Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I assume the Rods know about Kevan Bartlett, pastor of the church in WV where Jill had her Pamper Mama shower. Bartlett and his wife caught Covid at a funeral in 2019 (?), and they weren't the only ones. He ended up in the ICU on a ventilator and then ECMO. Somehow he survived, but his lungs are badly damaged, and in the last photo I saw, he had a portable oxygen tank. I'm sure if Jill and David had been members then, they would have been at that funeral because Jill seems to love funerals, especially the singing, hugging, eating, and photo opportunities. David doesn't look healthy enough to fight off a virus. It's hard to say about Jill, with all her magic Plexus stuff.  

I think Covid would be the end of Shrek.

• Love 2

Fascinating, thank you!  I’ll have to listen. 

Jill would be flattered that she’s the subject of a podcast. Even if it’s not complimentary!  Any fame is good fame to her. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
Spoiler

To Our Dear Parents On Their 24th💙💝 Anniversary:

I think everyone would agree that it takes someone special to be the parents of 13 children! But we are here to tell you just HOW special they are! Not just because they have 13 children, but rather because of the astounding measures they take to fulfill that calling to the best of their ability, through the power of God. 

I have often wondered when their faith was tested the most. So many different circumstances come to mind when this question is asked; 
          Was it the day when they surrendered Momma's womb to God, believing that He would not give them more than they are able to handle, acknowledging that children are a gift from God?
          Was it the time when life felt as busy as could be, with five babies 4 and under? The responsibilities at home were nearly impossible to keep up with, yet Momma handled it so graciously, NEVER giving up.
         Or was it when Daddy worked nonstop to provide, coming home exhausted nearly every day?
         Was it the time that scared us all SO bad, when our precious mother lost over 60 percent of her blood due to a miscarriage, almost losing her life?
          Or was it after that, when they heard criticism coming their way for not just "stopping already"! after such a scare? 
          Was it when they surrendered their lives to full time ministry, wholly trusting that God would provide? 
          What about the time when harmful gossip was afloat because they had made a hard, yet needed decision to leave a ministry, due to the lack of integrity concerning a ministry?
          Was it after the 5th miscarriage of a precious baby on the way?
           Or was it when our hate followers were so severe that all seemed dark?
           Was it the time they heard that their baby's brain was not whole, and they didn't know if she'd make it or not?
           Was it when friends turned their backs on them, simply because they took a stand for truth and right?

Sometimes it seems they are facing more than they can handle, but no matter what they are going through, we watch. Thirteen humans watch them day in and day out. In not just the joyful times, but also those deep, dark valleys in which they face. Yet through it ALL, they have remained faithful to God, eachother, and their family! Faith grows stronger, hope grows broader, and love grows deeper. It is those moments when we are drawn together just a little closer as a family. 
       If they had given up when life seemed too hard to bare, more than half of us children  would not be here on this earth today, MANY lives around them would not have been changed for the better, And satan would have won. 

So thank you, Daddy and Momma, for the impact you are making on this earth! You are not only sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with thousands, but also sending forth MANY arrows out into this world of wickedness to do the same! Going forth as soldiers of the cross! 
              We love you both more than words could ever say!❤ 
                                       Love, your children 
                                (Written by Renee)

I put this in a “spoiler” because it’s long.

An anniversary post, “written by Renee “.

A43F82B9-4D29-4C82-BA91-34352772EE68.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:
  Hide contents

To Our Dear Parents On Their 24th💙💝 Anniversary:

I think everyone would agree that it takes someone special to be the parents of 13 children! But we are here to tell you just HOW special they are! Not just because they have 13 children, but rather because of the astounding measures they take to fulfill that calling to the best of their ability, through the power of God. 

I have often wondered when their faith was tested the most. So many different circumstances come to mind when this question is asked; 
          Was it the day when they surrendered Momma's womb to God, believing that He would not give them more than they are able to handle, acknowledging that children are a gift from God?
          Was it the time when life felt as busy as could be, with five babies 4 and under? The responsibilities at home were nearly impossible to keep up with, yet Momma handled it so graciously, NEVER giving up.
         Or was it when Daddy worked nonstop to provide, coming home exhausted nearly every day?
         Was it the time that scared us all SO bad, when our precious mother lost over 60 percent of her blood due to a miscarriage, almost losing her life?
          Or was it after that, when they heard criticism coming their way for not just "stopping already"! after such a scare? 
          Was it when they surrendered their lives to full time ministry, wholly trusting that God would provide? 
          What about the time when harmful gossip was afloat because they had made a hard, yet needed decision to leave a ministry, due to the lack of integrity concerning a ministry?
          Was it after the 5th miscarriage of a precious baby on the way?
           Or was it when our hate followers were so severe that all seemed dark?
           Was it the time they heard that their baby's brain was not whole, and they didn't know if she'd make it or not?
           Was it when friends turned their backs on them, simply because they took a stand for truth and right?

