Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, LilJen said:

It strikes me that Jill has such a melodramatic imagination and is great at using such over-the-top flowery language, that she might actually write a very sellable Christian romance novel. It would be truly terrible writing, but thousands upon thousands of readers would probably lap it up. . . 

I have to order Christian romance for my library, and Jill probably could write them.  Most of them have utterly horrible premises that I'm sure the writing is on par with Jill's abilities.   Seriously, there eas one a few years ago where a Jewish girl fell for a Nazi.  Not to mention the covers with bottom basement Photoshop.  And these are not self-published.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have to order Christian romance for my library, and Jill probably could write them.  Most of them have utterly horrible premises that I'm sure the writing is on par with Jill's abilities.   Seriously, there eas one a few years ago where a Jewish girl fell for a Nazi.  Not to mention the covers with bottom basement Photoshop.  And these are not self-published.

At my library, a coworker and I used to amuse ourselves by reading them aloud to each other when we were bored. They are terrible! 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6

I find the use of CAPITAL LETTERS, italicized words and bolding helpful when trying to make a point in a sentence or two, because there's no affect in a written sentence. JillR however, posts long posts, mostly describing how she feels. No need to describe one's feelings AND change the print for affect.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Disgusting!

I listened to an interview with Brenda Jackson, and if I ever read romance, I am going to look her up ;) 

(edited)
14 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I order Christian romance for my library. I like to read some of it. There are some fantastic authors and not so good authors just like with any genre. I have seen issues like child prostitution, spousal abuse and the like tackled as well as fun an informative books on Tiffany and its role in the Chicago Exposition (known as White City). 

There is fluff and then there are some real intense reads. 

I have also read non-Christian fiction where a Jewish girl has an affair with a Nazi and kind of falls in love with him. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 8
On 7/29/2018 at 12:41 PM, Triple P said:

I am assuming then, that the family gave the station the rights to broadcast the funeral? I hope the station goes after Jill for the livestream. Aside from having no moral or ethical right to broadcast the funeral on Facebook, it seems she would also have no legal rights to broadcast it. 

This isn’t directed to you, triple P, I just grabbed your post to quote since it was about the broadcast. 

The family itself shared the link to the live feed of the service. Christin (the mother) posted the link the day prior to the service. I didn’t look at Jill’s video, so I can’t comment on that. I think the family shared the link because there were so many people praying for them around the country, they wanted those who weren’t local to be able to take part in the service as they continue praying for the family. My guess is that Jill’s line of thinking is that if the family shared a live feed, it was fair game for her to share it (NOT saying I agree with her, mind you!). 

• Love 1

Thanks, I didn't know that the family shared the livestream link. I got the impression that Jill did her own livestream instead of sharing the family's link?

Either way, it was not her event to share.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Triple P said:

Thanks, I didn't know that the family shared the livestream link. I got the impression that Jill did her own livestream instead of sharing the family's link?

That’s what she did. She didn’t share the family’s, she made and posted her own. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I order Christian romance for my library. I like to read some of it. There are some fantastic authors and not so good authors just like with any genre. I have seen issues like child prostitution, spousal abuse and the like tackled as well as fun an informative books on Tiffany and its role in the Chicago Exposition (known as White City). 

there are plenty of christian authors/books/series of books that are a great read - not all preachy but real stories that catch your attention. karen kingsbury is a good author to start with. 

• Love 6
On 7/29/2018 at 3:32 PM, zoomama said:

i checked their fb and could not find the selfie in front of the caskets. maybe she removed it? 

If you're up for joining a Facebook group you can still see it.  Someone posted it on "Fundie Wonderland".  (Another group of like-minded people aghast at fundie antics.  I love the internet!)

Jill is smiling like she's at DisneyWorld -- no.... make that "like she's at a tent revival".  The poor dad in the back looks stunned.  I think Jill has reached her low point.  Of course, I've thought that before and she somehow finds a shovel and starts digging.

• Love 17
25 minutes ago, NotFundie said:

If you're up for joining a Facebook group you can still see it.  Someone posted it on "Fundie Wonderland".  (Another group of like-minded people aghast at fundie antics.  I love the internet!)

Jill is smiling like she's at DisneyWorld -- no.... make that "like she's at a tent revival".  The poor dad in the back looks stunned.  I think Jill has reached her low point.  Of course, I've thought that before and she somehow finds a shovel and starts digging.

