Love 1

This thread is being closely monitored. We ask two things: 

1. Be respectful of each other. Repeat my mantra: Snark the show, not each other. There is MUCH to snark. 
2. Post about THIS episode. 

2a. If most of your post is regarding this particular episode, we won't touch it. But if you want to rehash Brandi and Kyle's tiff for the millionth time, please put it in their threads. 

2b, If you find yourself posting the same types of responses to people, or responding to the same points, we will step in. 

Other than that, happy snarking, I mean watching. 

• Love 7

For the record, Brandi and I are both 42. I started menopause this year (yes it sucks). Maybe she should STFU.

Maybe in her twisted mind, she thinks that her "intense vaginal rejuvenation" will help her ward off menopause.  Boy is she in for a surprise.   I would consider her digs about the other women's age minimally appropriate is she was just dumb and 22.  But she's 42!!!   She's picking up "hot guys" in the Red Light District - you won't see them clamoring for her.   Ok, this is a bit off topic, and I'm sorry.  But who is newly divorced, claiming she had to live out of her SUV, had NO money, etc., and then goes and spends $12K on her vagina????   And she complains about no money for her boys.  Pffft.  

• Love 12

Maybe in her twisted mind, she thinks that her "intense vaginal rejuvenation" will help her ward off menopause.  Boy is she in for a surprise.   I would consider her digs about the other women's age minimally appropriate is she was just dumb and 22.  But she's 42!!!   She's picking up "hot guys" in the Red Light District - you won't see them clamoring for her.   Ok, this is a bit off topic, and I'm sorry.  But who is newly divorced, claiming she had to live out of her SUV, had NO money, etc., and then goes and spends $12K on her vagina????   And she complains about no money for her boys.  Pffft.  

Responding in Brandi's thread.

Brandi is just so gross. That boy is young enough to he her child. Hell, her older son is 12.

And Brandi, "speaking your mind" doesn't mean insulting people and they have to accept it. Your insults do not come from a place of good, and that's what makes you different.

Yolanda looked STUNNING at dinner. These ladies are bringing the fierce to Amsterdam! Also, how can Yolanda and Kim be the same age, but kim looks 10 years older? (I know why, but it still amazes me the damage to Kim's body.

And good riddance to Brandi's Lee Press On Nails.

Edited by qtpi75
  • Love 16

I guess i can surmise that the cock wasn't that great after all if Brandi was crying and feeling rejected the next day? I think it's pretty clear the guy is Max's friend and anything Brandi could get out of him in the form of family dirt.... well.... I am sure she tried. She said he was Max's friend, Lisa said it, in such a way that Lisa knows him pretty well.

Adrienne giving good advice....never thought I'd type that. Doesn't mean she always follows her own advice, but I think she was being sincere to Kim.

Lisa R, do not defend or try to explain Brandi to Kyle. You are setting yourself up to go over the cliff. That entire conversation was a fire-starter of epic proportions.

I love Kyle's Palm Springs house. To.Die.For. Kim, on the other hand....visibly jealous. Reminding her of the house "Kyle stole from me!" Then the fingers came out blazing. If Kim and Kathy wanted Kyle to buy them out, and she had the money to do so, why was Kim saying she stole it? Because Kim was broke and needed the money? Kyle didn't explain that very well in the context of the house she's in now until Kim starts with the "You're lying!!" screamfest.

All hail Rev. Lisa! What a lovely ceremony.

• Love 8

Lisa gets her restaurant commercial.

Brandi shows her spanx and is the MILF this episode.  I did agree with her about "Lipsa throws a glass and reaches for Kim's throat, and it's forgotten the next day."  By the way, I never heard Lipsa apologize to Brandi, or to Kim, about the glass throwing.  You'd think Bravo would air it if it happened.  I didn't like seeing her cry, and I get that Yo is really trying to help, but Brandi is right that none of the women want her around, and the standards are different for her.  What she seems to continually fail to recognize is that her "jokes" are NOT FUNNY and an apology is not a "get out of jail free card." 

Kim expressed herself surprisingly well to Adrienne, especially about Lipsa constantly talking about her and bringing up her sobriety every time Kim turns around.  She seemed sober, and together.  Again.

