Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Sure, I'd be fine with a 50 something + being independent and not trying to latch onto someone.  But a lot of single mid lifers still want to find love, and that's certainly entertaining to watch.

Absolutely and I honestly didn't mean to cause any hard feelings. My own widowed 50 something grandmother ended up marrying and being happy until her death with her 2nd husband who was 17 years her junior.

I was referring to the in all likelihood scripted plotlines which, IMO, encourage often over-served women into catfights, faux arguments and a superficial view of pretty much everything to boost flagging ratings.

I simply prefer a bit more reality in my entertainment. But, as my much beloved step-grandfather was fond (and accurate) in saying; 'you go to your church, I'll go to mine'. AKA; live and let live.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I would love to watch a reality show of 50+ somethings navigating in a youth-obsessed world. 

Seems that is exactly what we have been watching for years.  Their way of navigating in a youth-obsessed world is to have tons of plastic surgery, drink a LOT, bang pirates and other assorted younger men, and take their frustrations out on each other at high volume. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, izabella said:

Seems that is exactly what we have been watching for years.  Their way of navigating in a youth-obsessed world is to have tons of plastic surgery, drink a LOT, bang pirates and other assorted younger men, and take their frustrations out on each other at high volume. 

As I said in other posts, I'm looking for actual mature adult women who date age appropriate men.  

But maybe that's not as interesting as watching filler faces and banging pirates and other assorted men!

I just get tired of watching women my age making asses out of themselves with much younger men!

2 hours ago, Beden said:

Absolutely and I honestly didn't mean to cause any hard feelings. My own widowed 50 something grandmother ended up marrying and being happy until her death with her 2nd husband who was 17 years her junior.

I was referring to the in all likelihood scripted plotlines which, IMO, encourage often over-served women into catfights, faux arguments and a superficial view of pretty much everything to boost flagging ratings.

I simply prefer a bit more reality in my entertainment. But, as my much beloved step-grandfather was fond (and accurate) in saying; 'you go to your church, I'll go to mine'. AKA; live and let live.

Oh, I didn't take offense to your post (which was very respectful!).  

But yes you are right -- I'm sure my idea of mature women dating age appropriate men probably wouldn't bring in the viewers!

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

As I said in other posts, I'm looking for actual mature adult women who date age appropriate men.  

But maybe that's not as interesting as watching filler faces and banging pirates and other assorted men!

I just get tired of watching women my age making asses out of themselves with much younger men!

Oh, I didn't take offense to your post (which was very respectful!).  

But yes you are right -- I'm sure my idea of mature women dating age appropriate men probably wouldn't bring in the viewers!

It would be very pleasant for me to watch mature women dating age-appropriate men and connecting/bonding over matters more substantial than, “We both like tennis.”

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

It might, but I suspect it's not that easy to find age appropriate men who want to date age appropriate women.  That's why Tom D'Agostino gets so much attention from these Ho's and all the other women who buzz around him.  It's certainly not for his sparkling personality and good looks.  The men with money, the only kind these women want as partners, are usually looking for younger women, like Mario did.

If they did a show with age appropriate dates, all the women of NYC might watch it, trying to get tips on how to find those men who are interesting in dating women their own age.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, izabella said:

It might, but I suspect it's not that easy to find age appropriate men who want to date age appropriate women.  That's why Tom D'Agostino gets so much attention from these Ho's and all the other women who buzz around him.  It's certainly not for his sparkling personality and good looks.  The men with money, the only kind these women want as partners, are usually looking for younger women, like Mario did.

If they did a show with age appropriate dates, all the women of NYC might watch it, trying to get tips on how to find those men who are interesting in dating women their own age.

That is a very good point!  The wealthy want younger. And of course women like Tinsley, Sonja etc., could do well with an average guy making average money.  But they don't want that.  

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

That is a very good point!  The wealthy want younger. And of course women like Tinsley, Sonja etc., could do well with an average guy making average money.  But they don't want that.  

