Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

I want to be clear that I’m not saying they didn’t have other reasons for disliking LVP or even Denise. LVP was absolutely manipulative and didn’t like to get her hands dirty. She cared about her image more than her friendships. Don’t even get me started on how unbearable she was to watch on Vanderpump Rules to the point where she was ruining her own spin-off. I am no LVP fan. I found her entertaining on RHoBH some seasons but others she only looked good in comparison to others.

I’m not sure what their issues were with Denise but perhaps she did some stuff behind the scenes we don’t know about. But Erika has done way worse things than LVP and Denise ever did. It’s not just the widows and orphans. She’s very clearly lying to these women, which is something they complained bitterly about with LVP and Denise. She lashes out at people in very vicious ways too. They’ve all had major issues with Dorit as well. I don’t think they like her very much. Rinna has been awful to almost everyone on the show at some point, including Kyle’s sister. But being disliked or a terrible person or a liar or annoying or whatever doesn’t seem to determine whether these ladies put up with someone or try to take them down. The difference I see is whether or not they’re jealous of the person or not. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
56 minutes ago, glowbug said:

The difference I see is whether or not they’re jealous of the person or not. 

I agree entirely with your post, but I would add it also depends on whether they see that person as a threat to their standing or popularity on the show.  And because they have formed a clique, if even one of them feels a certain way, they all support her against "outsiders" regardless of any reality.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Of course she she pretends she doesn't know. That's why I don't believe her "I was so drunk during the dinner party, I had no idea what was going on" excuse.

I remember Kyle looking uncomfortable when Kim brought the bunny out, not laughing.

Funny how this is a big injustice, yet stealing money from widows and orphans and threatening people is totally ok.

I do not understand why Kyle and Dorito continue to bow down to Erika unless it is because they know she will bring out their dirty laundry.  Rinna is as counterfeit as they come and other than agreeing with Erika she has no storyline.  No one cares about her lipstick I would not buy some to put on a pig and this year has not made her any more likable (and I used to really like her).  The thing is that Kyle wants Teddi back so she has a stooge that will do what she says. 

Garcelle, Crystal and Sutton are the untouchables at this point and actually could have a storyline that is is at least interesting or I should say not about being sued or stealing money.  Dorit really has no ally and other than Kathy neither does Kyle and I really do not see any storyline coming for either.  Unless Dorit gets into kids clothing she has pretty much run her course.

Erika was interesting this year but we are all tired of her Im not a Victim victimhood - whats her storyline going to be?  She has no way to get a job so unless she finds a famewhore man to date I just dont see anything for her either

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, lawrbk said:

Ugh, so some friend of Rinna’s is joining? I saw something earlier but now can’t locate it so 🤞🙏it won’t happen. 

1. I hope you’re wrong.

2. Rinna has current friends?

Random observation: Garcelle and Denise were friends with Lipsa

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, lawrbk said:

Ugh, so some friend of Rinna’s is joining? I saw something earlier but now can’t locate it so 🤞🙏it won’t happen. 

I saw that article too.  Rinna ruined the show for me, but I've kept up some through the forums.   If they're two peas in a pod, then I guess I won't be watching, but then again, friends have a way of ending up hating each other on these shows, so who knows what might happen! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I saw that article too.  Rinna ruined the show for me, but I've kept up some through the forums.   If they're two peas in a pod, then I guess I won't be watching, but then again, friends have a way of ending up hating each other on these shows, so who knows what might happen! 

Where’s the article.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They introduced Sutton as a friend of Lisa's. Which has become interesting, since it seems they barely know each other. 

Lisa was only "friends" with Sutton's bank account and any perks she could possibly get from it. She mentioned how rich Sutton is on a few occasions.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
On 10/29/2021 at 11:06 PM, dosodog said:

You stole my house is more about Kim's belief her career set up her sister's lives.  They lived off her career as kids,

I have said from the beginning that it's entirely possible for Kim to believe that she supported the entire family off of her work AND that the family never actually depended on Kim's earnings to survive. Both can be true. For the family to have depended on Kim's income the way Kim and viewers think they did, one has to ignore Big Kathy's long history of trapping wealthy guys and bleeding them dry. She married 2 more guys after she and Ken Richards divorced. And Big Kathy basically left Ken Richards ruined and she still insisted on child support. It's ludicrous to believe that Kim alone was their primary means of support because there's no way Big Kathy would have passed on using her husbands' money just to live off of what Kim earned.

