Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

Erika hates the LA Times interview with Garcelle, Sutton and Crystal calling it "Pure Ficton". Then Rinna's in Sutton's comment sections snarking that they're the Fox Force Five minus 2.

Ohhh you're so angry

There was the meeting the cast had without Erika that we saw. But were there conversations as a group with producers or one-on-one about the situation?

Beavuais: We never thought about stopping production. We can’t. That’s out of our hands.

Stracke: When I left Kyle’s house in La Quinta, my first call was to production. When I read the article the fourth time, I got concerned because we were hearing stories from one side, and I was like, “Are we gonna keep hearing stories? On camera? Do we need an attorney to kind of help us, guide us through filming?” That was really my biggest question. And they said: “This is such a great question. Why don’t you get the girls together?”

Beauvais: And then you called me and I was like, “Oh, my God, I never thought about that. We could be implicated.”

Stracke: And using the word “alleged.”

Kung Minkoff: I guess because I had seen other reality shows and there’s people who do all these crazy things, I was like: It doesn’t affect the other people.

Stracke: I am a very private person and I got freaked out.

I still can't get over the fact that only Sutton recognized the seriousness of the situation.

I'm pleased Garcelle, Sutton & Crystal seem to recognize their power. I'm hopeful they can drive the show next season. Kyle, Erika, Rinna & Dorit's heads would explode.

Edited by charming
ugh can't fix my quote
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, CatMomma said:

Sort of a pallet cleanser

I hate to be Lady Homonym of Pedantia, but it's palate cleanser.

Palate is taste. Palette is painting or range. Pallet is shipping and freight. Also a sleeping pallet is apparently derived from an old French word for a bundle of straw. Like most things in English, it could stand to be a lot less confusing.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/palate-pallet-palette-difference-usage

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, charming said:

Then Rinna's in Sutton's comment sections snarking that they're the Fox Force Five minus 2.

Does that mean Kyle and Door-it were booted from the clique? If they all have to be back next season I'd love to see them turn on each other.

Edit: Oh, nvm I take it Lisa was just referring to that trio as their own clique. What's ironic is Lisa herself could have played a key role in driving Crystal to the other side, after the swimsuit stunt she pulled.

Edited by dmeets
  • Love 3
On 10/6/2021 at 2:21 PM, Polliwollidoodle said:

Don't get me wrong- I would love to have that body and look as good as she does- she is a very attractive woman---but it just really seems a bit off for someone her age and with "kids" the ages they are----but I will say day-ummm she's got great legs!

But what's with the selfies all the time?  Insecure?  Self-absorbed?  Required for the job?  Must be exhausting.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

This would be a nice cast:

Garcelle

Sutton

Crystal

Vanderpump

Denise

Camille

I doubt they'd do that many cast changes at once, but it would be nice to at least get rid of another Fox Force Five person. I'd say Erika. Even if she had no clue what Tom was doing, how little she cared about the victims and her threats/promises were disgusting. 

Crystal - dislike 

VDP - dislike

but I would def watch your cast!

crystal doesn’t seem as horrible as I first thought! 😃
*I have not watched/read the 3 interview yet but the pics and the comments here were promising

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, chlban said:

She's not speechless, she just caught herself before answering because she hasn't spoken to him since the day she moved out and she had no idea before that about the theft. Oops.

You can see the cogs turning!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

So this would surprise me if it ends up true, but actress/model/singer Holly Valance is rumored to be on RHBH next season. Her husband is a billionaire so she's more rich than Kathy Hilton, and she'd be the youngest along with Crystal. She's rather private too, so I don't think she's the type who just loves being in the spotlight for the sake of it. I'm not sure what she'd get out of Housewives to be honest. 

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with her, but I became familiar with Holly traveling abroad in my younger days. She was quite popular in the UK. I thought she was gorgeous and loved "Kiss Kiss" and some of her other songs. 

