Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Taxes shmexas who cares? 
-Jill giggling manically as she buys out hobby lobby decor section 

At least she can't afford any looted antiquities. I can see Jill wrapping strings of lights and plastic greenery around a cuneiform tablet. 

• LOL 13

I can't believe David is not even 50 yet. In that recent video of the family God-bothering people at the fair, he was mostly parked in a chair, but there was a moment when he got up and I was really taken aback by the "old man-ness" of his movements. He moves like someone who's much older or who has a significant illness or disability. And I'm not fat shaming or holding him to an unrealistic standard of fitness. Mr. Portia is 56, overweight, and pre-diabetic, with bad feet. He works too hard and doesn't exercise as much as he should. And from the looks of things, he could run rings around ol' David. 

Edited by Portia
Typo
  • Useful 8
  • Love 13

He may still be recovering from the foot injury. Remember, he stepped in a hole or ditch or something. He used a cane for a while. We haven't seen him walking for some time, so it's anyone's best guess how he's getting about these days.

• Useful 11
On 9/12/2021 at 9:56 AM, crazy8s said:

He connived his way through childhood and was always looking for ways to look out for number one and what HE wanted out of life.

He got that from you, Jill ! You vile, lazy, judgemental, hypocritical witch ! 😠

Sorry all, responding to a post from a few weeks ago.

Edited by SJC
A, NOT AN
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

David might be on disability!

Even more free $.

Don't you have to have an actual legitimate job to claim disability? And no, I really do not classify his "printing company" to be an actual legitimate job.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Don't you have to have an actual legitimate job to claim disability? And no, I really do not classify his "printing company" to be an actual legitimate job.

Actually, no. There is SSI, which is Supplemental Security Income and SSDI, which is Social Security Disability Insurance. Folks who've never worked but are disabled would get SSI, if they qualify. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Actually, no. There is SSI, which is Supplemental Security Income and SSDI, which is Social Security Disability Insurance. Folks who've never worked but are disabled would get SSI, if they qualify. 

Oh - thank you! I did not know that.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Portia said:

I can't believe David is not even 50 yet. In that recent video of the family God-bothering people at the fair, he was mostly parked in a chair, but there was a moment when he got up and I was really taken aback by the "old man-ness" of his movements. He moves like someone who's much older or who has a significant illness or disability. And I'm not fat shaming or holding him to an unrealistic standard of fitness. Mr. Portia is 56, overweight, and pre-diabetic, with bad feet. He works too hard and doesn't exercise as much as he should. And from the looks of things, he could run rings around ol' David. 

OMG.. He's not even 50???  Just.. i don't even know what to say.  My ex is 70 (i know, it sounds old doesn't it?)  but he ALSO could run rings around creepy David

• Love 6

If something happened to David, Covid or otherwise, and he died, what do you all think Jill would do? I mean, after she grifted as much money as possible for the “funeral” and beyond? Would she try to remarry ASAP? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

If something happened to David, Covid or otherwise, and he died, what do you all think Jill would do? I mean, after she grifted as much money as possible for the “funeral” and beyond? Would she try to remarry ASAP? 

Great question. As a widow with 10+ kids she could do really well grifting for a least a year. Then I think she's scout for a wealthy Christian guy. Or maybe she'd try and bring Nurie, Kaylee and their husbands back to support them.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Oh, Jill would milk her widow status for the rest of her life. She wouldn’t remarry, but would demand that her children provide for her. 

But someone might think she’s an ebil, immoral single mom if she’s seen with her kids and without a husband. 😆

• LOL 14
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

She and minor kids would qualify for survivor benefits. Also David might have life insurance. 

My guess Nathan would be stuck supporting her if Jill does not remarry.

As someone said half the kids would not be minors by December. Less stimmy money.

Actually I vote for Timbot being stuck supporting everyone. He will not be allowed to marry and be BME source of $ until she dies. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Whichever gained her the most attention and $$ is the one that she’d go with.

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, Zella said:

I could be wrong and she may be catnip to single fundie men, but I have a hard time seeing anyone but David wanting to deal with her particular brand of crazy. 

as long as she keeps 'filtering' she can find whoever she wants..smh

• LOL 6
54 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

But someone might think she’s an ebil, immoral single mom if she’s seen with her kids and without a husband. 😆

She’ll wear her wedding ring and widow’s weeds, and will absolutely talk about being a widow all of the time. Also, she will be SEVERELY widowed.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Boston said:

Honestly, Jill's appearance is the least of her issues. Those filters don't do jack for you if you are batshit crazy in person. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I assume the Rods know about Kevan Bartlett, pastor of the church in WV where Jill had her Pamper Mama shower. Bartlett and his wife caught Covid at a funeral in 2019 (?), and they weren't the only ones. He ended up in the ICU on a ventilator and then ECMO. Somehow he survived, but his lungs are badly damaged, and in the last photo I saw, he had a portable oxygen tank. I'm sure if Jill and David had been members then, they would have been at that funeral because Jill seems to love funerals, especially the singing, hugging, eating, and photo opportunities. David doesn't look healthy enough to fight off a virus. It's hard to say about Jill, with all her magic Plexus stuff.  

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Boston said:

I doubt Jill would fetch a rich husband maybe a older widower with a dozen kids of his own… Too bad Jim Bob doesn’t have a brother! Jill Rodrigues-Duggar would be even more nightmare inducing!

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 9
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I doubt Jill would fetch a rich husband maybe a older widower with a dozen kids of his own… Too bad Jim Bob doesn’t have a brother! Jill Rodrigues-Duggar would be even more nightmare inducing!

That might finally get her the TLC show she's always wanted!  I'd watch.

• LOL 11
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Actually I vote for Timbot being stuck supporting everyone. He will not be allowed to marry and be BME source of $ until she dies. 

Not to mention her favorite source of entertainment as she makes him crawl and squirm for her tiny crumbs of approval. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

David looks drunk or like he has had a stroke. Either way why would Jill post a picture of him looking this way? Surely she can't think this is a look worthy of bragging about. 

It was a screenshot from a video. They can appear a bit wonky.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Facebook and Instagram are down. How is Jilldo coping? Her followers can’t buy Plexus or be jealous of her HUNK and vacations and stuff she gloats about?

I mean her life is wonderful and perfect!

Perfect time for the Nurthling to make an appearance . 

• LOL 16