Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I do believe Kelly Bates was/is a believer in "natural childbirth", but under the care of skilled MDs. I remember Whitney shyly and a little bit fearfully saying she wanted pain relief while laboring with their first born in the hospital and Kelly giving her blessing.

That's so messed up.  Whitney does not need Kelly's "blessing". to have an epidural.  I hope my writing this doesn't jinx anything, but Zach and Whitney's little girl is almost 2 and there has been no "announcement".   Plus she has a part time job, and Zach is an actual police officer, not a pretend one like JD Duggar was for 5 minutes..  Baby steps...

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill just attempting a VBAC at home shows poor judgement, IMO.

Not only poor judgement, but illegal in Arkansas.  No home VBAC with a midwife in charge in that state.  And one would think, I know, I know, look who I'm talking about, that as a fake,poor midwife, they would have covered that.  It might even have been on the test.

• Love 6
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Heathen said:

What exactly is her condition? 

I used to know the name, but it's essentially a blood clotting (or lack of) condition. She needs the shots to clot her blood, otherwise, she'd obviously bleed out. I forget why the condition causes miscarriages, but she was pretty easily diagnosed once she'd had a few miscarriages in rather quick succession. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I apologize to Erin. I thought her condition was life-threatening, but I was wrong. I will double check info next time.

After scouring the net, I don't believe her blood-clotting disorder has been idenitified by name by Erin, or her family. 

24 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Not only poor judgement, but illegal in Arkansas.  No home VBAC with a midwife in charge in that state.  And one would think, I know, I know, look who I'm talking about, that as a fake,poor midwife, they would have covered that.  It might even have been on the test.

It would be illegal for the midwife to be there, but not for Jill to try to have a homebirth.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I like snug pants on men because I’m a heathen. Lol. 

Though much has to do with the actual man in question.

Edited to add, I like men in kilts as well, but the mental image of any Duggar male in one does zilch for my libido...

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

The first bolded part (1) is speculation. We don't what happened with Sam. We only know she tried to have a home birth and ended up at the hospital. Then Sammy was there for two weeks.  We don't why. It could be complications that are genetic or accidental. Israel showed signs of fetal distress, particularly the meconium which can be deadly. But that doesn't mean that Sam's complications could be prevented. 

It's also speculation that Jill was the only midwife with Joy.  An unidentified blonde woman was caught on camera and she could have been another/different midwife. I

(2)Jill thinks she was raised perfectly. She still follows whatever her parents want. For her to change, she would have to realise her upbringing was lacking and she doesn't.  She's not going to do things differently unless it can be proven to her that her parents were wrong. 

(3) As I understand Erin's Bates condition, (not much), the health risks are in being and getting pregnant. Sometimes. the assumption that all the risks in pregnancy come with labor, but sometimes being pregnant itslef can be a health risk. Erin seems to be risking her life, because of her upbringing.  That doesn't sound to me like she's grown out of her upbringing and it's not that different than Jill imo. 

1) Well, of course it is. This board is pretty much *all* speculation, based on a heavily edited TV show and a series of puff pieces in celebrity magazines. In my case, it’s informed speculation about what is likely to have happened after a woman a) attempts a VBAC at home with only illegal lay attendants present, b) presents at the hospital after 40 hours of said attempt, c) has a C-section and d) delivers a full-term infant who then spends 2 weeks in the NICU but shows no ongoing signs of any congenital or systemic health problems that might have already been present in utero. Is it possible that Sammy was peachy-keen, that Jill’s appearance at the hospital and C-section were due to her own fatigue, and that complications completely unrelated to the botched homebirth then put Sam in the NICU for 2 weeks without leaving any long-term manifestations? Sure. Is it likely? No. Occam’s razor and all that.  Even if I were to give Jill the benefit of every doubt I’ve ever had, and assume that Sam’s health problems had nothing to do with her 40 hour VBAC labor at home without qualified attendants, it would still be the case that it was stupid of her to attempt that in the first place. Excusable, perhaps, in an uneducated woman with no health knowledge. But this is someone who holds herself out as not only a midwife, but a licensed professional midwife. She should’ve known better. As to Joy’s labor, who cares if she was the only midwife present? The point is that a breech baby is a common, easily-recognized complication of pregnancy that can often be corrected before labor if it is noticed. Jill apparently never picked up on the fact that the baby was breech. The fact that there may have been other attendants present does not excuse her failure. If you want to call yourself a midwife, you have to expect to be held to a certain standard of care. 