Sometimes it seems they are facing more than they can handle, but no matter what they are going through, we watch. Thirteen humans watch them day in and day out. In not just the joyful times, but also those deep, dark valleys in which they face. Yet through it ALL, they have remained faithful to God, eachother, and their family! Faith grows stronger, hope grows broader, and love grows deeper. It is those moments when we are drawn together just a little closer as a family. 
       If they had given up when life seemed too hard to bare, more than half of us children  would not be here on this earth today, MANY lives around them would not have been changed for the better, And satan would have won. 

So thank you, Daddy and Momma, for the impact you are making on this earth! You are not only sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with thousands, but also sending forth MANY arrows out into this world of wickedness to do the same! Going forth as soldiers of the cross! 
              We love you both more than words could ever say!❤ 
                                       Love, your children 
                                (Written by Renee)

I put this in a “spoiler” because it’s long.

An anniversary post, “written by Renee “.

A43F82B9-4D29-4C82-BA91-34352772EE68.jpeg

FFS!

• LOL 6
  • Love 10

Who ghostwrote that post for Renee?  It's not perfect but it's certainly not what we typically see from the Rod kids - although Tim sets the bar so low that maybe I'm just surprised when I read a complete sentence from any of them.  But I also find it creepy for her to state that if it weren't for Best Momma's faith, more than half her siblings wouldn't be here.  That's a sad and destructive mindset for any kid, and I'm sure Jill uses that in her nightly scare-tactic sermons...freaking them out by naming names of the kids that wouldn't even exist if it weren't for Jill standing up to Satan.  That's twisted.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Who ghostwrote that post for Renee?  It's not perfect but it's certainly not what we typically see from the Rod kids - although Tim sets the bar so low that maybe I'm just surprised when I read a complete sentence from any of them.  But I also find it creepy for her to state that if it weren't for Best Momma's faith, more than half her siblings wouldn't be here.  That's a sad and destructive mindset for any kid, and I'm sure Jill uses that in her nightly scare-tactic sermons...freaking them out by naming names of the kids that wouldn't even exist if it weren't for Jill standing up to Satan.  That's twisted.

Didn’t read the tribute, but it sounds like they are worshipping Jill instead of God. 

• Love 23

This tribute to Saint Jill of the Stink Van makes me so sad for the children in this family. This is what life with a narcissist and her enabler looks like. Poor, persecuted Jill. Nothing is ever her fault. She's always right, and other people never see it. This is exhausting to read. 

The people suffering in this family are the children. Jill and David had choices. The kids have few, if any. 

• Love 24
23 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

This tribute to Saint Jill of the Stink Van makes me so sad for the children in this family. This is what life with a narcissist and her enabler looks like. Poor, persecuted Jill. Nothing is ever her fault. She's always right, and other people never see it. This is exhausting to read. 

The people suffering in this family are the children. Jill and David had choices. The kids have few, if any. 

IMO, those children have no choice in anything, not even the clothes they wear. When they’re performing Jill decides what color the family is wearing that day.  Their only clothes options are hand-me-downs or thrift stores.  I wonder if any of those kids have ever wore a brand new outfit.  I doubt it.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

How is it that their children know about all these 'trials and tribulations' their parents have gone through? (rhetorical question)

Most kids have no idea of their parents actual struggles, unless they witnessed them and were old enough to understand them. Half the stuff Renee listed would only be known if Jill shared them.

I am so sure she did. I have visions of that it is 2am, the children are exhausted, Jill, hopped up on plexus, is telling them how she (and then David) went through so much to have them etc..... especially fighting the devil. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 2

I could not read past the second thing........

"Was it the day when they surrendered Momma's womb to God, believing that He would not give them more than they are able to handle, acknowledging that children are a gift from God?"

I have questions there..... so were the many "severely miscarried" babies more than god thought they could handle and they were taken back?  Just that statement being in any tribute by a young adult to their parents is creepy as hell. Jill probably wrote all of these things on the barndo walls so the kids can see her and David's great testimony of faithfulness every freaking day. Surely Jill keeps a list they have all seen and heard repeatedly.  no way any of the "children" wrote any of this drivel.

• Love 21

I'm surprised it wasn't SEVERE hate followers...but I guess that would've given Jill away.

I am a bit amused that social media was down most of the day yesterday. I'm sure that put a crimp in BME's life. Today is our anniversary, so it's appropriate everything is running again. LOL

• Love 8

Just the other day on Instagram, Kelly Bates was discussing how all the children were told about her miscarriages and each one was given a name. One of the younger girls, maybe Addie, was there too so Kelly then quizzed her on the names. So it must be a Fundie thing to speak endlessly about this. And Meechelle is famous for telling her kids on their birthday how she could have died giving birth. 

Funny, for a post written ostensibly for her parents, “Renee” uses “they” instead of “you.” Nice try, “Renee” but you aren’t fooling anyone. Also, once again, modesty is more than just covering up your knees and collarbone. 

• Love 18

I just heard on the radio that Face Book was down because of false covid posts, and they removed accounts of what they considered untrue "facts".  I didn't hear the whole thing because I do not do Face Book, but Jill R immediately came to mind.  Maybe someone here who was actually paying attention can tell what was going on.  I very well have this whole thing wrong.

