Type keyword(s) to search

Stars In Other Roles: Doppelgangers!

• Start Topic

Yes, he plays the dead wife's father.  I was a little stunned to see him -- an actor's gotta work, but to have gone from working with Scorsese to Lifetime movies, poor Harvey!

Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig also did a Lifetime movie recently. Some of those movies seem like they would be fun to make even if they aren't very good. 

Does anyone know if there are any clips on YouTube of Sean Kanan playing a baseball player on Who's the Boss? I've never seen that episode before.

Edited by UYI

Bradford Anderson had a role last nights Minority Report (don't judge. The pickings are slim with the new fall shows. MR is 1 of 2, I'm even giving a try this fall). He was good.

I am extremely disappointed with the new fall shows this year.

Last week I tried Life in Peices, Blind spot, Minority Report, Rosewood, and Limitless, and I won't be back for second episodes of any of them.  I only made it through 20 minutes of the latter two.

I am going to try Quantico tonight or tomorrow.  

• Love 1

I'll be surprised if, Minority Report makes it. It isn't very good. Good moments yet not a cohesive sci-fi at this point. It has one more episode to keep me. I caught the last 10 minutes or so of Rosewood. I'm not sure what Morris Chestnut was going for but he missed it.

I'm surprised you gave so many new show a try. The previews, trailers and teasers for so many of the fall shows sucked to me this year. So many of the premises were bland or fell flat to me. I've already heard a number of Fox's new shows are doing poorly, MR included.

Bringing it back to GH, when I saw BA all I could think was, "at least hE isnt a ube driver". He did a really good job (a number of speaking scenes throughout the show), I just couldn't get the Uber jokes from this board out of my head.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 2

Yay for Sean Blakemore! Maybe I will tune in for him.

Tiger, give Limitless a chance. The second episode was much better than the pilot.

John Stamos is pretty good in Grandfathered. Still mad he didn't make an appearance during the anniversary show- he has aged very well.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1

I forgot last week on 'Murder',futught it was funny that a character named "Helena"'s throat was slit. 

I wouldnt be surprised if in a future episode if a character named "Nancy Graham" was brutally killed.  

• Love 1

Finally, my chance to see Obrecht torn limb from limb by the undead

Oh, is Michelle Stafford in this too? ;)

If Dr. Obrecht tells you to put your tray table in an upright and locked position, you better do it or she'll cram it down your throat.

• Love 3

Julia Marie Berman has a substantial role as Leia on the new HULU series, Casual, and she's really good.  It took me a little while to figure out it was her.

Alisha Boe who played Daphne, Paige's friend on Days of Our Lives, has a recurring role as Becca on the same show.

They're both excellent.

• Love 2

I never really watched Melrose Place so I had zero interest in the Lifetime Movie version of it that was on tonight, but my Aunt just texted me Brandon Barash played "Michael" in it (we grossly disagree over Johnny, I'm kinda surprised she watched after seeing he's in it.) Thought I'd share, knowing Lifetime it'll probably be on later and tomorrow if anyone's interested.

• Love 1

I saw a few minutes of that and that courtyard set was so small, I think even Uncle Frank was appalled.  The staircase made the Q stairs look like some grand stair at Versailles.  The second floor was barely over the actors' heads.  And that pool looked about two feet deep and literally just wide enough for the actress to fall into.  

I never really watched Melrose Place so I had zero interest in the Lifetime Movie version of it that was on tonight, but my Aunt just texted me Brandon Barash played "Michael" in it (we grossly disagree over Johnny, I'm kinda surprised she watched after seeing he's in it.) Thought I'd share, knowing Lifetime it'll probably be on later and tomorrow if anyone's interested.

I have to see this, Melrose was my jam back in the day. I think Brandon would have played an excellent Michael. 

You want a smart, capable woman as a character? They'd put a murdered hobo and terrible love affair in her past. Wrong soap, TeeVee329.

Frank is cheap. Her terrible love affair would be with the murdered hobo (your choice on whether the affair took place before or after the hobo's demise).

• Love 3

The "murdered hobo" was a dig at Steven Lars, but I can see them telescoping the whole thing into the same person: the doctor has the terrible love affair with the hobo then kills him. Presto! The doctor has a "dark" past and current "complexity."

• Love 3

Reading that character description...why can't we get a female doctor like that on GH?

A wimmins with a career AND a personality that doesn't consist entirely of obsession with a menz or da babies?  

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . . 

Seriously, good for Julie!  I did not like Chicago PD, but I watch Chicago Fire, and I will definitely give Chicago Med a try now.  

And good for her taking a chance while she was still young and didn't have kids to feed.  I get why people with kids wouldn't want to take the chance, but people are still young and unattached should run like hell as soon as they can.

• Love 3

Real Andrews - a.k.a. Det. Marcus Taggert - has joined Days.

Is it Days' turn to try and bring on every single jobless soap actor there is? Don't get me wrong, I like Real, I just keep seeing casting announcements for that show all the time. I've only ever watched it around the time of the Marlena possession.

• Love 1

I was watching Days this week and Jason Cook (ex-Matt) is back there as Shawn Douglas Brady. I didn't watch Days when he was on as Shawn but I did see almost his entire run as Matt Hunter.

The scene that got me was when he was sitting with his dad, Bo, who was sick and about to pass out. He encouraged his dad to go to the hospital and see a doctor. I found myself asking why he doesn't just diagnose him himself - he is a neurologist after all lol.

• Love 1