Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Confessions Of A Housewife

• Start Topic

From what was said last night between the poor kid and Brandi, nothing happened that first night. Nothing besides making out.

Thanks...I must have tuned out somehow - probably because it was Kim and Brandi speaking to each other!!  LOL

I've only paid half attention to the house thief storyline so could my friends' story have any pertinence to Kim's?

No, Kim hadn't worked in more than ten years by the time her mother got ill.  Kim more likely had no husband, no home and no where to go.  She was the logical choice to care for her mother.  It was noted in the first season that all of the families continued to use this as their vacation home after K/M had bought out their interests.

• Love 5

Thanks for all the explanations about Kyle and Kim's argument. I missed season 1 of this show, so I had no idea what they were talking about.

Still, I felt Kim couldn't be fully trusted. My experience with addicts and drug users is that they forget. An issue can be resolved, but they may not remember the resolution. This has been explained well upthread so I won't go on about it, but Kim strikes me as someone who remembers the negative stuff that is done to her, but never remembers apologies, resolutions or any of the bad stuff she has done.

That said, I have no problem believing Kyle and Mauricio did something. With Kim, it could have been a very minor thing that, as someone else pointed out, could have been decided on because Kim was drunk/high and not up for decision making. It's also possible she gave them permission, but resents it and feels they misled her. Always bad news to leave property to more than one family member.

I thought Kyle's new house was lovely, but I agree with the poster who said it looks like a pain in the ass. It was way too big. It's probably for entertaining. As a big time real estate guy, Mauricio must need impressive properties to show off or talk about while networking.

Brandi looked like a street walker in Amsterdam. I've never found her attractive, but I was shocked by how bad she looked on that date. Shudder.

• Love 2

I don't believe in shaming women who date younger men, but damn if it isn't a little creepy that Dutch is closer in age to Brandi's son than he is to her. Also, STFU about menopause, B. Your loves Yolanda and Kim are in that age bracket and you're getting close, and when it hits you, I hope you don't think you're less of a woman. ETA: I find it equally creepy when middle-aged men have one (or 2) nighters with much younger women.

Don't hate me, but I thought her Lady Elaine Fairchild (thanks, Lakewood27) cryface was a little endearing...and I do agree with her somewhat about the hypocrisy. When she wasn't around for dinner the women talked about Mexican donkey shows and how they've seen people sticking bananas up their ass. Sometimes I think Brandi's problem (one of many) is that there is this unwritten rule that we don't say cock, cum, anal, etc...but is it really less vulgar to talk about for-profit bestiality in impoverished countries? The women in those shows are likely underage and almost definitely victims of sex-trafficking, but Lisa V was the one joking so who cares.

Also, Brandi was spot on...if she threw the glass the rest of the season would be about the agonizing decision of whether or not to prosecute her on assault charges, hell, maybe lift the moratorium on the death penalty in CA, out of concern, ya know. Maybe then she'll have hit rock bottom and finally commit to recovery, thanks to their firm but gentle insistence.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 5

What happened to that white Bentley that was in her driveway last season??

It probably belongs to her dealer now.

The whole house thing is another deflection, Kim is really good at this, she's had years and years of practice. So instead of talking about anything Kim doesn't want to hear like Brandi is a backstabber, she brings up the house thing and again Kim wins the round.

IDK how long Brandi waited for the little Dutch boy to show up but it was far longer than I would have waited especially with cameras to record my desperation.

Yoda's stock took a nosedive with me as she helped Brandi shovel her shit. I am a mean and petty person who thoroughly enjoyed Brandi's crocodile tears from her frozen face. I would have had some sympathy if it were her Father she was wailing about instead of the unfairness of the ladies for not instantly forgiving her shitty words and shittier behavior. 

I liked most of Kyle's PS house, the doors opening to the pool area but it was really kind of McMansiony to me. Status but no personality.

Loved the wedding and missed Eileen.

• Love 6
Of course these were all her choices, and her dad should have looked after her better in his will, but still.  I've only paid half attention to the house thief storyline so could my friends' story have any pertinence to Kim's?

I can't really say what was going on there, but it doesn't seem like this was the situation with Kim. It seems like Kyle and Mauricio carried a lot of financial burdens the might have been shared with Kim and that Kim lived with her mother and her kids at a time when that was probably good for Kim too, rather than Kim giving up a life to care for her mother because nobody else could do it. Even Kim herself doesn't seem to think that the house should have been given to her by herself (if she did she might have said that to her mother) so much that she should have been able to have the house when she wanted it and have the money when she wanted it too.