24 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I just heard on the radio that Face Book was down because of false covid posts, and they removed accounts of what they considered untrue "facts".  I didn't hear the whole thing because I do not do Face Book, but Jill R immediately came to mind.  Maybe someone here who was actually paying attention can tell what was going on.  I very well have this whole thing wrong.

That doesn’t sound right. Facebook would not need to be taken down to remove posts or disable user accounts. That’s an administrative task, not a technical issue. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Facebook went down because someone fat fingered a configuration update and it removed the DNS entries for the whole host of FB entities.  It is the equivalent of your GPS somehow forgetting how to translate street addresses into grid coordinates.  The destination is still there, it just doesn't know how to tell you to get there from here.

While it is possible that the malformed update was to aid in bringing online some sort of filtering bot to shut down the Jill Rs of the world, it is very unlikely.  There are much better ways of doing that than to mess with DNS.  It is more likely that the radio person was taking the current FB whistleblower hearings, the investigations into Zuckerworld failing to police the crazy Jill Rs of the world, and the outage, and then mixing them all together into a single story.

• Useful 10
  • Love 6

So this is only their 24th anniversary? I wonder what will be done in that household next year when it's the BIG SILVER 25th Wedding Anniversary? I shudder to think.  This post "from Renee",(sure Jan) is sick.  What things to dwell on and bring up for a wedding anniversary. It reads to me more like Jill wrote it herself. I agree with other posts suggesting this. If Renee did, indeed, write this all by her lonesome, well, that poor girl needs some therapy and a real life of her own.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, peppergal said:

Facebook went down because someone fat fingered a configuration update and it removed the DNS entries for the whole host of FB entities.  It is the equivalent of your GPS somehow forgetting how to translate street addresses into grid coordinates.  The destination is still there, it just doesn't know how to tell you to get there from here.

While it is possible that the malformed update was to aid in bringing online some sort of filtering bot to shut down the Jill Rs of the world, it is very unlikely.  There are much better ways of doing that than to mess with DNS.  It is more likely that the radio person was taking the current FB whistleblower hearings, the investigations into Zuckerworld failing to police the crazy Jill Rs of the world, and the outage, and then mixing them all together into a single story.

That is probably what I heard.  I wasn't really paying attention.  I just know they mentioned Face Book and Covid and bad information.  Thanks for setting me straight.

43 minutes ago, lianau said:

Another big vow renewal 

I guess Jill can make Kaylee wait a year to get married so Jill can hijack the poor girl's wedding. On the other hand, Jonathan may not wait around a whole year, and Jill would lose out on that income stream. Jill loves shopping and eating out, so Kaylee is probably safe. Maybe Jill can find a courtship for Renee and spoil her wedding. 

What's the big deal with a 24th anniversary? Does Jill think they won't get to 25? Maybe Hunk is in worse shape than he looks. 

• Love 7

she so screws with the time line "last week" they were Vermont bound. Sept 29th she posted Renee and Kaylee shilling their fall earrings, where they state clearly the are just finishing a revival missions conference in Vermont.

someone else already noted Nurie and Nathan's wedding coincided with the Keller parents anniversary and celebration and Jill would hijack Kaylee and Jonathon's wedding to out do that.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

HUNK had that vacant look at his wedding 😂

🤢

I was gonna say similar. The look that says “what dafuq did I just do?”

You know what is weirdest about “Renee’s” tribute? No randomly capitalized words. So… who REALLY wrote this? Did BME dictate it to Nathan?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, LilJen said:

You know what is weirdest about “Renee’s” tribute? No randomly capitalized words. So… who REALLY wrote this? Did BME dictate it to Nathan?

Yet we had the word “severely” and mis-spelled “bare.” And, like @LilJen noted, no randomly capitalized words. No way JillRod wrote this. She definitely dictated it to someone… but she did not write it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, LilJen said:

I’ve noticed more and more people doing this on SM, and it drives me crazy! WHY? I guess it’s a good sign if Renee doesn’t do it

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

EDB4E43A-6ADB-432F-BED5-6154E515D17A.jpeg

Btw, Jill..putting your feet up on the car dash can cause you to be severely injured, or even severely dead in case of an accident.

(full disclosure..I used to do this before I learned better.)

Screenshot_20211005-201503.jpg

• Love 16
9 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Just the other day on Instagram, Kelly Bates was discussing how all the children were told about her miscarriages and each one was given a name. One of the younger girls, maybe Addie, was there too so Kelly then quizzed her on the names. So it must be a Fundie thing to speak endlessly about this. And Meechelle is famous for telling her kids on their birthday how she could have died giving birth. 

I think it's something emotionally unstable people do. My bonus granddaughter is 13 and she gets all weepy missing her stillborn sister who was delivered when granddaughter was 5. Her mom takes her to the cemetery every holiday so they can share it with 'Abby'. 

• Useful 1