Additionally if Big Kathy was using all of the money from every man she'd ever been with and Kim's income, she was also using Kyle's income and Little Kathy's regardless of "meager" it may have been in comparison.

The reason I think it's possible for Kim to think she was the primary wage earner even if she wasn't is because Big Kathy was very manipulative and coercive. Both Kim and Kyle have talked about driving themselves to jobs when they were around 13. Big Kathy was also very neglectful. Kim, honestly, never seemed like she was much into acting. How do you get your increasingly independent and very disillusioned teen to continue doing a job she doesn't really like? You tell her that her mom and younger sister will starve if she doesn't work even if that was never true.

On 10/29/2021 at 11:06 PM, dosodog said:

Kathy met Rick through Kim's then oil baron husband.

No, she didn't. Kathy married Rick when she was 20. Kathy is 5 years older than Kim. Kim married Monty at 21 and Gregg Davis when she was 24. It's possible that Rick was a friend of Gregg's, but Kim certainly wasn't married to Gregg when Kathy and Rick met.

• Useful 8
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

For the family to have depended on Kim's income the way Kim and viewers think they did, one has to ignore Big Kathy's long history of trapping wealthy guys and bleeding them dry. She married 2 more guys after she and Ken Richards divorced. And Big Kathy basically left Ken Richards ruined and she still insisted on child support. It's ludicrous to believe that Kim alone was their primary means of support because there's no way Big Kathy would have passed on using her husbands' money just to live off of what Kim earned.

Your whole post is excellent, but I'm quoting this part because it's one thing that never made sense to me-people forgetting Big Kathy notoriously went after rich men. Why on earth would Kim have "done it all," bought Kyle her first car and everything when the parents had money? It's not like they were broke or middle-class with one obscenely rich  actress daughter. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I have said from the beginning that it's entirely possible for Kim to believe that she supported the entire family off of her work AND that the family never actually depended on Kim's earnings to survive. Both can be true. For the family to have depended on Kim's income the way Kim and viewers think they did, one has to ignore Big Kathy's long history of trapping wealthy guys and bleeding them dry. She married 2 more guys after she and Ken Richards divorced. And Big Kathy basically left Ken Richards ruined and she still insisted on child support. It's ludicrous to believe that Kim alone was their primary means of support because there's no way Big Kathy would have passed on using her husbands' money just to live off of what Kim earned.

Additionally if Big Kathy was using all of the money from every man she'd ever been with and Kim's income, she was also using Kyle's income and Little Kathy's regardless of "meager" it may have been in comparison.

The reason I think it's possible for Kim to think she was the primary wage earner even if she wasn't is because Big Kathy was very manipulative and coercive. Both Kim and Kyle have talked about driving themselves to jobs when they were around 13. Big Kathy was also very neglectful. Kim, honestly, never seemed like she was much into acting. How do you get your increasingly independent and very disillusioned teen to continue doing a job she doesn't really like? You tell her that her mom and younger sister will starve if she doesn't work even if that was never true.

No, she didn't. Kathy married Rick when she was 20. Kathy is 5 years older than Kim. Kim married Monty at 21 and Gregg Davis when she was 24. It's possible that Rick was a friend of Gregg's, but Kim certainly wasn't married to Gregg when Kathy and Rick met.

I just want to make it clear, those were not my opinions, but statements from producers/production in the book, Not All Diamonds and Rose!

I'm a HUGE fan of yours and personally think, with as much inside info you provide, you could write a tell all of the behind the scene machinations of Bravo!

• Love 10

I'm not sure I care much about what the financial ledger says about who made what and where it came from.

Kim may or may not have kept the family afloat financially, and she may think she funded the family more than she really did, but she was the family jewel where media was concerned with visible jobs (e.g. Disney movies) and media coverage for the younger crowd. As such, I feel that her success likely led to acting connections for Kyle and maybe even drew men to Big Kathy.

