Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/19/2022 at 2:29 PM, madpsych78 said:

It's not even in cursive. Matches her baby voice.

It’s just another symbol of how childish she is.    I do not understand how someone gets to be her age and is still so  childish. It’s not as if she has never been exposed to the basic life difficulties that cause growth of maturity.  She was married at 17 and her parents  moved out of state.  She had a miscarriage in her early 20s and another in her 40s.    Worked alongside her husband  in places open to the public. Dealt with financial difficulties.  Was the wife of a state representative.  She’s has 19 kids, some with health issues, childhood injuries, one in the NICU, etc.  She’s the guardian for Tyler due to his mom’s drug use. She’s been on a reality show.  Her son has been convicted of a terrible crime.  Yet there’s no maturity growth at all.    

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 13

Wasn't sure where to post this but since JB is the man in charge putting it here.  I know WOACB is not very reliable but this one is a voice over and screen shots and was pretty interesting (except for her elaborating).  It is the PR plan JB that was part of the daughters' dismissed suit.  Copies of emails or texts between JB, Michelle, Jessa and Jill with their PR guy.  The PR guy pretty much wrote a script for their responses to the M. Kelly interview.  As well a plan for how to get back on TLC.  

I am still amazed at how such godly people can think it is ok to blatantly lie. It was the PR guy who told the girls to say regarding light touching over clothes while they slept and they pretty much stuck to his script.  This guy apparently was in charge of most of their social media, posting for them or approving what they would post.  We all had pretty much speculated that the interview was very scripted but the documents confirm that and who was actually writing and suggesting the script.  Just when I think I cannot dislike JB anymore......... Even though Jill and Jessa were adults at the time, I still feel sad for them that they were so indoctrinated and controlled byJB, they  willing lied about what happened to them. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

Wasn't sure where to post this but since JB is the man in charge putting it here.  I know WOACB is not very reliable but this one is a voice over and screen shots and was pretty interesting (except for her elaborating).  It is the PR plan JB that was part of the daughters' dismissed suit.  Copies of emails or texts between JB, Michelle, Jessa and Jill with their PR guy.  The PR guy pretty much wrote a script for their responses to the M. Kelly interview.  As well a plan for how to get back on TLC.  

I am still amazed at how such godly people can think it is ok to blatantly lie. It was the PR guy who told the girls to say regarding light touching over clothes while they slept and they pretty much stuck to his script.  This guy apparently was in charge of most of their social media, posting for them or approving what they would post.  We all had pretty much speculated that the interview was very scripted but the documents confirm that and who was actually writing and suggesting the script.  Just when I think I cannot dislike JB anymore......... Even though Jill and Jessa were adults at the time, I still feel sad for them that they were so indoctrinated and controlled byJB, they  willing lied about what happened to them. 

Sickening. 

• Love 6

Re: Megan Kelly interview and their scripted responses..Just as I thought..the only real thing on Jim Bob and Michelle's mind was saving their show. JB states that they had nothing to hide? Of course they did, they were hiding this whole situation. These two are something else. I feel for the daughters involved because they didn't realize tha their own parents didn't give a crap about them...once again, the show first and foremost...$$$$. Shame on them.

• Love 17
On 5/20/2022 at 11:42 AM, Rabbittron said:

Hey Clown Car and Aquqnet what do you really think about your golden boy ?

He has a servants heart and sometimes he cleans up cracker crumbs!! Oh that Anna, at least she has a husband.

-M❤️chelle

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

It’s just another symbol of how childish she is.    I do not understand how someone gets to be her age and is still so  childish. It’s not as if she has never been exposed to the basic life difficulties that cause growth of maturity.  She was married at 17 and her parents  moved out of state.  She had a miscarriage in her early 20s and another in her 40s.    Worked alongside her husband  in places open to the public. Dealt with financial difficulties.  Was the wife of a state representative.  She’s has 19 kids, some with health issues, childhood injuries, one in the NICU, etc.  She’s the guardian for Tyler due to his mom’s drug use. She’s been on a reality show.  Her son has been convicted of a terrible crime.  Yet there’s no maturity growth at all.    

according to an ex-member of Quiverfull who I follow on SM, the childish, sweet, soft-spoken,  innocent schtick is highly prized and cultivated in the cult. Its an act, but she's been doing it so long now, she thinks its real. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Sickening. 

I wonder if that extended to Jill's comment about how it happens in a lot of families in their environment.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

He has a servants heart and sometimes he cleans up cracker crumbs!! Oh that Anna, at least she has a husband.

-M❤️chelle

Sometimes helps clean up cracker crumbs. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 15
On 12/15/2021 at 2:33 PM, Westiepeach said:

If I ever gave that face to Husband… he would have me committed so fast…

I have, just for fun. We joke I don't "glorify" him enough.

Sayeth the husband: "What the Hell are you doing? That's effing creepy."