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/holly-valance-reportedly-starring-real-housewives-beverly-hills-224233446.html

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 10
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

So this would surprise me if it ends up true, but actress/model/singer Holly Valance is rumored to be on RHBH next season. Her husband is a billionaire so she's more rich than Kathy Hilton, and she'd be the youngest along with Crystal. She's rather private too, so I don't think she's the type who just loves being in the spotlight for the sake of it. I'm not sure what she'd get out of Housewives to be honest. 

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with her, but I became familiar with Holly traveling abroad in my younger days. She was quite popular in the UK. I thought she was gorgeous and loved "Kiss Kiss" and some of her other songs. 

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/holly-valance-reportedly-starring-real-housewives-beverly-hills-224233446.html

Holly is (was?) an Australian actress who started in a soap called Neighbours, where our Kylie Minogue started too!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Holly is (was?) an Australian actress who started in a soap called Neighbours, where our Kylie Minogue started too!

Correct! There are a lot of people like me who aren't Australian who are familiar with her too. :)

Dorit would get some accent competition. Holly's is super cute. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

TMZ says that in order to capitalize (monetize) on Erika's notoriety, Bravo will begin produtionon the next season early- next week.

Of course they will.  🤢 Why do I think Erika will come out of all this just fine? 😠

• Love 3
19 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Palate is taste. Palette is painting or range. Pallet is shipping and freight. Also a sleeping pallet is apparently derived from an old French word for a bundle of straw. Like most things in English, it could stand to be a lot less confusing.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/palate-pallet-palette-difference-usage

You're right. My bad. Was typing on my phone and just clicked the first spelling that popped up halfway through typing.

Will do better next time. 😥

• Love 7
On 10/7/2021 at 2:38 PM, RealHousewife said:

Garcelle

Sutton

Crystal

Vanderpump

Denise

Camille

I doubt they'd do that many cast changes at once, but it would be nice to at least get rid of another Fox Force Five person. I'd say Erika. Even if she had no clue what Tom was doing, how little she cared about the victims and her threats/promises were disgusting. 

Eh, no, not in my opinion. I mean, I like Garcelle and Chrystal, and have warmed up to the stronger, more secure Sutton, so no problem there. But I will take Kyle a thousand times over LVP - yes, she's an instigator but at least it's all up there on the screen for the viewer to judge. i still don't like LVP's stealthy manner.

I remain lukewarm about Denise but could deal with her if she was more open and less controlling. I still dislike her asshole husband, though. And as for Camille, I don't think she brings much. So half that cast doesn't work for me.

Re Rinna - I doubt she's going anywhere because she's good at bringing the drama. But I wouldn't care all that much if she went away. I don't understand her loyalty to Erika at all. 

• Love 5
On 10/7/2021 at 4:58 PM, RealHousewife said:

Yeah I don't think it's the last we'll hear of "be honest" or "own it."77d530912403058cfec5367a450733e0.gif

Is it the nude lipstick or do her lips look a little better in this video? I wonder if she gets them filled regularly or if it’s an implant? I watched a show she did years ago about getting the original implant removed. I hope she didn’t put another one in. 

So sick of “own it”!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Is it the nude lipstick or do her lips look a little better in this video? I wonder if she gets them filled regularly or if it’s an implant? I watched a show she did years ago about getting the original implant removed. I hope she didn’t put another one in. 

So sick of “own it”!

She also tries to be so expressive yet chill. Does any part of her face move (besides the overblown lippies)?

Yeah, she irritates me. And the comment about her resembling a cartoon character- that's correct.

• Love 4
On 10/7/2021 at 6:53 PM, HunterHunted said:

Now if you could just cure all the people online who mix up "your" and "you're", the world would be a better place.

Heart to you ! ;)♥️

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Now if you could just cure all the people online who mix up "your" and "you're", the world would be a better place.

Heart to you ! ;)♥️

Also “me, myself, and I.”  

• Love 9

1 hour ago, amarante said:

Kim Richards evidently has enough money to do a complete face transplant. She is completely unrecognizable - at least to me

kim.thumb.jpeg.bae1c2f8f718b70e22de737894eec245.jpeg

https://pagesix.com/2021/10/05/kim-richards-debuts-glam-new-look-at-nieces-bat-mitzvah/

Taken at Portia's Bat Mitzvah.

