Type keyword(s) to search

Stars In Other Roles: Doppelgangers!

• Start Topic

Jack Wagner (ex-Frisco) is appearing on the season finale of the Hallmark's series, When Calls the Heart. He's appearing along with James Brolin. Not that I watch, but what an interesting combination! 

Jonathan Jackson is shining on Nashville.  This is a tune he did on the Grande ole Oery.

I'm so happy for JJ.  The GH thing didn't work with what Guza/Wolfe? put him through.  This is his perfect job combining the music/acting.  I hope they don't keep him on the producer track though.  He's such a fabulous artist.  

• Love 2

Not only is JJ  shining musically on Nashville, he has amazing chemistry with Hayden Pannetierre (sp?) Maybe even better than he had with BH when L&L2 was shining

• Love 1

A few nights ago I saw Tony Geary on a 1990 episode of Murder, She Wrote. It was odd to see him with dark hair. One thing was obvious though, he's not a good actor.  He came across as obnoxious and over-the-top in a show where he was just a guest actor.  I've also seen Genie Francis in a few old Murder, She Wrote episodes, it's always nice to see her.

• Love 1

I just caught Rick Springfield playing (what else, *g*) a rocker on Lifetime's Drop Dead Diva this past Sunday. 
It should rerun an hour before the next weeks episode next Sunday.

It made me miss Dr. Noah Drake. Wish they'd bring him back. Patrick could use a shoulder right now.

Britta, Kelly Thiebaud, was on Castle.  Episode called Nikki Heat and number 47.  Castle is very kind to soap actors (I think thanks to Nathan Fillion).  Sarah Brown and Bradford Anderson have both been on the show.

One of the many things I love about NF is, he is very willing to embrace his soap roots.  For the 10,000 episode of OL, FV took a chance of asking him to reprise Joey Buchanan, I think expecting him to say no.  NF gladly came back and was wonderful (I especially loved the scene of Viki with her sons at Joe Riley's grave.)  And he and Dorian...they did not miss a beat.

Other GH actors in other roles, Corbin Berenson (ex-John Durant, aka Slagbeast's dad) appeared on an episode of Castle playing the leading man on a soap where the head writer was killed.  Which was a cool episode all around, even with RB and CamMat in it as well.  Hey, Martha Rodgers was in a soap!  That's cool enough for me!

Claire Coffee (Nadine) has been on Grimm since it started. She's got awesome comedic timing GH didn't really utilize and her bitch please - face is the best thing ever. She was also on Franklin & Bash where her character had a brief love triangle with characters played by Mark-Paul Gosselaar and James Van Der Beek. Lucky gal.

• Love 1
(edited)

ALW (Courtney Matthews) was on The L World, I saw her naked, her body is F I R E. Lord Have Mercy ! She played Cindi for seven episodes in 2008.

She also starred in an episode of CSI: Miami and then she landed the role of Elizabeth Wakefield in the 64-episodes American Heiress series.

'American Heiress' didn't air in America but in other countries.

Edited by smoothoperator

I saw Ingo/Jax in Tyler Perry's Alex Cross the other night. My wife is a James Patterson and Tyler Perry Fan. I like Perry but Patterson gives me hives, so she was surprised that I was watching. I did not have the heart to tell her it was to see JAX!

JJ has performed at the Grand Ole Opery 10 times since the start of Nashville. I think that this is a great representation of his talent.

He can also sing Broadway standards. If anyone cares I can post links to Broadway Cares.

Lindsay Morgan (ex-Kristina) is guest starring on the CW's The 100. She's just as stilted as she was on GH. 

She's actually a regular now and she's shining on The 100. She's a fan favorite.

Even if I hated actors on GH, I'm always glad to see them do well away from it. I have the idea that Frank and Ron try to blacklist anyone who leaves the show, so subsequent success is a nice finger to them. (I'm sure it's not true, but it's satisfying to think it is, since we know how petty Ron is on Twitter.)

• Love 1

I've also seen Genie Francis in a few old Murder, She Wrote episodes, it's always nice to see her.

I loved GF as Jessica Fletcher's niece!  Those were always fun episodes.  Angela Lansbury had quite a few soap stars on Murder, She Wrote (one of my fave old school shows).

I loved GF as Jessica Fletcher's niece!  Those were always fun episodes.  Angela Lansbury had quite a few soap stars on Murder, She Wrote (one of my fave old school shows).