Couldn't resist!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, NotFundie said:

Yep, I just requested to join up too.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Triple P said:

Completely and totally agree. 

I havent looked at her page, but I’m under the same impression - she did her own. I can’t fathom why. If she wanted to broadcast it, just share the family’s link. ?‍♀️ 

• Love 4

I watched a few videos of the Rodrigues family at a tent revival.  They are singing and David is preaching (yuk) and JillRod gets up and says the lord provided them all new tires for their RV!  Another grifting success!

• Love 7
10 hours ago, sugarplum said:

Completely and totally agree. 

I havent looked at her page, but I’m under the same impression - she did her own. I can’t fathom why. If she wanted to broadcast it, just share the family’s link. ?‍♀️ 

No doubt the family's link didn't pick up her singing quite prominently enough...

• Love 3
On 7/26/2018 at 8:08 PM, latetotheparty said:

That fucking ableist bitch. I want to slap her 

On 7/26/2018 at 8:08 PM, latetotheparty said:

That fucking ableist bitch. I want to slap her 

I have a feeling you’ll need to get in line behind all her kids and, well, everyone else she’s ever met. 

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Sarah Maxwell is a dog breeder. Her dog Ellie is pregnant and she's* selling the puppies to earn money. 

(Sarah is selling the puppies, not Ellie). 

You think these people can’t get worse and then they throw you for a loop and turn out to be dog sellers. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Wishing Well said:

You think these people can’t get worse and then they throw you for a loop and turn out to be dog sellers. 

No shit huh? They can't seem to connect the dots of what they 'believe' and how to apply those 'beliefs' to real life. It seems to be if everyone is a teetotalling virgin, covered head to toe and living at home then all is good.

• Love 1

God forbid Sarah get a job. Much better to sell backyard bred puppies. And you know Steve isn't going to dish out money for proper vet care. I'd be shocked if he paid for dewormer and a first round of shots.

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

God forbid Sarah get a job. Much better to sell backyard bred puppies. And you know Steve isn't going to dish out money for proper vet care. I'd be shocked if he paid for dewormer and a first round of shots.

Never mind the fact that there are plenty of pound puppies and dogs begging for a home.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I saw on freejinger that the Rodrigueses have made it to Spokane, and since I live there, I decided to do some exploring. I googled IFB churches in Spokane and came up with 4 that say they use the King James Version Bible only. This afternoon I took a drive - first by Moody Aviation AND discovered that one of the KJV Bible churches is really close to it; I'd say only a mile or two away. I so hoped I'd see the stinkbus parked at either Moody or the nearby church, but no such luck. I then drove by the other 3 KJV Bible churches and they were a lot farther from Moody (and no stinkbus parked at any of them either). So I just have to believe that the church that's close to Moody, called Independent Baptist Church, is the one that has been chosen for Tim. It would make so much sense. He could literally walk there from Moody, and I'm assuming he's going to live close to Moody.

Apparently JillRod has been facebooking their x-country trip daily, but I'm not her facebook friend. So for anyone who is, please let me know if she names any churches they're going to go to, or perform at, while they're here, or any other specific places. Thanks in advance!  

I just read on FreeJinger that the church is Faith Baptist Church in Spokane and the minister is Rev. Greg Boyle. 

Let us know if you find the stink bus!

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, NotFundie said:

I just read on FreeJinger that the church is Faith Baptist Church in Spokane and the minister is Rev. Greg Boyle. 

Let us know if you find the stink bus!

Thanks! I just saw that myself and was coming here to report it too. So, dang, I was wrong about the other church. I didn't even have Faith Baptist on my list of possible churches. But, "yay!," now I know and I'll plan to attend a service very soon. Sounds like the Rodrigui will still be here next weekend. 

• Love 20
15 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Thanks! I just saw that myself and was coming here to report it too. So, dang, I was wrong about the other church. I didn't even have Faith Baptist on my list of possible churches. But, "yay!," now I know and I'll plan to attend a service very soon. Sounds like the Rodrigui will still be here next weekend. 

WE HAVE OUR MOLE!

• Love 20
17 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Looking forward to your updates! :)

Is this one as close to Moody Aviation as the other church? Just trying to figure out what their possible reasoning would be. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

Looking forward to your updates! :)

Is this one as close to Moody Aviation as the other church? Just trying to figure out what their possible reasoning would be. 

