Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E04: Week 4

• Start Topic

The only reason I question the "editing" explanation for how Chris just got up and walked away, is the look on Britt's face and what I thought looked like a genuine surprise reaction when he left. She totally looked like someone not expecting that and not sure what to do in the few moments after.

• Love 1

I didn't like either Britt or Chris in that confrontation.  There's something about Britt I don't like and maybe it's her assumption that she's a front runner or simply the clash of yellow skin and maroon lipstick, but it isn't her place to question another girl's rose.  I wouldn't be surprised if Chris was influenced by the sight of Kaitlyn's bare behind, but it could also be that he really likes her fun loving personality.  When Britt got the first impression rose nobody complained to Chris about his rewarding her behavior of overly long hugs and making out at the very first opportunity.

On the other hand Chris should have been able to articulate some of that.  It's not that hard to say, "You're wrong.  I wasn't judging anyone's behavior for good or bad, I just appreciated how Kaitlyn's upbeat personality made what could have been a long afternoon a little more fun."

Chris just doesn't have the charm, chat or cuteness for this part.  This is the third bad pick in a row for "The Bachelor" lead.  Heads should roll.

I agree with all of the above. I couldn't stand Andi, but I have to admit she was one of the best TBs at making interesting conversation and drawing the guys out. Chris really seems to lack any basic curiosity about any of them. I would be worried he's one of those guys who, once he has his trophy gf, thinks the relationship should revolve around him.

I thought I'd like Britt being more critical of TB than we usually get, but I didn't. I think she is so certain she's his favorite and the frontrunner that it bothered her ego that he gave the rose (and a previous one on one) to Kaitlyn. She's got a lot of personality so I don't think its fair to assume he was just "choosing with his eyes" because she stripped down.  And dragging other girls into -her- question--"they're" talking about you, too--isn't fair to them, casting shade at others, not just standing up for her own feelings. 

Ashley I continues to confuse me--as does her advancing. I guess he didn't want to seem discriminating against a virgin. She sure seems to get a lot of mileage from that. "I hope when he knows I'm a virgin he'll respect me and realize I'm good marriage material."

Huh? And then, basically, "If he dumps me tonight it's because I told him I'm a virgin." Uh, no. It could be because he finds you boring and weird about the whole "Want to know what makes me unique? Are you ready? I'm a virgin!!!!" I loved Becca's off-handed mention of it. Haha, Ashley. Not only aren't you "unique" and special for that in the house, but you see someone else who doesn't make a big deal about it (so far) at all. IF it's true (which I doubt, just based on the way she acts), maybe it's just No. Big. Deal. in influencing whether Chris wants to get to know you or not. (She seems like an extremely boring girl, when she's not throwing herself at him, but maybe that's just me.)

Re: CH's blog. Don't know about EW, but he's definitely blogging for Yahoo this season.

• Love 2

I think Britt was totally out of line suggesting that Chris was rewarding Kaitlyn for her stripping. It's not like that's all there is to her. She seems like one of the smarterst and most interesting people there. Besides what does Britt know about their relationship? But I also don't understand why Chris couldn't simply say "I gave her a rose, because I feel like we get along great and I want to get to know her better." Instead he kept stammering for about 5 minutes, unable to form a single coherent sentence. How on earth can it be so hard? I thought this man had a college education? Just getting up and leaving surely didn't speak highly of his communication skills either. I think he only appears to be a gentleman because he's terrified of confrontation. Typical passive aggressive "nice guy".

I am so over Ashley I. I felt like 50% of the episode was about her and I just don't care. I have never in my life seen a more immature 26-year-old. She thinks she's a Disney princess? Oh lord. She sounds like she just hit puberty. I think Becca is younger than her, yet she sounds about 20 years older. I love Becca, especially after how matter of fact she was about being a virgin too. So classy and sane. What on earth is she doing on this show?

Am I the only one who thought that wedding dress race was really unfair? I mean Nikki had a train, while Jillian's dress only went below her knees. A couple of them also had strapless dresses which probably kept falling down all the time. Not that Jillian wouldn't have won anyway, but she seemed the best dressed for running. She also confirmed the stereotype of fitness freaks being really into themselves and unable to talk about anything else than diet and exercise. Yawn.