Don't hate me, but I thought her Lady Elaine Fairchild cryface was a little endearing...

LOL! Quoting for that great analogy. Brandi is right, though, that these women get offended at stuff they themselves will then say ten minutes later.

• Love 3

I liked most of Kyle's PS house, the doors opening to the pool area but it was really kind of McMansiony to me. Status but no personality.

It looked great for a vacation spot.  I imagine a cleaning service comes through after rental/use.  So it being all tile etc makes that more efficient.  It's not where I would want to live but I would love it as a get away in the desert.  Plus being on a golf course helps with the rental potential.  So I like it but I like it for what it is.

• Love 4

It's pretty impressive that Kyle never really responded to Kim's assertions that she and Mauricio stole Kim's GD house. She said very little about it at the reunion or since, even though there was a lot of speculation on it. I can't imagine any other housewife letting that sit out there for four years when you have proof (actual cancelled checks) that its a lie. She didn't even bring it up last night (maybe it was bound to come up as they were at the new PS house, but still). That speaks more loudly than any words ever could!

Here is a story about Kyle explanation and the "Goddamn house" note Kim made the effort to get back in and co own the house five years later.  Right about the time she signed a Bravo contract.  http://stoopidhousewives.com/2011/10/22/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-kyle-richards-explains-the-you-stole-my-house-comment-by-sister-kim-richards/  This has a video complete with delusional and drunk Kim in the bow blouse.  A very young Mauricio and the cousins (co-listing agents Farrah and Brooke). 

I just feel a little like Kelly Bensimon and "feelings are so 1978" but I do believe Kim needs to stop talking about how hurt her feelings are maybe examine how her words and deeds impact others.  The dumbest argument one can make is one that is easily refuted by documents.  When Kyle was lamenting about Kim's secrets getting out -this is what you get.  And the problem for Kim is she is usually portrayed as an unreliable historian.  I can absolutely see anger Brandi and Kim lamenting as the season begins with the opening episode at Kyle/s house, Kyle's private jet vacation to Tahoe, Kyle's yacht vacation and most of all Kyle making 2-3 times the money these two make.  Because Kyle is neither a comedienne like Brandi and Kim fancy themselves or unabashed shit stirrer that these two have become, it makes zero sense to brandi or Kim that LvP and Kyle are paid so much more. 

• Love 10

Since Andy loves it when the HW's to bring "proof" to the reunions, I would love it if Kyle brought the 2 cancelled checks that were cashed by Kim & Kathy so that there's no question anymore as to Kyle "stealing" Kim's house.

• Love 10

I remember after Kim was claiming she had supported the family Kyle said that their father made a good living and that they were not dependent on what Kim made in the infamous limo scene

• Love 6

On a purely superficial note: What the hell with Kim's eyes, y'all? One eye is completely wonky. I don't know if it's just droopy or what, but whatever it is, those heavy false lashes she wears just exacerbates that effect and she needs to chill on those.

Honey, it's age. I fully expect the same thing to happen in my left eye over the next 10-12 years. She could get it corrected with an upper blepharoplasty surgery, which is what I plan to do. The hoods get heavy and weigh down on the eye and while it's doesn't happen to everyone, it happens with some. Unfortunately it doesn't always affect each eye the same, so one eye looks "wonky" or smaller and the other eye looks bigger.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 4

Loved Kyle's home! So open, I loved it.

Okay, I swear I heard Kyle say Both Kathy and Kim owned houses in PD. So, they were not interested in the mother's home. She and Mauricio bought them out. I don't know if it was in the flash back or what?

So where is that home? Does Kim still own a home in PD?

I understand Kyle wants to have a relationship with Kim, but Christ on a cracker! It would be exhausting.

Just take it for what it is Kyle. Wish Kim the best. See her at family gatherings and be nice and polite.

I know its different because they do this show. Still, I got such a headache listening to them rehash the same old bullshit. I put that on Kim, she had to do something to deflect.

I loved that someone posted that Kim was all good once kyle had been reduced to tears.

Then, she was ready go help in the kitchen. Comfort Kyle and look very satisfied.

Kim is such a manipulator.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 21

One big detail that gets missed. Didn't Brandi ask Lisa to mention these concerns to KYLE? Because she knew coming from her wouldn't be a good idea. How did that translate to Lisa R talking to Lisa V, then Eileen and THEN Eileen going over to Kyle to let it be know that something was going to be said to Kim? Brandi wasn't the one that coordinated that complete debacle and she wasn't the one who wouldn't let it go.

