Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Finally watched the baby shower video all the way through. Wow.  You could tell Pris was getting a little upset when the kids were talking through her directions for her hot dip. She finally ended up talking over them so I missed most of the recipe. I think I would have had the guests sign something other than a onesie. Seems difficult to me. How would they get all the signatures on something that size? Fabric markers would have been better than Sharpies. I thought it was funny at the end when Dave says Children are a blessing.  He said it like he was leaving Chuck E Cheese's  after being there all day- like he had to keep reminding himself. 

Did they do a video of the house after the construction was completed? I would love to see a House tour.  Could someone provide a link if there is one?  Too lazy to scroll thru their website. Thanks.

ETA- How did I forget about the decorations made out of tissue paper wrapped around rolls of toilet paper?  Pris even mentioned she got idea from MEchelle. These were mentioned in Small Talk thread.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 3

Party guests signing a onesie would be something destined straight for the trash bin around here.  If you use it and wash it, then it becomes a faded mess.  I would never put something like that on a child and it certainly would never be a keepsake.  But then I don't do schmaltz either.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Finally watched the baby shower video all the way through. Wow.  You could tell Pris was getting a little upset when the kids were talking through her directions for her hot dip. She finally ended up talking over them so I missed most of the recipe. I think I would have had the guests sign something other than a onesie. Seems difficult to me. How would they get all the signatures on something that size? Fabric markers would have been better than Sharpies. I thought it was funny at the end when Dave says Children are a blessing.  He said it like he was leaving Chuck E Cheese's  after being there all day- like he had to keep reminding himself. 

Did they do a video of the house after the construction was completed? I would love to see a House tour.  Could someone provide a link if there is one?  Too lazy to scroll thru their website. Thanks.

ETA- How did I forget about the decorations made out of tissue paper wrapped around rolls of toilet paper?  Pris even mentioned she got idea from MEchelle. These were mentioned in Small Talk thread.

I was thinking about the shower video, the one with Michelle and one she did with Anna years ago.  I think Priscilla really loves the camera, loves to preach to the "heathens" and has a great desire for a bit of fame and love.  It's possible that she's even envious that Anna had that opportunity and that Smuggar blew it for her.  TFDW would never have done such a thing.  Couple that with how she linked marriage to him as Jesus going to the cross (something like that), and you have a martyr for the Lord who wants the attention she "deserves". 

• Love 5
On 3/2/2018 at 11:08 PM, MichaelaRae said:

Oh, you KNOW they tipped the "looks like currency but is actually a Bible tract" because they are EXACTLY the kind of assholes who think The Word will pay the fucking bills when you're making less than minimum wage and count on ACTUAL TIPS to make your rent.

These are the worst & SO infuriating.  These people also likely look down on the servers for actually working instead of owning their own ministries/businesses & grifting for love offerings.  People who give out those money-Bible-tracts wouldn't last a day doing the hard work servers do. 

• Love 20
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, BetyBee said:

I was thinking about the shower video, the one with Michelle and one she did with Anna years ago.  I think Priscilla really loves the camera, loves to preach to the "heathens" and has a great desire for a bit of fame and love.  It's possible that she's even envious that Anna had that opportunity and that Smuggar blew it for her.  TFDW would never have done such a thing.  Couple that with how she linked marriage to him as Jesus going to the cross (something like that), and you have a martyr for the Lord who wants the attention she "deserves". 

Not to be rude to fans of the book but Priscilla and Anna remind of Little Women!  Priscilla would be Beth and Anna would be Amy.  Anna's sister Esther can be Meg.  Luckily, no one reminds me of Jo.

35 minutes ago, Temperance said:

New blog post up from Jill R. 

My head hurts after reading that without being properly hydrated with tequilla first.  Also the kids is going to Bible college to study Missionary Aviation?  WTF is that?

• Love 8

Oh, poor, deluded Jill...

So much wrong with that blog post, so little time. I will, however, challenge her story about the former Muslim preacher. He's about as real as the drag queen at the BAD Olive Garden.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

My head hurts after reading that without being properly hydrated with tequilla first.  Also the kids is going to Bible college to study Missionary Aviation?  WTF is that?

Piloting small planes in Africa to harass the Natives into following  the right kind of White Jesus ?

• Love 13

Fourthed as to the 10 Commandments or Bible not taught at my public school back in the 70's. But you know what? Kids were more than welcome to join Young Life and other Christian lunchtime or after school clubs. Just as long as Jill will be so accommodating to the Muslim club or the Jewish one. 

Not gonna happen. 

I'm not even going to start on the gun shit. She's sure up on her memes, isn't she?

Edited by Sew Sumi
third agreement snuck in as I typed.
  • Love 6

She picked a flower off her dinner plate and stuck it in her hair?  I’m just picturing all the other diners going WTF?

Jill, stop bragging about your stupid date nights when your children look like they haven’t had a good meal in weeks. Selfish cow. Actually, that’s an insult to bovines. 

• Love 18
24 minutes ago, Kbo said:

She picked a flower off her dinner plate and stuck it in her hair?  I’m just picturing all the other diners going WTF?