2) That was basically my point. She has no critical thinking skills or common sense.

3) My understanding was that Erin‘s coagulation disorder caused miscarriage and potentially serious complications *if not properly treated.*  Erin got proper treatment. She is smart enough to have sought out actual medical care for her condition and has followed medical recommendations about pregnancy, birth, and postpartum care. That’s the difference between her and Jill. No competent doctor would have told Jill “hey, you should totally attempt a VBAC at home without qualified medical personnel present for your next kid!”  I have to assume that somewhere along the line, someone did their job and warned her of the risks. She disregarded them, again despite being what she claims is a licensed professional midwife. 

Edited by mynextmistake
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

1) Well, of course it is. This board is pretty much *all* speculation, based on a heavily edited TV show and a series of puff pieces in celebrity magazines. In my case, it’s informed speculation about what is likely to have happened after a woman a) attempts a VBAC at home with only illegal lay attendants present, b) presents at the hospital after 40 hours of said attempt, c) has a C-section and d) delivers a full-term infant who then spends 2 weeks in the NICU but shows no ongoing signs of any congenital or systemic health problems that might have already been present in utero. Is it possible that Sammy was peachy-keen, that Jill’s appearance at the hospital and C-section were due to her own fatigue, and that complications completely unrelated to the botched homebirth then put Sam in the NICU for 2 weeks without leaving any long-term manifestations? Sure. Is it likely? No. Occam’s razor and all that.  Even if I were to give Jill the benefit of every doubt I’ve ever had, and assume that Sam’s health problems had nothing to do with her 40 hour VBAC labor at home without qualified attendants, it would still be the case that it was stupid of her to attempt that in the first place. Excusable, perhaps, in an uneducated woman with no health knowledge. But this is someone who holds herself out as not only a midwife, but a licensed professional midwife. She should’ve known better. As to Joy’s labor, who cares if she was the only midwife present? The point is that a breech baby is a common, easily-recognized complication of pregnancy that can often be corrected before labor if it is noticed. Jill apparently never picked up on the fact that the baby was breech. The fact that there may have been other attendants present does not excuse her failure. If you want to call yourself a midwife, you have to expect to be held to a certain standard of care. 

2) That was basically my point. She has no critical thinking skills or common sense.

3) I don’t know enough about Erin’s condition to judge whether she is being a moron by having multiple children.  What I do know is that she is smart enough to have sought out actual medical care for her condition and has followed medical recommendations about pregnancy, birth, and postpartum care. That’s the difference between her and Jill. No competent doctor would have told Jill “hey, you should totally attempt a VBAC at home without qualified medical personnel present for your next kid!”  I have to assume that somewhere along the line, someone did their job and warned her of the risks. She disregarded them, again despite being what she claims is a licensed professional midwife. That’s the difference. 

Amen!

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:

3) My understanding was that Erin‘s coagulation disorder caused miscarriage and potentially serious complications *if not properly treated.*  Erin got proper treatment. She is smart enough to have sought out actual medical care for her condition and has followed medical recommendations about pregnancy, birth, and postpartum care. That’s the difference between her and Jill. No competent doctor would have told Jill “hey, you should totally attempt a VBAC at home without qualified medical personnel present for your next kid!”  I have to assume that somewhere along the line, someone did their job and warned her of the risks. She disregarded them, again despite being what she claims is a licensed professional midwife. 

