Type keyword(s) to search

Stars In Other Roles: Doppelgangers!

• Start Topic

Sonya Eddy is certainly busy with the guest star roles - she was in Castle tonight (love me some Nathan Fillion lol) as a suspect in a murder. Who's murder? A woman named Robin.

Edited by cmahorror

I find it strange that JMB of Chicago Med is almost always on the Chicago Med board is referred to either Dr. Lulu or Dr. Lulu Spenser.

The thing is that JJ is never referred to as Lucky on the Nashville board but always his character's name.

I dont know if THAT is him, but he has talked openly about getting his start on a soap(s).

It's funny to see legit stars like Cranston & Julianne Moore and others talk openly about their soap beginnings, with Moore actually appearing on a couple of episodes when ATWT ended, compared with folks like Tony Geary who never made it out of soaps yet treat the genre and its (and his) fans with open disdain.

And then there was that asshole who appeared on the first season of Night Shift and then GH briefly playing a solider-turned-mobbie who was threatening folks to not post clips with him in it on the internet because it would ruin his career. Asshole.

• Love 2

That's definitely Cranston. It's the same face! 

And then there was that asshole who appeared on the first season of Night Shift and then GH briefly playing a solider-turned-mobbie who was threatening folks to not post clips with him in it on the internet because it would ruin his career. Asshole.

I wasn't really watching back then. I'd catch stuff when I was home sick from work. Who is it? That's hilarious. 

• Love 1

Its fucking Hollywood. We have gone from using Judith Light's performance in One Life to Live for acting classes to people not willing including to include it on their resumes. It pisses me off that soaps are no longer considered shows in their own right and are on par with doing commercials and an actor is pretty much starting from the bottom when they leave soaps, even if the racked up an Emmy.

• Love 2

That's definitely Cranston. It's the same face!

I wasn't really watching back then. I'd catch stuff when I was home sick from work. Who is it? That's hilarious.

From what's posted on IMDB, I think it was Graham Shields. It looks like he's managed to have a minor career playing small roles, including in "Gaurdians of the Galaxy".

I find it strange that JMB of Chicago Med is almost always on the Chicago Med board is referred to either Dr. Lulu or Dr. Lulu Spenser.

The thing is that JJ is never referred to as Lucky on the Nashville board but always his character's name.

I dunno about anyone else but JMB is the only reason I'd ever tune into that show and that's largely due to my affection for her GH character.

I dont know if THAT is him, but he has talked openly about getting his start on a soap(s).

It's funny to see legit stars like Cranston & Julianne Moore and others talk openly about their soap beginnings, with Moore actually appearing on a couple of episodes when ATWT ended, compared with folks like Tony Geary who never made it out of soaps yet treat the genre and its (and his) fans with open disdain.

What career? Has he even done anything else? Because I don't remember him being any good Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

Moore and Cranston went on to success in other genres, so it's easier for them to be magnanimous about their soap beginnings. TG never was able to shake off his soap trappings. I'm not making excuses for him, but it's got to be hard to desperately want to do other things and get pigeonholed as "just" a soap actor.

I think a lot of actors have higher regard for soap actors than other people in the industry do. They realize how difficult it is to give the more outlandish stories any sort of realism. And to do it day after day.

• Love 3

iNgo!!! You guys, INgo was on Friday's Hawaii 5-0. And it looks like he might be recurring at least for a few episodes. He was only in for a few seconds toward the end, but he's definitely part of a bigger story.

• Love 2

iNgo!!! You guys, INgo was on Friday's Hawaii 5-0. And it looks like he might be recurring at least for a few episodes. He was only in for a few seconds toward the end, but he's definitely part of a bigger story.

That was announced awhile back. He said he had booked a recurring gig

Julie (Marie) Berman got upped to regular on the Hulu series "Casual".

Glad to hear that.  Casual is an odd duck of a series, but I did like it and probably will watch the second season.  And for Julie Berman, it was nice to see her play someone not even remotely like Lulu.  She's quirky and fun; now that she's a regular I can see a possible story for her and the male lead.

• Love 1

Wonder what that means, if anything, for JMB's currently-recurring character, Dr. Zanetti, on Chicago Med since she is now a regular on Casual.

I think Casual is only 6 episodes a season, so she should be good to do both.

I think Casual is only 6 episodes a season, so she should be good to do both.

It's 10 episodes.  Since they did fairly well their first season - decent viewership, the Golden Globe nomination - it's possible they might get a bump up to 13-16.   But I think she'd definitely still have the time.

I'm happy for her, two regular gigs!