Jill, stop bragging about your stupid date nights when your children look like they haven’t had a good meal in weeks. Selfish cow. Actually, that’s an insult to bovines. 

I can just see their server.  OMG, the blonde chick on table 42 just took the EDIBLE flowers of of the xxx plate and stuck them in her hair.  SERIOUSLY!

2nd server - Dude you are so screwed.  There's no way anyone that dumb is going to leave you a tip.   

Said as a former server  :-)

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Love 20
26 minutes ago, Kbo said:

I would never put something off my plate into my hair, but I also don't expect JRod to know that that orchid was an edible garnish.

Why do all the Rodrigues girls look like they're about 60? I had awkward teenage years, but geez.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm kind of old. The Ten Commandments nor the Bible was taught in my public schools.

I always find that interesting because we in Germany have religion as a normal subject ( split into catholic and protestant) in public schools and that's where I learnt the 10 commandments or the apostles creed .  I remember in 5th grade we were building little houses with holes in the roof so the friends of the paralyzed person could let him reach Jesus down below . So it was prayers and bible stories  and later discussions for or against the death penalty  for example .

• Love 1

I know it has been said before, and will definitely be said again, but the Rodrigues children are very unfortunate looking.  On the blog, the only one who looks semi-decent is the little girl holding the keyboard.  The rest have horrible hair, big teeth and look so malnourished I am sure they would eat their way through the computer screen if they knew someone had chocolate on the other end.  

That blog was so horrible to read through, even worse than some of the persuasive essays my year 7s gave me today to help them edit!  

• Love 3

I feel so bad for those poor children. They look so malnourished, unable to be dressed appropriately for the beach, and being homeschooled by someone with the writing ability and maturity level of a fourth grader.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Heathen said:

The Fabulous David Waller (I always read it as the Flaming David Waller). 

Thank you! I kept reading it as the Fucking David Waller, but I knew that wasn't right. Flaming seems...appropriate. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

I feel so bad for those poor children. They look so malnourished, unable to be dressed appropriately for the beach, and being homeschooled by someone with the writing ability and maturity level of a fourth grader.

Yes.  How one boy managed to get into ANY college is beyond me.

1 hour ago, Heathen said:

The Fabulous David Waller (I always read it as the Flaming David Waller). 

I always hear FABULOUS! in my head as one of my very Gay friends says it.  :-)

39 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Mile high club?

You owe me a new keyboard.  Snort.

32 minutes ago, Temperance said:

crop-dusting with tracts?

I can totally see that which is scary.

I doubt that even a GED is required at some of those Christian diploma mills. The Joyful Notes school is beyond substandard. I base this assessment on what Jill herself has posted about their homeschooling. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

Brace YOURself!!! This will BE scary. Punctuated oddly, with RANDOM caps and lots of "FEELINGS"  ??❤❤

???

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com

Is this photo supposed to be of Jill when she was drunk?  It appears right in that section where they talk about Jill's horrible, sinful days, before she came to Christ   I see that a bag in flour is in the background.  Does that have significance?  There's something about her eyes in that photo. She looks like something is going on.

IMG_0710.jpg

Merlin, help me.  Looking at the wall, did they go on some crazy tour of a flour museum?  Because nothing says date night like let's go look at flour.  

Shudders - I would have to be MORE than drunk to sleep with her husband.  Just, yea.  

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It appears right in that section where they talk about Jill's horrible, sinful days, before she came to Christ   

I couldn't find that section of the blog. What horrible sinful days? on the blog, it says Jill was saved at 4 years old. She was homeschooled by her fundie religious parents through high school. Then married in her late teens. (Like Joy, Kendra, and Lauren). Maybe David R had a past?

Edited by Temperance
to clarify which David I meant
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Churching?

A made up word by me. My MIL is church lady always churching. She will go to mass three times a day and will go visit any Catholic church that has special masses thus churching all day long.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I couldn't find that section of the blog. What horrible sinful days? on the blog, it says Jill was saved at 4 years old. She was homeschooled by her fundie religious parents through high school. Then married in her late teens. (Like Joy, Kendra, and Lauren). Maybe David R had a past?

I think that it was a joke. That said, I don't think Chimpy was saved until he was in his late teens. I forget his backstory.

38 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Merlin, help me.  Looking at the wall, did they go on some crazy tour of a flour museum?  Because nothing says date night like let's go look at flour.  

Shudders - I would have to be MORE than drunk to sleep with her husband.  Just, yea.  

I feel like that's some restaurant's idea of decoration.  Maybe a barbecue place?  The bag is puzzling, but the stuff on the walls I can definitely see as someone's idea at "homespun" decor.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think that it was a joke. That said, I don't think Chimpy was saved until he was in his late teens. I forget his backstory.

If I recall the details correctly, David did have a "partying past" (I don't think details have ever been given about this, so it could be just as simple as that he went on dates with girls who wore pants). He was saved at the mall by a dude handing out tracts. Which is why David is now in the tract printing business. 

• Love 8