Interesting!

Looks like Kim has possibly been very absent for several months to allow her "work" to heal.  She's obviously had a ton of plastic surgery and, along with weight loss, even some body work as well.

Something else interesting from the article:

"it appears Hilton, 62, did not attend the bat mitzvah, so fans should not expect to see a recent family photo of the sisters.  Kyle and Hilton may be on the outs again after they infamously feuded in the 2010s when Kyle’s husband, Mauricio Umansky, left his job with Kathy’s husband, Rick Hilton, to start his own real estate brokerage, The Agency."

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
41 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

"It appears Hilton, 62, did not attend the bat mitzvah, so fans should not expect to see a recent family photo of the sisters.  Kyle and Hilton may be on the outs again after they infamously feuded in the 2010s when Kyle’s husband, Mauricio Umansky, left his job with Kathy’s husband, Rick Hilton, to start his own real estate brokerage, The Agency."

This family cannot get it together, can they?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

There

Their

They’re

My pet peeve is "loose" and "lose" because I conjure up images of bowel movements. 🤣

I visit the Herman Cain Memorial Award forum on Reddit to satisfy my black heart and there are a number of people who write that their loved ones in the ICU have been "incubated". They also post about stats instead of sats 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Surrealist said:

This family cannot get it together, can they?

Kyle cannot get along with anyone besides the morally bankrupt Faye Resnick and, judging from that God awful pink neon sign in Kyle's entry, Faye secretly hates her too.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
On 10/9/2021 at 11:44 AM, Starlight925 said:

Something else interesting from the article:

"it appears Hilton, 62, did not attend the bat mitzvah, so fans should not expect to see a recent family photo of the sisters.  Kyle and Hilton may be on the outs again after they infamously feuded in the 2010s when Kyle’s husband, Mauricio Umansky, left his job with Kathy’s husband, Rick Hilton, to start his own real estate brokerage, The Agency."

Kyle and Kathy were just on WWHL together and seemed to be getting along fine.  The above seems like speculation and that they wanted to have a reason to bring up the stuff with Mo and Rick. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Kyle and Kathy were just on WWHL together and seemed to be getting along fine.  The above seems like speculation and that they wanted to have a reason to bring up the stuff with Mo and Rick. 

Also, Kathy's much older than Kyle. Ten years might not seem like a lot, but it kind of is.

Kathy's been with Rick since she was 15. I think that she and Rick have a very different lifestyle, friends, and the rest of their time is given over to their own kids and grandkids.

I've never understood why it's such a big deal that Kathy and Kyle aren't bffs. Not every sister relationship is like that. I'm not bffs with my sister, although I still love her. We've never been close. There's an almost seven year age gap between us.

As far as Kim is concerned, I suspect (maybe) that Kathy feels sorry for her more than anything. That's why she seems closer to Kim. More of a caretaker type. Kind of like Kyle toward Kim, too. Kyle doesn't seem to need that kind of support from either of her sisters. Of the three, I think she's the most "normal."

Edited by Surrealist
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

Also, Kathy's much older than Kyle. Ten years might not seem like a lot, but it kind of is.

Kathy's been with Rick since she was 15. I think that she and Rick have a very different lifestyle, friends, and the rest of their time is given over to their own kids and grandkids.

I've never understood why it's such a big deal that Kathy and Kyle aren't bffs. Not every sister relationship is like that. I'm not bffs with my sister, although I still love her. We've never been close. There's an almost seven year age gap between us.

As far as Kim is concerned, I suspect (maybe) that Kathy feels sorry for her more than anything. That's why she seems closer to Kim. More of a caretaker type. Kind of like Kyle toward Kim, too. Kyle doesn't seem to need that kind of support from either of her sisters. Of the three, I think she's the most "normal."

