Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I had a dream about the Rods a couple of nights ago. I was in a hotel and the toilet in my room didn't work. David Rodrigues, of all people, came to fix it. When he took the lid off the tank, the mechanism inside was a large, painted wooden clown. He started to work on it and the clown's head fell off. At that point I woke up because I really did have to go to the bathroom. 

I decided I don't have enough interaction with real humans these days.

I had a dream about the Rods as well. Mine was worse. I dreamt I was dating Nathan. 😳

• LOL 9
15 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Besides the Rod issues with food, Nurie is a younger pregnant woman (22) and this is her first child. Both age and # of kids, has an effect on pregnant someone looks. 

True enough...My daughter 32, and this is her second baby. On the other hand, when I was 25, pregnant with my first, and only weighed about 108 for my 5'3", I showed more at 4 months than I did with either of my other two at 6 months...so, really, every pregnancy is different. My daughter is nervous anyway because the doctor told her the other day that her ultrasound showed the baby in the 97th percentile for size. But they also told her that her first baby was likely to be over 10lb, and she ended up being 7lb,6oz, despite being 10 days late, so there you go...

• Love 6
2 hours ago, SMama said:

Another big reason to think the Rebers’ loyalty is to JB, the cult, not the law. They won’t report Volderjosh’s wrong doings. 

Yep. And Austin was recently in the son’s wedding. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Yep. And Austin was recently in the son’s wedding. 

They know each other through the Freedomists. However, that group seems to have sort of disbanded in favor of this week's latest extremist flavor.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 4

What is up with our dream lives, y'all? I had my first Rod-related dream a few nights ago! My husband and I were at some megachurch because he was leading music at a religious conference. I learned that Jill was on the premises and started bragging online that I'd be able to see her in the wild. Sadly, that's when my alarm woke me.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Austin (Forsyth), Jed!, and Jeremiah Duggar were all in the son's wedding.  

Jed! and Jer were also involved with the Freedomists. Lemuel Reber actually went to college. I think he's an engineer or something along those lines. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1

The plot gets thicker and thicker…I guess these Fundies really are a very intertwined group. It sounded at first like Boob was a church acquaintance of the Rebers. Now they are practically family!

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

What is with y'all having dreams about the Rods of all families? Talk about leaving a lasting impression on your brain lol

The only dream I've had about a fundie has been about Smuggar LORD HELP ME

• LOL 12

The angel on my shoulder says that I shouldn't compare Nurthan's "maternity shoot" to others on SM.  But come on!  Those pics are so pathetic and laughable!  If JillRod had not called it a "maternity shoot" I wouldn't have thought twice about it.  The first shot was ok, except they're standing in front of a shed, I guess?  Nurie's expression in the second one looks like parody.  Maybe Nurie is trolling us?  She's literally barefoot and pregnant in the photos.  And where are the dry grasses and weeds that our fundies love for their photo settings?

• LOL 12
  • Love 7

Jill pinned that two-pound corsage to Nurie's saggy sweater vest and the corsage ended up on her boob. Nike!

Maybe the rusty siding is the outside of the barndo.  I'm surprised Jill didn't have Nurthan pose in the creepy pet cemetery lovely rock garden instead. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
(edited)

That second picture has me dying!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣
Of course Jill told her to look to the heavens. God did grant them this baby after all...🙄 It looks more like Nurie is drugged out of her mind.  Nathan just looks like he's eagle eyeing her boobs..lol 

That is one creep show of a  "maternity shoot."

Edited by Madtown
  • LOL 19
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

catatonic hillbilly Botticelli reproduction. 

This is exactly what crossed my mind too.  Nurie looks like she's trying to pose like the Virgin Mary does in various paintings.  All she needs is the halo, although that might be too Catholic for the Rods (and I've never seen a painting of Mary clutching her baby bump with Joseph hovering behind her).

Edited by Fosca
I looked at the picture again . . . .
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Why is Nurie gazing up to the heavens in that 2nd picture?

It would be a "nice" enough picture if she wasn't.

She is probably staring up at heaven. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

She looks like her eyes are rolling back in her head like she's about to have a seizure.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

9 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Everything JRod does looks low-rent, cheap and tacky.  Everything!

True, but I suppose Nurie's expectations are very low, and Nathan doesn't really care how the pictures turn out as long as Nurie is happy.  

However, low-rent Jill is expensive. This trip will punch a hole in Nathan's bank account if it goes on too long. Nurie and Nathan will be in the little trailer in the Keller's backyard ten kids from now if they can't save any money because of Grifter Momma and Lazy Davy. Jill has government money right now, and she should not expect Nathan to be constantly paying.  I have no idea how the Kellers feel about the situation, but I'd be angry if my lazy in-laws mooched off my child. 

We know more eating out, shopping, and recreation photos are coming, along with Jill's gushing about her wonderful "son-in-love."