Oh shy and demure Jade! She should've worn the sparkly dress that showed off her every curve, since she must've paid quite a bit for them. The date with the movie playing in the background was just ridiculous. But I'm glad we learned a bit more about Chris's engagement. He probably met her in college and they went to live in different places afterwards.

Kelsey seems like a fake bitch, but I did love the "Really?!".

I'm also starting to think Nikki and Samantha have some clause in their contract that says they can't be shown speaking. Why didn't Nikki even get an exit interview? Surely they could've cut out some of Ashley I's whining to fit her in.

• Love 8
Am I the only one who thought that wedding dress race was really unfair? I mean Nikki had a train, while Jillian's dress only went below her knees. A couple of them also had strapless dresses which probably kept falling down all the time.

Yeah, I kept thinking that it was set up for a "wardrobe malfunction", because you simply CANNOT run in a strapless dress, unless it is professionally fitted to hug your curves securely.  And even then - a lot of women use double-stick tape for insurance.   The women in the strapless dresses were shown with one hand on the neckline of the dress while they were trying to run.  

I'm disappointed in Chris that he felt he even had to TRY to explain himself to Britt.  All he had to say was "I like her.  I like a lot of the women here, all for different reasons."   If Britt truly felt that he was acting improperly, then her recourse is to not accept the rose at the rose ceremony.  (why doesn't anyone DO that?)  

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 2

Ashley I is incredibly annoying. she babbled on and on about the princess date. She's so immature and if her idea of a perfect date is to dress up in a ball down and go out dancing then obviously Chris is not he guy for her. Does she think they will go on these fancy romantic dates in Iowa. The camping date that she complained is more of the type of thing Chris enjoys. Loved Kelsey's honest commentary but thought she was laying it on a bit thick for camera time. She's a beautiful woman and I don't see her being interested in a farmer (even a rich one) from Iowa. I have been spoiled but from watching Jade she seems like the total girl next door and so sweet and pretty. I love her voice. She and Chris seem to have a lot in common. Some of these women are such idiots- looking at you Megan, Mckenzie and Ashley S. Chris REALLY can not think on his feet. When Brit was questioning him he couldn't form even one coherent thought. He sounded like Ashley S almost.  I think he sees Brit as the popular girl that turned him down or was too good for him in high school. He seemed to become enraged over her questioning him. And he gave her the last rose and made her wait- his way of putting her in her place.

• Love 2

I got a kick out of watching Jillian flame out. The diet/fitness chatter was nauseating enough but the whole "Would you rather have sex with a homeless person, crazy, bird in hair (Ashley S?) or be celibate?" was pretty, pre-tay bad.

Sorry but I would be so pissed having to pitch a tent (hey-yo!) in the dirt in a freaking bikini. Do they force them to? Chris was clothed.

Couldn't they have tipped them off that the sisters were coming? They all looked like crap and dirty.

Megan, who still looks like Juliet from Lost to me, and wow those boobs: "Use only three senses: Taste, smell and I don't know what else." hahaha

Basically the Cinderella "ball" was dinner alone in a hallway and dancing on a dance floor the size of a plate.

Has this show done a cross-promotional thing like that Cinderella date before?

Muppets comes to mind. And that Brave movie when they were in Scotland with Sean. And everything Neil Lane. 

Prairie Fire Pure Michigan totally! I thought one of the truck commercials after her complaining about the pond was a Pure Michigan spot and I thought, perfect timing!

• Love 4
it looked like they didn't even make it to the meal, just clean white dinner plates sitting there?

Sharleen (the opera singer from Juan Pablo's season) blogs a lot about the Bachelor and she's said that all meals were always eaten off screen. The Bachelor and the contestants never actually eat together. A producer brings them their meals separately as they get ready for the date. So once they get to the actual dinner date, they've both already eaten, and if they are ever brought food during the date it's usually cold because it's been sitting around, so they don't generally eat during the dates, even if the sole premise of the date is that they are having dinner.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Jimmy Kimmel was kind enough to break down one of Chris's monologues.

Hee!  "That answer was so dumb he gave it a rose at the end of the show."

