Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

There’s a photograph of Kaylee sitting next to a non-related, similar-age young man. However, Renee is sitting in the pew in front of them and her head obscures the view of the space between the two. Which sadly could realistically be occupied by the bodies of one or two Rodlets. Reddit posters say the young man’s name is Jonathan Hill. 

Right. Jonathan's grandfather is the pastor of the church they visited in Mississippi. It's not clear what Jonathan does. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

Sorry for piggybacking, but the eyeroll can't be displaced.

Sleuths on FJ have figured out that it's Kaylee. A woman identified as Jonathan's aunt posted an "I KNOW!!! I KNOW!!!" meme on Jill's announcement thread. Jill replied, "You sure do. ❤❤❤" 

• Useful 13
  • Love 10

Does anyone know what Audrey and Jeremy Roloff do for income? I know they wrote a book a while back, but they haven't been on their show for a couple of years. Are they Influencers?

From grifter JillR to the Duggars*, and everyone in between, they all seem to manage well financially in ways that seem impossible for average folks.

*I guess not including JB's real estate investments. As much as it pains me to say it, he has made some wise choices handling his TLC money.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Does anyone know what Audrey and Jeremy Roloff do for income? I know they wrote a book a while back, but they haven't been on their show for a couple of years. Are they Influencers?

From grifter JillR to the Duggars*, and everyone in between, they all seem to manage well financially in ways that seem impossible for average folks.

*I guess not including JB's real estate investments. As much as it pains me to say it, he has made some wise choices handling his TLC money.

Audreys family is wealthy. She also sells oils and other products. Otherwise I also wonder how they have ALL this $. Jeremy must have gotten an inheritance 🤷‍♀️.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Audreys family is wealthy. She also sells oils and other products. Otherwise I also wonder how they have ALL this $. Jeremy must have gotten an inheritance 🤷‍♀️.

Interesting. Who did Jeremy get an inheritance from?

In my neck of the woods, parents whether wealthy or not, do not financially support their grown independent children. Is that the norm in other places?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I would hope it's Kaylee, she seems to have fire and spirit and would do well to escape from that Monster pretending to be her Mother. If she finds a decent bloke.

I would be surprised if Tim ever married, there's something seriously wrong with him, developmentally. He can barely articulate himself, there's a bumbling run-on paragraph in a FB group about wanting to seel his God-Honouring lawn business that is barely legible. He's creepy as fuck also

Tim was frequently branded as the rebellious child for years, as I remember. I hate to think of the kind of stuff that probably happened to him over that time. And some people are just temperamentally more easily damaged by various kinds of abuse, I think. And emotional, physical, spiritual, neglectful, educational, nutritional, deprivational. medical and so on all run rampant in that family. Now shown on the internet for the world to see.  

He's probably one of the more significant destructions that'll emerge from the Rodrigui house of horrors, though he won't be the only one.  

• Love 5

Oh aye, Jill referred to him as a whiny child, I remember when she had a blog or something. She was quite proud of it and not saying it " to put MY Timothy" down........of course not Frills Jills.

Agree, abuse does things to you, but Timmay is just plain off. None of the others sound quite as weird as he does. And he's judgy as fuck also.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

In my neck of the woods, parents whether wealthy or not, do not financially support their grown independent children. Is that the norm in other places?

I wonder if it doesn't happen in some of the reality-tv families because the parents feel they ought to share the wealth (and not make the kids wait until the parents are dead...) because the kids' lives are changed by the show (maybe making the parents feel a bit guilty and beholden to the kids) and the shows (sometimes) bring the families pretty much money....The Roloffs have prospered some from their show, haven't they?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Oh aye, Jill referred to him as a whiny child, I remember when she had a blog or something. She was quite proud of it and not saying it " to put MY Timothy" down........of course not Frills Jills.

Agree, abuse does things to you, but Timmay is just plain off. None of the others sound quite as weird as he does. And he's judgy as fuck also.

I expect he developed that horrible tic partly as an unconscious and absolutely desperate attempt to please mommy and daddy, who are as judgy as it's possible to be! "Judgy" is apparently Jill's dominant characteristic! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I wonder if it doesn't happen in some of the reality-tv families because the parents feel they ought to share the wealth (and not make the kids wait until the parents are dead...) because the kids' lives are changed by the show (maybe making the parents feel a bit guilty and beholden to the kids) and the shows (sometimes) bring the families pretty much money....The Roloffs have prospered some from their show, haven't they?

The Roloffs seem to have spend their money as it comes in. The youngest Roloff was very upset with his parents because he thought he'd have money from the show when he became an adult. So it doesn't seem the Roloff's share the wealth with their children.

Jacob's Tweet from August 2015. 

Man I wish it didn't feel like I was getting fucked out of the money from the show that was my childhood right now

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I assume he got paid for being on the show. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

from their blog

"Now, I must encourage Moms out there that may be reading this.  I do NOT say this to put my Timothy down, but he has been our most stubborn child by far!!!  He was a chronic whiner and whined his way through the toddler age.  He connived his way through childhood and was always looking for ways to look out for number one and what HE wanted out of life.  Needless to say, sometimes it drove my husband and I crazy!