You're right about almost all of this. 

1) It's hard to say whether Sam has any long-term manifestations. The Duggars for years insisted Josie was very healthy. I don't know when they first admitted she had seizures, but the first televised seizure occured when she was five/six years old. I hope Sam is healthy and happy, but we don't know at this point. I admit I had forgotten she had been in labor forty hours.

3) I had apologized to Erin for overstating the health risks. I don't have any professional knowledge nor do I know the condition she actually has. I still she could avoid possibly serious complications by not having a dozen kids, but that's her decision based on her upbringing. She is taking lesser risks, but they are risks that could be avoided.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I used to know the name, but it's essentially a blood clotting (or lack of) condition. She needs the shots to clot her blood, otherwise, she'd obviously bleed out. I forget why the condition causes miscarriages, but she was pretty easily diagnosed once she'd had a few miscarriages in rather quick succession. 

It was identified by Dr. Vick as PAI-1, and is the opposite of what you describe--a clotting disorder for which heparin shots are prescribed to thin the blood (which Chad administered SQ).

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Temperance said:

You're right about almost all of this. 

1) It's hard to say whether Sam has any long-term manifestations. The Duggars for years insisted Josie was very healthy. I don't know when they first admitted she had seizures, but the first televised seizure occured when she was five/six years old. I hope Sam is healthy and happy, but we don't know at this point. I admit I had forgotten she had been in labor forty hours.

3) I had apologized to Erin for overstating the health risks. I don't have any professional knowledge nor do I know the condition she actually has. I still she could avoid possibly serious complications by not having a dozen kids, but that's her decision based on her upbringing. She is taking lesser risks, but they are risks that could be avoided.

Fair point. I am going on what we’ve seen, which is what appears to be a healthy, normally-developing infant. It’s possible he has health problems that are hidden. I guess I would have expected to have seen a prayer request or two if that were the case, but maybe not. 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, graefin said:

It was identified by Dr. Vick as PAI-1, and is the opposite of what you describe--a clotting disorder for which heparin shots are prescribed to thin the blood (which Chad administered SQ).

Oops! I thought she needed help clotting, not the other way around. At least I got the heparin shots right. LOL

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I remember a You Tube video of Michelle discussing her pregnancies, labors and deliveries. She stressed a pregnant woman should take care of herself by eating well and getting good prenatal care and prattled on about the Bradley Method. She had 19 kids and most of them in the hospital. Jill, Jessa and Joy did not learn the barefoot, pregnant, squat in the woods routine from her.

Jill just attempting a VBAC at home shows poor judgement, IMO.

I do believe Kelly Bates was/is a believer in "natural childbirth", but under the care of skilled MDs. I remember Whitney shyly and a little bit fearfully saying she wanted pain relief while laboring with their first born in the hospital and Kelly giving her blessing.

I specifically remember Kelly having an epidural with her last baby.  She said something about being to old to deal with that level of pain again.  

I remember Erin saying straight out she was getting an epidural before labor with her first child, because she did not tolerate pain well. I think her labor progressed very quickly so she missed her epidural window. I have no idea if she had one with her next two kids.

• Love 1

Erin got her epidural with Brooklyn. No reports on Everly's delivery yet. She had the placental abrubtion with Carson and her labor from start to delivery was all of two hours. She said it was one big, unrelenting labor pain with absolutely no let up to rest. 

• Love 5

So if I got this right, all the pregnant children of Gil and Kelly had prenatal care and planned hospital births and the pregnant children of JB & M had questionable prenatal care and about half of their birth plans went awry. 

All of the married Bates couples have a working adult and none of the married Duggar couples do, except maybe Jeremy.

All of the adult female Bates furthered their education and none of the adult Duggar females did, except Jill's fake midwifery. 

Both families seemed to have found Gothard early in their marriages and bought into it hook, line and sinker. Both have TV series. Both have 19 children. Both had some sort of buddy arrangement. Both had/have courtships, accountability partners and short engagements.