How do we know that Kim paid absolutely nothing? Just curious. The house issue barely had any real details to the point that some are still not sure about how it truly went down. Some information was shared but there's no way to know what Kim's history was with that house while her mother was still alive that's not even connected with the sale.

Yes, Brandi did ask LisaR to talk to Kyle and then she asked her to arrange a "group intervention" so that Kim would not feel singled out. IMO, she talked to the others first to gage their thoughts/opinions about the group intervention first.

Because Big Kathy paid for/bought Kim a house down the street from her PS house. Had Kim bought her mother a house or helped pay for her mothers house, there would have been no need for Big Kathy to buy Kim a house. Kim was by then, a single mother with a drug/alcohol problem and not working, so outside of child support and possible alimony, she had no steady income.

• Love 5

Since Andy loves it when the HW's to bring "proof" to the reunions, I would love it if Kyle brought the 2 cancelled checks that were cashed by Kim & Kathy so that there's no question anymore as to Kyle "stealing" Kim's house.

RECEIPTS!

• Love 13

From what was said last night between the poor kid and Brandi, nothing happened that first night. Nothing besides making out.

Again way too much information.  Brandi has an oral fixation. She thinks the world wants to kiss her. BLECHHHHH 

• Love 4

Because Big Kathy paid for/bought Kim a house down the street from her PS house. Had Kim bought her mother a house or helped pay for her mothers house, there would have been no need for Big Kathy to buy Kim a house. Kim was by then, a single mother with a drug/alcohol problem and not working, so outside of child support and possible alimony, she had no steady income.

Wirewrap, how do you know about Big Kathy buying a house for Kim in PS, was it in the book, HOH?

One more scenario: 

My friend moved in with her father to take care of him as he was sick.  She quit her job to care for him.  Her siblings were too busy.  This went on for eight years.  The dad died.  The house went up for sale.  The kids split the proceeds.  My friend spent eight prime years of her life taking care of her dad with little help from sibs.  In the end, she was left eight years behind in her career, never married nor had kids and without a home of her own.  I can see how that might feel like something was stolen from her.  Of course these were all her choices, and her dad should have looked after her better in his will, but still.  I've only paid half attention to the house thief storyline so could my friends' story have any pertinence to Kim's?

I see it this way too. Completely relevant position if in fact that's a part of what's driving her sentiment about the house. I have 3 siblings but when my mother fell ill although I didn't move back in with her I did make all of the arrangements for her care over the years and in the last 6 months when she was diagnosed with cancer I was the one that was involved and arranged all of her care. To this day, no matter what goes on between us one thing is for sure. They never take that for granted. Not saying its a get out of jail free card but at the same time it's a huge undertaking that merits appropriate acknowledgement and respect from those who weren't able to shoulder the ongoing responsibility that comes with caring for a terminally ill family member.

I guess no matter how Kim fails elsewhere there is always something to be said for someone who is there day in and day out caring for some who is dying. I know it was completely overwhelming for me and I couldn't even bring myself to commit to being there day in and day out. So I'll always have a certain amount of respect for Kim for that.

I actually get a bad taste in my mouth when the subject of that house comes up. The details of the official deal to me isn't what's really important. Whenever I try to wrap my head around Kyle and Mauricio ultimately ending up with that house even though Kim was the one who lived there caring for their terminally ill mother I just can't get it to sit right. I mean I get the practical details of it which make sense if was just about a basic business deal but obviously there was more to it than just basic purchase of a house. Just seems extra sketchy to me. 

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 7

The false eyelashes need to go, Lisa V's look the worst to me, at the very least get some that actually cover your entire lash line.

However on that note, Adrienne has beautiful eyes, if only the rest of her plastic face didn't fuck up her appearance she would be absolutely stunning!

• Love 2

...and I do agree with her somewhat about the hypocrisy. When she wasn't around for dinner the women talked about Mexican donkey shows and how they've seen people sticking bananas up their ass. Sometimes I think Brandi's problem (one of many) is that there is this unwritten rule that we don't say cock, cum, anal, etc...but is it really less vulgar to talk about for-profit bestiality in impoverished countries? The women in those shows are likely underage and almost definitely victims of sex-trafficking, but Lisa V was the one joking so who cares.

