Type keyword(s) to search

Stars In Other Roles: Doppelgangers!

• Start Topic

D'OH! Lisa LoCicero was also on Law & Order. Playing the daughter of a vicious rapist played by Pauly*, and defending that he was innocent of all those rapes until he tries to rape her friend, and she takes him out with a baseball bat.

*Burt Ward==Pauly, brother to Talia Shire's Adriannnnn!!!!!

• Love 1

L&O and its franchise shows (CI, SVU) seemed to be a depository for NY-based soap actors. Harder to name who didn't appear! On the west coast equivalent, the blink-and-miss Law & Order: Los Angeles, I did see Wally Kurth in the episode."Zuma Canyon".

Surprisingly, very few OLTL actors appeared on L&O. Slezak, Howarth, depaiva, woods, strasser...never appeared. FL was on at least once, judge fitzwallace was on several times. Cat hickland was on. But few others, I always wondered why,,,

Lane Davies was in an episode of Coach where he played the director of a coffee commercial Hayden and Christine were in (or at least, Hayden was in it before they replaced him with someone else they thought was better).

He was also in, I think, a few episodes of The Practice as the brother of a woman whose husband was on trial for her murder. 

Lane Davies was in an episode of Coach where he played the director of a coffee commercial Hayden and Christine were in (or at least, Hayden was in it before they replaced him with someone else they thought was better).

He was also in, I think, a few episodes of The Practice as the brother of a woman whose husband was on trial for her murder. 

Aaaand he was also playing a recast Ridge on Bold & the Beautiful many years back, heh. I remember him saying, unlike Moss, you wouldn't be seeing him wearing any "skivvies."

• Love 1

A couple of goodies from the wayback machine:  Sunday night, we were watching the MeTV lineup and guess who we saw?

Dan Rooney ('memba him?) was the gun running villian on "Rockford Files" and Tracy Quartermaine was Dabney Coleman's mistress, marked for murder, on "Kojak."  Good times!

• Love 1
Sorry, like most of the Serena/Christina/Anna Donely rumors, I don't believe that one.  Considering the "caliber" of younger actors that have actually made it on-screen (Lindsay Morgan, Jimmy Deshler, etc.), 

This does make me wonder though, are some of the young actors just totally crushed by the schedule of GH? Because Lindsay Morgan got a job on a WB show and from all accounts is not mind-bogglingly horrible. Or have I heard wrong? Has anyone watched "the 100"?

his does make me wonder though, are some of the young actors just totally crushed by the schedule of GH?

I think so, especially if they have little to no acting experience. It's a lot to learn in a very short period of time.

I have Kim McCullough on the brain now, because we've been discussing her in the media thread.

Does anyone else remember when she showed up on The Shield a few times?  Her character was a car thief.  I never bothered to learn this character's name, she was always Car Thief Robin to me.  She flirted outrageously with one of the cops every time she was arrested, too, which was a lot of fun. 

I don't know who around here had the unfortunate circumstance of watching 7th Heaven, but that had quite a few GH'ers most notably NLG as Principal at Matt, Mary and Lucy's high school. A young JMB was also on as a friend of Lucy's. KSt was on a few episodes as Simon's girlfriend Laura Cummings. Brad Maule (Tony) was in 12 episodes as well. And ALW (Courtney) was on it for several years.

I have Kim McCullough on the brain now, because we've been discussing her in the media thread.

Does anyone else remember when she showed up on The Shield a few times?  Her character was a car thief.  I never bothered to learn this character's name, she was always Car Thief Robin to me.  She flirted outrageously with one of the cops every time she was arrested, too, which was a lot of fun. 

KMC was fun in those episodes. There was nothing Robinesque about that character. She was also in an episode of Firefly and she was believable as the nasty whore.

I use to be a faithful CSI viewer. I remember the episode KMc appeared in as a vampire/goth girl. I didn't know she was going to be in the episode & was shocked at how similar one of the vampire chicks looked like KMc. I was paying more attention to her than the story. Sometime during the interrogation scenes I was sure it was actually her. I had to rewatch in order to put the story into context.

I liked seeing her in JAG, too.

Edited by BestestAuntEver

I always loved how Kim had that small role in Legally Blonde, and then when Elle is depressed after Warner dumps her, she's in bed watching GH (it was a scene with Liz and JY's Lucky). 

• Love 2

Oh you should - she's really good in it! And Rick Springfield plays her dad, LOL.

And Dominic Zamprogna plays her boyfriend, hee.

I don't know who around here had the unfortunate circumstance of watching 7th Heaven,

It used to be on before Buffy so I would always catch the tail end unfortunately ;)

Edited by ulkis

I use to be a faithful CSI viewer. I remember the episode KMc appeared in as a vampire/goth girl. I didn't know she was going to be in the episode & was shocked at how similar one of the vampire chicks looked like KMc. I was paying more attention to her than the story. Sometime during the interrogation scenes I was sure it was actually her. I had to rewatch in order to put the story into context.

I liked seeing her in JAG, too.

Wait, what? I've seen every single episode of JAG and Kimberly wasn't in it. So I checked, and I think you mean DAG.

Today I've seen KSu in both an old L&O:CI and this new Nickelodeon show about a kid superhero.  Granted she was only on screen in each for a few minutes, but she was actually good in both.  Not an eyebrow-wiggle in sight.

She also looked better on both than she ever did on TFGH.  On this show her hair always looked awful and she had huge bags under her eyes.   But it's pretty much par for the course that everyone looks better in real life pictures and on other shows than they do TFGH.