IMO, Kim did carry the family.

P.S. I grew up watching Kim's movies (she was adorable).  I didn't even know she had a sister until RHBH.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 7

I know some of us are absolutely over hearing about Erika, but if anyone else needs a nice, factual counterbalance to last night's histrionics the LA Times reporters (of the too-long article fame) are dipping in and out of an AMA on Reddit today.

Also, they answer some questions in the LA Times re RH here:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2021-11-03/real-housewives-beverly-hills-reunion-erika-jayne-tom-girardi-questions

ETA: one thing I was very happy to read was that the LA Times has filed suit against the California Bar. These reporters have covered legal affairs for years and heard rumblings about Girardi the entire time. As the Bar admitted "mistakes were made", the Times wants the internal reviews of complaints against Girardi.

I'm hoping there is the possibility of settlements / restitution for at least some of these victims.

Edited by chick binewski
  • Useful 2
  • Love 20
On 11/2/2021 at 7:38 PM, Stats Queen said:

Where’s the article.

I'm sorry, but I can't remember where I saw it.  Probably when I was looking through Google on my phone.  Random blurbs about the HWs show up from time to time.  I didn't click on the article.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, nexxie said:

This might be posted somewhere else, but seems to fit here. Unseen reunion clip from WWHL of Erika and Garcelle going at it.

https://pagesix.com/2021/11/04/erika-jayne-garcelle-beauvais-fight-in-deleted-rhobh-scene/

I think Erika has a very low emotional intelligence. Politely removing yourself from a toxic situation is not being"run off", it's a dignified way to gather yourself without blowing a gasket in certain situations. 

But it's her m.o. to stay and spew nasty threats at someone and act "strong". She doesn't have the ability to politely shut a conversation down, she has to bare her canines and snarl at her perceived offender like a rabid dog. She's gutter trash.

Edited by DawnDavenport
  • Useful 2
  • Love 21
On 11/4/2021 at 3:08 PM, RealHousewife said:

I like how after she gets called out, she changes her tune and tries to add nuance to her views. Of course that's nothing new. I only liked her on the show because she loved torturing Kyle.

We see you Lisa, you greedy sh*tstirring 1%er. Worth $90 million (supposedly) and they can't sacrifice a little? Gimme a break. You know they got PPE funds like every other business.

Even before the pandemic, we heard about some of the shady crap they pulled: not paying vendor bills and sexual harrassment accusation.

She can lose me with this "but we're struggling" like everyone else BS. Neither they nor their kids had to worry about paying the rent, mortgage, and utility bills. If they can't adapt to the fact that the workers aren't taking crap anymore, then they should retire. 

Edited by DawnDavenport
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, DawnDavenport said:

I like how after she gets called out, she changes her tune and tries to add nuance to her views. Of course that's nothing new. I only liked her on the show because she loved torturing Kyle.

We see you Lisa, you greedy sh*tstirring 1%er. Worth $90 million (supposedly) and they can't sacrifice a little? Gimme a break. You know they got PPE funds like every other business too.

Even before the pandemic, we heard about some of the shady crap they pulled: not paying vendor bills and sexual harrassment accusation.

She can lose me with this "but we're struggling" like everyone else BS. Neither they nor their kids had to worry about paying the rent, mortgage, and utility bills. If they can't adapt to the fact that the workers aren't taking crap anymore, then they should retire. 

This is the first time I've seen Lisa get called out to this degree. 

I am not a server or restaurateur, but she sounds like she's how she seems on RH-business first, people second. While I know you can be rich and an honest, good person, I'm always suspicious of the exceptionally rich. I figure there's exploitation going on somewhere.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Yeah, LVP and Ken aren't exactly owners who live from paycheck to paycheck. I'm sure they could retire today and still live extremely comfortable lives. Heck, LVP could monetize her social media accounts (if she hasn't already) even if they, and she'd still make some decent $$$.

