Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Confessions Of A Housewife

• Start Topic

I will try and find the extended version.  Kathy did not want the house and Kim could not afford to buy out Kyle and Kathy so she decided to cash out.  Sometime later she wanted back in and offered $20,000.00 even though what she was paid was much greater.

Kim has never offered an evidence to support her position and with a daughter, a niece and two BILs in real estate  it is really time Kim stop besmirching Mauricio's reputation. 

This whole house thing explains a lot the new home of Kyle's was purchased right at the beginning of filming.  I don't think Kim can distinguish Kyle being there for her from Kim being jealous of the house.  Obviously Kim was very bitter about sitting in her sister's new vacation home.

From what Kim said, she also appears to think that Kyle and Mauricio bought the new Palm Springs house with the money they made from selling Big Kathy's house, i.e. Kyle used her ill gotten gains from the house that she stole from Kim to buy an even fancier house, goddamn her to hell. It could hardly get more unfair than that.

• Love 12

With all due respect Kyle stated that she had copies of the canceled checks she gave to both sisters. After she said that Kim changed the topic, to me that proves Kyle's point. If Kim really thought she got the short end she would have said yes bring out the checks or added something tangeble as proof of stolen house.

Totally agree. At one point, I also remember Kim saying twice "I tried to give the check back". To me that means, she got the check. 

Kim was paid the same as Kathy and later tried to buy her way back in with $20,000.00-far less than she was paid.  Kyle and Mauricio had remodeled and taken out a mortgage. Kim was offended because Mauricio said she was in no position to take on a mortgage payment.  This is way back in 2002-3.  What Kim failed to mention is she and her children had use of the house whenever they wanted and Kyle and Mauricio paid all the expenses.. 

The devil is in the  details-how nice was it of Uncle Mauricio and Aunt Kyle to give Brooke a shared listing despite the fact she works for a competing agency?  That is like free money to Brooke.   If Brooke had the listing Kim had every opportunity to buy the house-I just don't think she could either afford it or wanted it all that bad.  I think she expected to be given the house. It does make for a great pity party. 

Oh this is such juicy good info. Kim is full of shit. She takes absolutely no responsibility ever. She couldn't afford the house. Period. That's what Kyle meant, she was trying to say it tactfully.  

I can't with these bitches anymore. Kim and Brandi need to go. I think it was SwordQueen that quoted Brandi responding to the slap issue with "but that was last night".

Brandi, learn how to behave like a human EVERY NIGHT. Yes, Yolanda has to tell you AGAIN that you need to think before you do things like that. How annoying for you. Stop acting like an asshole and Yolanda and everyone else will stop "lecturing" you. 

• Love 20

What a pathetic woman Brandi is.

That guy made her wait for like forever it seems, shouldn't he had been the one waiting for her?

Once he was there he didn't seem interested in talking to her at all or wasting any time, he surely knew she was a sure deal and wanted to get to business right away, meaning getting her in the sack.

I read on several places that this guy is a male scort , I should clarify a gay male scort that is so I wonder if this was nothing but a ruse to promote his face and get his 15 minutes. Is that the best Brandi can do?

Very deep self esteem issues where she only sees her value as a sex object. SAD

• Love 14

Great one AnnA!!!! And so true.

Thanks! That thought popped into my mind the second I saw her do it. :)

It's not quite as noticeable on TV as it Is in that photo but LisaR is skin and bones. No wonder Kim made that comment about the bread. I should get a picture of that scene nd make it into a Snickers commercial.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6

Re: Brandi's "apology" to Lisa V - I don't like apologies; they're pretty much worthless to me. You know what proves you're genuinely sorry for something? You don't do it again! Remorse is shown through actions, not words. Brandi offends over and over again, and a tossed-off "But I said sorry!" just ain't gonna cut it anymore.

So, so true.  I was thinking the same thing when Kim and Kyle were "discussing" their issues.  Kim says she's not the same person she was three years ago and Kyle needs to stop treating her as if she were.  I wanted so hard for Kyle to tell Kim that she will treat her differently when she acts differently.  Announcing that you've changed or that you're sorry and then demanding that people automatically treat you accordingly, doesn't fly with me.  That mindset proves how neither Kim or Brandi have changed, if they think that they do not need to show people through repeated action that they have, in fact, changed.  Change is an action, too, ladies.  And now I am done saying the word changed. 