Exactly.  They might not refer to it as 'muff diving' or 'carpet munching' or as Brandi so charmingly put it, 'pussy eating' ... Gaaaahhh... LisaV, though, seemingly disgusted had to run right over to the other 'ladies' to tell them verbatim what Brandi said.  And then they all sat there in a fancy restaurant and talked about it loudly.  They just used a less offensive word for it: cunnilingus.  Which of course Yolanda said she'd never heard before.  Hmm.  Wonder what her name for it is.  Something as crass as Brandi's?  If she has a Dutch term, I wanna know.

• Love 3

Seeing the argument over the house made me nauseous, it's like looking in a crystal ball to the future with me and my (in recovery, thank God) sister. I have asked my mother repeatedly to just give her vacation house to my sister outright, but her theroy is that is just rewarding her for fucking up. After seeing them fighting again over this I'm just going to sign the house over to my sister and she can do whatever she wants. I need this season to be over, it hits too close to home and yet I can't look away.

• Love 15

Big Kathy bought the house in 1996.  It was 'sold' in 2004.  10 years later it was sold again for $30,000 more than the price in 2004.  No one grew up in this house.  No one made a fortune on this house.  There isn't some big history of memories.  For heaven's sake the family only owned the house for 8 years before K/M bought it.  This house was hit hard by the real estate bubble.  K/M bough high and sold low.  Kim acts like there were millions of dollars involved that she got screwed out of.  Total sale price at that time was $420,00.  She acts like she raised her kids there.  She lived there free of charge in exchange for caregiving with her mother for maybe tops 3 years.  She is an entitled little person.  She sees herself as this big Hollywood star when the truth is she hasn't worked since '89.  She was a flash in the pan and she still can't accept it.  Paris Hilton is 100 times more famous than Kim.  Kathy and Kyle are 100 times more wealthy than Kim.  She is a chemically addled idiot.  There's the history on the house.

Big Kathy moved into Kim's home the last 3-6 months of her life.

Caring for an ailing mother for 3 years isn't history or memories or anything to have deep rooted emotions about?

I also think how it was handled has relevance and of course we'll never know the tone, the intent, the disagreements and all the discussion that went down during the whole process of Kyle and Maurico buying the others out. There's not enough information for me to completely disregard the possibilities of what happened between the sisters during the sale. Not just because it's Kyle and Kim but real estate deals in general aren't just easy breezy transactions in the first place.

Kim cared for her mother during the last few months of her life, not a whole year, let alone 3 years.

I was wondering about that, too....and I wonder if Kim may have "lost" her drivers license again and hasn't/can't go to the DMV to replace it?  I don't think we've seen Kim driving at all this season.  We've seen all the other ladies in their cars and driving, but not Kim.

What happened to that white Bentley that was in her driveway last season??  

The producers went to limos shortly after they filmed Kim driving under the influence season 2 and made all the women use limos as a result. This is the first season since then to see them drive their own cars. IMO, Kim still gets a limo because she is still using. JMO

One more scenario: 

My friend moved in with her father to take care of him as he was sick.  She quit her job to care for him.  Her siblings were too busy.  This went on for eight years.  The dad died.  The house went up for sale.  The kids split the proceeds.  My friend spent eight prime years of her life taking care of her dad with little help from sibs.  In the end, she was left eight years behind in her career, never married nor had kids and without a home of her own.  I can see how that might feel like something was stolen from her.  Of course these were all her choices, and her dad should have looked after her better in his will, but still.  I've only paid half attention to the house thief storyline so could my friends' story have any pertinence to Kim's?

Kim was not working, Kyle had babies at home and Little Kathy was traveling the world. Their mother moved into Kim's home the last few months of her life.

• Love 8

Yes, Brandi did ask LisaR to talk to Kyle and then she asked her to arrange a "group intervention" so that Kim would not feel singled out. IMO, she talked to the others first to gage their thoughts/opinions about the group intervention first.

Could have sworn the idea of a group came up and then Brandi asked LisaR to talk to Kyle about it. But either way I took whatever was said as ideas to discuss with Kyle about and not just run with willy nilly. You know cause even Brandi understood that Kyle willing or not should be the first course of action if anyone were considering voicing any concerns about Kim's sobriety.

• Love 3

Wirewrap, how do you know about Big Kathy buying a house for Kim in PS, was it in the book, HOH?

I believe it was Zoeysmom that revealed that info and I believe her and her contacts regarding the sisters history.

