Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, izabella said:

Except Erika isn't bringing in viewers.  Number of viewers never got above 1.29 million this entire season, which is lower than every other season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Real_Housewives_of_Beverly_Hills_episodes#Season_11_(2021)

Ratings are down from year-to-year which is more of a TV trend than something only RHofBH experiences. People are shifting their TV viewing to streaming options.

But if you look at the ratings for the season, they clearly went up as the show started to dive deeper into Erika's mess. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
On 10/8/2021 at 9:15 AM, pasdetrois said:

TMZ says that in order to capitalize (monetize) on Erika's notoriety, Bravo will begin production on the next season early - next week.

That's disgusting, if she's still on the show.  That's so nasty.  How do these producers live with themselves?

On 10/9/2021 at 9:52 AM, amarante said:

Kim Richards evidently has enough money to do a complete face transplant. She is completely unrecognizable - at least to me

Horrifying!

• Love 12

Garcelle and Vanderpump met at a fundraiser. It would be really interesting to see these two on RH at the same time. 

https://okmagazine.com/p/lisa-vanderpump-pals-around-red-carpet-garcelle-beauvais-after-teasing-possible-rhobh-return/

Adrienne Bailon was not pleased with Dorit after watching the reunion trailer! I adore her tiny yet fiery self. 

“Oh I shouldn’t watch this!” Bailon wrote in the comment section of Beauvais’ post on Instagram. “Tell Dorito to pipe down!!! Who does she think she’s talking to?! Now I wanna fight & its 8:22 in the morning. I’m choosing violence today after watching this damn clip. I’m pissed.”

https://heavy.com/entertainment/real-housewives/adrienne-bailon-instagram-dorit-kemsley-rhobh/

I also hated how Dorit screamed at Garcelle in the trailer. Unless there's some major editing manipulation, unacceptable. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 10
On 10/9/2021 at 8:52 AM, amarante said:

Kim Richards evidently has enough money to do a complete face transplant. She is completely unrecognizable - at least to me

kim.thumb.jpeg.bae1c2f8f718b70e22de737894eec245.jpeg

Oh my goodness. If you hadn’t told me I wouldn’t have known this is Kim.

Yikes!

• Love 6
On 10/12/2021 at 9:01 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

That's disgusting, if she's still on the show.  That's so nasty.  How do these producers live with themselves?

I won't be surprised if Erika returns. All they care about is ratings and how it translates to advertising dollars. They stuck with Teresa Guidice and she went to prison. I just finished season 10 and Teresa's edit was similar to Erika in the way all the women crowded around her and talked about "what a hard time she's doing through." The huge elephant in the room (her crime) was ignored. 

Kim Richards does look very skinny and unhealthy in that photo. I hope it's just the angle or lighting. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Kim Richards does look very skinny and unhealthy in that photo. I hope it's just the angle or lighting. 

I would just once in my middle age for someone to think I looked skinny, unhealthy.  Seriously though, seasons ago we saw Kim have a nose job when she was about a day (I exaggerate) in to her sobriety and Kyle worried about her needing pain meds or her self medicating, now she has gone full on face lift and seems like her demons are behind her since she was invited to the Bat Mitzvah...Kyle would not have invited her if she was using, maybe? 

Do we know why Kathy was not in attendance? 

• Love 2

So if filming has started for the new season beginning with Portia's bat mitzvah, we have another example of a milestone in Kyle's family life being used as a stage set for a Housewives episode, like the "tender" anniversary dinner?  Of course her daughter has grown up this way. I was bothered when she was mic'ed up at six years old. I wonder how many hours Dorit's kids spend wearing mic packs waiting for them to say something "cute". I have a lot of respect for the parents who won't allow their kids on camera. I guess I'm having problems seeing that 4th wall.

• Love 6
On 10/12/2021 at 11:24 PM, RealHousewife said:

Garcelle and Vanderpump met at a fundraiser. It would be really interesting to see these two on RH at the same time. 

https://okmagazine.com/p/lisa-vanderpump-pals-around-red-carpet-garcelle-beauvais-after-teasing-possible-rhobh-return/

Adrienne Bailon was not pleased with Dorit after watching the reunion trailer! I adore her tiny yet fiery self. 

