Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I couldn't find that section of the blog. What horrible sinful days? on the blog, it says Jill was saved at 4 years old. She was homeschooled by her fundie religious parents through high school. Then married in her late teens. (Like Joy, Kendra, and Lauren). Maybe David R had a past?

Sorry, my bad.  If you click on Jill, then after it talks about her early years, it says that she did not have a sin filled life. I read it wrong, saw that photo of her looking like she was partying and got the WRONG idea.  Thank goodness.  I was really wondering about how appropriate it was to put that on there.  lol  Oh my.  What a day......But, you know. That photo does seem odd to me.  Reminds me of my partying days. Perhaps, I'm projecting. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Is this photo supposed to be of Jill when she was drunk?  It appears right in that section where they talk about Jill's horrible, sinful days, before she came to Christ   I see that a bag in flour is in the background.  Does that have significance?  There's something about her eyes in that photo. She looks like something is going on.

IMG_0710.jpg

coke_cat_freaks1ub5.jpg

• Love 15
43 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

A made up word by me. My MIL is church lady always churching. She will go to mass three times a day and will go visit any Catholic church that has special masses thus churching all day long.

Oh Merlin, this is was my Mother after my father died.  Shudders

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I couldn't find that section of the blog. What horrible sinful days? on the blog, it says Jill was saved at 4 years old. She was homeschooled by her fundie religious parents through high school. Then married in her late teens. (Like Joy, Kendra, and Lauren). Maybe David R had a past?

My parents went to the fundie church A LOT years ago.  They eventually tapered off as they aged, but, they've started watching LOTS OF PREACHING on tv. And, they're not too picky about who it is either.  SCARY.  lol 

• Love 1

When will these large (and overly large) cindy families all stop trying to be the Von Trapps?  Not every bunch of children has musical talent. In fact, very few of them have musical talent. Or personalities. 

Fundy families!!!

• Love 15
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Is this photo supposed to be of Jill when she was drunk?  It appears right in that section where they talk about Jill's horrible, sinful days, before she came to Christ   I see that a bag in flour is in the background.  Does that have significance?  There's something about her eyes in that photo. She looks like something is going on.

IMG_0710.jpg

She is only drunk on JESUS!

• Love 4
On 3/14/2018 at 6:48 PM, Jules59 said:

If I see that quote attributing shootings in schools to God not being let in one more time, I think I will scream!  Why do evangelicals believe God isn’t allowed in schools?  He is allowed and can be discussed, and students and staff can pray; it just can’t be forced upon people.

I am older - I remember not being able to wear pants to school; however, I don’t ever recall the 10 commandments or prayer being taught.  I learned them in Sunday school or vacation bible school.

The sense of persecution, real or imagined, is essential to the identity of evangelical/fundamentalist Christians. Cults form identity from who they aren't as much as from who they are. Reality need not interfere. 

• Love 8

Those poor, poor children. Their collarbones stick out, they have long skinny necks, and they're so thin, they look like bobblehead dolls with an oversized skull. I'm sure they're skulls are perfectly normal in size, but when sitting atop such thin, pale, and frail bodies, they look big. There is just no possible way those children aren't malnourished. Jill and Chimp very much remind me of those other fundie parents who were just arrested for severe child abuse of their dozen plus children. 

My sincere prayer is that the oldest son breaks free and takes his siblings with him. He needs to report his parents as soon as he starts this Christian college he's going to. I'm sure there is a pay phone somewhere he could use. 

Do we know what town they live in? 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Wasn't there some post about how she was so blessed that her older children were giving up meals so that she could eat for the baby.  I was like WTF???  That is just wrong on so many levels.

In her last blog post that I posted, Jill says that there just not enough people having children.......so it's her mission to birthout as my children for Jesus as she can. So she has a ton of children she can't feed properly but in her mind making more to serve is more important that taking care of the ones she has.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

IMG_0710.jpg

There is truly nothing behind their eyes...and he looks like he breathes through the gap in his teeth.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

In her last blog post that I posted, Jill says that there just not enough people having children.......so it's her mission to birthout as my children for Jesus as she can. So she has a ton of children she can't feed properly but in her mind making more to serve is more important that taking care of the ones she has.

But she can feed herself and her husband rather well .

• Love 11
56 minutes ago, lianau said:

But she can feed herself and her husband rather well .

Her husband is a porker.  Why doesn't she force him to drink that diet drink she peddles? 

David.jpg

• Love 5

It's funny how Michelle's style is stuck in the 80s, and JRod won't leave the 90s. Bad hair and makeup aside, they're both very attractive women. They probably could've done better than the nutters they settled for.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Wasn't there some post about how she was so blessed that her older children were giving up meals so that she could eat for the baby.  I was like WTF???  That is just wrong on so many levels.

I read this as “so she could eat the baby “. Ugh, these people make your mind go weird places. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Her husband is a porker.  Why doesn't she force him to drink that diet drink she peddles? 

Because the woman has to stay slim and attractive even after birthing umpteen babies for Jesus, but the head of household can do whatever he wants.

I don't follow these nutjobs, but seeing photos of the children I think a visit from CPS would be in order.   She actually brags that the kids eat less so she can feed the fetus?  SMH...

