Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

Okay, new episode.

Hardwick is finally subdued, at least temporarily.  "Well, this episode was just a bucket of suck."

Nicole is terrific, telling about her five days earlier preview.

Sigh.

I'm just too sad.

• Love 4

There's hope--they never said goodbye to Judith on TTD either. Rick has taken shelter under a corpse before. I love YNB. She's right, IF he died, he died as he lived. And so did Nicholas for that matter...like a bitch. Sorry (not really).

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 12

They better not Lori Glenn. That was the first thing I thought of when he read Gimple's statement.

If Glenn is dead, I'm going to be mad that we didn't get to talk to him on the Talking Dead. Or the actress who plays Maggie. She was crushed when Hershel was killed, I can't even imagine how she would be about Glenn....

Fuck that noise. "We knew people would be talking so we want to clarify...Glen is either dead, alive, dying, a walker, a ghost, or a hallucination." Asshole. Ugh, I owe soooo much to the swear jar tonight.

ETA: Morrigan, he said something like "We will see Glen, or a form of Glen, or a part of Glen again."

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 8

Fuck you Gimple.  Of course he is dead.  How gross can you be - we might see parts of Glenn??

Oh great someone will have to take down Zombie Glenn.

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 1

I had to turn this off. I love Yvette, but I just can't listen to the drivel the Talking Head is spewing anymore. This sucks just about as much as the episode did. It's a dangerous world, so people are going to die. No shit, Sherlock. The problem with a TV show is that if too many of the wrong people die, the show's not worth watching anymore.

• Love 5

I wasn't watching. What was Gimble's statement?

The Mighty Peanut summed it up pretty well - "We knew people would be talking so we want to clarify...Glen is either dead, alive, dying, a walker, a ghost, or a hallucination."

It was ridiculously vague, and I would have liked it better if he hadn't said anything at all.

• Love 1

Fuck that noise. "We knew people would be talking so we want to clarify...Glen is either dead, alive, dying, a walker, a ghost, or a hallucination." Asshole. Ugh, I owe soooo much to the swear jar tonight.

ETA: Morrigan, he said something like "We will see Glenn, or a form of Glen, or a part of Glen again."

Thank You.

Now, that just feels like they're toying with my emotions and I'm not down for that.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

Ok, this is bullshit. if they were gonna kill a major character, they were gonna milk that shit for all it's worth. Certainly not waste the next 90 min of show with the backstory of a character that half the audience is pissed off at. And that stupid message  is ridiculously ambiguous on purpose. Would they really just toy with the audience that way if it weren't a fake out?

I call bullshit.

• Love 2

Thank You.

Now, that just feels like they're toying with my emotions and I'm not down for that.

Yep.    I'm having a hard time shoving that pill up my ass.

Yes, It's just a show, but Glenn goes out like this, or it's a big fucking fake out?   Ugh. 

• Love 2

Having a Lost EP on this reminded me of something.  I don't ever know where my line is with viewer manipulation for a show is until they cross it.  I had no idea that having three episodes in a row where they ended at the same moment in time (opening the hatch) would make me quit Lost, but it did.

The show takes it chances with that.  Toying with the audience is one thing.  Toying with the audience and then structuring the season so viewers resent the existence of certain episodes and characters because of the need to manipulate the audience is a whole other thing.  The Governor  and most of post prison fall season 4 suffered from this. approach to story telling.  I think the same is about to happen with Morgan.

Glenn is not on my 'kill em and I quit watching list.  Frankly I mostly want him to live because Maggie will annoy me even more in her grief than she does now.  But this Lost style of storytelling is not something I like much and doing it with cliffhangers works my last nerve.  I'm wishing some network would counter program something watchable so it would be easier to skip the 'I don't care weeks'.

• Love 6

Awww, classy move Hardwick. He thanked Steve Yeun for being so amazing these past years if he is dead.

Guest from the show next week...Harwick nearly jumped out of his chair saying "it doesn't mean anything!"

I wonder how inadvance Hardwick gets the episodes. Yvette got it five days ago.

• Love 5

Anyone want to post in a spoiler what happens to the hand in the comics?  I think I get the gist from the Star Wars reference . . . 

Rick lost a hand to the Governor in the comics, so he may lost his hand due to this cut/walker blood incident.

Fuck, Steven has got to be next week's TD surprise guest.

I still think they won't advance story from tonight next week.  I think Lennie next week because its got Morgan back story.  Then Steven the week after whether Glenn is dead or not.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1

Apparently my old wounds from them killing Charlie off LOST have not healed because I shouted a big EFF YOU to my TV when they brought up Charlie's death...and they basically admitted they only killed him off to shock people for the finale (not that I didn't already know that, but still). 

Anyway loved seeing Yvette tonight! I also feel that Glenn may not be dead...Steven not being there was a big red flag for me. 

• Love 9

Apparently my old wounds from them killing Charlie off LOST have not healed because I shouted a big EFF YOU to my TV when they brought up Charlie's death...and they basically admitted they only killed him off to shock people for the finale (not that I didn't already know that, but still). 

