Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I've been saying there is something different about #13. Jill hasn't even named her. I don't think she wants anything to do with this baby. One disabled person in her life is enough.

She also doesn't have to care for poor broken Amy herself . She can use her to grift without any work on her part . 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, according to a FJ poster who still has access to her FB posts, she's somewhere in PA now, 38 weeks pregnant. The doctor says he/she will induce at 39 weeks. WTF is she doing traveling so close to her due date with such a fragile pregnancy situation? It's like she actually wants this pregnancy to fail. Fucking moron. 

Failed pregnancy = dead baby = lots of attention and grift for poor, grieving Stormy Jill and Chimp Face, plus SJ won't have to put forth any effort to caring for a newborn with special needs. Bonus all around! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Failed pregnancy = dead baby = lots of attention and grift for poor, grieving Stormy Jill and Chimp Face, plus SJ won't have to put forth any effort to caring for a newborn with special needs. Bonus all around! 

I can't imagine the martyr complex she'll put on if this baby doesn't make it. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I can't imagine the martyr complex she'll put on if this baby doesn't make it. 

I hope the baby not only makes it - the doctors call Jill and Chimpy on their sh *t, take a look at the other kids and everyone is removed from their "care" and then the IRS can look at them

• Love 21
6 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I hope the baby not only makes it - the doctors call Jill and Chimpy on their sh *t, take a look at the other kids and everyone is removed from their "care" and then the IRS can look at them

That is a possibility if she goes into labor while they are traveling.  Jill was lucky she found one doctor who is willing to overlook her poor parenting, but if the whole family shows up at a hospital, who knows what could happen?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Doctor is going to induce at 39 weeks, which I think is almost upon us. The FJ mole says that it looks like baby has dropped.

Wow - a DOCTOR.  That means she's smarter than the Duggar girls so far - that's just scary.

Also what is FJ?  Sorry behind on my coffee today.

• Love 6
Just now, DragonFaerie said:

Wow - a DOCTOR.  That means she's smarter than the Duggar girls so far - that's just scary.

Also what is FJ?  Sorry behind on my coffee today.

FJ is a Duggar snark site called Free Jinger. 

Jill is at an much older  age and has been pregnant so much that her pregnancy is much higher risk than the Duggar girls. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Temperance said:

FJ is a Duggar snark site called Free Jinger. 

Jill is at an much older  age and has been pregnant so much that her pregnancy is much higher risk than the Duggar girls. 

7 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Plus Jill's fetus had a stroke (supposedly) in utero so will probably need immediate NICU care. 

Very true to all above, I was just shocked to hear she is using a Doctor.  And thank goodness she is.  

• Love 4

When was Jill R born again? I feel like she is plausibly younger than me, but she looks way older than me. (I'm 40.)

Edited by madpsych78
I'm older! Jill was born November 3, 1978.

Jill was a high school senior in 1997 so that means she had to be between 16-19 - using large margins there.  Meaning she would now be between  37 - 40.  And I think there are mornings I look rode hard and put up wet and I look better than her at 50 - holy f!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She's delivered the last several at the hospital. I guess the change came after her supposedly SEVERE miscarriages. 

I'm curious about her definition of a SEVERE miscarriage.   How is it different than a regular miscarriage?   I just don't get it, but that doesn't surprise me as I don't get her in general.   

• Love 5

Of course Jill is going to a hospital to have the baby. Jill is all about Jill, so of course she wants the best care for herself.  Jill isn't going allow Jill to receive her medical treatment from the likes of a Duggar "midwife."

(I'm making fun of Jill's narcissism here, but trust I 110% believe that every woman should get the best licensed, medical practitioners available, especially women who have high-risk pregnancies, etc.  So...good for Jill for taking care of Jill instead of martyring herself (& possibly baby) with a home birth given her age, baby's issues, etc.)

19 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

The fact that Jill has gotten doctor's care during her pregnancy makes her so much smarter than the Duggars.  It seems they likely get none, so if there were problems like what happened to Jill's baby, the Duggar girls wouldn't even know.  The Duggars can't even trust their family "midwife" Jill to be able to tell if the baby is breach. 

• Love 7

I just realized something. Weddings for these girls are like going to the prom for the rest of us! Dressing up, looking pretty, getting pictures taken, etc....

And since they don’t get the prom experience, this is the whole thing ( prom, graduation, wedding and of course, all night grad party (aka wedding night) and senior trip (honeymoon) !!

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, Vacantsmile3 said:

In other news... Alyssa Bates had her baby! 

Holy crap! Am I reading this correctly? She had that baby yesterday and looks like that today? OMG

((That personalized baby blanket is awesome. Where do you get such a thing?))

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, she had her baby? I feel like she hasn't even been pregnant that long.

Alyssa waits a few months to announce rather than making it public as soon as she knows.   She really does recover exceptionally quickly from childbirth.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, drafan said:

Holy crap! Am I reading this correctly? She had that baby yesterday and looks like that today? OMG

The blankets are super popular now and rightfully so. I want one with my name on it!

