Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

D5A2F78F-F5C9-446F-8B16-55524EC329CA.jpeg

Janessa is a little doll.  Poor, nearly bald Sofia… 😥 I saw a post about her on a Rodrigues snark page on IG.  In December 2019, she had a full head of healthy hair, but in July 2020 she was nearly bald and what hair she did have was dull, brittle and just dead.  My question is, what changed?

Kaylee and Renee are selling more homemade earrings on FB.  Their presentation is so awkward that it’s painful to watch.

Edited by farmgal4
Added something.
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Janessa is a little doll.  Poor, nearly bald Sofia… 😥 I saw a post about her on a Rodrigues snark page on IG.  In December 2019, she had a full head of healthy hair, but in July 2020 she was nearly bald and what hair she did have was dull, brittle and just dead.  My question is, what changed?

Kaylee and Renee are selling more homemade earrings on FB.  Their presentation is so awkward that it’s painful to watch.

OMG, poor Sofia does look bald in that picture. I honestly don't think that child is well. 

51 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Minnie Mouse. Jill asked her in her very high pitched, I’m talking to a child voice in a video.

72B5A9BF-6215-4F68-AF52-17BD9C6B8D34.jpeg

I would charge her for a new saw. 

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

OMG, poor Sofia does look bald in that picture. I honestly don't think that child is well. 

I would charge her for a new saw. 

I don’t think Sofia is well either.  The high-pitched voice that Jill uses when she’s talking to Janessa makes me cringe.  
Jill thought it was funny that it ruined the saw.  I would make them buy me a new one.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Minnie Mouse. Jill asked her in her very high pitched, I’m talking to a child voice in a video.

Wait, they are going to have a staircase in the middle of the that room going up to the attic? Talk about a heat/air conditioning suck. Add the metal roof, and metal siding with no visible insulation (I bet they will put that styrofoam crap in)  and I cannot imagine how much their energy bills will be. (also, does anyone see any evidence of duct work in there? How are they planning to heat/cool the place? Maybe they are doing a ductless heating/cooling system) 

Edited by Insert Username
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Staircase to upstairs attic/extra bedroom ?

It's Jill's Stairway to Heaven, although I think we can forget about any possible drug references..

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
When she gets there she knows, if the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for

• LOL 15

Jill claims the "upstairs attic" is for storage, but I have a feeling it's going to be Jill's exclusive area for her junk and  her recording studio. The fecal chair from the bathroom will find its way up unless she's bought a new chair.  

While the purpose of this addition is supposed to be a living room for the family, of course Jill cuts into the space to build a giant staircase for herself. 

I'd love to see her sit in that bay window seat that doesn't seem to be secured to anything and have it collapse. I hope the Lord Daniel has a special plan for her.  

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

The standard door height is 6' 8". Typical ceilings are a minimum of 8' high. The windows in the barndo line up with the door, so it seems the ceiling height - if they put a ceiling in - will be about 7' 6'' or maybe 7' 8". It could possibly be less than 7' 6" if they put in a subfloor. That large room is going to look very, very, very tiny with a low ceiling and all of Jill's shit.

Its also going to have a huge staircase in it and I assume the piano. There's going to be no room left for people.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I thought we already saw the "rustic" staircase in a picture with (and Kaylee) and Jonathan. I know I saw it somewhere.

Jill's posting timeline is all kinds of screwed up.

Yes the stairs are definitely more complete when Jon and one of the Rod boys were finishing the attic  door. JillR must have so many interesting things to post she can’t keep her timeline straight. We’re probably going to see more of her Texas vacation soon.

Edited by ozziemom
Spelling correctly is a good thing
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

Is Sophia the one that is lacking teeth?  She really does look ill.  I wonder how much Plexus BME is feeding these kids.

I think it's Sadie whose front teeth haven't grown in. It's been some months now. They should have been in ages ago.

• Love 5

RE: the discussion of  lawyers and the bar in the Derek and Jill thread.  I have tremendous admiration and respect for lawyers.  The attorney who is currently working on my trust is Polish.  She completed law school and the bar in Poland, and then moved to the US.  She had to go to law school all over again and passed the bar IN A SECOND LANGUAGE.  Thank you to all the lawyers here who keep us informed on the Golden Child's plight.  I really appreciate the information.

• Love 14
39 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think it's Sadie whose front teeth haven't grown in. It's been some months now. They should have been in ages ago.

In Sadie’s defense I had a tooth that took what seemed like the entire school year to grow in and I was a thin but healthy child who played outside every day and ate like a horse. And it happened to a few relatives too.  The thinning hair and sallow complexions are what worry me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Did they really bring all their own shit and throw a party in the food court?

I think they may have at least bought the pizza in the mall. I never even realized SBarro sold whole pizzas. Jonathan was there in full rictus for the clown show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

That looks like a cake that's meant for 6 servings, not 14.

The cake appears to be ringed with cupcakes, so hopefully each kid got a cupcake, if not a slice of the actual cake.

Between that and the three pizza boxes, this might have been the biggest meal some of those kids have had in awhile.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That is some of the jankiest looking “new construction” that I’ve ever seen. No way they pulled permits. I hope it’s safe for the kids sake. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jonathan probably bought all the food! 

That's a given. This looks like way more food than they get when they are paying for things themselves.

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, SMama said:

Why not at home? I’d be so embarrassed especially at that age. OTOH the Rodlets live in a 24/7 circus.

Especially since we’re still in the midst of a global pandemic and they are all anti mask and anti vaccine . 😡

2 hours ago, Absolom said:

IMO six servings would be huge pieces.  They have quite a few small children who should only get small pieces of cake.  

These particular kids could use large pieces of cake

• Love 10

Apparently they did a scavenger hunt as part of the festivities. Seems like only the older kids participated unless the little ones were on a team with Shrek. In the beginning of the audio you hear mumbling like he was lost or something.  Again JillR timeline is all wonky but they must be on the road again. Do those kids ever do any schooling at all?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Could the Rods be on their way to visit Nurthan? They had two mission somethings to do (singing in churches?), but Jill's itching to get to Florida before the Nurthling is born. 

Hannah's birthday party looked nice. The cake was pretty, and everybody got pizza. Good job, Jonathan!

• Love 19

At the end of the video of Renee and Kaylee shilling their "fall collection" of earrings, They said they were in Vermont and it was the end of a Missions Revival conference. but Jilly's timeline is so messed up who knows when they were actually there.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

That looks like a cake that's meant for 6 servings, not 14.

It’s actually a cake surrounded by cupcakes. The candles are in the cupcakes and I’m sure the younger children ate the cupcakes, so it was probably enough food.  Looks like there may have been enough pizza too. Jonathon must have bought the pizzas. 

ETA: @dargosmydaddy beat me to it. 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I thought David was overwhelmed with print orders?

Oh but he is ! By the time they make it back home he will be even more overwhelmed ! It will take him MONTHS to catch up ! 😆😉

• LOL 12
6 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I thought David was overwhelmed with print orders? 😆

Yes they are SEVERLEY FLYING IN!   I'm sure with the hands of God working through Shrek he is able to fill those orders quickly.  He is a wonder after all.

• LOL 8