Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Confessions Of A Housewife

• Start Topic

I don't think Brandi was all that attractive before her plastic surgery/injections. I see much prettier women with better bodies around here daily. Her height and her attitude helped her get in the door with modeling but she was never a great beauty. This is all my opinion, of course. I do agree that she did look way better years ago when she was with Eddie and even when she first started out on the show.

• Love 7

I don't think Brandi has a great body for bikinis.  She never had what Gigi has.  But I think she had a really good body for modelling clothes.  ("Hanger with a head" per Kathy Griffin.  She looks so long and tall in some of her maxi dresses.

She looks so happy in that picture with Eddie.  It's the first time in a long time that i have felt a bit sad for her. 

• Love 6

Her height and her attitude helped her get in the door with modeling but she was never a great beauty.

I think she's very attractive but she'll never be a great beauty because of her attitude.  People who are that miserable and mean start getting soulless eyes (Kim) and hard little mouths (Kyle).   No matter how pretty they are, you can still see that underlying meanness which, imo, a truly great beauty just doesn't have.

• Love 3

I would not have recognized that woman with Eddie. I have never seen her smile like that. How sad.

Her face is frozen from all the shit she puts in it. It's physically impossible for her to smile like that anymore.

She can plaster old pics all over the Internet and forums and she'll still just be a blonde bimbo California girl.

• Love 1

From pages ago:

I guess that means there are a lot of chub-chubs in Holland.

There aren't many in Amsterdam!  I went with my daughter almost exactly a year ago so was interested to see where the ladies went and what they did.  One thing daughter and I both noticed and commented on was the fitness and slimness of the population.  I guess it has to do with riding bikes everywhere.  (And when Yolanda said bikes take preference she wasn't kidding!  Everywhere we went we were getting out of the way of bikes/having bikes come up behind us and chirp at us as I don't think they're allowed to use bells.)

I found a new respect for Yolanda this episode.  She actually dealt with Brandi calmly and maturely and sounded like a grown-up.  Not that it would help!  But at least she tried.

And, because it hasn't been said enough, Kim, when cornered goes all shouty and dramatic.  When Kyle pointed out that Kim's version of events was, shall we say, deeply flawed--it had to do with the sale of the house and how it wasn't yet in escrow or something--all Kim could do was yell 'you're a liar!!!' in a way that would have looked over-dramatic on One Life To Live's premier episode.  And then she changed the subject.  As far as I am concerned Kim and Brandi deserve one another and both can go and live in some pretty pink padded cell far away from my tv.

• Love 6
I don't think Brandi was all that attractive before her plastic surgery/injections. I see much prettier women with better bodies around here daily. Her height and her attitude helped her get in the door with modeling but she was never a great beauty. This is all my opinion, of course. I do agree that she did look way better years ago when she was with Eddie and even when she first started out on the show.

Yup. She was a model only because of her height and long, lean legs. I felt sorry for Brandi when she was having a hard time accepting Lisa's help with the magazine shoot, when Brandi was super sensitive & focused on her thumbs?!! She stated that she was told by industry insiders that she wasn't good looking enough. That's a tough industry!

Sadly, Brandis self esteem is all wrapped up in her looks and model past.

• Love 2

Her face is frozen from all the shit she puts in it. It's physically impossible for her to smile like that anymore.

She can plaster old pics all over the Internet and forums and she'll still just be a blonde bimbo California girl.

I have dark hair, but could you just call her a blonde bimbo girl. Born and raised in Northern California and so far from a bimbo, some of us Californians have morals and values.

• Love 3

Yup. She was a model only because of her height and long, lean legs. I felt sorry for Brandi when she was having a hard time accepting Lisa's help with the magazine shoot, when Brandi was super sensitive & focused on her thumbs?!! She stated that she was told by industry insiders that she wasn't good looking enough. That's a tough industry!

Sadly, Brandis self esteem is all wrapped up in her looks and model past.

Brandi said, season 2 I believe, that she was a body/clothing model, she did not do head shots. Her body was perfect for modeling clothes but her face was average.

• Love 1

I'm not a fan of heat, dry or not.  I spent a week with some wealthy acquaintances who had a vacation home there, and damn can Palm Springs people drink!  Or at least the ones I met from the endless parties they threw.  Drinking began with breakfast mimosas or bloody Mary's, continued by the pool, where someone would periodically shout "RAMMER!" which caused everyone to go to the freezer and down a tumbler full of gin.  Then there were the pre-dinner cocktails, the wine with dinner, usually at a restaurant, home for poker or card games with more booze, and of course the nightcaps, usually in the jacuzzi.  At first I thought it was just this family, and maybe it was, but we socialized a lot, and everywhere we did?  Same procedure.

That said, I had one of the best meals of my life in some expensive little star studded restaurant there.  I specifically will always remember the properly prepared Trifle dessert we shared after an amazing meal.  It looked much better than this one, and had the most amazing custard, and I think the various fruits or ladyfingers were soaked in different kinds of Brandy or something:

411full.jpg

Edited by Umbelina

I'm not a fan of heat, dry or not.  I spent a week with some wealthy acquaintances who had a vacation home there, and damn can Palm Springs people drink!  Or at least the ones I met from the endless parties they threw.  Drinking began with breakfast mimosas or bloody Mary's, continued by the pool, where someone would periodically shout "RAMMER!" which caused everyone to go to the freezer and down a tumbler full of gin.  Then there were the pre-dinner cocktails, the wine with dinner, usually at a restaurant, home for poker or card games with more booze, and of course the nightcaps, usually in the jacuzzi.  At first I thought it was just this family, and maybe it was, but we socialized a lot, and everywhere we did?  Same procedure.

That said, I had one of the best meals of my life in some expensive little star studded restaurant there.  I specifically will always remember the properly prepared Trifle dessert we shared after an amazing meal.  It looked much better than this one, and had the most amazing custard, and I think the various fruits or ladyfingers were soaked in different kinds of Brandy or something:

411full.jpg

Sounds amazing, the trifle and the drinking lol.

I've wanted trifle ever since, but it's a complete bear to prepare correctly, and I've never found another restaurant that really serves it.  The rest of the meal was great too, and expensive, glad I wasn't picking up that tab.  I thought I could drink and hold my liquor pretty well, but I couldn't keep up with any of them.

I think some people just love the heat, and I appreciate the descriptions above about being able to get away from light and noise and air pollution of LA.  That makes sense.  I've lived in such areas most of my life, so I didn't fully appreciate that particular attraction.