JB and Gil both have competitive sides. I wonder who thinks their kids have launched into adulthood with the most success.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So if I got this right, all the pregnant children of Gil and Kelly had prenatal care and planned hospital births and the pregnant children of JB & M had questionable prenatal care and about half of their birth plans went awry. 

All of the married Bates couples have a working adult and none of the married Duggar couples do, except maybe Jeremy.

All of the adult female Bates furthered their education and none of the adult Duggar females did, except Jill's fake midwifery. 

Both families seemed to have found Gothard early in their marriages and bought into it hook, line and sinker. Both have TV series. Both have 19 children. Both had some sort of buddy arrangement. Both had/have courtships, accountability partners and short engagements.

JB and Gil both have competitive sides. I wonder who thinks their kids have launched into adulthood with the most success.

Alyssa gave birth at a birthing center with a midwife, at least with her first.

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Kelly and Gil did have a better 'starting point' in my opinion.  They married after they graduated from college, in their early twenties.  The Mullett and Boob married right after high school, still in their teens.  That little bit of maturity and education shows.

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Kelly and Gil did have a better 'starting point' in my opinion.  They married after they graduated from college, in their early twenties.  The Mullett and Boob married right after high school, still in their teens.  That little bit of maturity and education shows.

True but Kelly and Gil had kids right away and JB/Michelle waited 4yrs to have Josh, so they started parenting around the same age. 

Although all of them are a part of that vile belief system, I think Kelly and Gil have more natural affection, interest and investment in their children AS PEOPLE, not numbers or trophies. 

In an alternate universe (without Gothard etc) I think Kelly & Gil would still have 4 plus kids because they enjoy parenting- JB & Michelle should’ve been childfree OR two at the most, and they would’ve been emotionally detached to their children once they were adults. 

• Love 15

Did the Bates girls really "further their educations," or were some of them just using it as a placeholder for Mr. Fundie America? I'm fairly sure Alyssa dumped college the second she got engaged, and never went back. 

Clown College isn't accredited, anyway. It's not much better than CollegeMinus.  

• Love 5
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Did the Bates girls really "further their educations," or were some of them just using it as a placeholder for Mr. Fundie America? I'm fairly sure Alyssa dumped college the second she got engaged, and never went back. 

Clown College isn't accredited, anyway. It's not much better than CollegeMinus.  

Probably a mix of both. Alyssa never had any intentions of having a career, so it was a definite placeholder for her, and probably Tori and Carlin as well. Josie has a real job at a real salon and Erin has recorded CD's and taught piano for extra cash. Michael nannied before marrying Brandon and now has her sewing business, so the latter three have at least done a little something besides using Crown as a husband-hunting tool. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7

I have to say, I'm surprised a Bates (or any other fundie) got a real job at a real hair salon. Even the conversations at salons can be defrauding! 

Maybe it will be Josie Bates' gateway to a normal life, a normal husband with two normal kids. 

• Love 6

Didn’t Alyssa work at a florist shop, too?  And at their commercial cleaning business after getting married?

Nothing wrong with deciding that college isn’t for you, or that it’s not the right time. 

• Love 6

I don't think any of the Bates kids had any intention in using their degree. Perhaps Kelly and and Gil don't want their grown kids hanging around the house doing nothing and figures college is a great place to socialize and maybe find a mate. Josie was the only one really determined to finish school and find a job, Trace loves hanging with friends at school, Carlin seems to be in a rush to get married but at least Kelly can use finishing school as an excuse before that happens. Without Clown College they would have nothing going for them and would have probably already rushed into marriage, like the Duggars. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I don't think any of the Bates kids had any intention in using their degree. Perhaps Kelly and and Gil don't want their grown kids hanging around the house doing nothing and figures college is a great place to socialize and maybe find a mate. Josie was the only one really determined to finish school and find a job, Trace loves hanging with friends at school, Carlin seems to be in a rush to get married but at least Kelly can use finishing school as an excuse before that happens. Without Clown College they would have nothing going for them and would have probably already rushed into marriage, like the Duggars. 