“Oh I shouldn’t watch this!” Bailon wrote in the comment section of Beauvais’ post on Instagram. “Tell Dorito to pipe down!!! Who does she think she’s talking to?! Now I wanna fight & its 8:22 in the morning. I’m choosing violence today after watching this damn clip. I’m pissed.”

https://heavy.com/entertainment/real-housewives/adrienne-bailon-instagram-dorit-kemsley-rhobh/

I also hated how Dorit screamed at Garcelle in the trailer. Unless there's some major editing manipulation, unacceptable. 

You know, I really daren't hope, but the one thing that does give me just the teensiest bit of hope is Kyle's seeming Bravo-approved status as The *QuEeN of RHoBH*, simply because, being evil, they do like to set these women up for a fall.

But Kyle is such a cagey mofo, that she makes fast friends with producers, who would likely save her ass if she needed it. (They'd be fools if they ever expected her to save theirs in return, but side issue.) So, I don't hold out a lot of hope. Stil...there are these few little things popping up here and there, so maybe?

For my wishlist: Lisa and Garcelle and Denise = yes  Crystal, Kathy and Sutton can stay too.  Dorit can maybe stay a year, to grovel desperately for the season, then she can go. Erika, Rinna and Kyle are long past expiry date. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Jel said:

You know, I really daren't hope, but the one thing that does give me just the teensiest bit of hope is Kyle's seeming Bravo-approved status as The *QuEeN of RHoBH*, simply because, being evil, they do like to set these women up for a fall.

But Kyle is such a cagey mofo, that she makes fast friends with producers, who would likely save her ass if she needed it. (They'd be fools if they ever expected her to save theirs in return, but side issue.) So, I don't hold out a lot of hope. Stil...there are these few little things popping up here and there, so maybe?

For my wishlist: Lisa and Garcelle and Denise = yes  Crystal, Kathy and Sutton can stay too.  Dorit can maybe stay a year, to grovel desperately for the season, then she can go. Erika, Rinna and Kyle are long past expiry date. 

Maybe Kyle will pull a Vicki Gunvalson and yell, “This is MY show!” in front of Andy. That should do it PDQ.

I’m afraid we’re going to be stuck with the Evil Three for the foreseeable future.

Dorit is a mannequin, for all that she brings to the show anymore. She peaked with Puppygate. What does it say that PK was more entertaining than her this season? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

She’s always struck me as being perhaps anorexic. Thin, but not in a healthy way. She’s lived a hard life. Sad.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

She’s always struck me as being perhaps anorexic. Thin, but not in a healthy way. She’s lived a hard life. Sad.

She has had a lot of heartache in her life. I'm not sure about anorexia. Kyle has said she's dealt with it. IRC, she said once that it was hard for her growing up having two pretty blonde sisters who were naturally thinner than her. You can be naturally thin and still have eating issues though. I've been there. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

She has had a lot of heartache in her life. I'm not sure about anorexia. Kyle has said she's dealt with it. IRC, she said once that it was hard for her growing up having two pretty blonde sisters who were naturally thinner than her. You can be naturally thin and still have eating issues though. I've been there. 

It sounds like that whole Richards family dynamic was toxic, and Kyle and Kathy managed to survive it better than Kim, for the most part. I may be wrong, but didn’t Kim say that she was the main family breadwinner as a child actor? That is a lot of pressure to put on a kid.

I remember Kim from her “Nanny and the Professor” days and as a teen, and she was very cute. A part of me has always been rooting for her to get it together and find happiness. Maybe she finally has.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Maybe Kyle will pull a Vicki Gunvalson and yell, “This is MY show!” in front of Andy. That should do it PDQ.

I’m afraid we’re going to be stuck with the Evil Three for the foreseeable future.

Dorit is a mannequin, for all that she brings to the show anymore. She peaked with Puppygate. What does it say that PK was more entertaining than her this season? 

I think Kyle is way too cagey to make that mistake. But it would be awesome if she did!

But I think you are right, and the wretched trio will return. 

• Love 4

Long clip but Sharrell is saying Lisa is getting pummeled by fans over yesterday's episode. The rumors about Harry are also heating up. They're saying he has male lover in Canada and it's someone famous

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Long clip but Sharrell is saying Lisa is getting pummeled by fans over yesterday's episode. The rumors about Harry are also heating up. They're saying he has gay lover in Canada and it's someone famous. 

