Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Do they usually attend in the afternoon? That’s probably a relief for the other church members who attend the earlier services and don’t have to deal with them.

The Rods attend both morning and afternoon church on Sundays.  Also on Wednesday evening.  Those poor kids spend half their lives sitting in church.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Yep I think they are there all day. It’s not like they go to school or anything… Probably beg to be fed all the time.

One look at those stick children, and the church ladies probably provide food without being asked. The trick is to keep it away from Davy the Devourer long enough so the kids can get a few bites. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, louannems said:

The Rods attend both morning and afternoon church on Sundays.  Also on Wednesday evening.  Those poor kids spend half their lives sitting in church.

I feel bad for the Rods kids and those at the church those days having to deal with Jill all day long. They probably look forward to when she's away. 

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, Madtown said:

It's Kaylee's courtship with Jonathon Hill. Jonathon announced it. Been getting to know each other since "this past spring" according to Kaylee.

Oh, she actually talked?  I tried to watch a little bit but just heard murmuring little high pitched noises and couldn’t watch anymore. 

• LOL 10

I'm listening to the announcement now.  The only thing (and Kaylee)  can come up with for what they have in common is that both of their families have 13 kids.  But the really CRAZY part is that HIS family has 9 BOYS and (and Kaylee)'s family has 9 GIRLS!!!?  Isn't that nuts???!!!/s

I did watch a sweet video over the weekend that someone posted on Reddit of Jonathan doing his cousin's makeup (not as weird as it sounds).  The cousin seemed to be doing a Youtube series on random family members doing her makeup.  He was a good sport about it and she ultimately looked like a clown.  So I have a little bit of hope that this guy might not be completely terrible.

Although he did say "yaaassss...." in the courtship announcement video.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I feel bad for the Rods kids and those at the church those days having to deal with Jill all day long. They probably look forward to when she's away. 

Meanwhile the Rod kids are stuck with her day in day out. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Well, now JillRod and GWE have TWO sons-in-law to thank on SM when they are blessed with meals and trinkets. I bet Nathan is thrilled that he isn’t the only one now buying meals at the “good” Olive Garden for the in-laws.

Nathan won't be buying any fewer meals. The Rods will just be able to eat out more.

What is on Jonathon's belt on the right side? 

• Love 8
On 9/12/2021 at 5:51 PM, Albanyguy said:

It's possible that Nurie was a naturally quiet, docile child and Jill simply assumed that all babies were like that. Then, when Tim came along and was a different kind of child, Jill couldn't understand or handle it and tagged him with the "most stubborn" label.

As Dana Carvey said "The first kid is always easy. That's how God cons you into having a second one."

Prior to Nurie snagging Anna Duggar’s brother, Tim/Nurie were always partnered up, right down to double-dating with their parents. So I suspect he never escaped the “Nurie good, Tim bad” dichotomy all throughout his childhood. It’s a little strange for a cult in which men are the bosses and women are child-bearing vessels that the oldest girl was the favorite and the oldest boy was the scapegoat. It’s the inverse of Jana and Josh (although of course Nurie still had sister-mom duties and no options other than marrying young to pop out as many babies as possible.) 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, louannems said:
5 hours ago, Nysha said:

She looks possibly pregnant in that dress.

Isn't blue and white dress woman a Dingus and not Jill?

Jill only wears LONG, godly skirts with bold, ugly patterns.

I thought it was Jill b/c of the messy blonde hair, but she's on the other side in her perky jean vest and longer skirt.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

I feel a little sorry for Renee as far as losing her "friend" in the family (once Kaley gets married). The next oldest Rod girl is quite a bit younger, isn't she?

I recall after most of the older Duggar girls got married, Jana was suddenly hanging out with Joy and then Johanna for awhile. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I'm happy she's going to get away from Mr and Mrs Hannigan. I hope he has savings because best mama ever has quite the high standard on how she wants to be treated. Maybe start a text chain with Nathan about how much he needs to expect to have on hand when she's in town. 

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Love 5

Nurie and Kaylee stayed with the Pearl's for a few weeks years ago. I can't remember how many years ago that was. But Jill was all dramatic and teary about them staying for a few weeks so far away from her for the first time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

I feel a little sorry for Renee as far as losing her "friend" in the family (once Kaley gets married). The next oldest Rod girl is quite a bit younger, isn't she?