Absolutely. I remember being surprised how much chemistry Sonja had with the fishing instructor. He probably makes decent money but not the millions she wants. 

• Love 10
17 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

It would be very pleasant for me to watch mature women dating age-appropriate men and connecting/bonding over matters more substantial than, “We both like tennis.”

Sonja especially flirting with young guys make me squirm.  She thinks she’s so irristable, meanwhile they are laughing on the inside.  She’s the worst.  The Countess always hot to trot also.  Bravo has to get some new appropriate aged men on, besides the usual bunch of about four.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Me too.  They are lowering themselves by being desperate.  Plus, I wouldn’t look twice at Tom D’agustino or any of thos geezers they go out with.  Ramona kissing that guy, I wanted to throw up.  Yuk.    I think this was Boo Boos quoted post.  Not Hoodooznoodooz’s.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Sonja had it good with Morgan lounging on the Riviera eating bonbons while he was in N.Y. Sick.  She blew it be being a moron.  That’s what I read anyhow.  Dorinda too, using John to get over her grief, then discarded him as he was a lowly store owner from Queens, N.Y.  She wants a millionaire from New York City.  They all do.  They all just can’t face that they are older and there are younger girls that are gorgeous out there.

• Love 11

Currently halfway through Dorinda’s book. 
I will say one thing I’ve noticed in NYC with dating for many it isn’t only money, it’s a particular status or lifestyle. Because a lot of blue collar multi millionaires exist out there. 

Would Sonja have went for it if the fishing instructor turned out to own a bunch of Marinas and was worth $100m? I don’t think so. 

• Love 3
On 9/1/2021 at 2:05 PM, LemonSoda said:

I will say one thing I’ve noticed in NYC with dating for many it isn’t only money, it’s a particular status or lifestyle. Because a lot of blue collar multi millionaires exist out there. 

Would Sonja have went for it if the fishing instructor turned out to own a bunch of Marinas and was worth $100m? I don’t think so. 

Meanwhile, both of them are where they are b/c of who they married and the lifestyle provided to them by their husbands.  What exactly do they bring to the table for a fishing instructor now other than their fame through reality TV?

I think both of them need to consider the fact they aren't spring chicken enough for most white collar multi's now.  

• Love 4
On 9/4/2021 at 4:32 PM, Boo Boo said:

What exactly do they bring to the table for a fishing instructor now other than their fame through reality TV?

What do you mean they bring nothing to the table?! Dorinda brings Bluestone Manor and the costs to maintain it, and angry drunkenness where she will point out how unlike Richard her male companion is, and Sonja brings a deteriorating townhouse, poor business choices, debt, and lawsuits,...

So, I guess they both need men who like to live on the edge. The edge of sanity, bankruptcy, homelessness, delirium,...

Edited by SweetieDarling
spelling
  • LOL 17
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

What do you mean they bring nothing to the table?! Dorinda brings Bluestone Manor and the costs to maintain it, and angry drunkenness where she will point out how unlike Richard her male companion is, and Sonja brings a deteriorating townhouse, poor business choices, dept, and lawsuits,...

So, I guess they both need men who like to live on the edge. The edge of sanity, bankruptcy, homelessness, delirium,...

*Dies laughing!*  Thank you for the giggle!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

What do you mean they bring nothing to the table?! Dorinda brings Bluestone Manor and the costs to maintain it, and angry drunkenness where she will point out how unlike Richard her male companion is, and Sonja brings a deteriorating townhouse, poor business choices, dept, and lawsuits,...

And a toaster oven! 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

I saw a friend on FB post some photos of the Hamptons Classic (horse event) and he posted a photo of Kelly Bensimon wearing an ill fitting, strange dress standing next to Christy Brinkly's look a like daughter, Kelly looked horrible, her skin has taken on the old catcher's mitt look.

She could have been a good one off with the dynamics of this years cast, she would have had more of an impact than Heather and I like Heather.