• Love 4

Is English common in Holland? I noticed all the signs in that outdoor market were in English. It looked pretty touristy. Is that common in the tourist zones? Man I wished the USA valued languages more. IMHO all students in the US should also speak Spanish at least! I don't really and I hate that.

• Love 5

It's weird bc Adrienne is definitely looking cat lady-ish, but bc we've watched her on screen for 3 seasons I'm kind of used to it and she looks almost normal & prettyish to me compared to season 1 & 2. Same goes for LVP, actually especially LVP (although she never looked stretched & cat lady-ish, just off. Now I see her as normal.

Speaking of Adrienne, I wonder if her appearances this season and what she said on WWHL means she might return next year. I'd take any of the 3 former HWs (Adrienne, Camille & Taylor) back if it meant getting rid of Kim & Brandi. Although I think as long as Kyle is on they will keep Kim too. Although if Camille comes back, I don't want Fake Camille, I want Season One Camille mixed with a tiny bit of self awareness.

• Love 8

It's pretty impressive that Kyle never really responded to Kim's assertions that she and Mauricio stole Kim's GD house. She said very little about it at the reunion or since, even though there was a lot of speculation on it. I can't imagine any other housewife letting that sit out there for four years when you have proof (actual cancelled checks) that its a lie. She didn't even bring it up last night (maybe it was bound to come up as they were at the new PS house, but still). That speaks more loudly than any words ever could!

You are absolutely right, even in last night episode Kyle didn't start that conversation, Kim did

Kyle tried as tactfully as possible to make Kim see how she was in no position to hold a mortage, in reality Kyle couldn't say "Kim you were so mess up in drugs and you were spiraling out of control that there is absolutely no way that you could have kept the house, we were even kind enough to let your daughter Brooke appear in the listing of the house so it is obvious that you know all the details of the transaction and are lying like a Motherfu%^& right now."  

I can't even imagine the backlash that Kyle received from Kim and Kathy went she lost it in that limo and called Kim an alcoholic, Kyle clearing up the mess of the house would had required some disclosure of Kim's state of mind and Kyle was just not ready to go there and even if she did I am not sure anybody would have believed Kyle , after all after that limo scene and because Kyle herself got production to not air any of her sister's "moments" Kyte was labeled the evil sister who uses her poor and helpless sister Kim.

Now after seeing who the real Kim is and how she accomodates events to fit her reality, how she lies to herself and others, how little responsibility she assumes for anything and how vile and nasty she really is,  I am more inclined to believe that the "stolen" house is one more in the interminable tales that Kim tells herself to find an excuse for her addictions.

I am glad that Kyle got the opportunity to clear this issue, I am glad that she will clear some more at the reunion, after that Kyle and her family seriously should considering getting away from Kim as humanly possible, hello and good byes and birthday parties, family events and what not but that should be it.

Kim is an emotional vampire and her prey du jur seems to be Kyle. Watching her this last episode and how eeriely happy she gets when she makes Kyle suffer gives me the chills, Kim is not only an addict, she is also nasty, vindictive and mean, all in one.

• Love 24

Exactly. They might not refer to it as 'muff diving' or 'carpet munching' or as Brandi so charmingly put it, 'pussy eating' ... Gaaaahhh... LisaV, though, seemingly disgusted had to run right over to the other 'ladies' to tell them verbatim what Brandi said. And then they all sat there in a fancy restaurant and talked about it loudly. They just used a less offensive word for it: cunnilingus. Which of course Yolanda said she'd never heard before. Hmm. Wonder what her name for it is. Something as crass as Brandi's? If she has a Dutch term, I wanna know.

I had no issue with the ladies getting bawdy/raunchy that is IMO what happens with friends over drinks sometimes.

Brandi doesn't know how to read a room. Besides let's be honest when someone is always a bitch(Brandi) don't you get annoyed with them more, then people you well, you like and are in good terms with.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 16

Isn't there old footage somewhere from ET showing Big Kathy in her final months? I remember a younger Kim, and her daughters, jumping on the bed while ill momma Kathy is laying there.

That should show which house it was, right? It resurfaced on the Internet when the limo scene happened.

• Love 1

Could have sworn the idea of a group came up and then Brandi asked LisaR to talk to Kyle about it. But either way I took whatever was said as ideas to discuss with Kyle about and not just run with willy nilly. You know cause even Brandi understood that Kyle willing or not should be the first course of action if anyone were considering voicing any concerns about Kim's sobriety.