• Love 7

I remember a reality show about manners or something and one of the hosts was Kathy, she was supposed to teach the girls (and they were a rough lot too!) about decorum and manners, would it have been a no no to mention that show during the recent season of RHOBH?  The HW's talk about acting roles they have done or doing in other shows so I would have thought it would be interesting to talk about Kathy's past foray in TV.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I remember a reality show about manners or something and one of the hosts was Kathy, she was supposed to teach the girls (and they were a rough lot too!) about decorum and manners, would it have been a no no to mention that show during the recent season of RHOBH?  The HW's talk about acting roles they have done or doing in other shows so I would have thought it would be interesting to talk about Kathy's past foray in TV.

Your comment jogged my memory and I remember watching a few of the episodes.  I had to look it up, and it was called "I Want To Be a Hilton" (don't we all?) but there were only 8 episodes and wasn't renewed for a second season.  In other words, a flop.  Maybe that's why Kathy doesn't care to talk about it too much.  I just realized Kathy reminds me of Martha Stewart.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

19 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

Your comment jogged my memory and I remember watching a few of the episodes.  I had to look it up, and it was called "I Want To Be a Hilton" (don't we all?) but there were only 8 episodes and wasn't renewed for a second season.  In other words, a flop.  Maybe that's why Kathy doesn't care to talk about it too much.  I just realized Kathy reminds me of Martha Stewart.

Oh, for a minute there, I was in shock assuming you meant she hosted VH-1’s “Charm School” with all of the “Rock of Love” and “Flavor of Love” rejects. 
home video vh1 GIF by RealityTVGIFs

• LOL 18

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10166949/Erika-Jayne-meets-RHOBH-castmates-Sutton-Stracke-seen-reunion.html

It’s disgusting that an abusive bully like Erika has been given a raise and signed for another year. She should have been fired the second she threatened Sutton. Andy and the other women should have insisted that she leave the reunion set when she attacked Sutton with such venom. This was the only RH show I still watched, but won’t be back for another season. The enabling of sociopaths like Erika, even elevating them into better, high-paying and high-powered positions, is a huge problem in our society, in schools, neighborhoods, companies, churches and gov’t. 

(Thanks Andy - now I have to watch the Kardashians on hulu to enjoy the delicious snarking on this site!)

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Oh, for a minute there, I was in shock assuming you meant she hosted VH-1’s “Charm School” with all of the “Rock of Love” and “Flavor of Love” rejects. 

Well I WAS going to binge watch Dexter today, but if this is on Hulu........

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10166949/Erika-Jayne-meets-RHOBH-castmates-Sutton-Stracke-seen-reunion.html

It’s disgusting that an abusive bully like Erika has been given a raise and signed for another year. She should have been fired the second she threatened Sutton. Andy and the other women should have insisted that she leave the reunion set when she attacked Sutton with such venom. This was the only RH show I still watched, but won’t be back for another season. The enabling of sociopaths like Erika, even elevating them into better, high-paying and high-powered positions, is a huge problem in our society, in schools, neighborhoods, companies, churches and gov’t. 

(Thanks Andy - now I have to watch the Kardashians on hulu to enjoy the delicious snarking on this site!)

I don't argue with anything you've written. I continue to watch, though significantly less faithfully and or focused, and continue to hang my head in shame about it.

I am an otherwise intelligent and tasteful woman. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I don't argue with anything you've written. I continue to watch, though significantly less faithfully and or focused, and continue to hang my head in shame about it.

I am an otherwise intelligent and tasteful woman. 

S'okay, Polliwolliedoodle! We're going to need someone on the inside to tell us non-watchers what's happening. You'll be the eyes and ears so we know what to snark about.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
13 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Holy crap. Maybe I need to binge this mess next.

4 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

S'okay, Polliwolliedoodle! We're going to need someone on the inside to tell us non-watchers what's happening. You'll be the eyes and ears so we know what to snark about.

Because I only just binged the entire series a couple of months ago, I'm still in.

I'll do the dirty work so that you don't have to. 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 11/4/2021 at 6:08 PM, RealHousewife said:

Put a crowbar in your wallet, Lisa.

Your employees live in a very expensive part of the country, and what may sound like an “exorbitant” wage to you may just barely cover their costs of living (if that), of which you know fuck-all about. So, what should they be paid then? I want to see data on her claim that tipped employees can make $500/night and $100,000/yr. On what perfect-world variables is that based? Do they get benefits?