Anyway loved seeing Yvette tonight! I also feel that Glenn may not be dead...Steven not being there was a big red flag for me.

I can't even see the name Penny and boat in the same sentence, or write on my hand in sharpie without getting choked up. :(

• Love 12

When he mentioned Charlie, I moaned.  I actually stopped watching Lost after they killed Charlie off.  I don't know if  I have a  "stop watching" character for TWD.

I actually was touched when I saw the audience footage of that big guy's eyes welling up with tears.

Edited by dirtydi
  • Love 3

I wonder how inadvance Hardwick gets the episodes. Yvette got it five days ago.

He gets it in the same amount of time. Never weeks,before. He has also said that he only watches it the day before too since he's afraid to slip up and say something

• Love 2

You know what really gets me? All the cast interviews were so, happy, for lack of a better word.

If Glenn is dead, I hope we do get to see the casts' thoughts about it during a later episode.

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 3

You know what really gets me? All the cast interviews were so, happy, for lack of a better word.

If Glenn is dead, I hope we do get to see the casts' thoughts about it during a later episode.

Seems to me like they (TD and TWD producers?) were trying too hard to make it ambiguous.  Glenn (appeared to have) died, but other than the initial shock right at the start of TD, everyone seemed the opposite of sad and heartbroken.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

It's hard to have cliff hanger type shows when you have a follow up show like TD. I agree that Chris and Co seemed shocked at the very beginning, then didn't seem very upset or sad for the rest of the show. Andrew Lincoln was very giddy during his bit and even it was filmed while they were still shooting; he would know what was happening.

I think Chris did his best to carry on but I think he knew the viewers would smell a rat when the memorium segment didn't include Glen. Of course he might be dead and next week (or two weeks for now) might be the big send off show or Morgan might get killed and be the mystery guest. I did wonder about handing out the replica pocket watch, but it was done with zero sentiment .

• Love 2

I wouldn't have said Glenn was a deal breaker death for me, to quit watching the show.  But this episode was very angering.  BS or not, I hope they deus ex machina the shit out of it, and he's still alive, but I don't appreciate the games they're playing.  If he is dead, I will really miss him, but I'm mostly turned off by the crappy way they took him out.  I think I'll just let my DVR watch the show for a while, until I hear what happened thru the grapevine.

• Love 4

I'm going to say no more writers or showrunners that overly project on TD.  Damon L basically deflected any questions with "well, I wouldn't want to comment on their motivations here...".  Dude, that's exactly what this show is.  Period.  It's chatting about the show that we just saw with questions, speculations and motivations.  If you can't do that without feeling wonky about it, don't book on the show.  I think his lack of real response even took away from my love from YNB being on because it stilted the conversation.  IMO, the show only really got interested at the very end when Yvette and Chris just talked about stuff and Damon sat quietly.

Now to be fair, some of this may have to do with the content of the episode.  This wasn't going to be good TD b/c there was more speculation than on the Glenn reaction (is or isn't...I'm in denial...so, I'm with isn't).  

That said, Yvette is always welcome.  I love her pulling out that biblical quote from the first walk into the church and how she likened it to how Glenn has lived (AND WILL CONTINUE TO LIVE, DAMN IT!) his life.  I also love every word she said about Carol and Michonne.  Word.  So much word.  

iRarelyWatchTV36, oh my!  I hope that isn't true.  I don't think I could take seeing Glenn every week in flashbacks knowing that he isn't going to be part of the group in present.  Too much for me.  

Gimple's statement was terrible.  I wished he hadn't bothered at all.  I don't think it help and feels like nothing but a chain yank.  

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 3

When he mentioned Charlie, I moaned.  I actually stopped watching Lost after they killed Charlie off.  I don't know if  I have a  "stop watching" character for TWD.

I actually was touched when I saw the audience footage of that big guy's eyes welling up with tears.

I sobbed when Charlie was killed off. I was glad that nobody else watched it with me, because I was a goner for a while after that. 

Too soon, guys, too soon.

My thanks to CH were for his elegant encapsulation of everything wrong with the ASZhats - their cluelessness and (usually unintentional) arrogance - into the most excellent term "trust fund kids".  I love it.  It describes them perfectly.

• Love 3

My thanks to CH were for his elegant encapsulation of everything wrong with the ASZhats - their cluelessness and (usually unintentional) arrogance - into the most excellent term "trust fund kids".  I love it.  It describes them perfectly.

I meant too soon to use the phrase "thank you" at all. It brings up such painful memories :_(

• Love 2
I say this every time Yvette is on, she needs to be a permanent fixture on the show. She just brought up how she thinks Enid is a wolf.

I love Yvette and agree she should be on every week. I usually feel like she's reading my thoughts, but I am not with her on the Enid-Wolf thing. She was basing that on Enid saying "we" and I really just think that that "we" was in reference to her and Carl sneaking out, not to her and Wolves getting in. 

The audience reaction to the episode was hilarious. I know I looked like they did, shocked and traumatized.

I'm so glad I wasn't in that audience. It would not have made for pretty TV. Sobbing, shaking, throwing my glasses down on the couch and yelling, "It's not fair!"

• Love 3