Edited by Tiger

It's sad that B&B (which I recently decided to check out) has as many Q's as GH does. (And Thorsten Kaye as an added bonus.) I still don't really get the backstory or even current storylines :-) but it makes me want to cry, it's so pretty. It makes the rest of the airing soaps look cheap and shopworn in comparison.

Dr. O's character (the housekeeper) on Arrow still gets mentioned online. 

• Love 1

Surprisingly, very few OLTL actors appeared on L&O.

Kamar de los Reyes played a celebrity chef in one of the later seasons. I remember hoping that meant he was never going back to OL. 

The actors who played Anna Craig and Wanda Wolek on OLTL back in the day were on lots of episodes, both playing judges.  And Michael Zaslow (David Renaldi?) had a couple of memorable episodes on L&O. 

ETA: Speaking of L&O, David Groh played some awful characters on it also. I still remember his turn as Brock. 

Edited by tessaray

It's sad that B&B (which I recently decided to check out) has as many Q's as GH does. (And Thorsten Kaye as an added bonus.) I still don't really get the backstory or even current storylines :-) but it makes me want to cry, it's so pretty. It makes the rest of the airing soaps look cheap and shopworn in comparison.

I have been watching B&B too. I started watching in order to get ready for SK's arrival. I don't get all of it & parts aren't to my taste but I'm enjoying the hell out of SK's scenes. In regards to the characters, at times I'm still thinking of them as Dillon Q, Lois & AJ.

The sets, location shots & clothes makes GH look like a dumpster.

• Love 1

I remember KDlR on L&O and thinking he was just as bad as he was on OLTL lol! He just played an angry chef instead of an angry cop.

Judge Fitzwallace was also on L&O as a judge several times. I always loved Fitzie! But I'm talking about major actors like Slezak, Woods, Ritchie, Howarth...

Judge Fitzwallace was also on L&O as a judge several times. I always loved Fitzie! But I'm talking about major actors like Slezak, Woods, Ritchie, Howarth...

Taking this to the OLTL thread. 

D'OH! I knew I'd forgotten another Perry Mason movie!

Sean Kanan first appeared as Michael Nader's estranged son in Perry Mason: Case of the Maligned Mobster. This was 2 years before he did the Killer Kiss one. And my oh my oh my...does Kanan look just as hawt as a bitter, angry teen, leather and earring and...

Where was I again?

• Love 2

Vanessa Marcil was in the new Hallmark movie "Stranded in Paradise." Her face didn't look as scary as it did the last time she was on GH.

I keep meaning to try out B and B since there are so many GHers on there.

• Love 1

I didn't see the movie but I saw a promo for this and VM looked great.  It looks like she either reversed whatever she had done to her face,  or it settled.   She looked terrible during her last two GH stints and it was such a shame because she was so naturally gorgeous.   She should have just aged naturally. 

I didn't see the movie but I saw a promo for this and VM looked great.  It looks like she either reversed whatever she had done to her face,  or it settled.   She looked terrible during her last two GH stints and it was such a shame because she was so naturally gorgeous.   She should have just aged naturally. 

I saw it and unfortunately I found it boring.  I so wanted to like it, because VM was in it, but alas....  She looked gorgeous though.  I especially loved her in the red dress at the end.  That is such a nice color on her, wish she would wear it more often.

I didn't see any chemistry with James Denton, which is surprising because VM usually has chemistry with everyone.  It was nice to see her back on tv and I will always support her.

I agree- the movie was boring. I can't understand why they didn't show off Vanessa's rocking body- she was in flowy shirts, pants and long dresses. She was so pretty that I hope if she returns to GH we get this Brenda and not the botoxed one.

• Love 1

The Vanessa Marcil Hallmark movie wasn't bad ... For a movie that was almost 40% filler.

I still enjoyed it, though! Pretty setting, pretty people, some romance ... I'm easy. I thought she looked lovely and did a great job.

I did laugh at how tiny, tiny Vanessa just is too small for most clothing. I guess it's not the GH wardrobe people - she just is too damn small!

I finally got around to watching the TCh/RMo Wife Swap.  I really liked Tyler and his wife.  But Ron Moss is such a stupid delusional motherfucker.  I actually felt sorry for his wife.  

And that's when I think the character finally got interesting. Drew Garrett could only play rage, and he was screaming his lines all the time. I actually couldn't stand the character because of it. He was also very slight in build and looked like he was perpetually 15 years old.

I thought Drew could only play rage as well, until I saw him in Criminal Minds. It was around the same time, I think, or before he was cast as Michael. He could play vulnerable, and grief-stricken. And he did it very well. I just don't think they gave him a chance.

This was the best place I could think of posting this bit of 'other roles.' Not any actor but the show, GH itself, starring in another show!  I was watching the second season of Diagnosis Murder, "Death In The Daytime" or something like that, where several actors from Young and The Restless were playing themselves...and the temporary director was having fits because of all the "accidents" that were happening on set, and in frustration, she accuses Dr. Mark Sloan (Dick Van Dyke), Jack (Scott Baio) and Amanda (Victoria Rowell) of being spies and demanded who sent them, "General Hospital"?? Which made me snicker.  Keep in mind, this was 1995, and during a time when GH was GOOD, and before we were infected with the hosebeast and Jason Morgan, hitman, and the axis of EVUHL/Moballthetime.

I know that Young and The Restless was no. 1 at the time, but GH was also right up there.