I'm not a fan of Kimmel's humor generally like, at all, but I have to admit his Bachelor stuff is pretty on point.

I swear I heard Chris say some shit about "Jade and I's date". After hearing his incomprehensible babbling with Britt , I'm not sure he was even speaking English, so it's hard to say.

Yep - he said it was the beginning of "Jade and I's fairlytale".  there's a special school where all the  Bachelors and  Bachelorettes learn to speak this peculiar sort of grammar.  I hear this phrase on this show, and the Amazing Race.  

• Love 1
Am I the only one who thought that wedding dress race was really unfair? I mean Nikki had a train, while Jillian's dress only went below her knees. A couple of them also had strapless dresses which probably kept falling down all the time.

Totally agree. I mean I know the whole thing's kind of a cheesy setup anyway, but I wish they'd made the wedding dresses more "equal." They should've all been at least the same length, and either all strapless or all with straps/sleeves (preferably the latter).

• Love 1

Yep - he said it was the beginning of "Jade and I's fairlytale".  there's a special school where all the  Bachelors and  Bachelorettes learn to speak this peculiar sort of grammar.  I hear this phrase on this show, and the Amazing Race.  

Besides "our fairytale", is there a better way to say this?  It seems to me every other way is ambiguous.

They did a tie-in to a Disney story before - redheaded princess. Maybe Tangled?

So was this the episode where there was supposed to be a bunch of people mad and upset cause he had sex with someone? Totally confused. And it looks like next week Kelsey causes drama? I was with her at first with her dissing the other girls and the date but then she just sounded like a whiner.

Besides "our fairytale", is there a better way to say this?  It seems to me every other way is ambiguous.

"Jade's and I's fairytale" is 100 percent, no going back, makes baby Jesus cry, unambiguously wrong. Deeply wrong.

"Our fairytale" and "Jade's and my fairytale" are the only options.

• Love 18

"Jade's and I's fairytale" is 100 percent, no going back, makes baby Jesus cry, unambiguously wrong. Deeply wrong.

"Our fairytale" and "Jade's and my fairytale" are the only options.

Seriously. Every time someone says "I's" a Bachelorette gets a ratty weave.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
Chris just doesn't have the charm, chat or cuteness for this part.  This is the third bad pick in a row for "The Bachelor" lead.  Heads should roll.

Fleiss needs to stop letting "America" choose the lead based solely on the edit they are given in the previous edition of the show. Because America's taste is crap obviously! Cast someone with personality.

Kardashley just makes me seethe with rage, I can't with that idiot and her ridiculously fake clumpy eyelashes. I don't remember ever feeling such hatred for a contestant before. And the way she tries to devour Chris every time they kiss, straddling up and bending him over backwards, just yuck I can't watch. She needs to go.

Can't tell Megan and Julia apart, tonight I finally realised they were 2 separate people and not just one.

Someone upthread said that men don't want to hear about your workout (in regards to Jillian). I think no one wants to hear about your workout, other than your trainer. She just crumpled when he told her he wasn't feeling it, I felt bad for her but seriously she needs to learn how to talk with people and not at them.

• Love 4

First off - kudos to all of you who even know the girls names.

Pure Michigan totally!

Do you all see our commercials in your states too?  I will say that unless the bachelor takes me glamping, I'm not going.

Jillian - ha ha ha.  I loved when she was going on and on and he said, "I'm thinking of unicorns and fairies.....".  They should have made her talk like the adults in peanuts.  Loved how she did not get the rose.

Virgin - some of the 800 reasons why you are (possibly) still a virgin:

The caked on makeup - most guys would be terrified of what you "really" look like in the morning.  Who goes swimming with a face full of makeup?

The horrible kissing - it's like you want to chew his face off.

You are a Disney princess?  Really?  My niece is a princess and she is 4, her sister who is 6 is just coming off the princess thing in public.

You were just on a group date and are mad you didn't get the 1 on 1 date - do you know how this show works?

You told him at least 3 times are a virgin and yet feel the need to go back and explain one.more.time.

Jade - I am confused by this one.  Prior to the start of the show did we not find out he knew her?