Squee! Link, please! Thank you!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Kyle may be fake and a drama stirrer and magnet, but she doesn't irk me as much as she does some others. (Also I think Mauricio is super hot and the fact that they have remained married for more than 3 years - many more says something!).

I tried to find something interesting in Dorit, and other than her linguistics talent, I come up emptyhanded. Yes she dresses creatively but that 's not my jam so to speak.

I find Rinna kind of interesting in the trainwreck I have to watch kind of way but overall I find her offensive and I would be ok with her getting the boot.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Long clip but Sharrell is saying Lisa is getting pummeled by fans over yesterday's episode. The rumors about Harry are also heating up. They're saying he has male lover in Canada and it's someone famous

Ooooh! Let’s talk about the husband.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

So Lisa may be a beard. Could this be what Brandi seems to be hanging over Lisa’s head (Amsterdam), and why Lisa always makes such a big honkin’ deal over her marriage to HARRY HAMLIN? Could this be what Denise seemed to allude to in her TH that she knew stuff that she could spill? 

If true, I don’t care about Lisa, but if Harry is happy, that’s all that matters. Life is too damn short to live a lie.

I guess I need to make a point now to watch the reunion if Lisa put her foot in her big mouth.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I wonder if Harry realizes how many people would be very happy if he confirmed this. Not because it would humiliate Lisa *although that is a plus), but because he is so much better liked and we would be glad to know he isn't really living his entire love life with that shrew.  Maybe we could start a "Free Harry" movement.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

If true, I don’t care about Lisa, but if Harry is happy, that’s all that matters. Life is too damn short to live a lie.

If true, Harry has been living a lie his whole life.  Too bad.  He could come out and live his best life openly, instead of hiding it and forcing himself to deal with Rinna just to keep it hidden.  That has to be soul-killing.  He's a fool if he is staying with her to hide being gay. 

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, izabella said:

If true, Harry has been living a lie his whole life.  Too bad.  He could come out and live his best life openly, instead of hiding it and forcing himself to deal with Rinna just to keep it hidden.  That has to be soul-killing.  He's a fool if he is staying with her to hide being gay. 

Sad is true but perhaps he is in a damned if he does and damned if he doesn't scenario.

At the peak of his career his coming out openly as gay would have definitely hurt his career. While closeted gays would still be able to work as leading romantic leads, it would be difficult for them to be cast - especially in television which was where he was working. Lots of closeted gays from that period - some had beards and some just were perennial bachelors.

If he came out at this point, he would never suffer career ramifications but he would probably get a lot of negative publicity for not having been truthful for many years.

Who really knows the truth? There are a lot of not very happily married people who stay together because there is no point in divorcing. Neither Rinna nor Harry would have a better life if they divorced since they have the means to lead entirely separate satisfactory lives. Divorcing - even in the friendliest of circumstance - would mean they would have to deal with difficult financial divisions. 

I don't think Rinna is particularly interested in finding a new emotional partner anymore than Erika is interested in finding either a sexual or emotional partner. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, chlban said:

I wonder if Harry realizes how many people would be very happy if he confirmed this. Not because it would humiliate Lisa (although that is a plus), but because he is so much better liked and we would be glad to know he isn't really living his entire love life with that shrew.  Maybe we could start a "Free Harry" movement.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

We're also assuming that he is gay and/or he and Rinna are not happy in their marriage. So far, neither of those points have been confirmed as true.

Some people are sure he's gay. Some people are sure he's a rapist. Some people are sure he's cheating on Rinna with other women. They can't all be right, can they? I mean I know it's possible, but it's clear there's a lot of pure speculation. Or as Erika would say, a lot of allegedly!

I get that Rinna isn't the nicest, but I'm not going to believe just anything about Harry. Unlike some of the other husbands, he's barely even on the show. He's a serious actor and not someone who just wants to be on TV. He shows up once in awhile to support his wife. Good people do sometimes marry assholes. 

If he is gay and has been in the closet all these years, my heart breaks for him. That's no way to live. 

If he's raped someone, that's obviously horrific, but there's nothing to back that up. 