• Love 2

Its fucking Hollywood. We have gone from using Judith Light's performance in One Life to Live for acting classes to people not willing including to include it on their resumes. It pisses me off that soaps are no longer considered shows in their own right and are on par with doing commercials and an actor is pretty much starting from the bottom when they leave soaps, even if the racked up an Emmy.

Part of that has to do with the low quality of the writing / overall presentation that has really dragged down these shows since the 2000s started. Getting paid work on a soap - or anywhere - IS success in the brutally competitive world of screen acting. But these shows have been turned into a joke because quality of storytelling apparently no longer matters.

I get kind of mad on behalf of the actors. They should be able to celebrate that successs. But I can see why the material makes some of them embarrassed.

• Love 5

Well on last inght's 'Med, zanetti showed Rhodes an offer/acceptance letter to Johns Hopkins to heD their trauma unit. So I have a feeling JMB is off the show, although I hope not. I really like her character

So, of course, John Stamos is part of "Fuller House" as Uncle Jesse (...and don't judge me, the original was my favorite show when I was little!).  But interestingly enough, in the pilot, Uncle Jesse reveals his new job in LA is as, and I quote, "the new music composer on my favorite soap opera, "General Hospital"".

• Love 4

So, of course, John Stamos is part of "Fuller House" as Uncle Jesse (...and don't judge me, the original was my favorite show when I was little!).  But interestingly enough, in the pilot, Uncle Jesse reveals his new job in LA is as, and I quote, "the new music composer on my favorite soap opera, "General Hospital"".

And then he said, "They always cast the best actors." LOL!

When General Hospital USED to have a sense of humor.  (with John Stamos)

Edited by TessHarding2
  • Love 2
I don't know where to put this, but I thought Finola fans might be interested. It's the first episode of her short-lived primetime show, Jack's Place.

I still remember when FH was on Blossom, as Blossom's soon-to-be-stepmom.   There was a scene where Blossom was being super-bitchy to her for no reason, and I yelled at the TV "kick her in the face, Anna!"  (Although, of course, she was a different character ... and sadly did not give Blossom a beatdown).       

• Love 2

I still remember when FH was on Blossom, as Blossom's soon-to-be-stepmom.   There was a scene where Blossom was being super-bitchy to her for no reason, and I yelled at the TV "kick her in the face, Anna!"  (Although, of course, she was a different character ... and sadly did not give Blossom a beatdown).

I remember thinking "Why is Anna downgrading?"
  • Love 1

Constance Towers  was just featured in the last episode of the Hulu mini-series 11/22/63. She plays

the older, 2016 version of Sadie

,who happens to be James Franco's

love interest

in the series. Spoiler tagged her character for those watching and haven't yet seen the final episode, which was just released today. James Franco actually did great work in this series, BTW. Complete opposite awful GH garbage.

• Love 2

Constance Towers  was just featured in the last episode of the Hulu mini-series 11/22/63. She plays

the older, 2016 version of Sadie

,who happens to be James Franco's

love interest

in the series. Spoiler tagged her character for those watching and haven't yet seen the final episode, which was just released today. James Franco actually did great work in this series, BTW. Complete opposite awful GH garbage.

I honestly didn't recognize her until I read an interview with the showrunner about the finale! She was perfect.  Did Franco and Helena ever have scenes on GH?

In tribute to the late, great Prince, I'm bumping it up to say that Vanessa Marcil was in his "The Most Beautiful Girl In the World" video.

She was! The song may have been written about her, too--although given that he was engaged to his ex-wife Mayte Garcia at the time, that might be a bit awkward if true, LOL. They were very good friends, though. 

She was! The song may have been written about her, too--although given that he was engaged to his ex-wife Mayte Garcia at the time, that might be a bit awkward if true, LOL. They were very good friends, though. 

I heard the other night that the song was for Mayte. But who knows.

I recently watched Behind the Lights, and who plays a douchey record label executive? Our very own Tyler Christopher. He's very believable—GH gave him a lot of practice.

On April 25, 2016 at 1:58 PM, ulkis said:

Since 2014, [Frons] has been a "distinguished visiting professor" at the UCLA Anderson School of Management.

"Here's how you deal with people you don't like: Make the workplace just hostile enough that they leave on their own."

• Love 7

I watched Castle the other night just to see if MB was any better on a different show. He was only on for a few minutes, but in that time he did manage to do that Sonny thing of opening his suit coat and adjusting his pants. (Maybe he thinks that's a gangster thing? I dunno -- I'd think he could think up some other gesture/movement to distinguish him from the character he's known for playing.) He did manage to get his lines out without hesitating, though. But maybe that's because he had lots of time to rehearse them . . .