Replying in Brandi's thread.

Didn't Kyle say that Brooke worked at a rival agency, which means 1 of them was not with H&H at the time they sold that house.

Farrah works for Mauricio at The Agency. They pride themselves for playing nice with other realtors and ever listing has 2-3 agents attached.

Oh - and that is another thing I noticed - Brandi said she felt that kissing was much more personal than "doing the other thing" (I think she was trying to refrain from using the "f" word)....isn't that a prostitute mentality?  I don't know any prostitutes, but I've seen documentaries and watched "Pretty Woman" about a million times, and they say that they don't kiss their "clients".

My roommate from hell in college used to say that too. When you're taking dating advice from a fictional prostitute, it's probably time to reevaluate your life choices.

I had no issue with the ladies getting bawdy/raunchy that is IMO what happens with friends over drinks sometimes.

Brandi doesn't know how to read a room. Besides let's be honest when someone is always a bitch(Brandi) don't you get annoyed with them more, then people you well, you like and are in good terms with.

This!

The other difference is that Brandi's truth-canoning is always done at another's expense. It's okay to joke around. That's what friends do but Brandi is like an insult comic at open mike night. the rest of them are harmless or self-depricating, which can be grating in it's own way, but never intended to embarrass anyone.

Edited by rho
  • Love 13

Kim was not working, Kyle had babies at home and Little Kathy was traveling the world. Their mother moved into Kim's home the last few months of her life.

I don't work, either.  But me being 'available' has made it the new norm for my own siblings to take advantage of that.  If I wanted to go back to work, I couldn't.  I'm saving everybody thousands by being the errand runner and appointment keeper. The only reason my family of 3 drives a huge 7 passenger SUV is so we can drive my parents to family functions.  We could get by with a non gas guzzling sportscar for just us 3.  Like all my siblings own. But I love my parents and do all this willingly.  But my sibs better not steal the house. LOL  Or yes, some of this underlying resentment may come bubbling to the surface.

Now I'm thinking this may be part of what Kim is talking about.

• Love 12

The reason I think there's more to the house story than what we've seen or heard is because this has been a sore point between Kim and Kyle for over a decade. If pulling out the checks from way back then would resolve it, why haven't they don't that yet? I think there's some truth on both sides but the real truth is somewhere in the middle.

I don't think there's any more to the story, for one reason.  Kyle was calm, cool and collected when Kim lobbed it at her....again.  That was a woman who knew she was right and was comfortable with her part in the scenario AND that she could prove it.  Kim, on the other hand, lost her shit....again.  Couldn't form anything coherent and then went nuts about something completely different to deflect Kyle from continuing down the path of exposing Kim as a liar.  

You may be right but my gut feeling is that she isn't exactly the same with Kathy.  She seems to be much more submissive.  The dress KIm was wearing and Kathy's criticism.  Kathy's comments when they were shopping for wedding gowns.  I don't think Kim confronts Kathy the same way she does Kyle.  Oh, I'm sure she plays the sympathy card with Kathy but I don't think she talks the same way to Kathy as she does Kyle or does the blame game either.  I don't think she can get away with it.

I'm a big believer in the idea that you teach people how to treat you.  Kathy, while a little overbearing, seems like a woman who takes no shit from anyone.  The few times she's been on the show, she oozes self confidence.  Whether or not she's that way behind closed doors, I wouldn't know.  But she definitely strikes me as a woman people shouldn't fuck with.  That being said, if Kim tried to pull some of the shit on her that she's done to Kyle, I'm sure Kathy set her straight immediately and let her know that shit wouldn't fly.  Kyle, on the other hand, reacts every.damn.time.  Kyle teaches Kim that it's ok to make her responsible for Kim's life because in some shape or form, Kyle believes she should as well (probably because of their mother's "ALWAYS TAKE UP FOR YOUR SISTERS!" crap).  So whenever Kim pulls the "you didn't defend me!" shit, a part of Kyle thinks she should have as well.

That's what Kyle needs to do is forgive herself.  She's done what she can for Kim with good intentions.  If Kim doesn't feel that way, oh fucking well.

• Love 23

Unbelievable.

This is who Kim really is and that is what in her mind she probably believes, her recount of Amsterdam to Adrienne was very telling.

In her mind Kim is a victim, she never said anything to LisaR, nothing at all about her husband, LisaR just went nuts for no reason and her evil sister Kyle sided with her because she is not loyal at all. Kim never insulted her or told her that Kathy was the best sister ever and that Brandi always had her back, nope, it never happened. Kyle left poor and innocent Kim for no reason at all.