Kyle gets a gleam in her eye about Kim getting mad at Brandi while talking to Lipsa.  So, they go to the desert, and almost immediately her pointy finger is BACK in Kim's face, and her yelling and the cry screaming is back.  Again.  Some more.  Jeebus, Kim was actually trying to talk to Kyle in the Desert, but Kyle had her "get Brandi" and yell at Kim agenda, and nothing would sway her.  These two a toxic together.  I'm SO over the Richard sisters.  Can they just get off the show please?  Over it.  SOOOOOO over them.  Shut up Kyle.

• Love 9

I know it's mean but when Brandi wanted to make out with the little Dutch Boy at the table I said, "Congrats. You just got a bunch of STDs".

Brandi is the worst - good lawd she's even a terrible kisser! I was frightened little Dutch Boy's face was going to be eaten by Brandi shark. Yikes.

Kim expressed herself surprisingly well to Adrienne

You mean except for the lies ... err exaggerations? I believe even Brandi said Lisa R threw ice water while Kim claimed to be covered in wine. And then the whole covered in glass thing. Indeed. Give me a break. Not saying Lisa R was right smashing the glass but she smashed on the edge of the table and downward. I remain highly skeptical that glass was covering both Kim and Brandi.

I can't believe we are back to season 1 issues, with Big Kathy's house.

I'm slightly afraid to ask, but what is this all about? This is my first season watching this show.

Brandi crying at the spa thing? Shut up you idiot. I don't even know why Yolanda bothers with that mess. Because Yo is wrong, Brandi does not have a good heart. Not at all. If I hear her whining one more time about how the other women are mothering or lecturing her I will lose it. Trying to have a normal conversation with someone is not lecturing.

I hope Brandi's dad is okay, but that revelation will not make me feel sorry for her. I just want her and Kim to disappear already.

• Love 16

Seconding or thirding the love for the Palm Springs house. Damn! That's gorgeous. And is it evil that I really wanted Kyle and Kim to hash out every frigging detail on the prior house "stealing?" That has never made any sense to me and I feel like we were thiiiiiiis close.

Brandi. Jeebus. First, I hope her dad is ok. But, how can she really not see a difference between why people are mad at her and forgive others. When she keeps doing the same crap over and over again. When her apologies are always qualified - even with the Lisa V slap she launches into, but we were just playing blahblah whatever.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 17

Brandi is the worst - good lawd she's even a terrible kisser! I was frightened little Dutch Boy's face was going to be eaten by Brandi shark. Yikes.

You mean except for the lies ... err exaggerations? I believe even Brandi said Lisa R threw ice water while Kim claimed to be covered in wine. And then the whole covered in glass thing. Indeed. Give me a break. Not saying Lisa R was right smashing the glass but she smashed on the edge of the table and downward. I remain highly skeptical that glass was covering both Kim and Brandi.

I'm slightly afraid to ask, but what is this all about? This is my first season watching this show.

Brandi crying at the spa thing? Shut up you idiot. I don't even know why Yolanda bothers with that mess. Because Yo is wrong, Brandi does not have a good heart. Not at all. If I hear her whining one more time about how the other women are mothering or lecturing her I will lose it. Trying to have a normal conversation with someone is not lecturing.

I hope Brandi's dad is okay, but that revelation will not make me feel sorry for her. I just want her and Kim to disappear already.

I don't understand Brandy she certainly has the means to leave at the drop of a hat and see about her Dad. I'm sure Eddie would have kept the kids. Why is she on my TV crying about how bad it is, but not rushing to be by his side?

• Love 20

At least we now know that Kim is still mad at Kyle about their mother's house.  Each of them have a different POV of how it went down.  We'll never know exactly how it played out so I have no opinion on who is right or who is wrong but I'll bet that each of them are twisting the truth in their favor.

There were two things I noticed during their argument about mommy's house.

1] Kim implied Kyle paid sister Kathy more than she paid Kim.  

2] Kyle said that Kim was in no position to share in a mortgage at that time.

I don't know if it's true or not but it sounds like Kim got the short end of that stick.

• Love 6