• Love 5

Yeah, there was something about the children sacrificing a chicken leg for the next baby (ie. Jill's gestation). I don't remember the exact wording, but there was definitely a chicken leg involved.

• Love 5

They are like fundie white trash.  They like to cast aspersions on how women dress, but OMG the amount of makeup that she and her daughter wear are ridiculous!  Heavy caked on 80s makeup.  I think the daughter is what?  17-18? 

Edited by DkNNy79
daughter, not doctor
  • Love 15
20 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, there was something about the children sacrificing a chicken leg for the next baby (ie. Jill's gestation). I don't remember the exact wording, but there was definitely a chicken leg involved.

"When we tell our children that we are expecting another sibling, it is LITERALLY the HAPPIEST time I almost EVER witness in our home!  Why? Doesn’t it mean one less “chicken leg” for them to eat? Perhaps one less frivoulous item that we can’t afford to buy for them? A Mama who will need lots of extra help during the “sick” months of my pregnancy? Yes…all of the above. But, if that is our focus in life…..a temporal moment of satisfaction, then I have failed in raising up a generation that focuses on the eternal. Another SOUL to raise up for the GLORY of God, is SO TOTALLY eternal!"

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3315

• Love 8
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Because the woman has to stay slim and attractive even after birthing umpteen babies for Jesus, but the head of household can do whatever he wants.

I don't follow these nutjobs, but seeing photos of the children I think a visit from CPS would be in order.   She actually brags that the kids eat less so she can feed the fetus?  SMH...

They technically reside in West Virginia. They’re not OxyContin addicts, so they’re basically parents of the year!

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Mollie said:

"When we tell our children that we are expecting another sibling, it is LITERALLY the HAPPIEST time I almost EVER witness in our home!  Why? Doesn’t it mean one less “chicken leg” for them to eat? Perhaps one less frivoulous item that we can’t afford to buy for them? A Mama who will need lots of extra help during the “sick” months of my pregnancy? Yes…all of the above. But, if that is our focus in life…..a temporal moment of satisfaction, then I have failed in raising up a generation that focuses on the eternal. Another SOUL to raise up for the GLORY of God, is SO TOTALLY eternal!"

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3315

Yep, that's the one. She really needs to STFU.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Mollie said:

According to Jill R., her son Timothy started fasting one day a week when he was 16-years-old.  Jill thought it was because he wanted to get closer to God.  Maybe it was because he didn't want to look like his father David.

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2449

David.jpg

Curiously, the suburbs DSL went on the fritz when that photo was taken.

IMG_0496.jpg

How many stains can you count in David’s shirt? I see 8.

• Love 9
On 3/14/2018 at 8:23 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Does she realize there have been shootings in churches too?

I wonder how she explains Heath High in Paducah, KY where a 14-year-old opened fire on a prayer circle at Heath High School, killing three dedicated young Christian girls?

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

I wonder how she explains Heath High in Paducah, KY where a 14-year-old opened fire on a prayer circle at Heath High School, killing three dedicated young Christian girls?

This is why she turns off comments on her blog and set her FB to friends only. She also checks FB profiles before accepting "friends," turning down anyone she deems suspicious. She can't handle criticism. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

Jill and Chimpy look like they've liberated their starving son from some terrible captivity and are holding him up so he can walk away. The irony is that this is their doing. The poor children are victims in their imaginary religious war. Jill and her overstuffed hubby don't seem to be suffering too much.

• Love 19
11 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

How many months preggers is David?  If someone needs one less chicken leg, I think we have a winner.

I know, I was about to say that he look more pregnant than Jill does in any of her photos.  That son of theirs would fit into 1 leg of his fathers' pants!  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

I'm like "Family flour"??? What the heck is family flour?

I think that bag is a reproduction of a vintage White Lilly flour bag. That is a regional brand in the south. It's high quality flour and the only kind I buy. I really can tell a difference in baked goods when I use it.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Luvmy300zx said:

I think that bag is a reproduction of a vintage White Lilly flour bag. That is a regional brand in the south. It's high quality flour and the only kind I buy. I really can tell a difference in baked goods when I use it.

My grandmother uses it too! We no longer live where it is available,  and she stocks up on it every year when she returns home. I agree you can tell the difference. 

I'd venture to say Jill's poor kids don't get to eat anything made out of it. :(

• Love 3

Chimpy went hunting for deer. I think he caught at least two if not three. Everyone was telling Jill on her FB page what a blessing that would be to her family. If they do indeed have meat to eat why do those kids look so unhealthy?

• Love 2

So I saw on another J-Rod focused thread that there is a theory that Plexus could have caused the baby’s in-utero stroke?  Supposedly that crap has a lot of caffeine in it and caffeine may be linked to fetal strokes. That’s supposedly why they warn pregnant women to steer clear of coffee and highly caffeinated drinks. At least, my docs did.  

It also said in the thread that she drinks it like water.  So instead of feeding the kids properly (sorry not sorry...skinny genetics aside these kids are looking just plain malnourished) and having good prenatal care, she pays an arm and a leg to guzzle gallons of this MLM crap that (I’ve read) can cause kidney damage?  Or a host of other issues?  

...and why would a pregnant woman drink something that is supposedly a weight loss supplement?  

Those poor kids. 

• Love 14