YET……….even when David and I felt bone weary and could not believe we were having to deal with yet another “strong – willed” moment in our son, we would (by God’s grace and power) consistently correct it every time.  We tried not to let the “little errors” go by, but rather show him the error of his ways with each and every small and big thing.

With some children, you feel that you just correct a few times and they magically just “catch on”.  With others, consistency time and time again is crucial!!  As they grow, you should see a growth in them in their understanding of their erroneous ways and you should see growth in their spiritual lives.  It has NOT come easy in the life of our Timothy, but I can say, he brings us SO much joy now."

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2449

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

from their blog

"Now, I must encourage Moms out there that may be reading this.  I do NOT say this to put my Timothy down, but he has been our most stubborn child by far!!!  He was a chronic whiner and whined his way through the toddler age.  He connived his way through childhood and was always looking for ways to look out for number one and what HE wanted out of life.  Needless to say, sometimes it drove my husband and I crazy!

YET……….even when David and I felt bone weary and could not believe we were having to deal with yet another “strong – willed” moment in our son, we would (by God’s grace and power) consistently correct it every time.  We tried not to let the “little errors” go by, but rather show him the error of his ways with each and every small and big thing.

With some children, you feel that you just correct a few times and they magically just “catch on”.  With others, consistency time and time again is crucial!!  As they grow, you should see a growth in them in their understanding of their erroneous ways and you should see growth in their spiritual lives.  It has NOT come easy in the life of our Timothy, but I can say, he brings us SO much joy now."

So in other words every time he acted like tge child he was he was " corrected ". I an not saying he was hit every time but I sure he was verbally corrected. Even it this was always done in a soft voice...I cannot even imagine. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

from their blog

IOW, we banged his head against a wall enough times to finally turn his brain to jelly. All glory to Jesus. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, crazycatlady58 said:

So in other words every time he acted like tge child he was he was " corrected ". I an not saying he was hit every time but I sure he was verbally corrected. Even it this was always done in a soft voice...I cannot even imagine. 

I don't have to imagine it! and I'll tell ya, I'm very very glad that I was apparently born one of the stubbornest, most stealthily conniving kids on the planet. Cause otherwise I'd probably have a fair amount in common with Tim!

• Love 7

The creepiest thing about that statement is that it could be beign. Yes, some kids are just more easy going and obedient than others. Some kids have periods of time where they will “try their parents”, but turn out to be wonderful adults. 

Jill isn’t talking about the normal trials and tribulations of raising children into independent morally upstanding adults, she’s talking about crushing the spirit of children to mold them into adoring fans. 

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

He connived his way through childhood and was always looking for ways to look out for number one and what HE wanted out of life.  Needless to say, sometimes it drove my husband and I crazy!

So it drove Jill crazy because that's what SHE is doing, and there can only be one?

• LOL 6
  • Love 17
53 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

So it drove Jill crazy because that's what SHE is doing, and there can only be one?

Yep. Jill's description of Tim fits her perfectly: stubborn, whiney, and conniving. To Jill I'll add judgmental, lazy, mean, and selfish. 

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Carlin and Evan have their dog back. I hope she's not traumatized from what she went through. 

I’m so happy to see Izzy back but also nervous because the other day Carlin said that among the reasons they sent Izzy to be trained was because she had snapped at Layla, sounded like more than once. I’m worried that if Izzy does it again she’ll be gone.
I wonder if they contemplated rehoming her while she was away, but picked up on all their social media followers growing increasingly concerned about Izzy’s long absence and decided they’d lose a bunch of SM goodwill if they got rid of her.

I really hope it all works out because I’ve grown fond of Carlin and Layla, largely because of Izzy. They’ve all been so cute together. I used to think Layla was funny/odd looking as a baby, but she’s really grown on me. 🤞

• Love 6
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

from their blog

So, to put it simply, Bitch and Blob beat him often and severely.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Timothy may very well have been a special needs child who needed professional help, but what he got instead were tongue-lashings and beatings.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Timothy may very well have been a special needs child who needed professional help, but what he got instead were tongue-lashings and beatings.

As someone who taught special needs children, I would agree he possibly does have special needs. Then again he might just have been a high spirited child or one with a lot of curiosity.  We will really probably never know. We just know that he didn't fit in the cookie cutter mold, Jill wanted for him and he was frequently punished for not doing so. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

As someone who taught special needs children, I would agree he possibly does have special needs. Then again he might just have been a high spirited child or one with a lot of curiosity.  We will really probably never know. We just know that he didn't fit in the cookie cutter mold, Jill wanted for him and he was frequently punished for not doing so. 

Well if he wasn't a special needs child he seems to be a special needs adult and yes Jill I believe God will judge you for this and I don't think it will go as you think it will.

• Love 23
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Tim was frequently branded as the rebellious child for years, as I remember. I hate to think of the kind of stuff that probably happened to him over that time. And some people are just temperamentally more easily damaged by various kinds of abuse, I think. And emotional, physical, spiritual, neglectful, educational, nutritional, deprivational. medical and so on all run rampant in that family. Now shown on the internet for the world to see.  