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Thanks.  Don't remember hearing him mentioned very much.

Boob usually only mentioned his father as an example of not being godly enough. Jimmy Lee was heard once to say he couldn’t understand why Boob had so many children. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Thanks.  Don't remember hearing him mentioned very much.

He passed away in 2009, I believe. There's an infamous scene on 19 Kids when JL was sick with brain cancer. He had mobility issues and was seen being wheeled through the TTH in a broken office chair.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He passed away in 2009, I believe. There's an infamous scene on 19 Kids where JL was sick with brain cancer. He had mobility issues and was seen being wheeled through the TTH in a broken office chair.

Now I understand all the broken office chair golden years wishes for JB & M.

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He passed away in 2009, I believe. There's an infamous scene on 19 Kids when JL was sick with brain cancer. He had mobility issues and was seen being wheeled through the TTH in a broken office chair.

I remember that scene. The poor man's shoe fell off and his doofus family just talked about it. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I remember that scene. The poor man's shoe fell off and his doofus family just talked about it. 

His shoe fell off because his foot got caught underneath and they didn't bother to help him out.  Or rent a proper wheelchair.

Edited by sheshark
shoe not she
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, sheshark said:

His she fell off because his foot got caught underneath and they didn't bother to help him out.  Or rent a proper wheelchair.

I think Jim Bob hated his father and demeaning the helpless old man like this was his nasty little way of getting even for whatever grudges he was holding onto.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 1
Just now, Albanyguy said:

I think Jim Bob hated his father and demeaning the helpless old man like this was his nasty little way of getting even for whatever grudges he was holding onto.

Oh, this was TOTALLY Boob's revenge. JL's last few months were horrible. What bothered me is that Mary was also living there, but seemed to do nothing.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

think Jim Bob hated his father and demeaning the helpless old man like this was his nasty little way of getting even for whatever grudges he was holding onto.

It's funny, I'm pretty sure the fifth commandment in that bible he supposedly follows demands that he honor his father. It doesn't say only honor your father if he wasn't an asshole or you didn't hate him.

• Love 22
16 hours ago, Nysha said:

It's funny, I'm pretty sure the fifth commandment in that bible he supposedly follows demands that he honor his father. It doesn't say only honor your father if he wasn't an asshole or you didn't hate him.

If you look at JB's practice of faith though you hear a lot about reading the Bible, but the actual practices he espouses and demands from those under his headship aren't really scriptural or gospel based, rather manmade.   Hence the appeal of Gothard and IBLP, which sets up these male potentates with systems designed primarily to serve exactly what they want, whatever it may be.  

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

If you look at JB's practice of faith though you hear a lot about reading the Bible, but the actual practices he espouses and demands from those under his headship aren't really scriptural or gospel based, rather manmade.   Hence the appeal of Gothard and IBLP, which sets up these male potentates with systems designed primarily to serve exactly what they want, whatever it may be.  

That's definitely part of it, but I do believe fundies like JB twist the 5th commandment in a similar fashion as what they do with the 9th.  So, you only have to honor your father and mother if they are the correct type of Christian.  A born-again Christian has no Jesus-mandated obligation to honor his Catholic/Methodist/Buddhist/Jewish/Atheist/fill-in-the-blank father.  Daddy does/did not believe in the right Jesus, therefore he's got a one-way ticket to hell, and there is no reason why you need to honor him.  

• Love 7
(edited)
23 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

How can anyone forget about his son pushing his father in a office chair when his father was dying  🤬

Edited by Rabbittron

I think JB and Michelle will be treated just as bad by the kids. I don’t think any of their kids love them. The kids are around because JB didn’t prepare them for the real world/need daddy’s $.

What’s coming for JB and Michelle isn’t pretty.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That's definitely part of it, but I do believe fundies like JB twist the 5th commandment in a similar fashion as what they do with the 9th.  So, you only have to honor your father and mother if they are the correct type of Christian.  A born-again Christian has no Jesus-mandated obligation to honor his Catholic/Methodist/Buddhist/Jewish/Atheist/fill-in-the-blank father.  Daddy does/did not believe in the right Jesus, therefore he's got a one-way ticket to hell, and there is no reason why you need to honor him.  

Exactly, the teachings of the Bible always magically line up with the beliefs of these zealots or are simply subservient to how they wish things to be.   The entire structure Gothard set up was simply the means to what he wanted -- and appealed to a lot of men desperate to subjugate women in a patriarchy in a way that makes it seem as if it's about a faithful lifestyle that benefits the family.   No, it's just a covert misdirection that seeks to take away the free will that we're all created with by design.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I think JB and Michelle will be treated just as bad by the kids. I don’t think any of their kids love them. The kids are around because JB didn’t prepare them for the real world/need daddy’s $.

What’s coming for JB and Michelle isn’t pretty.

I hope your right. They deserve it and so much more.