• Love 4
On 9/1/2021 at 2:05 PM, LemonSoda said:

7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I saw a friend on FB post some photos of the Hamptons Classic (horse event) and he posted a photo of Kelly Bensimon wearing an ill fitting, strange dress standing next to Christy Brinkly's look a like daughter, Kelly looked horrible, her skin has taken on the old catcher's mitt look.

She could have been a good one off with the dynamics of this years cast, she would have had more of an impact than Heather and I like Heather.

Oh gosh, I hope not.  Remember when she said to Bethenny “I’m up her, and you’re are down there”.  I was furious.  That statement bit her in her non exsistant ass.  She was and still is nuts.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Bershan appeared at a charitable event in DC. Carson Kressly was also there. I assume that despite the fundraising, both received an appearance payment.

Sorry, can't find the link, but thought it interesting.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 3
On 9/8/2021 at 5:14 PM, kristen111 said:

Oh gosh, I hope not.  Remember when she said to Bethenny “I’m up her, and you’re are down there”.  I was furious.  That statement bit her in her non exsistant ass.  She was and still is nuts.

That's the only version of Kelly I cared about.

I couldn't care less about watching her jog through traffic looking like a Slim Jim that had sprouted legs. Or her attempts to parent pre-teen daughters who were already much smarter than she was. Or her pretending to be able to keep up with conversations that weren't about outfits or summer homes.

What I did like was the Kelly that machine gunned Gummi Bears rather than eat a real meal (especially if the meal was provided by a cook rather than a real chef, lol). I liked watching Kelly ignore Bethenney, which sent the latter into a narcissistic spiral that always gifted the audience with B's exasperation and several good one-liners. And when Kelly finally decided to stop ignoring B, her protestations about cooks vs chefs, Al Sharpton, whatever happened in 1979 to her satchels of gold, as well as Beth being a ho-bag....well, I just can't quit THAT Kelly.

If THAT Kelly were to come back, I might even peek in on the show for the first time in two years.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, eXiled said:

That's the only version of Kelly I cared about.

I couldn't care less about watching her jog through traffic looking like a Slim Jim that had sprouted legs. Or her attempts to parent pre-teen daughters who were already much smarter than she was. Or her pretending to be able to keep up with conversations that weren't about outfits or summer homes.

What I did like was the Kelly that machine gunned Gummi Bears rather than eat a real meal (especially if the meal was provided by a cook rather than a real chef, lol). I liked watching Kelly ignore Bethenney, which sent the latter into a narcissistic spiral that always gifted the audience with B's exasperation and several good one-liners. And when Kelly finally decided to stop ignoring B, her protestations about cooks vs chefs, Al Sharpton, whatever happened in 1979 to her satchels of gold, as well as Beth being a ho-bag....well, I just can't quit THAT Kelly.

If THAT Kelly were to come back, I might even peek in on the show for the first time in two years.

When I first started watching the first season with Kelly,  I could not stand her.  I felt horrible for Bethenny.  But after the rewatch, I fell hard for her.  She brought so much unintended humor to the show.

The time Alex McCord came racing into the room to confront Luann and Kelly was telling her she was inauthentic was absolutely hilarious.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 8/30/2021 at 5:47 PM, izabella said:

Bwahahaha!   🎹 "East Side, West Side, all around the Town..." 🎹  Take it from a native NY-er, if these men exist they must be hiding in "Speakeasies."   (And I require not much more than a "quick wit" -- and ethics!)  The Regency Bar is TOTALLY out unless "Tom D. or Harry' or pretentiousness is 'your thing.'  (And, anyway, I'm much more a 'stroll thru Central Park with my pup" kinda "aging lady.")  So far, not ONE of the "Housewives'" spouses or dates would bring out the green-eyed monster in me.

Though it WOULD be fun to watch this show if the Real Housewives of NYC actually DID date age-appropriate men!!  (Just save the ones with silly, sick, quick humor for me! I promise to almost always "get it!!")