• Love 3

I was thinking that a good match for Carly--since she said she wants a man like her grandpa--would be that pantsaprenuer JJ who relished dressing up as old people with Andi. I don't think she has a shot with Chris but it was funny when she said she stopped when she got to the big balls on the obstacle course bc she was "offended".

Do you all see our commercials in your states too?

Yes! I'm in California and see that one a lot. The soothing tones of Tim Allen.

Edited by Kbilly
  • Love 2

I don't think Britt has ever seen the show, because if she had she would know that the Bachelor doesn't like to be told that a woman he is falling for is "a fake", "not here for the right reason", or "is different when he isn't around."  A Bachelor has never taken kindly to being "warned" or being told that he "lacks" good judgment.  Every season, when someone comes to the startling realization that the Bachelor/ette is also dating other people, I just want to scream.  It's almost as if they don't  know the premise of the show.  Is it my imagination or is Kaitlin doing a lot more private interviews than the other ladies?  She is one of my least favorites, which means if she doesn't win, she will be the next Bachelorette.  Never fails.    

Edited by Adeejay

I was so disappointed that we didn't get to see more of the sisters and their interactions with the women, let alone hear anything about why they chose Jade! If Chris is so close to his sisters and values their opinions enough for them to come to the mansion and grill (hee) these 'ettes, then why not actually show more than a few snippets of it?! What, you didn't want to cut into any of Ashley I's screen time? &*$% that.

Roses are not necessarily doled out in person in the order we see them given in the final edit of the rose ceremonies, and TB/ette is not always in full charge of who gets one and the order, anyway. So, I wouldn't read into it that Chris was being spiteful to Britt by giving her the last rose...who knows what is production manipulation or not, so I try to give benefit of the doubt to those who voluntarily(!) submit themselves to the whims of this silly show.

• Love 1

I don't think Britt has ever seen the show, because if she had she would know that the Bachelor doesn't like to be told that a woman he is falling for is "a fake", "not here for the right reason", or "is different when he isn't around."  A Bachelor has never taken kindly to being "warned" or being told that he "lacks" good judgment.  Every season, when someone comes to the startling realization that the Bachelor/ette is also dating other people, I just want to scream.  It's almost as if they don't  know the premise of the show.  Is it my imagination or is Kaitlin doing a lot more private interviews than the other ladies?  She is one of my least favorites, which means if she doesn't win, she will be the next Bachelorette.  Never fails.    

And especially when you consider that we're a month into the season. Like, that is more than enough time to discern that. If this is gonna happen every time, I'm all for having each season only have 15 girls and having it over by President's Day at the absolute earliest.

• Love 1

I also thought that it was weird that Chris first told the group - the sisters will pick the one-on-one. Then immediately shipped six of them off on a group date. They weren't even in the running for the one-on-one.

Edited by scribe95
  • Love 3

Did anyone notice the round patch on Jade's back?  Guess a tattoo in the middle of her upper back wouldn't go with the princess theme.  Jade is so pretty and wholesome looking. 

I'm surprised she doesn't just model clothes.

My husband caught that, saw that they'd tried to cover it up. Didn't fit with their Princess theme.

LOL about Jade, of all people, being the chosen Disney virginal princess.

That said, what is with Ashley's sense of entitlement? It's always "no one wants it as bad as I do! No one deserved it like I do!" Total drama queen with a heaping of "me me me"ness.

I kind of dug Kelsey ragging on the mud-hole date. She's right, that was crap for a lake to swim in. Awful place. She started to come off as whiney, but it'd be tough to fake enjoying a dumb date with some of these women.

I agree, sarkygal. I was on Britt's side in that discussion. I can't put a finger on what Chris is really looking for. He keeps the most immature childish women around, he keeps very nice women (Becca), and total nutcases (Whitney until tonight), and outspoken brash chicks willing to take off their clothes (Kaitlyn). That said, Britt probably shouldn't have said anything specifically about the other women and the previous date she wasn't on.

I loved how Becca revealed she was also a virgin. So low-key, because it is NOT her defining characteristic! Take note, Ashley I -- who got a ridiculous amount of air time! Geez, we get it already.