• Love 6
On 5/31/2022 at 6:13 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Oh, this was TOTALLY Boob's revenge. JL's last few months were horrible. What bothered me is that Mary was also living there, but seemed to do nothing.

I don't recall seeing this episode but this comment has me wondering if the man refused to use a wheelchair -- like the elderly ladies who need a walker but, out of vanity, use their folding grocery cart instead. Not safe.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

I don't recall seeing this episode but this comment has me wondering if the man refused to use a wheelchair -- like the elderly ladies who need a walker but, out of vanity, use their folding grocery cart instead. Not safe.

Possible, but if I remember he was pretty far gone. My dad had brain cancer and nothing works right mentally. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

Possible, but if I remember he was pretty far gone. My dad had brain cancer and nothing works right mentally. 

IMO we haven't seen the Duggars demonstrate empathy or consideration for others. I doubt that JB or Meech would have thought for one hot minute about JL's needs in his last days and then arranged to borrow medical equipment for his comfort and dignity. So it was "oh we need to move Dad around, here's an old chair with some wheels that will do the job." Good for the editing monkeys for keeping that footage in. 

• Like 2
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

IMO we haven't seen the Duggars demonstrate empathy or consideration for others. I doubt that JB or Meech would have thought for one hot minute about JL's needs in his last days and then arranged to borrow medical equipment for his comfort and dignity. So it was "oh we need to move Dad around, here's an old chair with some wheels that will do the job." Good for the editing monkeys for keeping that footage in. 

It wouldn't have been too hard to at least rent a wheelchair. FFS, his wife was there! 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
Just now, libgirl2 said:

It wouldn't have been too hard to at least rent a wheelchair. FFS, his wife was there! 

But, that would've cost money, they already had an office chair that he could use for free!

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’ve always wondered why grandpa Duggar wasn’t receiving actual hospice care.

My dad did for the last couple of weeks of his life. They were so good to him. We didn't pay out of pocket for it. I think Medicare covered it. I don't quite remember. 

I have a possible idea why they didn't! . My dad had a chaplain who would visit with him. Maybe they were afraid that the "wrong type" of Christian would come in? 

• Useful 6
Just now, GeeGolly said:

I don't recall seeing this show, but what is described is horrific. What assholes JB, M and Mary were.

I recall it vaguely. I also remember grandpa in bed, and someone telling him to say “hi” to the camera. I think someone was attempting to feed him. The man was either in the pre-active, or actively dying stage. They were awful with him, in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

I recall it vaguely. I also remember grandpa in bed, and someone telling him to say “hi” to the camera. I think someone was attempting to feed him. The man was either in the pre-active, or actively dying stage. They were awful with him, in my opinion.

And didn't they make a banana cake for him? 

• Love 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

If they'd gotten Jimmy Lee signed up for hospice, they'd have provided a wheelchair at no cost.  To me it's just another sign that they really didn't care not to use a service designed to ease a person's last months.  

Oops posted without noticing someone else had already brought up hospice care.  It can't be mentioned too often what a great service they provide though.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 3
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

If they'd gotten Jimmy Lee signed up for hospice, they'd have provided a wheelchair at no cost.  To me it's just another sign that they really didn't care not to use a service designed to ease a person's last months.  

Or a Geri chair. These people just suck in so many ways.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Oops posted without noticing someone else had already brought up hospice care.  It can't be mentioned too often what a great service they provide though.

They provide so much for the person. My mom went on hospice on a Friday. They right away brought in things for her including a bed. She passed the next day. They didn't even get a chance to set it up. 

No, those people don't care. 

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

My dad did for the last couple of weeks of his life. They were so good to him. We didn't pay out of pocket for it. I think Medicare covered it. I don't quite remember. 

I have a possible idea why they didn't! . My dad had a chaplain who would visit with him. Maybe they were afraid that the "wrong type" of Christian would come in? 

A person/family can politely decline a visit from the hospice chaplain.  At least for all the hospices I have dealt with.  I have had atheist patients.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, anyasmom said:

A person/family can politely decline a visit from the hospice chaplain.  At least for all the hospices I have dealt with.  I have had atheist patients.

I didn't even think about that. So, it goes back to them not caring. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

IMO they didn't sign him up for hospice care because it's a government service. This is a huge thing for them and their cult, and they justify not paying taxes because they don't use these types of services. 

JB and family lived off of "love offerings," they didn't get SNAP. They don't send their children to public schools, etc., etc.

Of course, both JB and JD have received paychecks and other benefits from the state, but that doesn't count somehow.

And they conveniently ignore the endless benefits they enjoy at others' expense: roads, airports, law enforcement, courts, fire department, etc., etc. And there are huge secondary benefits to living on the fringes of a functional society: trained doctors and nurses (and other professionals) available when they're required, a functional supply chain, functional and reliable utilities -- including communications, and so on.

• Applause 18
  • Love 1