This is why things are at such a tipping point. People are getting tired of being treated like slaves and told by management that they should just smile and be happy they have a job. 

Not everybody gets a sweet gig on Vanderpump Rules for mixing drinks, bussing tables, and fighting in the kitchen. Maybe she’s forgotten that. Or maybe she just doesn’t give a damn. 

22 hours ago, nexxie said:

At the very least Sutton should be given the option as to whether to film with Erika. If it were me, I’d want that bitch to stay as far away from me as possible. 

• Love 15
On 11/5/2021 at 5:45 PM, nexxie said:

This might be posted somewhere else, but seems to fit here. Unseen reunion clip from WWHL of Erika and Garcelle going at it.

https://pagesix.com/2021/11/04/erika-jayne-garcelle-beauvais-fight-in-deleted-rhobh-scene/

Gutless of Andy to show this on WWHL, but not include it in the reunion.

What Garcelle is trying to get through that shew’s thick skull is, when you find yourself in that kind of situation, you remove yourself from it. That’s not a sign of weakness, it’s called being a mature adult. Erika went off on Sutton, not the other way around. Also, you don’t resort to making threats, either.

How can anyone who’s watched this possibly come away with seeing Erika in any sympathetic light? Mean, hard, argumentative, defensive, confused, narcissistic, rabid, unrepentant, sarcastic, grating, bullying, offensive, crude…did I miss anything?

• Love 24
22 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

At the very least Sutton should be given the option as to whether to film with Erika. If it were me, I’d want that bitch to stay as far away from me as possible. 

I'd be there if only to bother her with my existence, let her snarl and threaten me, if anything happened to me it would not take the Scooby Doo Detective Agency to figure out it was Erika.  Besides, why should Sutton miss out on camera time because Erika can't control herself.  Sutton should film with her as much as possible just to annoy and let her spin out of control, Erika is a PR nightmare.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I'd be there if only to bother her with my existence, let her snarl and threaten me, if anything happened to me it would not take the Scooby Doo Detective Agency to figure out it was Erika.  Besides, why should Sutton miss out on camera time because Erika can't control herself.  Sutton should film with her as much as possible just to annoy and let her spin out of control, Erika is a PR nightmare.

Not to Andy and Bravo, apparently. Therein lies the whole problem.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Put a crowbar in your wallet, Lisa.

Your employees live in a very expensive part of the country, and what may sound like an “exorbitant” wage to you may just barely cover their costs of living (if that), of which you know fuck-all about. So, what should they be paid then? I want to see data on her claim that tipped employees can make $500/night and $100,000/yr. On what perfect-world variables is that based? Do they get benefits?

This is why things are at such a tipping point. People are getting tired of being treated like slaves and told by management that they should just smile and be happy they have a job. 

Not everybody gets a sweet gig on Vanderpump Rules for mixing drinks, bussing tables, and fighting in the kitchen. Maybe she’s forgotten that. Or maybe she just doesn’t give a damn. 

I read some posts from servers that said the amount Lisa quoted is only on a good night, not most nights. I have no idea personally, but I am very pro worker. I applaud Lisa for all her philanthropy, but one of the best things she can do is simply pay her servers more. 

Agree with you about Sutton and Erika as well. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I read some posts from servers that said the amount Lisa quoted is only on a good night, not most nights. I have no idea personally, but I am very pro worker. I applaud Lisa for all her philanthropy, but one of the best things she can do is simply pay her servers more. 

Agree with you about Sutton and Erika as well. 

Maybe Lisa’s getting the rank-and-file confused with the chosen few who have been on VR.

Some (maybe most) places make servers pool their tips, maybe to ensure that workers like table bussers get a part of the money. My ex, who waited tables to put himself through college, used to give a portion of his tips to the busboys as a courtesy. He could tell stories all day about rude and cheap patrons who expected the sun, moon, and stars in service, but left tips well below the percentage of the bill, if they left anything at all. I’m sure Lisa’s clientele are no different. Some are generous, some are not, but there is no way they can pull down the kind of money Lisa says. I’m open to differing views on this.

• Love 8
On 11/7/2021 at 6:15 AM, JenE4 said:

I see this program is available on Amazon Prime . . .  👀

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4