Type keyword(s) to search

Stars In Other Roles: Doppelgangers!

• Start Topic

I started watching The 100 on netflix and for the first few eps. I hated Raven just because I remember how god awful the actress was on GH. But I'm over it now and quite like her. It must have been GH that made her act so terribly on the show because she is good in this one. 

I got The Official General Hospital Trivia Book* for Christmas (yes, I'm THAT kind of nerd--believe me, I  have COUNTLESS TV books), and there is a funny story in there that relates to this thread:

A few years before she was on GH, Crystal Carson (Julia Barrett) was in the movie Who's That Girl? (one of many, MANY attempts of Madonna's to be an actress, but also the name of an awesome late 80's pop song of hers, so there you go), and on the third day of shooting, she had to be on set really early. When Madonna saw her, she said, "We don't look so pretty at four in the morning, do we?", to which Crystal responded, "I wouldn't talk. You look like shit." They got along great after that. :P

I just had to share that with you guys. 

*Published in 1997, so super-outdated now, but still fun to read.

• Love 2

I saw TFGH's newest star, Rebecca Budig, on a "How I Met Your Mother" rerun last night. She played a girl that went on a date with Ted and was even clingy-er than him. I think it was a late season 5 episode.

Edited by Tiger

I saw TFGH's newest star, Rebecca Budig, on a "How I Met Your Mother" rerun last night. She played a girl that went on a date with Ted and was even clingy-er than him. I think it was a late season 5 episode.

I can't watch that show since the finale just...spit on everything. (I know that sounds dramatic, but I hated it that much!), but I do remember Budig, now that you mention it.

• Love 4

I can't watch that show since the finale just...spit on everything. (I know that sounds dramatic, but I hated it that much!), but I do remember Budig, now that you mention it.

Lol we are the same. I cant even watch reruns. It still makes me so angry. 

• Love 2

Pulls up a seat. Add me to the list. overall I enjoyed the show while watching, now I won't even watch a rerun because of the last season /ending.

• Love 3

For me, the show started going downhill in the back half of season 6* and seasons 7-9 sucked with few notable exceptions. Ron may have given some GH personality changes, but the writers of HIMYM gave all five characters total personality transplants at the beginning of season 7. The changes were so glaring, it's as if they were all Days of our Lives recasts.

*I think the exact episode where things started to go racing downhill was the one where Ted & Zoey realize they love each other by finding out from Marshall who was still with his mom. The show was still genuinely great until that episode, IMHO.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

You guys know the finale was universally panned, right? :) you're sitting at a giaaaaaaaaaaant table.

Oh, I know. If you ever venture to the HIMYM forum, you may find my very obvious feelings in the finale thread along with everyone else. LOL! And with that said, we should maybe go back to bitching about GH, instead.  :-P

• Love 2

Speaking of JVP, I was just looking up the original Cupid tv show on IMDb because I was reminded of it and was shocked to see JVP was in 10 eps. I do not remember him at all! I wanna rewatch it now!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

Did anyone see Jonathan Jackson sing on that Nashville special last night? I don't watch the show but was flipping through channels and he had just started. Normally I am a NINs or Nirvana kind of girl but he just blew me away. It was so beautiful. I hit record and have watched it a couple of times. Highly recommend trying to find it on demand or youtube etc. the audience was just stunned. Song was called How to Learn to Live Alone.

Edited by Sasha
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Thanks to Google, I found the writers. It is Mary Gautier and Grechen Peters.

This is the version that he did on the show last year. The Opery version was so much better.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 2

Speaking of JVP, I was just looking up the original Cupid tv show on IMDb because I was reminded of it and was shocked to see JVP was in 10 eps. I do not remember him at all! I wanna rewatch it now!

The show with Jeremy Piven?? Whaaaat. Is it up anywhere? I mostly remember Piven.

On the last Person Of Interest "Maya" was a con girl I'd not at all object to popping up again. It was good seeing her and she sold the part.

• Love 1

A Martinez, Roy Di Luca, 2002, is on Longmire, season 1 and 2, at least. He is playing an Indian elder. Goodness, he is looking his age at 67.

I respect him for looking his age than going all Joker and stretching his face to kingdom come.

• Love 2

Linda Elena Tovar (Rosalie) is in a commercial for Oscar Mayer Carving Board sandwich meats. 

That commercial has been running for a while (Well, the series of commercials. There are a few of them.) I recognized her right away.

I am currently watching thirtysomething on DVD, and John Ingle was in an episode during the final season. He also played minsters in at least two wedding episodes of sitcoms: The Facts of Life (Rick & Jo's wedding) and Coach (Stuart & Kelly's). 

Yea, GH clearly stifles an actor's ability because Lindsey Morgan is great on The 100. She was the only reason I stuck with it for as long as I did.

I had seen her vimeo page prior to her starting on GH and was excited cuz she had alot of good stuff on there. Then she got the worst material on GH. She filmed a tv movie recently.

Just saw Chrissie Fit in Hulu's new show, Resident Advisors. I'm surprised I still found it so easy to recognize ole Mercedes. She was pretty funny.

Chrissie Fit is in Pitch Perfect 2 as well as Teen Beach Movie 1 and 2. I've been following her since she left GH.

Ah, right. I believe he played a pervy rock star rapist.

Roche was actually on twice, Wendy, and that wasn't the time he played C Square. The episode in question was called Patsy, where he was supposed to have killed this woman's sister, so the woman may (or may not have) put herself into a coma by accident to frame him for hurting her.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer

Roche was actually on twice, Wendy, and that wasn't the time he played C Square. The episode in question was called Patsy, where he was supposed to have killed this woman's sister, so the woman may (or may not have) put herself into a coma by accident to frame him for hurting her.

Oh! I forgot that one! Thanks for the correction, @Cobalt Stargazer!

On the last Person Of Interest "Maya" was a con girl I'd not at all object to popping up again. It was good seeing her and she sold the part.

Annie Ilonzeh's 3rd episode of POI is coming up soon.

My dvr has started recording other shows and movies that current and past GH stars have been in like Bradford Anderson's Castle and Tamara Braun's Cold Case, and marking them as suggestions.

Today it recorded a Lifetime movie with no GH stars, but one of the Ford Brothers from OLTL. I watched a bit of it and the Ford bro actor was actually really good at playing a psychopath. But I was confused because I think his character was supposed to be obsessed with his male roommate, but the actor played it as (jilted) love. The Ford Bro then hooks up with the roommates mom, after killing the roommate, and the actor couldn't sell the attraction to the mom at all.

If Uncle Frank ever brings him to GH he definitely needs to play a gay psycho. Maybe he could play Lucas' ex that was obsessed with him and tries to kill Brad but accidentally kills Felix instead.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3