Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

"Compromise is not necessary when you trust the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords to bring like minded individuals into your children's lives."

I wonder if the "compromise" is a slap at Purple Gum Guy or Timbit's Mystery Female or both.

Nurie and Nathan look happy. I wonder if Nurie has ever had a party before with people outside of the family and gifts with her name on the package. 

Oh, no. The day was filled with spiritual attack from Satan. Who hurt Jill's feelings?

Maybe she saw a transgender woman in a bathroom in the good Olive Garden Nate took them too

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, emma675 said:

I'll bet poor Katie was crying because she had to listen to all of that religious crap and didn't get a tip.

Katie doesn't know how lucky she was to have to deal with only four of them. She could have been stuck with all 16 yammering at her (and still no tip). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, drafan said:

Nurie's hair! 😂

Why does the fugly homemade quilt have a big "P" in the middle? For that crap they sell?

I actually like the quilt and I think the P is unintentional. The two quilt blocks happen to form a P. If they were going to put letters on the quilt either N or K. 

• Love 3

I don't think the quilt has an intentional "P", either.  Just poor choice in piecing. It appears to be just a random patten.  I think Nathan's tie looks nice.  It matches Nurie's dress.  I hope her wedding dress is as nice, and fits as well, as this dress.  She looks nice here.  And they look nice together.  They both look very happy.  

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I actually like the quilt and I think the P is unintentional. The two quilt blocks happen to form a P. If they were going to put letters on the quilt either N or K. 

I find the colours and layout are what makes this a bad quilt

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

What's the groom's last name? Could it be for that?

10 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Oh, no. The day was filled with spiritual attack from Satan. Who hurt Jill's feelings?

We did when we didn't fall all over ourselves praising all the great pictures she's posting 😂

• LOL 8

Did anyone else notice how few people attended?   Probably a good thing as there wasn’t much food.  For as much $ as they’ve been dropping on fixing up their home with nonsense tchotchkes, it’s a shame Jill didn’t put more into Nurie’s shower.  
Next question - why do the grifters allow Nathan to  pay for meals out?   As the parents/in-laws to be, THEY should be buying!   Couldn’t help but notice that they all ordered actual beverages on Nathan’s tab.  They only have water when they have to foot the bill.  Makes me nervous wondering how much they will expect Nathan to help them out.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Totally said:

I find the colours and layout are what makes this a bad quilt

Agree!  There are too many different patterns going on in that quilt and they are not cohesive at all.  Just kind of like a hodgepodge on combinations.  Like they used the scrappings of 10 different projects to make this quilt.

One of my good friends always makes me things for special occassions (quilts, knit hats, jam...etc) because they are a one income household and money is tight.  The quilts/knit hats are always so pretty and stylish, not because she is using expensive material but she picks a couple patterns/colors that go together.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Did anyone else notice how few people attended?   Probably a good thing as there wasn’t much food.  For as much $ as they’ve been dropping on fixing up their home with nonsense tchotchkes, it’s a shame Jill didn’t put more into Nurie’s shower.  
Next question - why do the grifters allow Nathan to  pay for meals out?   As the parents/in-laws to be, THEY should be buying!   Couldn’t help but notice that they all ordered actual beverages on Nathan’s tab.  They only have water when they have to foot the bill.  Makes me nervous wondering how much they will expect Nathan to help them out.

They have no shame.  They will grift off anybody who is willing.  Nathan should be expecting a lifetime of this in his future, luckily being in FL should help reduce the amount, but I'm sure once Nurie has access to some money she will be expected to send gifts to her mama.

• Love 3

I guess this was a sneak peek at how tacky their wedding reception is going to be. I do like Nurie's dress. I wonder if that is the wedding dress she picked out at 14? I bet she's wearing it so Jill can remind everyone how chaste and virginal she is.

Nathan's going to have to learn to say "no" very quickly or his new MIL is going to make his life a whole lot poorer. He does look like he loves/likes/is pretty fond of Nurie so hopefully he's just being nice to the grifters until he's legally wed.

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

We did when we didn't fall all over ourselves praising all the great pictures she's posting 😂

I'm hoping very much we were the cause of Jill's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. 

Did they go out to dinner after the shower? Nathan must have been there for a few days, so I bet he paid for all their groceries in addition to the dinner. The Rods are grifters who will bleed Nathan for every penny they can get. Jill is a leech with bad hair and too much makeup. 

Right now, Nathan is getting praise and thinks Jill and David are nice people who appreciate his kindness. Soon, he'll find out he is expected to be a source of steady income for them. 

• Love 13

I also think the P in the quilt was unintentional.  Don't quilters usually lay out the pieces before they start stitching to avoid something like that happening?  Or maybe it was regifted.

Nurie's dress  looked nice.  Her poor sisters on the other hand...

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

A pic from Nurie's shower. Poor mismatched ragamuffins. 

They look like they were dressed in the dark. I'm fine with dressing modest but you can still look good. I give Anna Duggar some credit that her kids always look put together with care. 

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

They look like they were dressed in the dark. I'm fine with dressing modest but you can still look good. I give Anna Duggar some credit that her kids always look put together with care. 

I know there are four littlest girls.  Janessa, Sopheeeeeeia, Sadie and Olivia.  I know I see Janessa and Sopheeeeeeia, so who is missing?  Olivia or Sadie?  And why?

14 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

where do they find these clothes??

my oldest granddaughter (8yrs) and all her friends seem to fall into the "got dressed in the dark" category most days. but the weird outfits they pick are current fashion used intentionally to mismatch

other observations, the one girl Jill is holding has her arms around probably her sister mom's neck. 2 girls in front have the hands clamped on them. one girl wearing a boys dress shirt under a dress.