I recall after most of the older Duggar girls got married, Jana was suddenly hanging out with Joy and then Johanna for awhile. 

You’re not wrong but….what else are they going to do?  I wonder if the sisters ever fight (like normal sisters) or are they perfectly serving God at all times?  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Well, that surprised absolutely no one. 🙄

I guess some of Jill's friends were suprised because it often feel like snarkers know more about Jill and her family than her real life acquaintances.

3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Meanwhile, Timbits is going to get the Sarah Maxwell treatment.

And it doesn't look much better for his brothers. Philip may have a chance if he can snag some paid preaching gig somehwere but unless they miraculously are able to make money top pay for a wife and 20 kids they are f*cked (well not in this case ).

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Nurie and Kaylee stayed with the Pearl's for a few weeks years ago. I can't remember how many years ago that was. But Jill was all dramatic and teary about them staying for a few weeks so far away from her for the first time.

And they looked happier while with the Pearls . That alone should tell you something .

• Love 3

It seems like the stay at home offspring tend to be the opposite sex of the dominant parent in the family. EX: Boob - Jana; Steve Maxwell - all his daughters.

The Rods are a little different in this regard in that they come off more matriarchal than patriarchal, but I think this principle still holds true. I predict that the next child who will court after Kaylee will be Renee. I think the boys are going to be left behind. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Turquoise said:

I hope he's a nice guy, and treats her well. I see the matching outfits are already a go.

But that skirt!!!  Where do they even find those polyester weirdly patterned skirts?  The matchy match makes me sick!

• Love 8

Any bets on a wedding date? I have a dollar on a Christmas wedding or an early spring wedding. I can't see them putting it off any longer, although I don't remember how long Nurie's courtship was so might be wrong. 

Speaking of Nurie, Jill and company should be heading to Floriduh soon to grift off Nathan prepare for the blessed arrival of their first grandchild.

• Love 7

Has it been noted here that Nurthan bought a house? Apparently, this happened in June. It's small - 2BR/1BA, under 1000 sf, but it certainly beats the camper. 

Good news: Jill still has to sleep in the RV.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

He is cute. 

550D0AE3-14E3-4C6A-8288-6CC8963A4C75.jpeg

She is such a blessing in his life 🙄🤪

1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I gotta admit, that’s probably the best outfit I’ve seen a Rodriguii wear. It’s not haute couture, but the top at least appears to be from this millennia and the accessories are doable. He or his family must have picked the outfit.

22 minutes ago, louannems said:

But that skirt!!!  Where do they even find those polyester weirdly patterned skirts?  The matchy match makes me sick!

I can't claim to know much about fashion, but I think the engagement outfit is tragically hideous from top to bottom. 

• Love 9

Why all black and long sleeves in summer. Reminds me of jinger’s drab gray/green swaths of dumpy head to toe fabric for her engagement. Her now fashionable self must be so embarrassed looking back on it. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Has it been noted here that Nurthan bought a house? Apparently, this happened in June. It's small - 2BR/1BA, under 1000 sf, but it certainly beats the camper. 

Good news: Jill still has to sleep in the RV.

Link? I like reading real estate listings. 

That size house is perfectly fine for a couple and a baby. Not so much when they're expecting number X. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

For Jill, having a Rodlet away is like having an appliance break down or a favorite scarf disappear. It's sad when a dependable possession isn't there to do its job. 

On a cheerier note, wonder if (and Kaylee) will get a wedding dress of her own or have to wear Nurie's now twice-worn gown. Jill's burning through that stimulus money pretty quickly. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

On a cheerier note, wonder if (and Kaylee) will get a wedding dress of her own or have to wear Nurie's now twice-worn gown. Jill's burning through that stimulus money pretty quickly. 

Someone on FJ said she was given a wedding dress 4 years ago that she loved. Wonder if she’ll wear that. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Dear Jill.  The only reason we care about your Facebook announcement is because we want to see (and Kaylee) get out of your house, be loved and treated like an individual with (hopefully) her own thoughts and dreams, get enough to eat, be able to dress and do her hair and makeup according to her own wishes, and be as happy as Nurie seems with Nathan.  And to move as far away from you as possible.

• Love 21