I would love to veto certain words and phrases from being uttered on this show.

• Love 14

The conversation, or confrontation, about the 'house' was the biggest revelation of the show, and maybe of the season. It points to the core of Kim's resentment and jealousy of Kyle. I have no doubt that Kyle is telling the truth and she really 'got' Kim when Kim declared that Kyle put it on the market without telling Kim. Kim, remember the 'conversation' about the listing? Kim, would you like to see the checks? You and Kathy were paid the same.

Kim 'needs' to resent Kyle. Kim 'needs' to make Kyle an unloving sister who wasn't there for her. She 'needs' to blame Kyle. This way she doesn't have to look in the mirror and face the reality she has made of her life. Why not Kathy? I think it may well be because Kathy is the 'older' sister who really wasn't in the business and married at a young age. Kyle 'needs' to walk away from Kim.

BTW, Kyle's desert house was lovely.

For all we know, Kim may take the same tack with Kathy; compare Kyle to her and all. Don't believe for a moment that she is any different about Kathy, who she must also envy.

• Love 7

Why was Yolanda wearing an IV at the spa? Anybody know?

It was some kind of vitamin pack....because Yolanda doesn't take enough supplements orally!!  

Does anyone else think the only reason Dutch Boy went out with Brandi was to get his 15 minutes? Otherwise I can't see the appeal.

Add me to the list of those who love Kyle's desert home. It looks pristine while still having a warm and homey feel, not a palace like some of the wives live in.

Yup....first thought that went through my head was "star-banger"....(and then, just took that back, because Brandi is no way a star), and I just figured he had a Mrs. Robinson thing going on....

• Love 2

It was Vitamin D, it was printed on the IV bag. Not a good thing to take in light of all the other holistic pills/capsules she pops everyday!

• Love 3

The conversation, or confrontation, about the 'house' was the biggest revelation of the show, and maybe of the season.  It points to the core of Kim's resentment and jealousy of Kyle.  I have no doubt that Kyle is telling the truth and she really 'got' Kim when Kim declared that Kyle put it on the market without telling Kim.  Kim, remember the 'conversation' about the listing?  Kim, would you like to see the checks?  You and Kathy were paid the same. 

Kim 'needs' to resent Kyle.  Kim 'needs' to make Kyle an unloving sister who wasn't there for her.  She 'needs' to blame Kyle.  This way she doesn't have to look in the mirror and face the reality she has made of her life.  Why not Kathy?  I think it may well be because Kathy is the 'older' sister who really wasn't in the business and married at a young age.  Kyle 'needs' to walk away from Kim.

BTW, Kyle's desert house was lovely.

How many of the late night phone calls to Brandi revolved around Kim telling her fairy tale about her house being stolen and evil Kyle and Mauricio making a fortune off it and buying a house four times its size in LaQuinta?

• Love 15

It was a vitamin infusion.  Like she doesn't take enough vitamins everyday....  I don't think this particular infusion had anything to do with Lyme treatment.  They were at a spa.  Unless, spas give Lyme Disease treatments now.... Yeah, sure.

Again, she's likely doing more harm than good.  It's been proven that taking too many of certain vitamins and minerals can be very harmful.

• Love 6

It was some kind of vitamin pack....because Yolanda doesn't take enough supplements orally!!  

Yup....first thought that went through my head was "star-banger"....(and then, just took that back, because Brandi is no way a star), and I just figured he had a Mrs. Robinson thing going on....

When they left the restaurant/bar, it looked like he had to hold her upright. She said that she already had 3 glasses of wine by the time he got there. IMO, she was well on her way to blackout drunk hookup again.

• Love 18

We are both evil then because I wated the same thing. I want to know about the God damn house! Several theories have been offered and none of them make sense. I still don't get it.

The reason I think there's more to the house story than what we've seen or heard is because this has been a sore point between Kim and Kyle for over a decade. If pulling out the checks from way back then would resolve it, why haven't they don't that yet? I think there's some truth on both sides but the real truth is somewhere in the middle.