54 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I also think the P in the quilt was unintentional.  Don't quilters usually lay out the pieces before they start stitching to avoid something like that happening?  Or maybe it was regifted.

Nurie's dress  looked nice.  Her poor sisters on the other hand...

I am a quilter, and yes, we do lay out the pieces first.  I'm guessing that quilt was made by a very new quilter.  True confession - when I was getting started I used some extra pieces for the backing.  I was very proud of it.  Then showed it to Mr lookeyloo and he said "can't you see what that is?"  No, what.  A swaztika!  What?????  So now when I do something like that I take a picture and send it to some of my quilting friends just in case.

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

10 pictures:

Can anyone figure out what she is losing her mind about in this pic? It looks like something from Walmart (Mainstays)....but the foil-lined cardboard box? I'm figuring it must be cheapo sheets, and the freak-out is because it implies SEX.

Didn't even look at the dress (not terrible, but of course too big).....was much too distracted by that rat's nest of hair.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Dresses in Target are like $30. She got $500 per kid. You would think Jill would dress the girls nice but nope. Tubby hubby probably ate the $ in Twinkie’s.

You are so right.  I forgot all about the stimulus checks.

You would think Mom Keller would have made the trip but good for her if she didn't. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, drafan said:

Can anyone figure out what she is losing her mind about in this pic? It looks like something from Walmart (Mainstays)....but the foil-lined cardboard box? I'm figuring it must be cheapo sheets, and the freak-out is because it implies SEX

It looks like it may be a hand mixer.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, drafan said:

Can anyone figure out what she is losing her mind about in this pic?

12 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

It looks like it may be a hand mixer.

......condoms?  (Wishful thinking on my part.)

• LOL 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, louannems said:

I know there are four littlest girls.  Janessa, Sopheeeeeeia, Sadie and Olivia.  I know I see Janessa and Sopheeeeeeia, so who is missing?  Olivia or Sadie?  And why?

I think it's actually Janessa or Sofia who is missing? I thought the kid in Jill's arms was Janessa, but honestly Sofia is such a tiny, shrunken-looking little thing, it might be her. See this recent picture of the younger girls-- Janessa actually has a rounder, healthier looking face than Sofia, and Sadie and Olivia are definitely the two in front in the shower pic.

Hannah (I think? the one on the right here, and being used to hide Jill's potential bump in the shower pic) is just so pretty, and her smile seems genuine in a way that the older girls' (and some of the younger ones, for that matter) never do.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I get the vibe the Kellers aren't too enthused about this wedding. 

The Kellers may have figured out the grifting game, which would be unfortunate because Nurie seems like a perfectly nice girl. Her mom on the other hand is batcrap crazy and would be a reason to take out a restraining order.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm hoping very much we were the cause of Jill's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. 

Did they go out to dinner after the shower? Nathan must have been there for a few days, so I bet he paid for all their groceries in addition to the dinner. The Rods are grifters who will bleed Nathan for every penny they can get. Jill is a leech with bad hair and too much makeup. 

Right now, Nathan is getting praise and thinks Jill and David are nice people who appreciate his kindness. Soon, he'll find out he is expected to be a source of steady income for them. 

I completely agree that the Rodriguii are grifters and that they should have treated. As if that would ever happen! I doubt that Nathan has much money. I really hope he & Nurie land in FL near his family. She will be amazed to eat regular meals. I hope she loves her new life away from Mama and that they don't look back. I wonder if they'll have a Dillard type break with Mama and family? 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I am a quilter, and yes, we do lay out the pieces first.  I'm guessing that quilt was made by a very new quilter.  True confession - when I was getting started I used some extra pieces for the backing.  I was very proud of it.  Then showed it to Mr lookeyloo and he said "can't you see what that is?"  No, what.  A swaztika!  What?????  So now when I do something like that I take a picture and send it to some of my quilting friends just in case.

I'm also a quilter and I second this.  If I have any doubts, I draw it out on graph paper and color it with pencil just to be sure.  I have also torn apart and redone more than one quilt where the pattern didn't look right

• Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Would Nathan have gotten his own stimulus check? Not sure,since he still lives with his parents.but isn't a minor.I guess so though,since he works his own biz and pays taxes,so he would've filed.

So I'm guessing the Rods want to go thru HIS check before they touch any of their own money

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I think we've seen the crunchy ballerina dress on the little light-haired girl before. It's might feel princess-y, but it can't be very comfortable. The older daughter in the turquoise dress looks worse, imo, because the blouse is three sizes too big, so the sleeves hang down and cover her hands. I hope she didn't drag those sleeves in any purple icing, or the shrew would have had a fit. 

The girls' dorm closet with the Paris poster above it must be a dark, sad place indeed. The irony of Jill's decorating choices is stunning. 

• Love 4

Nurie does look happy. Her smile reaches her eyes. Nathan seems happy too. I really wish them the best and I hope they can escape Jill and her insane clinging and grifting ways. Nathan.... take Nurie as far away from there as possible! Treat her nicely, give her a nice home and give her food. 

• Love 24

My biggest complaint about the quilt is that some of the blocks have a pattern and some are random. The inconsistency would literally bother the daylights out of me every time I went to bed. 

The little girl in the blue jumper never looks happy. Her smiles are grimaces. At some point the World's Bestest Mama is going to turn that grimace into the toothy fake smiles all the not-Nuries have.