Glad Jillian is gone so I no longer have to look at that ridiculous black box. Such an overplayed joke. She also sounded like she had marbles in her mouth and spoke way too fast. Seemed genuine, though, if exercise obsessed.

I also thought that it was weird that Chris first told the group - the sisters will pick the one-on-one. Then immediately shipped six of them off on a group date. They weren't even in the running for the one-on-one.

My husband got caught up in that and obsessed about it for the entire first hour. He kept wondering when the other women would complain, and how was that fair? Harrison should have worded it differently, because it was badly handled.

Edited by Rhondinella
added spoiler tags

I agree, I thought this was weird too. I felt like the sisters should've met all of them, even if it was over two different days or something.

I'm wondering if he was told to pick however many girls were left behind as who he wanted to do a one on one with and then the sisters picked from his selection. IDK I'm not bothered since I highly doubt every girl is in contention for the one on one each time anyway. There's just a few he is interested in. What I am surprised by was her getting to keep the shoes and earrings. Do they usually do that on the princess date? I can't remember anyone getting to keep stuff before. Correct me if I'm wrong, I probably am, this show doesn't tend to stick with me from one season to the next. If so, I would be sad not to have gotten that date. Of course, I'm not head over heals for Chris so I'd be happy to have a nice parting gift of overpriced shoes and earrings I could sell. lol

I still can't figure out what Crazy Eyes (Ashley S?) deal is. Insane, drugged, acting. If she's acting, we will know about it soon, otherwise it was pointless. She'll only get other acting gigs if people know it was all fake. I'm guessing she is on some medication that didn't react well to all that booze they practically pour down their throats.

And Ashley I is...I just can't. Is she fourteen? Because I recall virginity being a big deal back then, but once I hit college no one really cared. She is clearly using it as a carrot she is dangling in front of him, which makes her a tease in my book, since she has to have used it in the past. The trouble with that is, that hook only works once. Then what does she have to offer? An obsession with Kardashians? Ugh. She also looks bad without makeup (at least she did on the camping date. I thought she looked better in past eps, but I might have been thinking of the long raven haired girl who isn't her or Jillian. I think there is a third on in there somewhere. I see her in the group shots now and then.)

• Love 3

Every season most of the girls remind me if someone. I thnk Jade looks like Katie Holmes. Whitney looks like Jenna Elfman. Ashley S. looks like a young Jessica Lange. Any other thoughts?

Britt favors Miley Cyrus circa Hanna Montana to me.

• Love 1

I can't remember anyone getting to keep stuff before. Correct me if I'm wrong, I probably am, this show doesn't tend to stick with me from one season to the next.

I'm right there with you on not clearly remembering anything from season to season, but I think Emily got to keep some sparkly necklace from Brad and I'm more doubtful about this, but didn't Michelle Money keep some type of jewelry from some guy? She's been on this franchise, and it's relatives, so much they all run together for me.

Everyone named Ashley this season is crazy and needs to go home. Stat. (Thank you, Chris, for getting rid of one, even if she didn't care.) One Crazy A leaves, one remains.

When Jillian was talking and talking about herself, all I could think was, men HATE that, they only want to talk about themselves and have their dates tell them how great they are. I was reminded of that classic line men say to women: "I love your eyes; I can see myself in them." Then Chris admitted he stopped listening and started thinking about unicorns. WTH? I call BS on that. He really was thinking about what other woman could have been on that "most romantic date EVAH!" and what he could do with his "handsy thing" with her. And what a drag Jillian had to win that stupid wedding-dress contest so he was stuck with her instead of someone he could mack on and feel up a bit.

After the edit Jillian got, I'm convinced TPTB HATE her, and that black bar is, indeed, just to cover up the *ss she is so proud of so no one can see it. That black bar, as another poster wrote, is just a "Take THAT, Jillian. We put a black bar on the body part you love the most, just because we can."

I'm positive the sisters picked Jade for the Cinderella date because she's from Nebraska, which is even more isolated than Iowa, and she has her own company that could be run out of Chris' house.

Cinderella date ... how awkward. Chris is no dancer. All I could think was, too bad Maks or Derek weren't there to take Jade on a real Cinderella spin around the waltz floor. Instead ... it was Elaine Bennis (?) embarrassing to watch.

