Type keyword(s) to search

Stars In Other Roles: Doppelgangers!

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

What is the S/I/N/S thing?

It was this incredibly weird thing where some people were running a scam where they were supposed to be doing a bunch of TV series, one of which was a nighttime soap called S/I/N/S.  There was an IMDB page for S/I/N/S that listed Nathan Parsons as a castmember along with a bunch of other people.  This page stayed up for months.  Then all of a sudden it came down and it came out that it was a scam.  Meanwhile Nathan Parsons and the other actors listed are losing out on roles because casting directors think they are busy working on this non-existent TV series.  The whole thing was just bizarre.

EDITED TO ADD:  Oh, I forgot, it was actually on the point of filming when it got shut down, and Rick Hearst got swept up in the weirdness, too:

http://soapcentral.com/gh/news/2016/0909-hearst_parsons_sins.php

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 1

I'm watching Ingo Rademacher in a Christmas movie right now (A Royal Christmas Ball). 

He is truly dreadful in it.  I am dumbfounded at how stilted he is.  He should never be allowed to take a role that requires an accent.  He doesn't even have the excuse of trying to pull off a real accent.  He's the King of some fake country.

• Love 1

I am watching A Royal Christmas Ball too.  It is really bad. It also stars the actress who plays Molly and the actor who plays Felix.  All of the acting is awful.  It feels as if the actors had been given their scripts a few minutes before the scenes were shot so they did not have time to memorize their lines or rehearse with their fellow actors. 

• Love 1
On 12/10/2017 at 11:26 PM, movingtargetgal said:

I am watching A Royal Christmas Ball too.  It is really bad. It also stars the actress who plays Molly and the actor who plays Felix.  All of the acting is awful.  It feels as if the actors had been given their scripts a few minutes before the scenes were shot so they did not have time to memorize their lines or rehearse with their fellow actors. 

Haley is just not a good actress to me. I've seen her on GH and off GH and her acting has just been really  bad.

On 1/9/2018 at 10:51 PM, statsgirl said:

Lexi Ainsworth showed up on the 6x11 episode of Major Crimes as a bottle blonde prostitute.  And to my surprise so did Ashley Jones (Parker).  What's up with that?

Her voice grates so much. I had to mute my tv during her pleas for help in the finale. 

• Love 1

I recently watched the Gilmore Girls revival and didn't recognize Julie Berman as a trophy wife even though she was in a scene with Carolyn Hennesy. Right after that I watched Into the West, and while I knew Tyler Christopher was in it, there was a guy playing an escaped slave who looked familiar and who I really liked until the credits scrolled and I saw that it was Sean Blakemore and then I was over it.

TC was really good in Into the West. His last few years on GH kind of put me off him as an actor, although it's probably less his fault than that of the writers who decided to suddenly make him evil but not in a way that made any sense. So I get that at some point he decided to play Nik as just perpetually annoyed even though it wasn't interesting to watch. I might try to watch him on Days (which I've never seen a single episode of) just to see if he puts in any effort there.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, ccphilly said:

I love Max and Megan!!!  I HATED Gabrielle with a passion  only a 12 year old girl could have for a fictional character.  I meant were they ever together on GH.

Awwww, I kinda liked Gabrielle and Max. SHe could be whiny but they were HOT together :)

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:16 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Actress who plays Jordan was on NCIS last night--she played the cheated on wife who put a hit out on her cheatin' husband and the woman he wuz havin' an affair with.

And she looked even more beautiful with minimal makeup. :)

• Love 2

I was watching a re-run of "Bones" tonight (from the time that Booth was in a relationship with a blond journalist) and the actor who now plays Lucas on GH was the pervy boyfriend of a suspect. Booth questioned him because he had a camera in her bedroom to record her having sex with other men. Strange to see him with blond highlights in his hair.

Lindsey Morgan is one of the stars in the movie Summertime which will premiere 4/27 at Tribeca

tumblr_p6xvnp48MC1rhvwvxo1_1280.png

Summertime, directed and written by Edward Burns. Produced by Aaron Lubin, Edward Burns. (USA) – World Premiere. Set in the summer of 1983 in Rockaway Beach, the film follows a group of recent high school and college graduates as they work summer jobs, fall in and out of love, and prepare for their new worlds to begin after Labor Day weekend. With Pico Alexander, Edward Burns, Amadeus Serafini, Caitlin Stasey, Rita Volk, Lindsey Morgan, Anthony Ramos.

• Love 1

Ignacio Serricchio, who played the riveting roles of Diego Alcazar *and* Zombie Text Message Killer Diego, is Don West, one of the main(ish) characters in the new Lost in Space on Netflix. He's aged well. 

• Love 3

Not exactly a role, but I really couldn't figure what category this belonged in as it does pertain to GH very peripherally:

Does anyone follow Dan Bell's Dead Mall Series on YouTube? It's a very popular series and channel and Dan uploaded another dead mall today. Well, the intro to this one (he is always creative with those!) features none other than a younger Steve Burton...on the Psychic Friends Network with Dionne Warwick. I think it was held at the Florida city being featured, but the splice done to Steve's phone call cracked me up.

Here is a link to the video if anyone is curious.

• LOL 1

I'm watching Perry Mason on DVD, and Constance Towers was in one of the episodes I watched tonight.

She sang in it, and um...was really awkward and loud. I hate to say it annoyed me, but yeah, it did. A lot. 

4 minutes ago, UYI said:

I'm watching Perry Mason on DVD, and Constance Towers was in one of the episodes I watched tonight.

She sang in it, and um...was really awkward and loud. I hate to say it annoyed me, but yeah, it did. A lot. 

She appeared on it at least six times as different characters; as did Original!Edward David Lewis, and the actor who played Dan in the early ‘80s and flirted with Jesse?

Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

She appeared on it at least six times as different characters; as did Original!Edward David Lewis, and the actor who played Dan in the early ‘80s and flirted with Jesse?

I can't tell you how many times I've recognized actors who appeared as other characters in different episodes, it's nuts. (And I swear I remember Peter Hansen in at least one episode, too!)

Actually, speaking of David Lewis, his episode of The Andy Griffith Show is one of my favorites, and I remember Rachel Ames (Audrey) being in an episode as well. 

Kelly Theibault is in a commercial for some new OTC drug. No dialogue, just smiles and touches with her partner (who’s like 1000 times better looking than BRydog!) ?

I was really bored yesterday afternoon and channel-hopped to the Hallmark channel, where Jen Lilley was valiantly trying to make a go of it in Yes, I Do. The movie was so bad I turned off the TV after about 10 minutes.

• Love 1

I watched American Pastoral over the weekend, and the actress (Hannah Nordberg) who played a younger Joss, plays the Dakota Fanning's younger self.  Strange and disturbing movie.  Hannah was excellent and it was a challenging role.

• Love 2