He's probably one of the more significant destructions that'll emerge from the Rodrigui house of horrors, though he won't be the only one.  

I agree, Tim obviously had some drive at one time. He lived in 2 different states on his own and worked, etc. If only he had stayed in Wisconsin.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

OMG, that poor child was corrected not only for actual disobedience, but also every little age-appropriate behavior that they didn't approve, plus mistakes, and random acts that he didn't know were 'wrong'. Even now he's probably emotionally punished whenever Jill is upset and can find a way to blame him. I also think Timothy is kind of creepy, but I bet a lot of that can be laid at Jill & David's feet. I really hate those two people. 

• Love 9

For the life of me, I cannot understand why "Mrs. David Rodriguez" posts such embarrassing things about her children....the latest being Timothy. Why would a "Godly parent" want to hurt her son or daughter publicly and post such personal things like this?  That woman is off the rails and her husband looks as if he is comatose most of the time. These hurtful "tidbits" have nothing to do with being religious. Frankly, I think it's the opposite of being religious...it's just plan hurtful. I feel for Timothy, I really do.

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I agree, Tim obviously had some drive at one time. He lived in 2 different states on his own and worked, etc. If only he had stayed in Wisconsin.

in that same blog post from 2016, is the story of Timothy at 16,  fasting over his future and though he had ideas, he did "not want to move forward without his parents' and gods approval."  i notice parent's approval is before god's.

who knows what he really wanted, but he ended with something mama approved of and could brag about, so god was probably good with aviation missionary too.

Then that fell apart for whatever reasons and best mama got him in trouble at one job. Then it was he was going to be independent and work for himself and "was busting his but (sic) to be his own boss". Apparently done with that.  next he travels with the fam and is working at a tiny airport near home, all while living in a trailer in best mama's back yard.  at age 21, i wonder if that is really what timothy and his god had planned for his life at this point. If so, it is very sad and maybe he should pray to some other higher power.

• Love 3

If they didn’t make me Ill before, they certainly do now. I feel as if Timothy is a ticking time bomb. He has no life in his eyes…no light.  He is just not there.  Those horrid excuses for human beings beat the life out of him as a child and continue to do so as an adult. And they saw to it that any future success would be beyond his reach by not properly educating him and squashing any chance he had at continuing his education.  And let’s not forget the girlfriend he apparently had at one point, very shortly before he was asked back into Best Mana’s loving arms.  He is trapped.  We can only hope that one day he wakes up and walks away.  Him, and the other Rodlets. 

• Love 14

If only he had had the confidence to say no to returning to Ohio. Maybe his escape would have inspired one of his siblings to do the same. And I have to wonder if the girls resent Jill sharing all of the details of their courtships and marriages. Nurie and Nathan have never been on SM, to my knowledge. So obviously sharing their personal day to day life with complete strangers isn’t important to them. But they allow Jill to post their pictures. Who knows what they really think of that? And does Kaylee now want her courtship shared with strangers? Even if she did, she wouldn’t be able to stop Jill.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

from their blog

Um… wasn’t he the 2nd born child? So how was he the “most stubborn child by far?” Compared to Golden Child Nurie? I have no humanoid children (puppy mom here) but even I know kids are not the same temperament, personality… etc. Sheesh, my puppies have all had different temperaments and personalities! I do agree with the poster that said the kids younger than TimBits saw what BME and GWE did to him, so they toed the line whether they believed it or not.

Makes me sick.

• Love 13
44 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Um… wasn’t he the 2nd born child? So how was he the “most stubborn child by far?” Compared to Golden Child Nurie? I have no humanoid children (puppy mom here) but even I know kids are not the same temperament, personality… etc. Sheesh, my puppies have all had different temperaments and personalities! I do agree with the poster that said the kids younger than TimBits saw what BME and GWE did to him, so they toed the line whether they believed it or not.

Makes me sick.

Quoting myself to add the story about his girlfriend that BME obviously did not approve of. That is when he was sent back home so damn fast I bet his head is still spinning. And that is how he is living in the driveway with no life of his own. Because he attempted to forge a life of his own.

Again... makes me sick what those two "parents" are doing to their children. RUN AWAY! FAST AND FAR!

• Love 5

Tim has had three positive things happen to him. He learned to fly a small airplane, a girl in Wisconsin liked him, and he got a dog. Maybe he likes working at the airport so that's a possible number 4; I hope Jill doesn't butt in and ruin it for him. 

Thinking back over all Jill's posts about Tim and Tim's own videos, I honestly can't think of anything else special that has belonged just to him. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

This is amateur hour at church in the afternoon. I doubt many people showed up. 

Looks like poor Tessie hit the makeup train head on. 

Do they usually attend in the afternoon? That’s probably a relief for the other church members who attend the earlier services and don’t have to deal with them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Cinnabon said:

Do they usually attend in the afternoon? That’s probably a relief for the other church members who attend the earlier services and don’t have to deal with them.

I bet they're there all day. Jill was away for a month and now has to be around overtime to keep her hand in the charity pot. Afternoons are when Phillip, Sam, Tim, and David get to showcase their preaching skills. Maybe the kids get lunch too. 

• Love 4