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Bravo finally confirms what we've known for a while: no reunion. They blame scheduling conflicts. Sure, Jan. 🙄

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT8RnQGpprU/?utm_medium=copy_link

I'm good with this decision. If ever there were a Housewives season that a reunion could be skipped, it's this one. And, IMO, the less screen time Leah gets the better!

RHONY needs to take a beat to regroup and think about the future. 

• Love 14

I'm good with the decision too. 

I grew to enjoy the cast and show about midway in.  In the end, I think they all did a good job given the number of extreme challenges they had to overcome.

I've always felt that not every RH show needs to be filled with fights. This is one reason I have really enjoyed RHONY over the years. For the most part, they seem to have FUN.  I even remember Andy saying way back when that the RHONY cast was the only RH cast to go to dinner after the reunions. I always felt there was a mutual support system underneath the surface - at least in some ways.

NYC is a never-ending city. I'd be happy if the show took a different direction than the rest of the RH shows. I'm not sure what direction that would be so long as fun and diversity are part of the equation.  Reunions wouldn't really be necessary, and that is A-O-K.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, Jextella said:

[edited for brevity]

I've always felt that the RH shows don't need to be filled with fights. This is one reason I have really enjoyed RHONY over the years. For the most part, they seem to have FUN.  I even remember Andy saying way back when that the RHONY cast was the only RH cast to go to dinner after the reunions. There was a mutual support system going on for them in some ways, I think.

This doesn't surprise me. The reason NY was my favorite franchise for so long is because of the true camaraderie I sensed with the women. I loved that they could rip each other apart during lunch, then jump in the pool hours later, skinny-dipping and practically making out (mostly Sonja and poor Lu who couldn't escape, but still...)

Other than Bethenney and Jill, they just never seemed to hold grudges for as long as the women of the other franchises do. Those grudges make filming difficult, which makes it harder for the audience. I love that these women will fight, drink, make up, then return to begin the cycle another day.

Edited by eXiled
  • Love 8

There would be no point in a reunion, it would just be the same rehashing and lectures. Leah was awful and Ebony went too far with the lectures. What's interesting, if Eboni tries to make this about race which I suspect she will, is that Garcelle on BH has emerged as a major fan favorite. Eboni should watch and learn. Leah has to go and I suspect that, if it's true that Ramona and Lee Ann have been refusing to attend the reunion, they will be fired. I will be sorry to see them go, especially Lu. BRAVO won't fire Eboni, so that leaves her and Sonja  they better come up with some great new  or old Housewives because that is a sad place to start.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, chlban said:

There would be no point in a reunion, it would just be the same rehashing and lectures. Leah was awful and Ebony went too far with the lectures. What's interesting, if Eboni tries to make this about race which I suspect she will, is that Garcelle on BH has emerged as a major fan favorite. Eboni should watch and learn. Leah has to go and I suspect that, if it's true that Ramona and Lee Ann have been refusing to attend the reunion, they will be fired. I will be sorry to see them go, especially Lu. BRAVO won't fire Eboni, so that leaves her and Sonja  they better come up with some great new  or old Housewives because that is a sad place to start.

What do you want to bet that Andy schedules a sit-down just with Eboni to allow her to pontificate uninterrupted by the other ladies?  Bravo thinks it has something with her.  The sad part is, no one other than Andy and a few other execs actually want what she's offering.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, chlban said:

I was just thinking about Garcelle as I was reading the latest posts.. I think eboni put a lot of people off because she approached an already potentially explosive subject like a lawyer and it made people reflexively defensive. It’s like she wanted to grill people rather than actually enlighten. Garcelle approached it like a friend. She had great conversations with Kyle (about the accusations of non payment and how that can be especially damaging given stereotypes); crystal, who’s Asian about dealing with racism and how their cast mates are fortunate enough not to HAVE to see color but they don’t have a choice; with the group at dinner about a variety of racial issues (where no one immediately freaked out but actually listened); and introduced the group to her Haitian culture in an organic (and delicious!) manner which enlightened. It was such a stark contrast. And, like you said, viewers love her.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

It's the right decision to ax the reunion.  There is no need to rehash a bad season.  There is really nothing to talk about.  Move on.