I don't think Kelly really wants her daughters working. Gil either. They may know like you need a back-up plan in case something goes wrong (like being widowed young). Kelly has pushed her daughters to get married faster. The most recent and best example is Tori wanted to finish then get married and Kelly pushed her to get married Christmas 2017 rather than waiting 6 months to graduate.  She's 21. 

• Love 2
On 4/2/2018 at 9:23 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Yes. If she got dolled up for Easter because SHE wanted to, then more power to her. If it was to impress leg humpers or because she felt obligated that’s a different story. 

Considering the photos she posted while her child was the hospital I do think it’s a bit of both. However women cannot win- if she spends too much time on her appearance she’s vain, too little and she’s “let herself go” and “doesn’t care about herself”. 

I thought the same thing but I don’t know how church is organized for them. Perhaps she and the baby hung out in a quiet area or something during regular services. 

Yeah I was sitting here thinking it was a bit much to be looking so normal and put together after a HUMAN BEING came out of her body but live and let live.  I know I feel more myself when I look normal.  I would NOT have taken that fresh of a human to church where it is probably similar to a petri dish.  But then again, there are a million people in their family so home vs church isn't much different.  The white outfit made me side eye though.  I have never birthed anything but I know from here and friends that is risky bidness!

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think this answers your question.

Not really.  What is the name of her condition?  Heparin could be used for other things.  My husband needs it before he flies.  I am nosy and curious if its the same thing my husband has who DOES have a blood clotting disease.

17 hours ago, graefin said:

Thank you!  This IS similar to my husbands issue (Lupus Anticoagulant where his blood is thick and it needs to be thinned).  

11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

To be fair, I don't think that Gil has anywhere near the amount of money that Jim Bob has.  We really don't know if things would be different if Gil were able to hold money over his children and their spouses, and we don't know if said children and spouses would choose to live off the fame whore gravy train.  In fact, Gil is more the type to take money from his kids to pay his bills, or at least he has in the past.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

True but Kelly and Gil had kids right away and JB/Michelle waited 4yrs to have Josh, so they started parenting around the same age. 

Although all of them are a part of that vile belief system, I think Kelly and Gil have more natural affection, interest and investment in their children AS PEOPLE, not numbers or trophies. 

In an alternate universe (without Gothard etc) I think Kelly & Gil would still have 4 plus kids because they enjoy parenting- JB & Michelle should’ve been childfree OR two at the most, and they would’ve been emotionally detached to their children once they were adults. 

Also, neither couple are Einsteins by any stretch of the imagination, but it's apparent that college educations have done wonders for Gil and Kelly when compared to their counterparts.

• Love 2

The only photos/ video I have seen of Josie cutting hair have been at that Crown College beauty school. She has a job in a real beauty salon in a mall, or on the street now? If so, is the owner of 'likeminded beliefs' OR does she work in the real world, you know pulling all shifts cutting hair, day AND evening, including SOME Sundays? Now, that would be a new thing.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, floridamom said:

The only photos/ video I have seen of Josie cutting hair have been at that Crown College beauty school. She has a job in a real beauty salon in a mall, or on the street now? If so, is the owner of 'likeminded beliefs' OR does she work in the real world, you know pulling all shifts cutting hair, day AND evening, including SOME Sundays? Now, that would be a new thing.

http://www.rosstheboss.com/

She works at a legit salon called Ross the Boss

• Love 7

I think the above photo was taken at the Crown College salon.  Whitney was talking to her about friends she had that could help Josie get a job.  I'm not surprised that she did get a job in a real salon.  I think that Josie and her BF (whose name I can't remember) will be more standard Baptists.  Josie doesn't say much but maybe she's not all gung-ho on the Gothard stuff.