Maci from Teen Mom was given one for Maverick and thanked the manufacturer on her Instagram page. If you have the time to peruse her page, that'll provide you with at least one company who makes them. I will try and get the name myself because I should've bookmarked it and it'll drive me crazy if I can't recall who makes them.

Also, if you Google "personalized fleece baby blankets", you should find a few companies to at least compare prices, styles and sizes. I know I've seen some beautiful ones on Etsy as well, which you can shop for via Amazon. 

UPDATE: @Fuzzysox and @drafan 

Check out Shophighway3 on Instagram for personalized fleece blankets. Their actual website is https://shophighway3.com/

They’re even more beautiful than I remembered. (I don’t have kids, I don’t have Instagram and I’m not sponsored by them! I’m just a sucker for personalized/monogrammed items.) 

Edited by Bridget
Found the web site
  • Love 2
On 3/28/2018 at 10:47 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Doctor is going to induce at 39 weeks, which I think is almost upon us. The FJ mole says that it looks like baby has dropped.

Do you think she's annoyed by the fact that she's got a mole or is she enjoying it that people find her that important ?

22 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I'm curious about her definition of a SEVERE miscarriage.   How is it different than a regular miscarriage?   I just don't get it, but that doesn't surprise me as I don't get her in general.   

A SEVERE miscarriage gives you more martyr points.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, drafan said:

Maybe Michaela?

**just read another post and didn't realize it was fleece. So it wouldn't be Michaela.

Edited by Fuzzysox
13 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

I just realized something. Weddings for these girls are like going to the prom for the rest of us! Dressing up, looking pretty, getting pictures taken, etc....

And since they don’t get the prom experience, this is the whole thing ( prom, graduation, wedding and of course, all night grad party (aka wedding night) and senior trip (honeymoon) !!

I've thought the same thing since the Dillard's wedding.  Derick kept exclaiming how beautiful Jill was during their First Look.  I realized all the hoopla was because they had probably never seen each other that dressed up  (like going to the Prom or fancy dance) or had been to places that required them to wear more formal clothes. (Especially in the case of frumpy Jill.)

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 4

Alyssa Webster is just a Duggar with cleaner clothes and slightly less rigid beliefs. This is, what, three kids in less than three years? And she can't be more than 22 or 23. 

Edited by Heathen
To change surname from Bates to Webster
  • Love 7
Just now, Heathen said:

Alyssa Bates is just a Duggar with cleaner clothes and slightly less rigid beliefs. This is, what, three kids in less than three years? And she can't be more than 22 or 23. 

She got married at 19 and was pregnant within six months, so yes, I don't think she's any older than 23-ish. Erin's also on her third kid within three years. Even the Duggar girls can't match that pace. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

She got married at 19 and was pregnant within six months, so yes, I don't think she's any older than 23-ish. Erin's also on her third kid within three years. Even the Duggar girls can't match that pace. 

I can picture JB not happy another family is beating him in the grandchildren race. Of course, most normal grandparents would be more concerned about the mother and baby's health and well being instead of how many they have.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

I can picture JB not happy another family is beating him in the grandchildren race. Of course, most normal grandparents would be more concerned about the mother and baby's health and well being instead of how many they have.

Pshaw. It’s all about quantity, not quality. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That pretty much summarizes the Duggars' approach to everything in life.

I wonder if that is their approach to doing you know what. I guess it could since their way of thinking is practice makes progress, and progress makes babies. I will bring the pizza, chocolate, ice cream, root beer, and cheese cake to the closet.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I wonder if that is their approach to doing you know what. I guess it could since their way of thinking is practice makes progress, and progress makes babies. I will bring the pizza, chocolate, ice cream, root beer, and cheese cake to the closet.

Didn't J'chelle once say something along the lines of "it doesn't take long, or it's over quickly?"

I've got bbq'ed ribs and fried apps with tequilla for the prayer closet

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I wonder if that is their approach to doing you know what. I guess it could since their way of thinking is practice makes progress, and progress makes babies.

Aaaaaaaand there goes my apetite......

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wasn't she even younger, just 18? I remember thinking that she was marrying young even by fundie/Duggar/Bates standards. And then had her first baby less than a year later. 

I think she was just past her 19th birthday when they married.Think Kendrab's age and subsequent fertility.

Edit: Alyssa was about 19 1/2 when she married. Her birthday is in November, so she's now  23y 4m with 3 kids under 3 (for about two weeks).

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

Alyssa looks great and seems to recover quickly but if she keeps up this pace she will hit a wall.  Having so many babies that close together does catch up to you eventually.  I gather from her Instagram posts that looking good is quite important to her.  I predict that the first time it takes her longer than 5 minutes to get her figure back she will shut down the baby factory. 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 7

Erin went at 36 weeks, just as I predicted I just thought they would be a few days later since Alyssa never went early before, and her due date was 4/2, At any rate, I knew these two were going to arrive together. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1