HW is supposed to be escape TV - the wealth, the big parties, events, vacations.  Viewers are not opposed to diversity.  But you have to the right cast.

And you can have discussions, respecting differences around race, politics, religion - without lecturing, preaching and name calling - and hammering week after week.

• Love 17
On 8/30/2021 at 4:48 PM, Boo Boo said:

Me too.  I always think these younger guys are laughing behind their backs.

• Love 8
On 9/18/2021 at 4:37 PM, lawrbk said:

I was just thinking about Garcelle as I was reading the latest posts.. I think eboni put a lot of people off because she approached an already potentially explosive subject like a lawyer and it made people reflexively defensive. It’s like she wanted to grill people rather than actually enlighten. Garcelle approached it like a friend. She had great conversations with Kyle (about the accusations of non payment and how that can be especially damaging given stereotypes); crystal, who’s Asian about dealing with racism and how their cast mates are fortunate enough not to HAVE to see color but they don’t have a choice; with the group at dinner about a variety of racial issues (where no one immediately freaked out but actually listened); and introduced the group to her Haitian culture in an organic (and delicious!) manner which enlightened. It was such a stark contrast. And, like you said, viewers love her.  

I thought Ebony was fired or quit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/13/2021 at 7:56 PM, TzuShih said:

Bwahahaha!   🎹 "East Side, West Side, all around the Town..." 🎹  Take it from a native NY-er, if these men exist they must be hiding in "Speakeasies."   (And I require not much more than a "quick wit" -- and ethics!)  The Regency Bar is TOTALLY out unless "Tom D. or Harry' or pretentiousness is 'your thing.'  (And, anyway, I'm much more a 'stroll thru Central Park with my pup" kinda "aging lady.")  So far, not ONE of the "Housewives'" spouses or dates would bring out the green-eyed monster in me.

Though it WOULD be fun to watch this show if the Real Housewives of NYC actually DID date age-appropriate men!!  (Just save the ones with silly, sick, quick humor for me! I promise to almost always "get it!!")

I didn’t like all these younger guys on this season.  The tennis instructors, yoga instructors, etc.  Then came Sonja, Ramona and LuAnn lusting over them like they had a chance.  Cringe worthy.

• Love 11
On 10/3/2021 at 5:18 AM, Sweet-tea said:

A plastic surgeon in a YouTube video listed Sonja Morgan as an example of someone with a good facelift. I thought that was interesting. 

Didn’t she have the deep plane version? They tend to look really great 

• Useful 4

Luann and Ramona are on this show:

"Eight days. Four cities. Seven icons. One ultimate girls trip."

So teases the first trailer for the much-anticipated Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip, the newest entry in Bravo's reality mega-franchise, the first three episodes of which will premiere Nov. 18 on Peacock. EW can exclusively reveal the trailer, below.

https://ew.com/tv/real-housewives-ultimate-girls-trip-trailer-release-date/

• Love 9
On 10/5/2021 at 3:55 PM, escape said:

Very sad news for Ramona and her family.  Beloved Coco has passed away at 17.  Sonja Morgan announced it on her Instagram. 

Coco was a fixture on RHONY for 13 seasons.  A true HW Legend!

https://pagesix.com/2021/10/05/rhony-star-ramona-singers-beloved-dog-coco-dies-at-17/

That’s too bad.  I’m reading Ramona’s book.  She had a horrible childhood.  After she married Mario, they were a very happy family and Ramona and Mario took care of their parents very well, with compassion.  Mario was a good husband, Son and Father.  It’s a shame he turned to other women.  It really looks like Ramona tried her best.  Too bad.  She’s a fighter for sure.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 10/6/2021 at 10:51 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I actually really enjoy the reunions.  So I'm sad about it.  And I'm sad about the season ending.  The breaks between the seasons feel so long to me and I don't like it.

I would have loved to see a reunion, but there would have been too much conflict.  It would have been a disaster.

• Love 3