I'm not Rinna's biggest fan, but I hope he's not cheating on her. If he is though, I do think that's between them and not something Kim or anyone else should bring up on the show. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, amarante said:

Sad is true but perhaps he is in a damned if he does and damned if he doesn't scenario.

At the peak of his career his coming out openly as gay would have definitely hurt his career. While closeted gays would still be able to work as leading romantic leads, it would be difficult for them to be cast - especially in television which was where he was working. Lots of closeted gays from that period - some had beards and some just were perennial bachelors.

If he came out at this point, he would never suffer career ramifications but he would probably get a lot of negative publicity for not having been truthful for many years.

Who really knows the truth? There are a lot of not very happily married people who stay together because there is no point in divorcing. Neither Rinna nor Harry would have a better life if they divorced since they have the means to lead entirely separate satisfactory lives. Divorcing - even in the friendliest of circumstance - would mean they would have to deal with difficult financial divisions. 

I don't think Rinna is particularly interested in finding a new emotional partner anymore than Erika is interested in finding either a sexual or emotional partner. 

Preface this by saying IF any of this is true…

Agree that Harry was in a difficult position in the 1980s because he was “the world’s sexiest man,” and became a huge sex symbol along with Jimmy Smits and Corbin Bernsen on “LA Law.” Society was still pretty much clueless as to homosexuality then (look at Rock Hudson), so Harry had no choice but to go along with the charade.

As I said earlier, Rinna is the least of my concerns, and if this arrangement works for her and Harry, more power to them. If this is indeed a fact, I’m happy that he is finally being true to himself, and I hope he finds happiness. The last 40 years had to have been difficult. And really, if I were him, I really wouldn’t give a damn what others think. He’s paid his dues here. I’m only sorry if he was outed before he was ready to announce it himself.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Preface this by saying IF any of this is true…

Agree that Harry was in a difficult position in the 1980s because he was “the world’s sexiest man,” and became a huge sex symbol along with Jimmy Smits and Corbin Bernsen on “LA Law.” Society was still pretty much clueless as to homosexuality then (look at Rock Hudson), so Harry had no choice but to go along with the charade.

As I said earlier, Rinna is the least of my concerns, and if this arrangement works for her and Harry, more power to them. If this is indeed a fact, I’m happy that he is finally being true to himself, and I hope he finds happiness. The last 40 years had to have been difficult. And really, if I were him, I really wouldn’t give a damn what others think. He’s paid his dues here. I’m only sorry if he was outed before he was ready to announce it himself.

Totally agree with the sentiments expressed by you.

I don't know or care if he is gay and I think it borders on homophobia to be speculating as to his sexual preferences. It is one of the reasons I found the Denise Rich season to be distasteful as I don't think the women would have acted in the same manner if it had been a heterosexual tryst.

Whatever their arrangement, Rinna and Harry seem to have a relationship that works for them. Whenever they are seen together, they seem to enjoy each other's company. 

My "speculation" really was based on how difficult it would have been for an actor - especially a sex symbol - to have come out as gay back in the 1980's. There was an excellent MOW broadcast on NBC in 1985 and it was difficult to even cast the parts of the gay couple and their friends because actors were afraid that the public (and casting directors and the networks) would see them as gay and thus would lose credibility for standard leading men.

Things have evolved since then to some degree but it still is somewhat of a big deal when an actor announces they are gay. I am not even sure whether they wouldn't limit roles - especially in television. I imagine there are openly out gay actors who are cast in roles as romantic leading men (or women) but I can't think of any at the moment. It is perhaps easier for lesbian women than gay men because for whatever reason a lot of homophobic men don't find lipstick lesbians to have negative sexual connotations - perhaps because they harbor a fantasy that the right man (meaning them) would change their sexual preferences. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 5

I actually like how Lisa makes fun of these rumours about Harry and their marriage, it is one of the things I like about her. I know I am at a very small table here, but I like Lisa and always have. And as I have said before, I love Harry. 

Harry doesn't have to be gay and closeted, he could be bi. He could be straight as an arrow, and is being targeted just because some people dislike his wife. Or are jealous of the almost 25 year marriage he and Lisa have. That's pretty much 1000 years in dog years.  Or Hollyweird years.  Either way, I always enjoy their interactions on the show, and it is obvious that they have a great connection.  Oh, and the family spent quite a bit of time at their cottage in Ontario this summer. Harry has been coming to Canada to the property his whole life, his grandfather owned a large chuck of land on the lake where their cottage is, and I think Harry still owns quite a bit of it. 

