Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Pity she's hiding her left hand. I bet they got engaged over the holidays.

It's been awhile since I checked in with any fundies. What's the deal with Nathan's white silicone looking ring? Is it the male version of a purity ring?

7 minutes ago, McManda said:

It's been awhile since I checked in with any fundies. What's the deal with Nathan's white silicone looking ring? Is it the male version of a purity ring?

He called it a promise ring.

12 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Just ask any fundie and they will tell you the same thing it was GRAPE JUICE GOD DAMN IT.

And that's another reason why I'm an atheist. 

Also, did you know unicorns are mentioned in the KJV of the bible 9 times? Given that version is the holy grail according to these people I wonder how the explain that.

*The official explanation is that it was a mistranslation and was probably a rhino or a now-extinct one-horned ox.

Edited by Nysha
Unicorns!
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6

Yeah I think Nathan is the next Bates to get married. 

That's not a flattering picture. I think he's relatively attractive. I wouldn't be interested, because he's a fundie. I think he's better looking than Zach. 

2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think he's 27.

Yes he's 27. 

• Love 1

Oh my. I checked out their gift poses on FB. Someone got a rifle. The pictures of the youngest girls before Janessa are so sad, and Janessa must not be nursing anymore because she's start to get the Flowers in the Attic look too.

• Love 5

So one kid got a calendar and shoes, and one got what looks like an expensive mandolin. Hm any favoritisim here Jill?

And again THE BIBLE IS ALL TRUE so pff with that mistranslation. So sayeth my fundie idiot sister-in-law.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Timmy in the RV? And what 20 something single male would want a Christmas plaque?

That is exactly what I was wondering-- about that Christmas plaque! Such an odd gift for a young man.

• Love 14

Well now, Timmay's Photo has so much to unpack! First of all, he seems to live in a caravan that is not the Rodders ususal one. The red lights seem rather hussy-ish for a Godly Young Man. The price tag on that cheap trinket is also still one, classy Jill!

The TV screen, is Timmay watching evil Telly? And sleeping on his own?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Heh I thought it was at least something useful like a calendar. It's a plaque? What man wants something like that?

And a plague that can only be used for a month or two, at that!

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

The not Nurie girls teeth clenched smiles makes them look like their terrified of their precious mother. Nurie doesn't even look comfortable in the picture with Jill. Poor Tim. What the fuck are those gifts? I'm trying to think of my mom giving my brother those....lol. I know some kids get shoes for Christmas, but usually they are a pair of athletic shoes the kid really wants.

All I can say is that everyone of those kids besides Nurie, looks like they are on death's doorstep.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Madtown said:

The not Nurie girls teeth clenched smiles makes them look like their terrified of their precious mother. Nurie doesn't even look comfortable in the picture with Jill. Poor Tim. What the fuck are those gifts? I'm trying to think of my mom giving my brother those....lol. I know some kids get shoes for Christmas, but usually they are a pair of athletic shoes the kid really wants.

All I can say is that everyone of those kids besides Nurie, looks like they are on death's doorstep.

I can give a pass on the shoes, they look like work shoes and Tim, having just started out in his landscaping business, might've needed them and not had the ready cash for them.  My nephew works in construction and the like.  He got laid off during the early days of the pandemic and didn't find a job for several months.  When his birthday rolled around, I asked him what he wanted.  Well, what he really wanted was a decent pair of work shoes as his old ones were worn out and he was still paying off credit card debt from the layoff.  So, he picked the shoes and I sent him a check.

Shoes are a much better gift than a Christmas plaque, IMO.  Especially a cheap Kountry Kristmas Klutter one.  I presume Jill picked it out since it is exactly her taste.  I guess Tim should be grateful it wasn't a silk flower arrangement.

The only way I could give the plaque a pass is if it was picked out at the Dollar Store for him by one of the little girls.  I got some stuff like that from the nieces and nephews when they were little and I kept most of it and cherish it.

ETA: took another look at the photos and it appears Tim got dress shoes, not work shoes.  I rescind my approval.  Unless he needed dress shoes for his job, which he doesn't; that is a stupid gift.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 16
16 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

The only way I could give the plaque a pass is if it was picked out at the Dollar Store for him by one of the little girls.  I got some stuff like that from the nieces and nephews when they were little and I kept most of it and cherish it.

ETA: took another look at the photos and it appears Tim got dress shoes, not work shoes.  I rescind my approval.  Unless he needed dress shoes for his job, which he doesn't; that is a stupid gift.

I was just going to go back and look at the shoes because I swore they were dress shoes and you had me feeling bad for my post..lol.