(edited)
22 hours ago, Heathen said:

Forgive me, I didn't read previous comments before I posted. What is the name of her condition? My niece has a clotting disorder -- I'm interested to know if it's the same. 

I don’t watch the Bates’ show, but there are a couple of conditions that can cause miscarriages in early pregnancy and are treated with injections of anticoagulants. There are blood tests to detect them and the 2 most commonly seen are Lupus anticoagulant and anticardiolipins.

Both of these things cause hypercoagulability, meaning an increased tendency for the blood to clot.  What happens is tiny little blood clots form early in pregnancy and congregate in the small blood vessels of the placenta which results in lack of blood flow to the placenta and miscarriage.  To prevent this, small doses of heparin or similar thinners are given starting when the pregnancy is diagnosed.  Heparin and lovenox are very large molecules and cannot cross the placenta so the baby isn’t exposed. We don’t use Coumadin or the other oral medications because they will cross the placenta, potentially causing a hemorrhage in the baby.  Coumadin also causes other birth defects.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 12
(edited)

That looks like a real salon. The Crown site wasn't so open, and I don't think beauty colleges sell product. Plus, check Whitney's location tag. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Erin got her epidural with Brooklyn. No reports on Everly's delivery yet. She had the placental abrubtion with Carson and her labor from start to delivery was all of two hours. She said it was one big, unrelenting labor pain with absolutely no let up to rest. 

Apologies for bringing my daughter into things yet again, but its hard not to connect things that are so close in one'sown timeline...At any rate, my daughter has always had exceptional pain tolerance, and was pretty determined to go through her birth without pain control, but some 10 hours after arriving at the hospital, and a good 12 hours of pretty insistent labor, she ended up with a contraction which lasted a full 20 minutes (confirmed by the monitor) and decided she needed that epidural. Which was just as well since she had another 26 hours to go. The epidural might have slowed things down to some extent, but there were plenty more extended contractions and they told her it looked as though it would have been a very long labor in any case, so not feeling the pain definitely helped her get though it.

• Love 8

Any news on Stormy and the baby? I thought they were going to induce her by now. 

I'm crossing my fingers the baby arrives safely and is much healthier than expected. She's behind the eight ball enough already just being born into that family.

• Love 21
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:45 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Why is that girl crouching in the weeds to have her picture taken? Is she sitting on a rock or something?  Is that white thing on the ground beside her a crumpled up napkin?  ????

What dumbass looked at that scene and said "now you go over there in the weeds and squat down on that rock next to the trash and those old boards and we'll take your picture." It's the worst setting I've seen since Jill Rod (Stormy!) took pictures of her son standing in a field strewn with bottles and random garbage.

What is it with these people? Why doesn't anyone notice this stuff?

THANK YOU! I thought that was the ODDEST pose. Squat for engagement photos! Yeah!

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:22 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Who’s the guy in the salmon colored pants and yellow shirt? He looks super fly?. 

Mr. Salmon Pants looks squinty. He and Lawson look to be full of themselves.

• Love 2

Lordy, I just checked it out .... A open plea for gifts of money for her poor son - who they are making do his first year of missionary aviation school from home online. Sigh. 

Timothy, you were *this close* to escaping. Hang in there, kid. Don't give up! 

Why is Stormy offering total strangers info on how to attend Tim's homeschool graduation?  Does she think some leg humper will show up and take her and her fat ass husband and platoon of kids out for dinner or something?

Jill's wall of Miscarriage Memories is nothing but a shrine to herself. My god, the narcissism just stuns.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Lordy, I just checked it out .... A open plea for gifts of money for her poor son - who they are making do his first year of missionary aviation school from home online. Sigh. 

Why is Stormy offering total strangers info on how to attend Tim's homeschool graduation?  Does she think some leg humper will show up and take her and her fat ass husband and platoon of kids out for dinner or something?