Many good points. An entire decade is definitely huge growing up. I'm sure Kyle pictured Kathy as an adult when she was five and Kathy was 15. At a certain point, 10 years isn't much though. I'm in my 30s, date men up to 10 years older, and have friends much older than that. 

For sure. When there are people who are closer in age to their aunts or nieces or cousins, they are often closer to them than their siblings. Kyle is almost right in the middle of Kathy and Paris age-wise. It explains why Paris is so precious to her. 

I don't personally think it's a big deal they're not bffs. But to me it is really sad to not have much of a relationship with your own sister. I remember Kyle saying herself she loves all her friends, but there's nothing like a sister. I have to agree with her. 

If one of Kyle's specialties is lasagna, and Kathy has no idea, that's not just not being besties, that's not being very close at all imo. Kathy looked so sad when she teared up in her confessional about all the time that they missed out on. It's definitely sad, but I'm glad they've gotten closer. Life's too short.

My age gap with my sister is half of yours with your sister. I felt it as a kid and early adult years. In our 30s, not so much. She can drive me crazy with some of the stuff she  says and does, but I love her dearly and treasure our relationship anyway. If she weren't my sister, I'd definitely be less forgiving of certain things. 

Agree with you there too. I also think it might be easiest for Kim to feel a bond with both sisters being in the middle. She wasn't too young to not have childhood memories with Kathy, but she wasn't too old to not grow up with Kyle. I agree that Kyle seems the most normal, not just among her sisters but among many of the women in the cast. It's one reason I see her appeal even though she can be mean. I know she loves the lifestyle she has, but she's someone I can see totally fine enjoying her husband and daughters living a regular suburban life. Some of the others would be like "No nanny? No chef? Buying my own groceries? Putting on my own makeup? The horror!" I can see Kyle feeling grateful to be a SAHM, watching movies with Mauricio, and shopping at Target. I can't say the same for Erika, Dorit, etc. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Many good points. An entire decade is definitely huge growing up. I'm sure Kyle pictured Kathy as an adult when she was five and Kathy was 15. At a certain point, 10 years isn't much though. I'm in my 30s, date men up to 10 years older, and have friends much older than that. 

For sure. When there are people who are closer in age to their aunts or nieces or cousins, they are often closer to them than their siblings. Kyle is almost right in the middle of Kathy and Paris age-wise. It explains why Paris is so precious to her. 

I don't personally think it's a big deal they're not bffs. But to me it is really sad to not have much of a relationship with your own sister. I remember Kyle saying herself she loves all her friends, but there's nothing like a sister. I have to agree with her. 

If one of Kyle's specialties is lasagna, and Kathy has no idea, that's not just not being besties, that's not being very close at all imo. Kathy looked so sad when she teared up in her confessional about all the time that they missed out on. It's definitely sad, but I'm glad they've gotten closer. Life's too short.

My age gap with my sister is half of yours with your sister. I felt it as a kid and early adult years. In our 30s, not so much. She can drive me crazy with some of the stuff she  says and does, but I love her dearly and treasure our relationship anyway. If she weren't my sister, I'd definitely be less forgiving of certain things. 

Agree with you there too. I also think it might be easiest for Kim to feel a bond with both sisters being in the middle. She wasn't too young to not have childhood memories with Kathy, but she wasn't too old to not grow up with Kyle. I agree that Kyle seems the most normal, not just among her sisters but among many of the women in the cast. It's one reason I see her appeal even though she can be mean. I know she loves the lifestyle she has, but she's someone I can see totally fine enjoying her husband and daughters living a regular suburban life. Some of the others would be like "No nanny? No chef? Buying my own groceries? Putting on my own makeup? The horror!" I can see Kyle feeling grateful to be a SAHM, watching movies with Mauricio, and shopping at Target. I can't say the same for Erika, Dorit, etc. 

I agree. You've explained it even better than I have. I know most of you have watched RHOBH since the beginning, so you have a better understanding and grasp of the sisters' dynamic. I've been learning more about the behind-the-scenes stuff on this forum. Although I did read House of Hilton, but it's been years. 