I always find it interesting that people are so quick to throw around accusations of being a closeted gay, just as many are quick to throw out the racist label.  Not talking about this board, just people in general. It has almost lost its meaning since it is bandied about so freely. JMO. 

As far as the reunion goes, I was enjoying Garcelle this season up until the last episode when she told Lisa that she should make an effort with Denise. WTF? Why, and what business is it of hers? She lost me there, as there was no reason for it and it is old news. Not to mention Denise seems to have her hands full with losing her battle with Charlie over support, so bringing her up at the end of the season out of the blue made no sense to me.

Not sure if Lisa said what Garcelle was accusing her of, but why wait until now to bring it up? When was it supposedly said? Garcelle has been on the show for two years now, so it doesn't make much sense to me. Unless it was in reference to RHoNY, which was destroyed IMO this year by Eboni (with an equal heap of blame going to Leah). I find Garcelle's approach as well as Crystal's much less strident and more inclusive as far as sharing their perspective. And I laughed out loud when Garcelle was steering Sutton's wheelchair a few epis back and said that since it was Black History Month, she should not be doing that. 

In any case this is being made a big deal by some on SM just because, as far as I can see, some hate everything Lisa says and does. Lisa and Garcelle have been friends for 20 years, and is it the producers as far as I know that have some say in what Garcelle (or for that matter Crystal) discuss on the show. So for me at least, it is a big yawn. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I was enjoying Garcelle this season up until the last episode when she told Lisa that she should make an effort with Denise. WTF? Why, and what business is it of hers? She lost me there, as there was no reason for it and it is old news. Not to mention Denise seems to have her hands full with losing her battle with Charlie over support, so bringing her up at the end of the season out of the blue made no sense to me.

Yes, but let's face it...most of the stuff these women bring up is none of their business to begin with! Then to add insult to injury, they pound the same shit in the ground over & over, so by the time the season is halfway though, it's also old news.

I think Garcelle suggested that Rinna make an effort with Denise because she truly cares about Denise and probably doesn't understand all the hostility over an alleged "affair" that wasn't any of Rinna's business in the first place...because all Rinna wanted to do is humiliate Denise.

When you realize that was Rinna's main focus, and now you see her total support to Erika, someone who wasn't a 25 yr friend and someone who might be involved in a REAL scandel, then you have to wonder why Rinna wouldn't want to make any effort to repair her relationship with Denise, since she (Rinna) is the one who destroyed it for a storyline.

• Love 19
On 10/15/2021 at 1:48 AM, RoseAllDay said:

It sounds like that whole Richards family dynamic was toxic, and Kyle and Kathy managed to survive it better than Kim, for the most part. I may be wrong, but didn’t Kim say that she was the main family breadwinner as a child actor? That is a lot of pressure to put on a kid.

I remember Kim from her “Nanny and the Professor” days and as a teen, and she was very cute. A part of me has always been rooting for her to get it together and find happiness. Maybe she finally has.

She did not get through that amount of plastic surgery without strong prescription drugs. That can be problematic for people with no history if addiction. I was fed up with Kim's adfiction and denial and was glad she left, but I wish her the best.  I just don't know If Kim ever really gets that she has a problem, which makes it unlikely she will get better, but I sincerely hope I am wrong.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

Yes, but let's face it...most of the stuff these women bring up is none of their business to begin with! Then to add insult to injury, they pound the same shit in the ground over & over, so by the time the season is halfway though, it's also old news.

I think Garcelle suggested that Rinna make an effort with Denise because she truly cares about Denise and probably doesn't understand all the hostility over an alleged "affair" that wasn't any of Rinna's business in the first place...because all Rinna wanted to do is humiliate Denise.

When you realize that was Rinna's main focus, and now you see her total support to Erika, someone who wasn't a 25 yr friend and someone who might be involved in a REAL scandel, then you have to wonder why Rinna wouldn't want to make any effort to repair her relationship with Denise, since she (Rinna) is the one who destroyed it for a storyline.