I work for the local town government and newly recorded deeds from the county come across my desk every day. I can't count how many times someone has come into Town Hall freaking out about what a sibling did with the deed of an inherited propery. It happens all the time. That doesn't mean I think Kyle isn't telling the truth but if everything was done fairly and backed up with legal documents it shouldn't still be an issue.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7
When they left the restaurant/bar, it looked like he had to hold her upright. She said that she already had 3 glasses of wine by the time he got there. IMO, she was well on her way to blackout drunk hookup again

She looked sooo disheveled by the time he got there, LOL.

• Love 7

I know zoeysmom clarified more of the Palm Springs house story, but I'm almost positive I remember Mauricio addressing it a few seasons back (I think in a TH). Does anyone else remember this? I don't remember the details, but it made sense to me that he would want to address it - not just for Kyle's sake, but because as a realtor, what Kim accused them of was not ok. She attacked his professional integrity, and he was not having it.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 10

For all we know, Kim may take the same tack with Kathy; compare Kyle to her and all. Don't believe for a moment that she is any different about Kathy, who she must also envy.

You may be right but my gut feeling is that she isn't exactly the same with Kathy.  She seems to be much more submissive.  The dress KIm was wearing and Kathy's criticism.  Kathy's comments when they were shopping for wedding gowns.  I don't think Kim confronts Kathy the same way she does Kyle.  Oh, I'm sure she plays the sympathy card with Kathy but I don't think she talks the same way to Kathy as she does Kyle or does the blame game either.  I don't think she can get away with it.

• Love 9

The problem is Kim's drug/alcohol pickled brain, she will not believe anything , even when presented with physical evidence, other than what she wants to believe. It does not matter if her recollection is wrong, it fits her agenda and that is all that matters.

Then I have to assume Kyle knows that too which makes her choice of where to meet with Kim to discuss their issues a really, really bad one.

• Love 6

The people who've been talking in previous episode threads about how it seems that confrontations are a cathartic release for Kim - someone even described it as, iirc, the arc of an orgasm - are really onto something. This is multiple times now that we've seen Kim get eerily relaxed once she's "won" and somebody else is crying.

I rolled my eyes when Kim hugged Kyle.  She won (in her mind) then she moved in for the victory lap.  None of that was sincere.  I get not seeing eye to eye on some things, but to take Brandi's side against blood?  Oh no, never that.  Kim can miss me with all of that bullshit.

The reason I think there's more to the house story than what we've seen or heard is because this has been a sore point between Kim and Kyle for over a decade. If pulling out the checks from way back then would resolve it, why haven't they don't that yet? I think there's some truth on both sides but the real truth is somewhere in the middle.

I work for the local town government and newly recorded deeds fromthencounty come across my desk every day. I can't count how many times someone has come into Town Hall freaking out about what a sibling did with the deed of an inherited propery. It happens all the time. That doesn't mean I think Kyle isn't telling the truth but if the everything was done fairly and backed up with legal documents it shouldn't still be an issue.

I hear you, but I don't think there is more to this story.  If it were, I think Kathy would have gotten involved.  Also, it seems that Kyle has taken care of Kim so there may be more involved than just a cash transaction.  I think Kim feels that she is entitled to get her way because her mother used her skills and talents to elevate the status of the entire family.  Well, that was not anyone's fault but Big Kathy's.  Kyle isn't responsible for the choices grown ass people made when she was a child.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 19

OMG, it's You Stole My House-gate 2.0. Waahh, make it stop!

Brandi - oh my dad's in the hospital, he's at death's door. Do I want a facial? Yes please! 

Message to Yo - did you ever consider the fact that Brandi acts like an asshole because she is one? Not everyone who acts like an asshole is coming from a place of pain. If you want to mother someone, there are far more deserving candidates out there.

Gay wedding, Lisa V - meh

Lisa R and her eye make up in her TH - Make it stop!!

• Love 7

So even though Adrienne was sympathetic with Kim in this episode, on WWHL she along with Camille and Taylor all sided against Kim and Brandi in all the controversial incidences this season and they would all be willing to return next season. Taylor also said she'd like to see Brandi leave.