Kim is exhausting, how do you deal with someone like her? How do you rationalize anything with her?

If you are trying to point your side of the story and it differs with her recollection then you are attacking her and watch out for the verbal backlash. If you do not correct her and let her live her delusional version of the events, then basically she cements in her memory her tragic tale of victim hood.

Kim now acknowledges that Kyle bought her out of the house just as she did Kathy, she cashed the checks, yet what she said in a fit of rage was "you stole my GD house" , if you cashed a check and used the money then how did she stole the house ?

Kim's attitude towards life sucks big time, her altered version of what happens around her is as draining and her addictions.

Because this is completely on point, and my jaw hit the floor during Kim's description of events, I wanted to see it in print twice.

So here it is. :)

• Love 8

Me, neither.  I'm only addressing the hypocrisy of the others getting all pearl clutchy (I'm not Brandi :-) just because she uses words they think are too trashy for them.

And I agree with you about getting annoyed easier with people you don't like. Absolutely true.  Still, doesn't make the hypocrites less hypocritical.

• Love 4

F Kim's jealousy! Did you smell mine!!!

That house is perfect for me; I wouldn't change anything. Perfect I tell ya!

LOL, I so agree! I like it far more than her Bel Air home. I'd have those doors open to the patio every night that it wasn't sweltering hot looking out at the mountains in the moonlight and I'd be in that pool for an evening swim.

What the what -- 5 hours to get from Kim's house to La Quinta? Kim probably left late, as per usual, sometime around 3 pm so she got caught in rush hour traffic and what would normally be a 2.5-3 hour drive turned into 5!

• Love 7
I don't work, either.  But me being 'available' has made it the new norm for my own siblings to take advantage of that.  If I wanted to go back to work, I couldn't.  I'm saving everybody thousands by being the errand runner and appointment keeper.

I completely believe this is what's happening with you (and I'm sorry for that because it sucks and people absolutely do that). But this is Kim we're talking about. I've seen her enough even on this show to know that there's no way anyone is taking advantage of her or having her run errands or keep appointments for them. They more often do that for her. Kim's really never available to anyone, despite not working.

• Love 13

And let's be honest: There's a difference between general talk about dining at the V and someone (who you can't stand) offering to put you on the menu. 

• Love 17

I don't work, either.  But me being 'available' has made it the new norm for my own siblings to take advantage of that.  If I wanted to go back to work, I couldn't.  I'm saving everybody thousands by being the errand runner and appointment keeper. The only reason my family of 3 drives a huge 7 passenger SUV is so we can drive my parents to family functions.  We could get by with a non gas guzzling sportscar for just us 3.  Like all my siblings own. But I love my parents and do all this willingly.  But my sibs better not steal the house. LOL  Or yes, some of this underlying resentment may come bubbling to the surface.

Agreed. I fail to see how Kathy being too busy traveling the world and Kyle happily living her life without the interruption of a dying mother and Kim possibly not having anything better to do (I'm sorry wasn't she raising children too?) means that watching her mother die obviously was to fall to Kim. Regardless of how it worked out being the one to shoulder that detail of their lives mean a lot. Especially since no one else seemed to be vying for the job.

Kim's feeling of resentment over that house seems justified to me.

• Love 7

Farrah works for Mauricio at The Agency. They pride themselves for playing nice with other realtors and ever listing has 2-3 agents attached.

My roommate from hell in college used to say that too. When you're taking dating advice from a fictional prostitute, it's probably time to reevaluate your life choices.

This!

The other difference is that Brandi's truth-canoning is always done at another's expense. It's okay to joke around. That's what friends do but Brandi is like an insult comic at open mike night. the rest of them are harmless or self-depricating, which can be grating in it's own way, but never intended to embarrass anyone.

The house in PS was sold before Mauricio started his own agency, he was with H&H back then.

I did that for my parents for years as well but they made their will an equal split between all 4 of us kids and I have no issue with that. I was not working outside the home and lived closest to my parents so it was easier. The only time I got pissed was when no one would help me out time to time, I did need down time periodically. LOL Kim cared for their mom in her last few months in her, Kim's, house, not the PS house. By the time Big Kathy found out she had breast cancer, she was living back in the LA area in a condo that Kyle's then BF (first husband), loaned her money to buy. She was not living in PS, that was a vacation home by then. 

