Type keyword(s) to search

Stars In Other Roles: Doppelgangers!

• Start Topic

Oh definite trainwreck. However will say that HP was good. It made me think that she could really shine with better material and that she is being wasted on GH. Or actually the fact she hasn't been featured more on GH is a waste.

• Love 2

Watching the Rifftrax version of the horrible musical "The Apple" and I thought that one of the dancers looked familiar - I was right. Finola Hughes is a dancer in the film.

Here she is briefly highlighted in one of the musical numbers Speed.

It happens at 1:05 if you don't want to sit through the whole horrible number.

And yes, that is Catherine Mary-Stewart (ex-Kayla, DAYS) as the lead.

• Love 2

Well, now I've seen the first hour of HP's movie, and it's just as big a mess. The movie has no idea what it wants to be. I thought HP was pretty good, though, considering how terrible the script was. I wonder if she felt this was a step up from GH content-wise.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, cmahorror said:

Watching the Rifftrax version of the horrible musical "The Apple" and I thought that one of the dancers looked familiar - I was right. Finola Hughes is a dancer in the film.

Here she is briefly highlighted in one of the musical numbers Speed.

It happens at 1:05 if you don't want to sit through the whole horrible number.

And yes, that is Catherine Mary-Stewart (ex-Kayla, DAYS) as the lead.

If you happen to like movie podcasts you should check out How Did This Get Made. They have an episode on The Apple. 

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-apple-live/

• Love 2

As a horror movie geek, I occasionally go to horror film conventions so I get their newsletters when they put together their panels and guests. Guess who's coming to Texas Frightmare in May for their first convention appearance ever? Rick Hearst (Ric). RH starred in the cult classic Brain Damage in 1988 back when he was still known as Rick Herbst.

http://www.texasfrightmareweekend.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094793/?ref_=nv_sr_1

• Love 2

I guess this is the right place for this, BM is in this movie I've got on the tv called Fatal Honeymoon and I swear from the few minutes I've seen so far, I like him better when he's not Jason or Jake or whatever incarnation he's playing on TFGH. At least his smile isn't a grimace. I'm assuming he turns out to be the bad guy but he seems like he's actually acting instead of going through the motions. YMMV

• Love 2

So I'm watching a movie called Frailty, excellent film directed by and starring the late Bill Paxton and co-starring Matthew McConaughey, and I think that Agent Griffin Hull looks familiar. I look it up and the gentleman in question is Derk Cheetwood aka Max Giambetti. He was calm and believable in a small role and he held his own in his shared scenes with Powers Booth.

• Love 1

I finally watched Joy, and I really got a kick out of seeing LW, among others, in the fake soap within the movie. Her hair and costumes were hilarious. It cracked me up that MB had about three lines. Someone had seen him on GH.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, jsbt said:

UGHHH please no: Lindsey Morgan (NuKristina) is rumored to be Joss Whedon's Batgirl.

She's a good actress. Way better better than Lexi. 

And she's more like Ex Kristina now not NuKristina. It's been like 4 years since she's been on GH

Edited by In2You
(edited)

I'm going to be the contrarian here. She was terrible on GH and I still don't care for her! All hair and yelling! Prove yourself, Lindsey Morgan! Step Up 2 The Streets!

Edited by jsbt
(edited)

It's not like Joss Whedon has historically focused on acting ability for his leads, with the exception of Firefly. He seems to care more about chemistry. SMG and ED were amongst the weakest actors on their respective shows

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, jsbt said:

I'm going to be the contrarian here. She was terrible on GH and I still don't care for her! All hair and yelling! Prove yourself, Lindsey Morgan! Step Up 2 The Streets!

Like Kristina now?

Lindsey has given some pretty good performances outside of GH. But by all means for your opinion based solely off limited work from 4 years ago.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1

Tamara Braun has a small role (as in one scene) on the latest season of "Bosch."  She doesn't look like she's aged at all (and I still think Chloe Lanier is a dead ringer for her).  Also, Shawn Blackmore was on a couple/few episodes of "American Crime" this season.  

On 4/19/2017 at 0:23 AM, TheGourmez said:

Coleman!

Speaking of, although it's not on his IMDb page, I'm pretty sure Blake Gibbons is playing "Snake" on Days of Our Lives -- a pimp who drugs women and makes them disappear and is also dealing in some new drug called, "Halo."

Hudson West (nu_adamrichish_jake) did a solid job as a kid with a tumor whose parents' stupid religion won't permit surgery to remove it in an episode of Gray's Anatomy.  GA's director did a good job with the young actor but not enough to take away from the main GA characters limelight.

16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I've been wanting to rewatch Party of Five so badly! I wish it was on Netflix.

If you in the US Party of Five is on Netflix, I don't think it's been there long because it just showing up in my recommendations but it's there.

5 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

If you in the US Party of Five is on Netflix, I don't think it's been there long because it just showing up in my recommendations but it's there.

Yep, I just checked. It's definitely there now.