Jill's wall of Miscarriage Memories is nothing but a shrine to herself. My god, the narcissism just stuns.

And it's with pictures of the photo shoot with Jill's current pregnancy for "her little, damaged brain" baby to be. A Miscarriage Memorial including a living unborn baby?! WTF!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And it's with pictures of the photo shoot with Jill's current pregnancy for "her little, damaged brain" baby to be. A Miscarriage Memorial including a living unborn baby?! WTF!

Does that mean the baby hasn't arrived yet or that she was born but not living?

• Love 1

According to her blog, Jill says

I am now due ANY day with our precious gift from God!  We can’t wait to hold her in our arms.  Our children ask almost every day – “Mama, WHEN are you going to have your baby??!!”  Precious!  They can’t wait either.

I thought she was going to be induced, but that's sounds like she's waiting to go into labor.

• Love 3
(edited)

As far as we know, she's still pregnant. The newsletter seems to have been produced either yesterday or today, given that it referencecs "Resurrection Sunday" in the past tense. 

The triubte to Chimpy's "muscles" and the "Lovers" pic made me want to puke. Thank heavens I read that with an empty stomach. 

edit: w/r/t her being induced, I'm sure the doctor has given her a date, but she just hasn't gotten there yet. I have a feeling she'll deliver later this week. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I had to stop halfway through and get a beer.  Poor Timothy he was so close.  Hope he does get out next year and goes to Washington - I can't imagine his culture shock.  And of course, let's ask for money for his schooling because Jill spent it on hair dye and Plexus and on food for Chimpy.

They took the kids bowling and she gushes about how her husband beat all the kids - WTF?

And then brags about how he fixed their sewer.  Um, a sewer would be hooked up to the water department.  Pretty sure you mean septic tank or a black tank.  And she brags about how he fixes things over and over again.  Perhaps he should get a REAL JOB and replace things and buy the kids food.

Is it just me or is that sonagram totally creepy?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

According to her blog, Jill says

I thought she was going to be induced, but that's sounds like she's waiting to go into labor.

Thanks! I'm sure whatever problems the baby has, Jill will use to turn herself into a martyr.

• Love 4

From the blog

What do you do when you love someone SOOO deeply (whom you have never yet met) that your heart ACHES?!

What do you do when the concern for her little, damaged brain weighs SO heavy on your heart, your heart feels it is breaking and the tears run unchecked down your cheeks – wetting your pillow?

What do you do when all you want to do is cuddle her in your arms and whisper words of love and comfort…..yet you know she still has the trauma of labor and delivery and cat scans and MRI procedures shortly after she is born?

What do you do when you simply feel helpless in it all?

You run to God and let Him wrap His arms of peace and comfort around you- letting you know that all will be well…..according to His perfect will. 

With a Heavy but Trusting Heart, Jill 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I don’t watch the Bates’ show, but there are a couple of conditions that can cause miscarriages in early pregnancy and are treated with injections of anticoagulants. There are blood tests to detect them and the 2 most commonly seen are Lupus anticoagulant and anticardiolipins.

Both of these things cause hypercoagulability, meaning an increased tendency for the blood to clot.  What happens is tiny little blood clots form early in pregnancy and congregate in the small blood vessels of the placenta which results in lack of blood flow to the placenta and miscarriage.  To prevent this, small doses of heparin or similar thinners are given starting when the pregnancy is diagnosed.  Heparin and lovenox are very large molecules and cannot cross the placenta so the baby isn’t exposed. We don’t use Coumadin or the other oral medications because they will cross the placenta, potentially causing a hemorrhage in the baby.  Coumadin also causes other birth defects.

Thanks for the info. My niece has factor XII deficiency. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Is it me or are "aviation" and "online school" two things that should never go together?

It's a 5 year course according to Jill.  The first year is Bible Study.  Years 2-3 are airplane maintenance and 4-5 are flying and getting his pilot's license.

• Love 6