Yes, if the plaque was picked out by one of the littles, it gets a pass, but not if it was given by Jill. The parents of the kids I have watched in my lifetime always let the kids pick out birthday gifts for me and I LOVED them. I got a lot of Barbie dolls..lol. I got an Easter egg dying kit once too(My birthday is in April)and I used it to dye eggs with the child that gave it to me. Those gifts were treasures for sure.

• Love 12

Jill asked the kids to pose with one or two of their favorite gifts (from the dozens they received, not), so we can be sure they nervously chose the gifts that would please Best Momma to have in her social media photos. The plaque is completely Jill's style, so even if the gift came from one of the kids, Jill picked it out. Jill chose her own gifts too and had the family pay for them. David is posing with food. How fitting.

That red-light trailer where Tim was photographed is very odd. It looks like a cheap bar decorated for Christmas. Wonder if Jill grifted another RV and Tim pays to live there. Poor guy may be doing twenty to life at the Rodrigues Family Penitentiary. 

Edited by BradandJanet
error
  • Love 1

Like many of you here seem to have, I get definite "Mommie Dearest" vibes from that tarted-up shrew.  I can see her flipping out and raving if a kid doesn't do something she dictates.

What a shitty way to grow up.  House of Horrors, and then some.

• Love 2

the little girls totally got thrift store junk. the pink pony the one has - my daughter bought that same toy at a yard sale 5 or 6yrs ago for $1 when grandgirl liked My Little Pony

funniest part of that story was the 2 young girls selling it, talked loud enough for my daughter hear and they wondered why the "old lady" wanted a pink pony. daughter then was mid 20s 😀

• LOL 9
56 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

the little girls totally got thrift store junk. the pink pony the one has - my daughter bought that same toy at a yard sale 5 or 6yrs ago for $1 when grandgirl liked My Little Pony

funniest part of that story was the 2 young girls selling it, talked loud enough for my daughter hear and they wondered why the "old lady" wanted a pink pony. daughter then was mid 20s 😀

The fishing game i saw at the dollar store. I usually go there for toys for tots and it was too cheap for me. I like to buy coloring books and puzzles for the kids there

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

CDD6B1F7-5DB6-48EB-A609-748BCA7F44AF.jpeg

7D770ED6-79C0-4B3F-9B98-FB52117D2E64.jpeg

So... Nathan is the best ever son-in-law because he paid for admission for the babushkas. Once the well dries up, let’s just see how he fares in the ratings. We all saw how TimBits turned out...

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

A pot of honey?

image.png.b2ffea62c40cf2f4caef7089f050d74b.png

David does not look healthy. I know it may be the lighting, but he looks pale and has dark circles all around his eyes. And I say this as a naturally pale person with dark circles from allergies. He does not look good. What will Jill do if he has a major health problem that incapacitates or kills him? I can't see her royal highness stooping to work and none of her kids have any real skills. 

Edited by emma675d
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

So... Nathan is the best ever son-in-law because he paid for admission for the babushkas. Once the well dries up, let’s just see how he fares in the ratings. We all saw how TimBits turned out...

Holy cow.I wonder how much admission was for all of them

36 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

by then Jill hopes the not Nuries will be married to the next "best sons in law"

9 minutes ago, emma675 said:

David does not look healthy. I know it may be the lighting, but he looks pale and has dark circles all around his eyes. And I say this as a naturally pale person with dark circles from allergies. He does not look good. What will Jill do if he has a major health problem that incapacitates or kills him? I can't see her royal highness stooping to work and none of her kids have any real skills. 

Agreed. To me, his face also looks thinner, but he's obviously not lost weight. Maybe his head is just disproportional to his body, and it's easier to tell in this picture?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Holy cow.I wonder how much admission was for all of them

According to Google, not much, if anything. Its a walking tour, free during the week. It's $8 a car on Friday or Saturday nights. 

• Useful 8
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Shoes are a much better gift than a Christmas plaque, IMO.  Especially a cheap Kountry Kristmas Klutter one.  I presume Jill picked it out since it is exactly her taste.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tim is expected to turn around and offer the plaque back to Jill: "I can't accept this Mama, it's too much. Just the shoes are gift enough. I want YOU to have it because you do so much for all of us and you deserve to have nice things like this."

1 hour ago, emma675 said:

What will Jill do if he has a major health problem that incapacitates or kills him? I can't see her royal highness stooping to work and none of her kids have any real skills. 

She'll drape herself in black veils and turn being a helpless widow into a major grifting opportunity.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

She'll drape herself in black veils and turn being a helpless widow into a major grifting opportunity.

And sing while fake crying about Jesus and her handsome tubby hubby who is with Jesus now. Jill would make even more $$$ as a widow. 

• Love 4