If I remember correctly, she even had Tony Geary on as a Russian, if memory serves.

I may regret writing this later, but honestly I don't think there is anything that Cartini could do to Lucky that  could he worse than what Guza and Wolfe already did.  

As far as im concerned, the character of Lucky is totally ruined and the only way to cure would be to reveal the "Lucky" that Luke and Felicia rescued was an imposter and the real Lucky has been off somewhere else since '99.

• Love 1

I think that if we ever see Lucky again, it will be a quickie exit with Liz.  The best then would be the way they ended Cord and Tina on OLTL (which wasn't awful honestly, just too rushed for me.)

I hope we never see JJLucky again. HATED him. Hated the whining, the incessant crying, becoming a dead beat dad by choice and more than anything, I hated how suddenly he was Jason's BFF. I can't watch Nashville because I hate Jonathan Jackson too much. I want to punch him in his ferret face every time I see him in anything.

• Love 1

I know this is kind of on the old side, but, Kathleen Gati was in the Season 5 Finale episodes of NCIS.  She played on old nemesis of Gibbs.  I loved the one short scene she was in at the end of the episode.

(edited)

Not sure how suited this is for the thread, but it's a 1991 interview with the late Norma Connolly (Aunt Ruby). She talks about her formative years, move to New York to start her acting career, and her work with SAG, the importance of SAG, working hours, how far ahead the scripts are in terms of what's going to happen next, etc.

Edited by PeteMartell
  • Love 1
(edited)

I recently saw a season 5 episode of The Facts of Life (shut up! I love that show--I watch it on DVD and feel like an honorary 80's kid at heart at 25, LOL :P), which guest starred Robin Bernard (Terry Brock) as a movie star who begins attending Langley College with Blair and Jo. This would have been about 2 years before she was on GH. 

Does anyone remember the Full House episode where Jesse and Becky got married? Kin Shriner guest starred in it. I've always loved how he and John Stamos have stayed friends after all these years :) .

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

Brandon Barrash aka Mr. Kirsten Storms aka Johnny Z is going to be a new show called "Navy" on the DirecTV channel.  Apparently it's a boxing drama starring Nick Jonas.

I recently saw a season 5 episode of The Facts of Life (shut up! I love that show--I watch it on DVD and feel like an honorary 80's kid at heart at 25, LOL :P), which guest starred Robin Bernard (Terry Brock) as a movie star who begins attending Langley College with Blair and Jo. This would have been about 2 years before she was on GH.

I remember that! 

(edited)

As far as im concerned, the character of Lucky is totally ruined and the only way to cure would be to reveal the "Lucky" that Luke and Felicia rescued was an imposter and the real Lucky has been off somewhere else since '99.

What?  You didn't know that Lucky never returned to Port Charles after being kidnapped by Faison.  Eventually the WSB rescued him, around about 2001.  The only thing that helped him get through the trauma of that ordeal was helping Emily recover from her paralysis.  Why did both of them have doppelgangers running around Port Charles, in the years that followed?  Well that's a long story.

Edited by ParadoxLost

A year after BJ died on GH, Brighton Hertford appeared as one of Mary-Kate and Ashley's friends in their You're Invited to Mary-Kate and Ashley's Sleepover Party video. I was 8 when I first saw that, and since I hadn't watched GH then I didn't know who that was. But years later once I saw what BJ looked like I realized it was the same girl. 

I finally got around to watching StarTrek Into Darkness. Sean Blackenmore who took about 2 months time off GH was in it. He played a Klingon who had about 90 seconds of screen time. His acting makes me think that he could play the perfect Vulcan. Star Trek fans will know what I mean.

A year after BJ died on GH, Brighton Hertford appeared as one of Mary-Kate and Ashley's friends in their You're Invited to Mary-Kate and Ashley's Sleepover Party video. I was 8 when I first saw that, and since I hadn't watched GH then I didn't know who that was. But years later once I saw what BJ looked like I realized it was the same girl. 

She was also on Dawson's Creek in Season 2. She played the bratty younger sister of Jason Behr's character whose name escapes me right now. He slept with Jen and was a douche about it and I feel like if I keep typing stuff out, the character's name will eventually come to me CHRIS WOLFE! For the love of God. It was the episode, "The All-Nighter."