So what was the IV treatment Yo was getting at the salon?  I thought they were both there for facials.

And because it cannot be said enough, that desert home was to die for!

• Love 10

Also funny?  What we saw of the family house in Palm Springs during the time frame of the show would NEVER have paid for that house in La Quinta.  It wouldn't even have made a down payment.  Please.  Now prices are going up again, yeah.  The past five years?  Hell no.  We almost bought out there because it was so dirt cheap.

• Love 9

Re-watching ...

Kim's TH about Kyle's house: "Beautiful house. God bless. Enjoy it." was said in the most bitter monotone ever. That woman does not have a generous bone in her body.

Also, after Kyle showed her around the house and Kim stepped away to the bathroom, she was totally exasperated that the camera followed her. Methinks she wanted a few moments to herself so she could "work hard on her sobriety." Ahem.

"You bring me to this house after you took the money to buy this one."  Really Kim?  She brought you over there to clear the air between the two of you without interference and not around other people not to make you jealous as you clearly are.  I suspect we have a bad case of scattered brain and also common sense.

• Love 17

And what the hell was Kim so scared about at Eileen's poker night?

Her 100% pain. Duh.

Kim's TH about Kyle's house: "Beautiful house. God bless. Enjoy it." was said in the most bitter monotone ever. That woman does not have a generous bone in her body.

Co-sign.

• Love 15

Brandi - oh my dad's in the hospital, he's at death's door. Do I want a facial? Yes please! 

Message to Yo - did you ever consider the fact that Brandi acts like an asshole because she is one? Not everyone who acts like an asshole is coming from a place of pain. If you want to mother someone, there are far more deserving candidates out there.

They were leaving the next day.  Even if Brandi could book a last minute flight that day, I doubt she could have afforded the ticket.

Yeah, Lisa is pretty much only on this show for her restaurants, they sure manage to get them in a lot if they are filming in California.

• Love 3

Then I have to assume Kyle knows that too which makes her choice of where to meet with Kim to discuss their issues a really, really bad one.

Not really. I think they talk and Kim lets everyone think she is Ok and has moved on then pounces on Kyle when Kyle least expects it. Kim is like a cat, toying with the mouse over and over again until it decides to kill and eat the mouse. Kim is the cat and Kyle is her trapped mouse. JMO

Just the fact alone that her father is in the hospital, is very, very ill and she decides to get a facial instead of being at the hospital yells out "ASSHOLE" loud and clear to most people! I believe that she was tweeting that he was in ICU when this was filmed and she was not at the hospital!

• Love 12

I've wondered for a long time if Kim feels the first PS house was more hers due to her income having paid for it. I'm not saying that real well as I'm tired. I guess I'm thinking her acting salary is what paid the mortgage for several years so she felt it was "her" house.

• Love 8

They were leaving the next day.  Even if Brandi could book a last minute flight that day, I doubt she could have afforded the ticket.

Yeah, Lisa is pretty much only on this show for her restaurants, they sure manage to get them in a lot if they are filming in California.

They were back in BH when this, the facial,  was filmed and Brandi's dad was in the hospital. They showed her driving up to the spa in her Land rover.

I've wondered for a long time if Kim feels the first PS house was more hers due to her income having paid for it. I'm not saying that real well as I'm tired. I guess I'm thinking her acting salary is what paid the mortgage for several years so she felt it was "her" house.

Kim never bought her mother a home, ever. Kim was a married woman when her mother moved to PS.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 16

That was like a *tutorial* on abusive dynamics. She followed Kyle into the kitchen, literally stirred the pot (!) while giving a soulless monologue about their need to work on things, and once she got Kyle sobbing hard enough, she demanded the hug.  :: shudder ::

Kim is indeed a master at the abuse game.  She would be lucky to get within ten feet of me.  Nasty, narcissist, addict bitch.

• Love 19

I think we all agree that Kim is one messed up person and will probably never come out of this okay. I hope that one day she finds some peace in her true soul. Life and circumstances that you are born into and create on your own can be devastating for lost souls. I wish she would just stop with total mean behaviors towards her family and others.

• Love 9