Type keyword(s) to search

Stars In Other Roles: Doppelgangers!

• Start Topic

Spied Julie Marie Berman in the Chicago Med preview for next week. She plays a doctor and is making out with some hot guy in said preview.

I found it. He's pretty cute.

p.s., she goes by just Julie Berman now so no need to type in the pesky middle name anymore, heh.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Julie was not on Chicago Med last night.

After two episodes, IMHO th show is the epitome of paint-by-numbers. Even S. Epatha Merkerson and Oliver Platt, both of whom I know can act, are just reading their lines and going through the motions.

JUlie was on last week's Chicago Med. it was wonderful seeing her again, and I hope she sticks around!

Last night I watched last and this week's Chi Med, and although Julie was only briefly in both esp, I don't see a trace of "Lulu". And that's a good thing. A lot of actors play every single role, no mater big or small, the exact same way.

The show is slowly but steadily improving week to week.

• Love 1

Last night I watched last and this week's Chi Med, and although Julie was only briefly in both esp, I don't see a trace of "Lulu". And that's a good thing. A lot of actors play every single role, no mater big or small, the exact same way.

The show is slowly but steadily improving week to week.

I really liked this week's episode, and agree re Julie. I'm really impressed with her so far.

I saw John Ingle as a a clergyman of some sort, delivering a eulogy near the end of Death Becomes Her. I had seen the movie before, but not at any point during my GH time. I notice he has several ministers, reverends, and priests in his filmography. 

Not a role, per se, but it ties into his current role on ABC's Nashville: here's Grand Ole Opry video of Jonathan Jackson singing "Unchained Melody." It has every bit of passion in it that JJ put into his late 90s storyline with BH's Liz. So beautiful. I want to say, "I love this kid," but he's clearly a man. Whatever. So great.

• Love 2

That performance gave me goosebumps. JJ rocks as a talented singer. I think that he has performed at the Grand Ole Opery as least 11 times

He expresses so much emotion in most of his songs. He is so talented.

Edited by Lillybee

Not a role, per se, but it ties into his current role on ABC's Nashville: here's Grand Ole Opry video of Jonathan Jackson singing "Unchained Melody." It has every bit of passion in it that JJ put into his late 90s storyline with BH's Liz. So beautiful. I want to say, "I love this kid," but he's clearly a man. Whatever. So great.

I actually posted this in the News thread last night. I wasn't sure if it belonged here or not, lol. 

Watching Jackson on Nashville definitely turned me into a JJ fangirl.  I liked him on GH, but he's grown way, way beyond the show.  I hope he finds something really wonderful to do after Nashville; it seems headed for likely cancellation. 

Thanks for posting the clip; I've only seen videos of a few of his original songs, and a couple from the show.  (The Exes should be a real band.)

Sorry if this was mentioned before.  Now I know why new Paul Hornsby looked familiar.  He was the guy on Seinfeld who called both Elaine and the ugly baby "breathtaking".  

This breakfast is breathtaking. 

uglybaby.jpg

• Love 2
Sorry if this was mentioned before.  Now I know why new Paul Hornsby looked familiar.  He was the guy on Seinfeld who called both Elaine and the ugly baby "breathtaking".

I'd forgotten about the Seinfeld appearance!  Though I think Burgi, for me, is always going to Karl from Desperate Housewives.  Oh, and bad guy Decker on Chuck.

I think he's quickly headed into "Hey, it's that guy!" territory, if he's not there already.  I just looked his IMDB credits list and he's worked pretty much nonstop since the early 90's.

Is it creepy or oddly comforting that the Liz Taylor White Diamonds ad continues to air?  I can't decide ...

(This is relevant because Liz Taylor played Helena Cassadine that one time ...)

I actually echoed that same creepy observation to a family member not long ago. It is creepy and it should stop now that she's gone. Every time it airs, I think, "I see dead people." (Thank you, The Sixth Sense!)

Is it creepy or oddly comforting that the Liz Taylor White Diamonds ad continues to air?  I can't decide ...

(This is relevant because Liz Taylor played Helena Cassadine that one time ...)

I'm oddly okay with it still airing.

I just love that she kept up the glamour until the very end, just as one would expect her to. 

For reasons that remain unclear, even to myself, I am watching today's episode of Young and the Restless.   TR popped up in today's episode as -- whatever character he plays over there -- and my immediate thought was "Hey!  You're supposed to be with Robin and the rest of your family, buddy!"  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 2

Just watched a soap themed rerun of Dharma and Greg on the cable channel Ovation, with three GH guest stars! Leslie Charleson (Monica), Julie Pinson (Eve from PC--she crossed over to GH sometimes, too), and Matthew Ashford (Tom Hardy). Morgan Fairchild was in it, too. 

• Love 1

Man, I have missed watching JT getting scenes that were worthwhile. I checked back into Y&R to catch up before he moved and I think I'm going to stick with it for awhile.  I know Pratt is...Pratt but things are actually happening on that show and I haven't watched it consistently enough to be enraged by Pratt's writing for the characters

• Love 2

Man, I have missed watching JT getting scenes that were worthwhile. I checked back into Y&R to catch up before he moved and I think I'm going to stick with it for awhile. I know Pratt is...Pratt but things are actually happening on that show and I haven't watched it consistently enough to be enraged by Pratt's writing for the characters

After watching him on Y&R, it's clear (to me) what happened to JT this past year on GH. 50% no material, 50% he was over it and was sleeping through his scenes.

• Love 3

Man, I have missed watching JT getting scenes that were worthwhile. I checked back into Y&R to catch up before he moved and I think I'm going to stick with it for awhile.  I know Pratt is...Pratt but things are actually happening on that show and I haven't watched it consistently enough to be enraged by Pratt's writing for the characters

Plus, and this is totally unfair to the regular Y&R viewers, but Pratt being Pratt is easier when you don't know the characters quite as well.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

There was an episode of the original L&O on Saturday night that JE in it. It was during the Angie Harmon years.

The original L&O and its spinoffs had a lot of NY soap stars. Glad some of the west coasters got in on it, too.

Too bad L&O: LA was a train wreck. I think it was trying to do for all the CA soap stars as the NY-based L&O shows did for the NY soap actors. Wally Kurth was on one of its episodes.

I think Jason & Gina have major chemistry.

It's the mischief in their eyes! Their story just intrigues me more.

I'm still trying to give JT/AH a chance, but they kinda already bore me. To be fair, though, it's hard to make ILY 4-EVAH believable on Day 1. I've also just never been into AH...she's way too low-energy.

• Love 1