Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

In her persecution list, Jill forgot to mention that the liberal Covid hoax prevented Plexus from holding its convention this year, and Jill was cruelly denied the chance to pay to stay in a hotel, stuff herself into a crowded convention hall, and hear someone call her name for a certificate.  Apparently a convention is planned next March (at Gaylord Palms!), and Jill will be able to use her children's money to walk among Plexus royalty.

I think it's likely Plexus will hold its convention, safe or not. Whether Jill has any money left from her frenetic spending spree to attend is another question. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

In her persecution list, Jill forgot to mention that the liberal Covid hoax prevented Plexus from holding its convention this year, and Jill was cruelly denied the chance to pay to stay in a hotel, stuff herself into a crowded convention hall, and hear someone call her name for a certificate.  Apparently a convention is planned next March (at Gaylord Palms!), and Jill will be able to use her children's money to walk among Plexus royalty.

I think it's likely Plexus will hold its convention, safe or not. Whether Jill has any money left from her frenetic spending spree to attend is another question. 

If Jill doesn't have any money, no worries.  Nurthan and Timbits and the rest of the kids will set up a 'Go to Me Fund' for her and Shrek to go to their well-deserved getaway.

As for Jill's 25th wedding anniversary, I am sure that Kaylee will decide to have her wedding in the Barndo and wear one of her many knit skirts with stripes rather than a wedding gown so that BME can use the money that would've s been spent on Kaylee's nuptials for a massive Silver Anniversary Celebration complete with vow renewal for Momma and Daddy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm sure Jill is already dropping anvil-sized hints on her older children so they can start to prepare the glorious "surprise" anniversary party for their parents next year, complete with tent, catering, songs, flowers - and they'd also better start working on how they're going to wrangle a few random Duggars to make an appearance as well or they will have failed.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'm sure Jill is already dropping anvil-sized hints on her older children so they can start to prepare the glorious "surprise" anniversary party for their parents next year, complete with tent, catering, songs, flowers - and they'd also better start working on how they're going to wrangle a few random Duggars to make an appearance as well or they will have failed.

Well, maybe now they're wrangling for Bates appearances, because, you know - Josh. But then again the Bates sisters and some of the Duggar sisters too, dress rather slutish. I fear there are no famous Fundies left for JillR to schmooze. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I'm confused. Isn't Jill supposed to be using all her time and energy to save souls? I guess Jesus isn't offering vacays in Florida.

I just finished watching the LuLaRich documentary. The goal of working at home with hubby appears to be an MLM thing: The wife builds the business and then the husband takes over. Alas, most MLMs never get that far. Fortunately, Hunk is too busy sweating in the print shop to run an overpriced vitamin drink scam. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
57 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Friends? You mean people got tired of giving you $ or the church that kicked you out? 

severe aka Rene didn’t write that. 

Jill wrote that all by herself.

20088238-039B-4FAB-BEAB-BF81BCADE28D.jpeg

As I recall, they were asked to leave their church in New York after David openly criticized the pastor and church leadership for not being strict enough in following what he believes to be the rules laid out in the Bible.  Multiple times.  I presume they were ok with pants on women or birth control or some other mainstream type thinking.  But, David knew better and somehow thought the church should conform to his beliefs and not the other way around.  

The Rods moved to West Virginia after being told they were no longer welcome, but later, tried to return for a funeral of a prominent church member and actually had the audacity to attempt to set up their instruments and perform at the service despite the fact that no one had requested their presence, let alone their musical offering.  So, yeah, Jill.  Friends 'turned their backs' after you and Shrek began behaving like asses and tried to hijack an entire congregation and funeral service to serve your own egos. If I were Jill, I would've turned my own back-in embarrassment for my obnoxious behavior.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 24
16 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Btw, Jill..putting your feet up on the car dash can cause you to be severely injured, or even severely dead in case of an accident.

(full disclosure..I used to do this before I learned better.)

Screenshot_20211005-201503.jpg

Jill can be like Amy. Of course her poor kids would be her servants for life.

• Love 6
On 10/4/2021 at 5:29 PM, CouchTater said:

Leaving Eden is a good podcast that just released an episode about JillRod and crew.  We already know and have discussed most of what they cover, but it's interesting to hear their spin on them.
https://podcastaddict.com/episode/129356578

Thanks for this info. I listened to most of the podcast. Beginning at about the 33 minute mark, they talk about where Jill fits into the IFB world. I knew a bit about that, but learned much more from that explanation. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 10/5/2021 at 7:14 AM, ginger90 said:
  Hide contents

To Our Dear Parents On Their 24th💙💝 Anniversary:

I think everyone would agree that it takes someone special to be the parents of 13 children! But we are here to tell you just HOW special they are! Not just because they have 13 children, but rather because of the astounding measures they take to fulfill that calling to the best of their ability, through the power of God. 