Loved the lady with the pink hair being a stylist. Gotta love Hollywood.

And finally, who the heck cares who is a virgin? Anyone? Hello ... Is that some new big deal or something? This show is making it seem like "virgin" is some gigantic cross to bear. All I could think was, who gives a sh*t. Because I don't.

Chris did finally reveal his seven-year engagement. I wonder if he said more and it got edited out. I know if I had been that date, I for sure would have dived in for the scoop.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2

When Chris said all he could see was unicorns, I pictured him seeing little birds and faeries and unicorns flying in a circle around Jillian's head, interspersed with stars and rainbows.

Lookswise, Jade reminds me of Laura Leighton back when she was on Melrose Place in the 80s.

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Love 3

I think Britt was totally out of line suggesting that Chris was rewarding Kaitlyn for her stripping. It's not like that's all there is to her. She seems like one of the smarterst and most interesting people there. Besides what does Britt know about their relationship? But I also don't understand why Chris couldn't simply say "I gave her a rose, because I feel like we get along great and I want to get to know her better." Instead he kept stammering for about 5 minutes, unable to form a single coherent sentence. How on earth can it be so hard? I thought this man had a college education? Just getting up and leaving surely didn't speak highly of his communication skills either. I think he only appears to be a gentleman because he's terrified of confrontation. Typical passive aggressive "nice guy".

I totally agree, only I think Britt's accusations made the process suddenly become "real" for Chris, and he realized that this confrontation would definitely make it on the air, and he froze, knowing that his reputation was on the line, and he walked away because he knew he was blowing it and he needed to compose himself. I really don't think he's typically passive aggressive, just maybe hyper aware of how he'll be presented on tv.  As for the pre rose ceremony, "if you doubt I'm doing this for the right reasons then you can leave" speech, that was totally encouraged by Chris Harrison, cuz he's constantly back stage trying to make this show happen and pulling those Bachelor puppet strings.

• Love 2

Obviously to each their own, but for me the Chris/Britt conversation made me think less of Britt, whom I loved prior to this episode. Before talking to Chris, she seemed a bit insecure about the relationship he was developing with Kaitlyn, although that didn't bother me at all as that's human nature. Who wants to see a guy they like making connections to other women? However, she goes up to him and starts referencing how all the other girls on that date felt because of his choices and how they were questioning whether they should go home, yet not one person on that date brought it up with Chris nor did we have much air time given to other women being worked up about it the way Britt tried to portray that date. (Mackenzie had a billion issues with the date beyond just Kaitlyn getting naked.) Then Britt basically said to Chris that he gave Kaitlyn a rose because of sex and/or Kaitlyn getting naked which is pretty damn insulting to both Chris and Kaitlyn. There are many ways Britt could have delved into understanding Chris and his motivations without making it about a date she wasn't even on. It came across to me as jealous and petty on her part. 

• Love 5

How exactly did Britt think Chris was going to react? "Hey, thanks for the insight into a date you weren't even on. Oh, and the producers asked me to keep the crazies." I think he was a lot more polite than another guy would have been in that situation.

Sorry lipstick, you're no longer the front runner.

• Love 4

I think I'd have told Britt it's none of her business. Has she never seen this show? The lead always keeps ones he likes and ones he/she has fun with. And frankly he's the lead and if she doesn't like it then GTFO.

I have seen enough Ashley I to last a lifetime.

• Love 2

Best line of the night, Carly about Ashley: "Her mouth isn't a virgin."

You mean like bjs?  In high school the really, really religious girls would only do anal so they would still be virgins???????????  This was in the 70s.

I'm positive the sisters picked Jade for the Cinderella date because she's from Nebraska, which is even more isolated than Iowa, and she has her own company that could be run out of Chris' house.

Nice catch!  I can see that.

How exactly did Britt think Chris was going to react? "Hey, thanks for the insight into a date you weren't even on. Oh, and the producers asked me to keep the crazies." I think he was a lot more polite than another guy would have been in that situation.

Sorry lipstick, you're no longer the front runner.