• Love 1

I'm sure Kyle got a text from Andy as soon as that segment ended. "Bring the checks! You'll get a bonus!"

• Love 10

We are all going to need intensive therapy by the time this season is over. I feel like calling my sister right now and screaming "I'm not going to steal your God damn house!" But it's a tad premature as my mother is still alive and kicking.

• Love 11

One last night, and ! peaceful dinner in Amsterdam! I was so relieved there was no drama. But, one minute they are in Amsterdam and then, poof! they are back in SoCal. Or did I fall asleep?

As nice as the ladies' dinner in Amsterdam was, it was too creepy to watch Brandi prey on that kid. Who, yes, seemed all to eager to pounce on the "offerings," but, still...

Me, too, on the love train for Kyle's house! Wow, gorgeous! Thanks, VanillaBeanne, for your description of the "you stole my house" exchange, which flew by a little too quickly for me. However, I don't get how Farrah was offered the listing, since didn't she graduate high school on Season 1? Or am I completely out of the loop? Anyway, interesting to see that Kim is still apoplectic about this issue. Also interesting she did not, despite the bait and switch, have much of a reaction to Kyle's revelation that Brandi is also talking about her needing an intervention. Wanted to scream at the TV when I heard her revisionist history regarding LisaR's glass smashing and Kyle's flight. 

Look, Brandi, if you'd rather "kick ass than kiss ass," don't be surprised when those you've kicked around get tired of your deal.

• Love 8

Exactly!  And wasn't she supposedly getting some sort of 6 figure monthly alimony payment from one of her exes?  With that and the money from the show, what the hell kind of drugs was she buying that would go through it all like that?  Never mind...stupid question.  At this point, I'm wondering if she has a life insurance policy on Monte and is the reason she's letting him stay at her place.  Kim is such a loser!

Oh, you may have something there. You reminded me of this woman I once worked for many moons ago. She was an alcoholic. She had a few men at her disposal. She ended up marrying one when he had only six months left to live. She didn't love the man, but he was so sick and in need of support, I could see him thinking here was an angel. What happened? She ended up being his beneficiary of his life insurance. She then moved on to another fellow whom she knew for years. Once his wife passed, they got married. He was in his late 80s and very ill himself.  She was 58 years old.  Guess what? She too was the beneficiary of his life insurance. This thought never occurred to me until I read your post. Very good!

I am in agreement that with all the money Kim had, she could have lived a way better life and had a vacation home too. But she is an addict and of course, she deflects her behavior and blames her sister. That's what addicts do, unfortunately.

I think Kyle is probably very happy that the whole story about Mom's house is finally out there. For how many years now have we seen them replay the limo "you stole my house" scene? At last....the truth is that Kim was paid for her fair share because she couldn't afford to buy out the other two sisters. And by that point, I'm guessing they were tired of carrying Kim's debt load.

Kyle seemed very happy that Kim mentioned it. I think her words were, "I am so glad you brought that up!" I think Kyle really took a beating on social media about the house. Knowing that Kim is an addict, it is very hard to give her credibility.  What is that old saying? You can tell when an addict is lying because their lips move. That is Kim. Even her story to Adrienne Maloof was not accurate. She put out both hands to show Adrienne that LisaR was about to choke her. Pleeeeeeease, bitch! I am glad there is footage of that so Adrienne herself could see that it didn't happen the way Kim described it.

One thing that stood out about Kim describing in detail about that Amsterdam dinner was, how she told Adrienne, "As soon as I heard Lisa Rinna say 'Kim'..." that is when Kim lost it. It reminded me of what Brandy posted in her blog about Kim being armed and ready at that dinner. All she had to do in order to go on the attack was hearing her name being said by LisaR.

I don't get how Farrah was offered the listing

Brooke got the listing.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

I completely believe this is what's happening with you (and I'm sorry for that because it sucks and people absolutely do that). But this is Kim we're talking about. I've seen her enough even on this show to know that there's no way anyone is taking advantage of her or having her run errands or keep appointments for them. They more often do that for her. Kim's really never available to anyone, despite not working.

Thanks. It doesn't really suck (yet) but they better not steal the house. :-)  I'm thinking that Kim probably at one time DID DO for her mother.  I agree with you now that she's probably not running errands or keeping appointments for anyone but from the interview I saw with Kim and her mom, it appeared she did then.  We don't know what Kim may have sacrificed to care for her mom during that time.  Or if it felt like a sacrifice. 

• Love 4