I have often wondered when their faith was tested the most. So many different circumstances come to mind when this question is asked; 
          Was it the day when they surrendered Momma's womb to God, believing that He would not give them more than they are able to handle, acknowledging that children are a gift from God?
          Was it the time when life felt as busy as could be, with five babies 4 and under? The responsibilities at home were nearly impossible to keep up with, yet Momma handled it so graciously, NEVER giving up.
         Or was it when Daddy worked nonstop to provide, coming home exhausted nearly every day?
         Was it the time that scared us all SO bad, when our precious mother lost over 60 percent of her blood due to a miscarriage, almost losing her life?
          Or was it after that, when they heard criticism coming their way for not just "stopping already"! after such a scare? 
          Was it when they surrendered their lives to full time ministry, wholly trusting that God would provide? 
          What about the time when harmful gossip was afloat because they had made a hard, yet needed decision to leave a ministry, due to the lack of integrity concerning a ministry?
          Was it after the 5th miscarriage of a precious baby on the way?
           Or was it when our hate followers were so severe that all seemed dark?
           Was it the time they heard that their baby's brain was not whole, and they didn't know if she'd make it or not?
           Was it when friends turned their backs on them, simply because they took a stand for truth and right?

Sometimes it seems they are facing more than they can handle, but no matter what they are going through, we watch. Thirteen humans watch them day in and day out. In not just the joyful times, but also those deep, dark valleys in which they face. Yet through it ALL, they have remained faithful to God, eachother, and their family! Faith grows stronger, hope grows broader, and love grows deeper. It is those moments when we are drawn together just a little closer as a family. 
       If they had given up when life seemed too hard to bare, more than half of us children  would not be here on this earth today, MANY lives around them would not have been changed for the better, And satan would have won. 

So thank you, Daddy and Momma, for the impact you are making on this earth! You are not only sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with thousands, but also sending forth MANY arrows out into this world of wickedness to do the same! Going forth as soldiers of the cross! 
              We love you both more than words could ever say!❤ 
                                       Love, your children 
                                (Written by Renee)

I put this in a “spoiler” because it’s long.

An anniversary post, “written by Renee “.

A43F82B9-4D29-4C82-BA91-34352772EE68.jpeg

How old is Renee?  Cause I know she's still young and I STILL don't think i have that many thoughts at my age.  GET.A.LIFE

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

Random thoughts on the anniversary post:

Renee, it really doesn't take someone special to have 13 children. My grandmother had 14. She was no great shakes as a mother or a grandmother, just a devout Catholic who happened to be fertile. The end.

Miscarriages are hard, I've had three. With one I did hemorrhage for hours, losing a lot of blood. But I didn't realize I was supposed to get an exact percentage of how much blood I lost, for future reference. Darn. My son is grown and aware of my miscarriages now (he was young and/or not born when they occurred), but we don't discuss them endlessly.

Mr Turquoise and I have been through a lot of major stressors in the past year. Yesterday was our anniversary, although not 24 YEARS. I was under the silly impression that anniversaries are a generally happy time, not a time to issue a laundry list of all the ways you've been wronged. I thought The Airing of Grievances was for Festivus? 

I worked with a woman who had 14 children--- Irish Catholic. One day her husband up and left. Its been years but I remember she was just a sweetheart and had (from what she said) some really nice, well educated children. One of her sons worked for the Secret Service or in DC. I don't quite remember. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I wonder how much money Jill really makes with Plexus. She has several people above her in the food chain, and only the very early joiners make any serious money, and that's a full-time effort. I really doubt she'll get near being able to support the family on Plexus alone. And I'm sure attending a convention will cost money--certainly to travel there and probably lodging and food. Why would the company owners pay for all of it? They're in it to make money for themselves, not treat a bunch of people who are probably going to quit at some point anyway. 

Jill's pitch suggests she's going to pay to take people to the conference. What a joke. Jill never pays for anything. Anyone she recognizes at that conference will end up buying Jill and Dopey dinner. 

• Love 9
22 hours ago, Nysha said:

I think it's something emotionally unstable people do. My bonus granddaughter is 13 and she gets all weepy missing her stillborn sister who was delivered when granddaughter was 5. Her mom takes her to the cemetery every holiday so they can share it with 'Abby'. 

Most of what our pet fundies do to memorialize miscarriages, stillbirths, and similar events is the exact opposite of what both the grief counselor and child psychologist told us to do with our surviving children.  Jill exemplifies putting her desire for attention above the well being of her living children.  We were told NO annual memorials, NO visits to graves except privately by adults, NO trees in memorium, and NO discussing with the surviving twin until she was at least 13 or 14 and then don't belabor it make it a casual the pregnancy was a multiple until it wasn't.  I don't think the kids knew about the miscarriages until my daughter got pregnant and needed to know.  It wasn't presented as grieve anyway you want it's all fine.  It was presented as this is how you do it if you want your kids to come through it without too many issues.  