I'm guessing Erika wasn't the primary parent, right? As nutty as Dorit is, I don't doubt her love for her children. They're cuties too.

Oh, and for what it's worth, my response wasn't directed at anyone in these threads, but rather at the gossip rags trying to turn nothing into something.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I agree. You've explained it even better than I have. I know most of you have watched RHOBH since the beginning, so you have a better understanding and grasp of the sisters' dynamic. I've been learning more about the behind-the-scenes stuff on this forum. Although I did read House of Hilton, but it's been years. 

I'm guessing Erika wasn't the primary parent, right? As nutty as Dorit is, I don't doubt her love for her children. They're cuties too.

Oh, and for what it's worth, my response wasn't directed at anyone in these threads, but rather at the gossip rags trying to turn nothing into something.

You explained it great! You sound like a seasoned viewer, haha!

My understanding is Erika wasn't the primary parent because she lived in California. Agree with you about Dorit and her kids. 

Gotcha! Yeah, that's what they do sadly. They've been trying to make Mauricio a cheater since season 1. Never any proof. Maybe I'm naive or have missed out on legit info, but I think Mauricio loves Kyle and is faithful. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6
On 10/9/2021 at 7:34 AM, Bossa Nova said:
On 10/7/2021 at 3:53 PM, HunterHunted said:

Heart to you ! ;)♥️

Also, affect, effect.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Growning up I always thought my uncle was such a loser and wondered why he couldn't get his shit together because he was living with his parents, working shit jobs, etc.  He was a teenager 😆 I didn't do the math and realize that he's only 8 years older than me until I was like 40.  I just always thought he was an adult.  And I'm the smart one in my family...

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 10/9/2021 at 9:52 AM, amarante said:

Kim Richards evidently has enough money to do a complete face transplant. She is completely unrecognizable - at least to me

kim.thumb.jpeg.bae1c2f8f718b70e22de737894eec245.jpeg

Typically not a fan of these age-defying makeovers, but if she’s sober and sane, more power to her.

• Love 5
On 10/7/2021 at 2:38 PM, RealHousewife said:

Garcelle

Sutton

Crystal

Vanderpump

Denise

Camille

I can co-sign this…not a huge fan of LVP — got sick of her manipulations, but you can’t please casts all the people all the time with casting. Just going by this season of Vanderpump Rules so far, her Bravo presence seems to be shrinking (is Vanderpump Dogs still a thing?) so she might be willing to come back.

A season with no Kyle, no Erika, and no RINNA? Yes, please! Of the entire lot of ‘em, Rinna especially needs to go. Totally here for Camille and Denise — especially Denise.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, izabella said:

Except Erika isn't bringing in viewers.  Number of viewers never got above 1.29 million this entire season, which is lower than every other season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Real_Housewives_of_Beverly_Hills_episodes#Season_11_(2021)

I'm surprised! We had seasons where it was all pantygate or puppygate. I figured even people who don't like the current cast would tune in for the Girardi scandal. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm surprised! We had seasons where it was all pantygate or puppygate. I figured even people who don't like the current cast would tune in for the Girardi scandal. 

Looking at the numbers across the last few seasons, it seems there was a significant drop after puppygate season.  1.54M viewers was the lowest episode rating in puppygate season 9, but that is one of the highest ratings for "let's dump on Denise" season 10, which topped out at 1.63M.  Then this season was a disaster with an even bigger drop from the start.  Bravo lost half a million viewers from the end of Dump on Denise season to the first episode of this season.

• Useful 8
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I think Erika’s situation has become exhausting and enraging, and if you’re not following it closely, as many here are, frustrating and confusing. That, plus it’s become a one-woman show — for many people, that’s a turnoff. The casual viewer doesn’t want to feel beaten up at the end of every episode, they watch as a diversion, and this was some heavy shit — not the ridiculousness that pantygate was and even puppygate turned out to be.

I really wish she weren’t coming back. If I want to deal with narcissistic personalities, I can do that IRL.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9