Yes. I didn't really care until she brought the other girls and their disdain into it. She was trying to shame him and make sure he knew what a worthless male he was and others had taken notice. Not ok, Britt. I hate "criticism" like that.

Ashley I-lash is bad TV. I'm irritated people behind the scenes disagree. She doesn't entertain or say anything witty. I'm pissed at myself for even mentioning her because it perpetuates non deserved buzz.

I felt Chris and Jade had a nice one on one. He seemed at ease. They panned out and had music and I saw their mouths move so I think they had some light conversation too.

He's a really bad bachelor. Other than us addicts, I can't imagine a newcomer seeing this and deciding to partake. Fuck he's boring and does nothing for me sexually. Look, I think he'd be horrific in the sack. Yeah, I went there.

• Love 8

Ashley I-lash is bad TV. I'm irritated people behind the scenes disagree. She doesn't entertain or say anything witty. I'm pissed at myself for even mentioning her because it perpetuates non deserved buzz.

And I'm pissed that you're making ME perpetuate her annoyances by quoting your post.....

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3

I thought I'd like Britt being more critical of TB than we usually get, but I didn't. I think she is so certain she's his favorite and the frontrunner that it bothered her ego that he gave the rose (and a previous one on one) to Kaitlyn. She's got a lot of personality so I don't think its fair to assume he was just "choosing with his eyes" because she stripped down.

And dragging other girls into -her- question--"they're" talking about you, too--isn't fair to them, casting shade at others, not just standing up for her own feelings.  . . . 

That matches my take (including the fact he became so incredibly inarticulate over it).

Chris S's blog says that where he comes from they do this all the time -- yell for those in that situation to 'take it off' ... and they're considered 'good sports' I guess.

That 'explanation' doesn't exactly make a farm life in an isolated town in Iowa more attractive ...  but you're right that Kaitlin shows more personality and flexibility than most of them.  She's just so good humored.  

And Britt's involving the OTHER gals, saying they also were questioning Farmer Chris's sincerity and morals, really was the last straw.  It's fine to say what's on YOUR mind when you see roses being given to another gal, but don't blame your take on "the other gals" claimed to be voicing the same doubts about his integrity.

The way she then stared at or through him with those googly eyes, demanding some correct answer, just gave me the creeps.

• Love 2

Ok, I think I've figured Ashley I out.  So let me pull out my completely non-existent psychological training and credentials here [ahem]:

I'm convinced that she's making the whole virgin story up for the cameras.  She is not a virgin.  I mean OBVIOUSLY.  Or if she is, as others have implied, it's only a technicality.  Cause no one who dresses like she does (seriously, did you see her in the bikini top and the tiny shorts that were completely unbuttoned?) and is comfortable showing off that much of her body is a "virgin" for reasons of religion or being conservative.  Of course, she "admitted" that the only reason she was still a "virgin" was because she hadn't found the right guy yet, you know, not cause she's sworn off sex for any moral reasons.  Well, how convenient that would be if Chris turned out to be "the one."  Huh.  What are the odds?

Yeah, you see what I'm getting at.  She is a fame whore who is making the whole thing up in order to get more screen time and seem more "fascinating" to Chris.  That's why it was so all-blasted important that she make sure he understood what she was telling him.  Because it's the one thing (beside the eyelashes) that makes her special.  

She realized (or was coached) that the more "interesting" your story the more screen time you get, and let's face it, they always make a HUGE deal about virgins on this show (or any reality show, really).  She is probably also hoping it will either help her become The Bachelorette (not likely with the edit she's getting) or at least get her a gig on the Bachelor in Paradise where they can re-introduce and market her as "Ashley I.  The innocent virgin who is still holding out for the right guy."  (Cause she'll totally find him on BiP).  I'll be surprised at this point if that doesn't happen.

Now, here's the psychology part [ahem].  I think she likes exerting power over men by dressing extremely provocatively and crawling all over a guy, and then pulling back and saying, "You can look; but no touchy!"  She is all about the tease, because it puts her in the driver's seat.  

Anyway, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

• Love 8

He's a really bad bachelor. Other than us addicts, I can't imagine a newcomer seeing this and deciding to partake. Fuck he's boring and does nothing for me sexually. Look, I think he'd be horrific in the sack. Yeah, I went there.