Its funny because I was just reading that Denise herself is annoyed that her name was brought up at the end of the season, and that she thinks it is producer manipulation. So that would mean that her good friend Garcelle doesn't really care about Denise as much as she does about doing the producer's bidding. One would think that if she was as good of a friend of Denise's as she claims, she would know that Denise does not want her name brought up.

I liked Denise in her first season, and found her to be a totally different person in her second. She herself said that she should never have done the second season because she was not in a good place. I don't know that Rinna had much to do with all Denise was dealing with, but do think Denise took a lot of her anger out on Rinna. If I were Rinna I would not be interested in renewing my friendship either. Some friendships are worth saving, some aren't. 

I agree with your first paragraph as far as stuff the women bring up, and the same shit being pounded into the ground. Garcelle is the same as the rest in that way. The only genuine person of the group to me is Sutton. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Its funny because I was just reading that Denise herself is annoyed that her name was brought up at the end of the season, and that she thinks it is producer manipulation. So that would mean that her good friend Garcelle doesn't really care about Denise as much as she does about doing the producer's bidding. One would think that if she was as good of a friend of Denise's as she claims, she would know that Denise does not want her name brought up.

I liked Denise in her first season, and found her to be a totally different person in her second. She herself said that she should never have done the second season because she was not in a good place. I don't know that Rinna had much to do with all Denise was dealing with, but do think Denise took a lot of her anger out on Rinna. If I were Rinna I would not be interested in renewing my friendship either. Some friendships are worth saving, some aren't. 

I agree with your first paragraph as far as stuff the women bring up, and the same shit being pounded into the ground. Garcelle is the same as the rest in that way. The only genuine person of the group to me is Sutton. 

My guess is Denise wanted to return, Garcelle thought she'd help with that, then Denise changed her mind. Garcelle did say at the reunion she's done about talking Denise. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

My guess is Denise wanted to return, Garcelle thought she'd help with that, then Denise changed her mind. Garcelle did say at the reunion she's done about talking Denise. 

I don't get WWHL, but when did  the episode air when Garcelle said that (to paraphrase)  Denise would return if they got rid of someone, meaning LR? In any case, if Denise did want Garcelle to talk about her, then complained about it, it sounds like she still has a problem with the truth, and made Garcelle out to look like she did something that Denise did not want her to do. For such good friends, it seems they have their wires crossed. 

I don't know that the show would want Denise "Bravo Bravo" Richards back, as I doubt she is in any better head space now than she was the second year. With her oldest daughter saying living with Denise and Aaron was a nightmare (which of course may or may not be true) and the judge just ruling that Charlie owes no child support for either child going as far back as I  think it was 2018, I don't imagine Denise wants to deal with those issues on air. Brandy would look like a walk in the park in comparison. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I wish they could get Heather Locklear. I read they’ve considered her but she’s too unstable. I’d also like to see Nicolette Sheridan join the cast. I read she was also considered. I don’t know why she was ruled out, if she declined or they did. 

I think Lisa is just out for herself. She sees this as one of her gigs and will do whatever is necessary to maintain it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

I think Lisa is just out for herself. She sees this as one of her gigs and will do whatever is necessary to maintain it. 

Agreed - Lisa does whatever she needs to do to keep the camera on her, whether that means spreading her legs on a tabletop, jumping into Garcelle’s lap at the reunion, or sticking to Erika like glue all season. 

• Love 10
On 10/15/2021 at 6:28 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I actually like how Lisa makes fun of these rumours about Harry and their marriage, it is one of the things I like about her. I know I am at a very small table here, but I like Lisa and always have. And as I have said before, I love Harry. 

Harry doesn't have to be gay and closeted, he could be bi. He could be straight as an arrow, and is being targeted just because some people dislike his wife. Or are jealous of the almost 25 year marriage he and Lisa have. That's pretty much 1000 years in dog years.  Or Hollyweird years.  Either way, I always enjoy their interactions on the show, and it is obvious that they have a great connection.  Oh, and the family spent quite a bit of time at their cottage in Ontario this summer. Harry has been coming to Canada to the property his whole life, his grandfather owned a large chuck of land on the lake where their cottage is, and I think Harry still owns quite a bit of it. 

I always find it interesting that people are so quick to throw around accusations of being a closeted gay, just as many are quick to throw out the racist label.  Not talking about this board, just people in general. It has almost lost its meaning since it is bandied about so freely. JMO. 

