Type keyword(s) to search

Stars In Other Roles: Doppelgangers!

• Start Topic

Derk Cheetwood/Max is on TNT's the last ship. he's playing a state trooper. 

Mr TVeyeonyou and I were watching The Last Ship together and we both yelled at the television, "Hey! It's Max" said I at the same time he said "isn't that the guy from General Hospital?"

I like him more on The Last Ship because there's no Sonny to ruin everything.

• Love 1

Home sick with the flu binge-watching Criminal Minds on Netflix.   Season 1, Episode 17 features the guy playing Felix.  It was a non-speaking role, and he was only on screen for about 10 seconds before being shot to death. 

I cheered.

• Love 4

Home sick with the flu binge-watching Criminal Minds on Netflix.   Season 1, Episode 17 features the guy playing Felix.  It was a non-speaking role, and he was only on screen for about 10 seconds before being shot to death. 

I cheered.

OMG, I needed the laugh. Thanks for that, Rancide. (Not the fault of poor Marc Samuels; I just hate Felix that much.)

• Love 1

He comes on at minute 38:00.  And it turns out I celebrated a bit too soon. The part wasn't entirely non-speaking.  After being shot, he managed to linger long enough to stammer out perhaps 5 or 10 words before he finally expired.  But whatever.  He still ended up dead.  I'll take it.

ETA:  "Hallelujah" begins playing immediately after he dies.  I'm not making this up.

Edited by Rancide
  • Love 1

I am glad that I am not the only one binging on Criminal Minds. Rena Sofer, Lois Cirillo Quartermaine, was on Season 5, episode 10, The Slave of Duty. She had a pretty big part as a victim who tried not to get killed. She did a good job.

I have a cute story from the GH coffee table book that relates to this thread.

Remember how Fin played Carol, the stepmother on Blossom? Well, according to KMc in the book, at one point near the end of that show's run, she went to visit Fin on the set of that show (which she was a fan of herself), and Fin took her over to meet Mayim Bialik. This is what happened next:

Mayim: OH MY GOD. ROBIN, ROBIN, I'm your BIGGEST fan!

Kim: No, I'm YOUR biggest fan!

Then they screamed and laughed. Just a really sweet story.

Makes me wonder if Kim watches Mayim on BBT now.

• Love 2

Jimmy Dressler (Rafe) was on Criminal Minds in 2012. He played a developmentally disabled teen who grew up to be a sadistic psychopath. I was impressed, he showed that he had acting chops even though he only was on screen for a few scenes.

I'm slowly watching Supernatural and Season 2 had me looking up dear old Amelia Five-Head again. And I was convinced it was Darby Stanchfield, only to find out it was Annie Wersching in the 11th episode. Both actresses have done quite well post-GH, but I always get them mixed up!

My Y&R watching friend is trolling me with screen stills of Steve Burton on Facebook.

My God. His face never changes. I'm scared and amused and laughing.

Also, on Dancing With the Stars, Antonio is freaking hot.

I want Jagger/Brenda reunion or maybe a Sam/Jagger thing since KeMo did the show too. Meeeow!

Actually Annie landed a comedy pilot and that was why she left for 2 weeks and not for 24.

Plus both Darby and Annie have been on NCIS as has:

Megan Ward

Kiko Ellsworth

Jimmy Deshler

Sean Blakemore

Brandon Barash

William DeVry

Ethan Rains

I think there might be a couple more

I remember Dominic as a kid in F/X 2, the very cheesy movie I went to see when I was a few years younger than him. He was maybe 12 or 13, but he has a very distinctive face which I recognized when he turned up on GH - I was shocked as hell to realize it was the same person.

I had watched every episode of Battlestar Galactica including the damn web mini-series that featured Dominic and I still didn't recognize him when he showed up on GH. I'm still ashamed. :weeps: That said, I've never gone back and watched the episode where they

kill him off because I'm afraid I'll actually tear up

this time around, heh.

Future Jason Billy Miller had a sizable recurring role on the CW show "Ringer", which is on Netflix if you didn't watch it the first time around.  He played a shady guy who got mixed up between the twins played by Sarah Michelle Gellar.

*small voice* That show was such a guilty pleasure of mine.  It had its problems, but such potential.

Edited by TeeVee329

That show was a mess. If only they'd have let the freak flag fly. It could have been so bananas and fun.

I remember Jason Dohring as one of the many crazy-ass characters on that show, but I can't remember Billy Miller's part. Might be time to refresh my memory....

• Love 1

TheGourmez, Billy Miller played

good twin Bridget's friend from AA, who turned out to be some kind of hired henchmen working for evil twin Siobhan.  He's the one who kidnapped and then killed the best friend after she found out about the twin switch.

Here's an old one I forgot, but I have the DVDs (hush!) and was reminded: Constance Towers was in an episode of the cheesy-rific but fun Silk Stalkings as a nice woman (gasp!) named Karen Krane who knew Rita (the lead female cop) as a girl and is matriarch of the very family Rita and Chris are investigating in a murder. The episode is "Ask The Dust" from Season 4.

And while not in the same episode, Billy Warlock played a dirty cop in a Season 3 episode "Judas Kiss" and returned in Season 5 in "Family Values" in a different role.

Robin Mattson also played a villain in a Season 3 episode, "Schemes Like Old Times". Silk Stalkings used many soap actors.