I'm trying to get away from using "lol" nowadays, but I really did LOL at this. I wouldn't want to derail the thread to ask why you think he'd be "horrific" in bed, but I'm too curious for my own good at times. :)

Wonder if the people who green-lighted him as TB remain confident in their lackluster choice. How many more weeks do Chris and the ladies have left to stir up some Bachelor-style excitement. As it stands now, there appears to be little in the budget for "excitement" beyond tractor rentals and pop-up tents.

• Love 1

I want AshleyI to be a virgin.

I want her to be taken to The Fantasy Suite.

I want to hear, "No! No!  You're going to do what with THAT?"

I want them to do the deed.

I want her to say it was the worst experience of her life.

• Love 9
Chris S's blog says that where he comes from they do this all the time -- yell for those in that situation to 'take it off' ... and they're considered 'good sports' I guess.

A great big disgusted UGH if Chris and his friends describe "good sport," this way.   A girl who's a good sport will watch football once in a while instead of going to the mall or laugh when a car goes by and splatters her clothes.  "Good sport," for sex stuff is what fraternity boys try to sell when attempting to get their dates to do dangerous stuff at parties.  It's a bogus, sleazy thing to tell a girl to try and get her to lift her shirt on spring break or take it all off at the lake. If a grown man thinks that's cool and encourages it then he's a creep in my book.  It's one thing to laugh and shake your head over Kaitlyn's antics but it's another thing to praise her for it.  I was giving Chris the benefit of the doubt and thinking he gave Kaitlyn the rose for her  humor but if the rose was a "good sport" award for stripping, then I'm starting to think Britt had a good point.  (Not that she was smart to tell him about it.)

• Love 17

Delurking to say that I certainly hope we don't see Blonde Ashley walking across the sand dunes on Bachelor in Paradise this summer...

Don't?! I bet they cast her on this show simply so they can put her on BiP! Both Ashleys were made for BiP. They won't even have to fake edit Pomegranate Ashley talking to racoons. She might just wander off and live in a raccoon's nest all on her own. And with Kardashley, I bet we'll get a live "deflowering." I'm placing my money on "grown ass man" Chris Bukowski coming back on and being the "lucky" guy. Of course, he'll immediately dump her for someone else, and then both Ashleys will be craaaaaaaazy!

• Love 5

I want AshleyI to be a virgin.

I want her to be taken to The Fantasy Suite.

I want to hear, "No! No!  You're going to do what with THAT?"

I want them to do the deed.

I want her to say it was the worst experience of her life.

Ha that last line cracked me up because the first time is usually not the best.  I waited until I was ready to have sex.  I was 19, dating a guy I really loved (well love as defined at that tender age) even got on the pill and WAITED a month as per my doctors orders.  So mentally yeah I was ready and we actually did not do all the "other" stuff prior to actually "doing" it just a lot of heavy kissing and groping.  When we finally did it, well lets just say it was over fast.  And it was just kind of huh?  So that is what all the fuss is about?  Of course it got better as we practiced but yeah if she is really a virgin the first time is kind of blah.

Ok back on topic.  So all the build up from last weeks previews of this weeks episode added up to what nothing?  Did they (TPTB) not make it seem like he slept with one of the girls on the camping date?  Boy, am I easily fooled.   I should have known better.

And Ashley I Lash (love that name) is an idiot.  I am glad the girls were somewhat nice to her while she had her pity party in her princess dress but I would have laughed at her too.  First of all Chris did not pick the girl for that one on one his sisters did.  And no you don't want or deserve that date anymore than any of the other girls there.  They ALL wanted it.

And Britt, have you seen this show before?  Not a good move to use your one on one time with the Bachelor to talk about him giving another girl a rose.  And throwing the rest of the girls under the bus by making it seem as though she was speaking for the whole group.  Not a smart move on your part.  And Chris.......wow that was uncomfortable to watch.  Why the stammering and sweating?  All he had to say to Britt is "um yeah I gave her the rose and for reasons I do not need to discuss with you".  I wonder if the other girls watching this episode were aware Britt used them as back up?