I have pretty ambivalent feelings about Lisa, myself. I think that she can be pretty self-aware and is able to laugh at herself, and I like that about her. But I found her anger at Denise (who I don't even like all that much) and Garcelle really perplexing and her willingness to attach herself to Erika also makes me question her.  So I don't hate Rinna entirely but I also don't find myself rooting for her, especially when it comes to her relationship with Erika.

All of that being said, I find most of the "rumors" around Harry to be pretty silly, and based on nothing but wishful thinking, if you will. I think that at this stage in their long-term relationship, Harry and Rinna have more of a friendship than anything else and that's fine.  But I think a lot of people attach rumors to Harry because they think it will somehow harm Rinna and really, that's not very nice. And usually, these rumors don't come with much evidence, so I've taken to ignoring most of them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I wish they could get Heather Locklear. I read they’ve considered her but she’s too unstable. I’d also like to see Nicolette Sheridan join the cast. I read she was also considered. I don’t know why she was ruled out, if she declined or they did. 

Nicole Sheridan, Harry's ex? I have to admit that would bring me back for another season so matter who else they keep.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
52 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I have pretty ambivalent feelings about Lisa, myself. I think that she can be pretty self-aware and is able to laugh at herself, and I like that about her. But I found her anger at Denise (who I don't even like all that much) and Garcelle really perplexing and her willingness to attach herself to Erika also makes me question her.  So I don't hate Rinna entirely but I also don't find myself rooting for her, especially when it comes to her relationship with Erika.

All of that being said, I find most of the "rumors" around Harry to be pretty silly, and based on nothing but wishful thinking, if you will. I think that at this stage in their long-term relationship, Harry and Rinna have more of a friendship than anything else and that's fine.  But I think a lot of people attach rumors to Harry because they think it will somehow harm Rinna and really, that's not very nice. And usually, these rumors don't come with much evidence, so I've taken to ignoring most of them.

I like that about Lisa too. A sense of humor and being able to laugh at yourself are two very endearing qualities. I ditto that a bit about Camille. I love when she pokes fun at herself and will even admit "that was pure stupidity." Lisa's anger toward Denise grossed me out. I don't care for her treatment of Garcelle either. I basically enjoy her as a soap opera character, which in a way is how I enjoyed her growing up. I did initially actually enjoy Lisa Rinna though. She seemed nice at first. I know Vanderpump can be shady. Kim Richards can be very difficult. So I wasn't someone who thought Rinna was evil for having issues with Vanderpump or getting into it with Kim She did gross me out with how she treated a grieving Vandeprump though. She officially lost me when she was pushing for Denise to admit to cheating with Brandi Glanville. Even if Lisa and Denise weren't as close as we thought, that's a dirty move. Forcing anyone to talk about their sex life and hurt their marriage and poor kids for what? Ratings? Shame on Rinna and all of them. 

I think so too. I know Rinna's outburst was crazy, but it's possible the poor guy's biggest crime is marrying Rinna. Can you imagine people saying all sorts of terrible things about you, even saying you're a rapist, and you're just an old man trying to act?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Rinna’s blind loyalty to Erika baffled me too. I used to like her candid “I don’t give a ****” personality, but now I find her annoying.

Rinna feeds on attention however she gets it, which is how she laughs this stuff off. Like the old saying, “I don’t care what they say as long as they’re talking about me.” (Bad paraphrase.) 

My only complaint is that this is, ultimately, Harry’s business, not fodder for entertainment news gossip. But alas, life in Hollywood.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I wish they could get Heather Locklear. I read they’ve considered her but she’s too unstable. 

I've always had a soft spot for Heather, but am not sure I would want her on this show.

I think that would be a trainwreck, but not in a fun way. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I don't think it is possible to get to the length of relationship they have without friendship being the biggest component. Hubby and I have been together for the same length of time, and friendship is the most important part of our relationship. He is the only person that I never get tired of being around. I also have no doubt believing that they still have a healthy sex life - Lisa in only in her late 50s and Harry his late 60s. I have never seen anything on the show to indicate that they are not still attracted to each other. But their marriage is certainly an anomaly in Hollywood -by a couple of decades! 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3