• Love 19

I read somewhere that Senior Gold level at Plexus, which JillR just got to, means the person’s income is about $22,000 annually. But it was vague about if that was before expenses or after. Usually in these MLM’s the person has to buy all kinds of products and they count prizes as income too. So the actual net increase to the lower tier person’s bank account is minimal. But part of being in the MLM is constantly talking about how wonderful it all is. Which JillR certainly does about Plexus.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

6D6E3298-8CBA-4EA3-BC48-262ACBCD9F39.jpeg

B6C1403B-47C9-42EB-B736-1FCD6343EB53.jpeg

47976B26-7263-4628-ABF1-960693BF8461.jpeg

Aka I love plexus yes I do! Please work for me and you will love it too.

Plexus plexus plexus! Is a great mlm to work for and scam people into drinking poison.

🙄 to infinity 

From the pictures and words, I would have to conclude that Jill’s real reward is getting waited on hand and foot 24/7 in a sunny luxury resort, and her dream job consists of working as little as possible to make the reward happen.

Edited by LilJen
Clarifies
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Do they bring the kids or park the RV and leave them there while they enjoy the resort’s amenities?

If someone pays for them yes Jill will bring the kids. If not only she and HUNK will go. My guess all of the unmarried ones will be babysat by Nurie. Stink bus can be parked by Nurie’s house. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

typical Jill timeline - the revival conference was sept 26th-29th according to the pics and videos on Bow Baptists fb page.

jill is posting like they are still there. surely they have been to their other missions conference this week and are on the way florida by now

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

typical Jill timeline - the revival conference was sept 26th-29th according to the pics and videos on Bow Baptists fb page.

Did you happen to read any comments? 
There were a few asking, why?. 🤣

• LOL 5
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Did you happen to read any comments? 
There were a few asking, why?. 🤣

personally I most liked this comment on Jilly and David talking

"Um, the um, uh, um yes um…please learn to stop using uh and um all the time"

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

personally I most liked this comment on Jilly and David talking

"Um, the um, uh, um yes um…please learn to stop using uh and um all the time"

The comments are gold!

• Love 3

Carlin has an IG story now with behind the scenes footage of Layla’s pregnancy announcement. You can clearly see a crew member coaching the family to applaud and amp it up. Sweet reality. 😂

Edited by SMama
Typo
  • LOL 16
27 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

@CouchTater told us upthread about an episode of the Leaving Eden podcast which was about JillR - it's here: https://podcastaddict.com/episode/129356578. I listened to it and mentioned above that at about the 33 minute mark they discuss Jill's position in the IFB world. It was enlightening. Here's my short take on it. Jill's clearly striving for fame and success in her world. For women in IFB, that's a matter of being the wife of a successful pastor/preacher. She can complement her husband's role by being an inspirational speaker to women. And of course they can have their kids playing instruments and singing to round out the package.

A big problem with Jill's plan for IFB world domination, is that David's not all that good as a preacher. Nor is the family a very good musical group. So she's spending all that crazy energy and using the force of her narcissistic personality, to push and shove her mediocre family into as many gigs as they can land, and to create a social media narrative of a big loving Godly successful IFB family who are SO wonderful at everything with SO many friends all over the place! Of course all of that is my opinion of the situation, and YMMV. The more I stop to think about it, the more certain I am that JillR is batsh*t crazy. 

IMO she fully believes that she’s already famous.  That’s how batshit crazy she is.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

And she’s responsible for educating 13 children. 😒

As I said in another topic here the other day, it's a generational race to the bottom with these families who are not good at homeschooling. Each generation will be less educated than their parents.

6 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

As I said in another topic here the other day, it's a generational race to the bottom with these families who are not good at homeschooling. Each generation will be less educated than their parents.

God will take care of them 🙄

• Love 3

@Jeeves I also listened to that podcast and you summarized their take on JillR perfectly. She’s definitely bats**t crazy and her kids are paying the price. They will end up being even less educated than JillR and I think their health is compromised as well. Between poor diet and Plexus, the long term health prospects seem poor. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

@Jeeves I also listened to that podcast and you summarized their take on JillR perfectly. She’s definitely bats**t crazy and her kids are paying the price. They will end up being even less educated than JillR and I think their health is compromised as well. Between poor diet and Plexus, the long term health prospects seem poor. 

Just look at Sofia. That poor child looks unwell. 

• Love 4

An interesting bit of the podcast for me, IIRC, was that they didn't seem to think there was a legit question of whether Jill's kids were being properly fed. They argued that some kids are just skinny, and "my parents were good parents but there was a time when we were poor and literally didn't have a lot to eat," and so forth. They were mainly on the side of being very reluctant to criticize her parenting in that regard although the conversation did wander a bit at that point. ETA: they did say that she feeds her kids on "that diet drink" (Plexus) so it's not like they were big fans of her parenting.

OTOH I'm not so nice and I look at Jill's SM photos and see some children who do not look healthy. Thinning hair (when the family norm is lots of hair), skinny, dark circles under eyes, sallow coloring. None of those alone = disease but all together they suggest someone who's not well. So effing awful when it's a child! All the kids don't look that way but one or two of the younger girls do.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 16