No, it's not; it's several miles further away. I went to Faith Baptist's website just now and read about their 3 leaders' backgrounds, and they all have ties to the south, and 2 are graduates of Clown College. Those factors could have something to do with Jill's choice. And maybe Tim is going to live closer to this church; the neighborhood around Moody Aviation and the other church is a little more upscale and all single-family houses, so maybe not much to rent for college students. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Preventative health care for puppies when they don't even get that for their pregnant wimminfolk?

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

No, it's not; it's several miles further away. I went to Faith Baptist's website just now and read about their 3 leaders' backgrounds, and they all have ties to the south, and 2 are graduates of Clown College. Those factors could have something to do with Jill's choice. And maybe Tim is going to live closer to this church; the neighborhood around Moody Aviation and the other church is a little more upscale and all single-family houses, so maybe not much to rent for college students. 

Ah okay that makes sense--thank you! 

• Love 2

I just can't believe this. I was checking out the Maxwell's site to see what was new. 

Two of the stay at home sisters, Anna & Mary had been away to some religious thing.  On the site there were pictures of the nieces leaving surprises on the girls' beds welcoming them back.  Well the grown girls' beds are BUNKBEDS!! They had their names over the beds. Anna, who is 25sh has the top bunk & Mary, who is 21 has the bottom. I cant believe a grown woman is sleeping on the top bunk of bunk beds with their names in puffy cloud letters.

I'm guessing all 3 girls incl Sarah the oldest girl, must share a room so bunks are an obvious choice  (when they were kids) but still. It's one thing in college another when you are at home in your 20's and for Sarah, 30's. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Barb23 said:

I just can't believe this. I was checking out the Maxwell's site to see what was new. 

Two of the stay at home sisters, Anna & Mary had been away to some religious thing.  On the site there were pictures of the nieces leaving surprises on the girls' beds welcoming them back.  Well the grown girls' beds are BUNKBEDS!! They had their names over the beds. Anna, who is 25sh has the top bunk & Mary, who is 21 has the bottom. I cant believe a grown woman is sleeping on the top bunk of bunk beds.  

I'm guessing all 3 girls incl Sarah the oldest girl, must share a room so bunks are an obvious choice  (when they were kids) but still. It's one thing in college another when you are at home in your 20's and for Sarah, 30's. 

Eventually, Anna will hit an age that she won't be  able to get up there. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Eventually, Anna will hit an age that she won't be  able to get up there. 

When I was in college I had the top bunk in my dorm room. A couple of times it took me a few tries to get up there, but that's because I was drunk at the time! LOL. I don't suppose that's bound to happen to her, but what a hoot it would be!

• Love 10
18 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

Preventative health care for puppies when they don't even get that for their pregnant wimminfolk?

Is it a fact that the Maxwell women don't get prenatal care? 

1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Is it a fact that the Maxwell women don't get prenatal care? 

I think they meant that they are quiverfull and have as many as God will give them. It is unclear how much prenatal care they get. Melanie, who is high-risk, always her babies in a hospital and seems to have good prenatal care. The other two daughter-in-laws give birth at home, but it's hard to say how much care they receive before that. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, lilwhitelion said:

Yes, and this gem, regarding Mackenzie:

"...the kids pile around to enjoy in her animated storytelling."  

Who is writing this crap??

Maybe she lays herself on the couch mimicking her lazy-ass dad as he shoves food in his pie hole. 

18 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Two of the stay at home sisters, Anna & Mary had been away to some religious thing.  On the site there were pictures of the nieces leaving surprises on the girls' beds welcoming them back.  Well the grown girls' beds are BUNKBEDS!! They had their names over the beds. Anna, who is 25sh has the top bunk & Mary, who is 21 has the bottom. I cant believe a grown woman is sleeping on the top bunk of bunk beds with their names in puffy cloud letters.

The whole bunk bed thing was just disturbing to me.  Does anyone know how many bedrooms they have in that house?  I mean, they've married off four sons, isn't there some extra room so that those young ladies could spread out and have a little more privacy.  I know, I know, no one deserves privacy in the land of Stevehovah and these fundies I've read about.  When Jessie marries (and we all know that's coming), will they allow the "girls" to rearrange their space and get out of those awful bunk beds?  Or will Steve just usurp the space for more bible study?  I feel bad for them sleeping in bunk beds.  I find them horribly uncomfortable.  I don't feel you get the same support as you would from a mattress/box spring and that can get awful on older backs.  Plus, it's just creepy as hell.  I really hope those young ladies can find some happiness and get out from under Stevus' thumb, but sadly I have little hope.

• Love 12