• Love 5
On 6/22/2021 at 2:21 PM, iwantcookies said:

No one wanted the veggies lol

86798AB7-08F8-4115-90A2-DCC153E39E40.jpeg

HUNKIEST hubby alive 

Jill xoxo

10B15835-9462-4D38-9273-40D81AFFC08B.jpeg

Even though I highly doubt Jill and co eat vegetables, I’m kinda surprised she didn’t swipe this food into her handbag.

Food Lunch GIF by Hollyoaks

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, charmed1 said:

If this is a “maternity shoot,” I’m assuming Jill is taking pictures with her phone while a real photographer is positioned somewhere else. I’m guessing that’s why Nurie is posed like some catatonic hillbilly Botticelli reproduction. The angle of the photographer’s image most likely looks different. Of course, a real photographer would tell Jill to get lost, so I’m sure it’s just Janessa over in the corner taking pictures with Nathan’s cell phone.

There is no way this family shills out money for a real photographer if they could be spending the money on worshiping Jill. 

• Love 5

I really, really wish the Plath kids would spill some more Rod tea. Ethan gave us that tiny but juicy sip about Jill trying to match him with Nurie. I really would love to hear what else he and his siblings know.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill has government money right now, and she should not expect Nathan to be constantly paying.  

But that gothic, twinkle-lit backyard Pet Semetary isn't going to pay for itself.

It angers me to think about how much money she's received over the last year and a half for her kids, which we know won't go to her kids.  I wonder if, when Nathan pays, the kids feel safe ordering enough for leftovers so maybe they can squeeze two or three meals out of their dinners.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

But that gothic, twinkle-lit backyard Pet Semetary isn't going to pay for itself.

It angers me to think about how much money she's received over the last year and a half for her kids, which we know won't go to her kids.  I wonder if, when Nathan pays, the kids feel safe ordering enough for leftovers so maybe they can squeeze two or three meals out of their dinners.

I wouldn't doubt that any leftovers get scarfed down by Shrek for a midnight snack. 

• Love 6

I would guess they all fill up on the free chips and salsa and then Renee and Kaylee split something so they can remain the required level of svelte for courtship/marraige. Sadly, sophia, sadie and janessa probably all split a kid meal. and phillip would be fasting for the lord to determine his future, which will most likely be another trailer in the barndo backyard

• Love 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I'm sure the Rodlets would "fast for Jesus" and INSIST that Gut With Ears eat the leftovers!

4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

This trip will punch a hole in Nathan's bank account if it goes on too long. Nurie and Nathan will be in the little trailer in the Keller's backyard ten kids from now if they can't save any money because of Grifter Momma and Lazy Davy. Jill has government money right now, and she should not expect Nathan to be constantly paying.  I have no idea how the Kellers feel about the situation, but I'd be angry if my lazy in-laws mooched off my child. 

We know more eating out, shopping, and recreation photos are coming, along with Jill's gushing about her wonderful "son-in-love."

Nathan must know by now that a trip to visit the in-laws will end up costing him a small fortune, but he does it to make Nurie happy. We don't really know how Nurie is adjusting to life so far away from her precious Mama. You might think that she'd be ecstatic at slipping out from under Jill's clutches, being free to build a life of her own, and that she'd dread returning home for even a brief visit. But it's also possible that, having spent her life with every thought, word and action controlled by her mother, she finds her newfound freedom to be frightening and disorienting. She may long for the security of her old prison cell. 

Nathan does seem like a genuinely kind young man, more so than most young Fundie husbands. Perhaps he's hoping that, in time, he'll be able to gradually wean Nurie away from dependence on her awful mother.

• Love 23
18 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Nathan does seem like a genuinely kind young man, more so than most young Fundie husbands. Perhaps he's hoping that, in time, he'll be able to gradually wean Nurie away from dependence on her awful mother.

And maybe the new baby (and the ones that follow) will keep her busy. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

She looks like her eyes are rolling back in her head like she's about to have a seizure.

Yep I was hoping someone was calling 911. Or she's been replaced by a department store dummy- just has that look.

• LOL 7
11 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Trying to imitate the spiritual ecstasy of Bernini’s St. Theresa sculpture?

• Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Trying to imitate the spiritual ecstasy of Bernini’s St. Theresa sculpture?

Well two or three problems with that theory (and that was the same idea I had):

Nurie is ignorant of  catholic saints who worship the wrong Jesus and she has no clue about high roman baroque sculpture. Not to mention the idea of "ecstasy".

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 7

I think she arching her back more in some pics. and seriously pregnant belly photo shooting Jill didn't go with Nathan and Nurie doing the heart shape thing with their hands on the pregnant belly???

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I swear to god that looks like the expression on  the Jesus on the cross statues in the evil pagan Catholic church I grew up in. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

@Madtown"Eagle eyeing her boobs" 😂

Yes, arching her back like crazy in that last one!

I'm SURE a heart hands photo will be next!  They can't help themselves!

Nathan does look better with a beard.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5