Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Zella said:

Virtual hugs for all of you who have older relatives struggling through this! 😞

@SunnyBeBe I found my diary notes for the bronchitis ordeal. Feel free to skip this, everyone.

I'd written a bit more than I remembered, but I think I was paranoid and trying to document symptoms. But I was sick for about 3 weeks and then still had some residual issues for a week or two, but I was able to work at that point and run errands and whatnot.

It started with a very sudden sore throat and cough right before bed one Saturday night--and I remember that very well because as soon as it happened, I was like "Oh shit! This doesn't feel good at all." And by the next day, I had a really deep chest cough, a fever a touch over 100, and a lot of other discomforts. The coughing until I puked is what freaked me out enough to go to a doctor early the following week.

Got diagnosed with a bad cold and given prescription cough medicine and then from there just continued to deteriorate. By the following Saturday, the feeling like I was going to drown at night made me go back to the doctor, and I got the bronchitis diagnosis and more meds. Even with that, I was still pretty miserable for another week or so, though that was the week I was finally able to watch TV and read a little rather than spend the entire day hiding in my bed. I apparently at the time thought that coughing until I lost bladder control was on a day my cough was doing better?! 

I didn't remember all this, but apparently I also coughed until I had a nosebleed one day and I also coughed until my back hurt. I remember that in retrospect now, and that really sucked because the coughing made my back hurt even more, and it struck me as perversely funny, and any laughter made my back hurt too. Not sure what I managed to do to my back, but after I was feeling better and had stopped writing about lingering shortness of breath and wheezing, I was still bitching about my back hurting in my diary for a few days. 

And that concludes Zella's Bronchitis Chronicles. 😉 

Oh man. Yeah, it sounds so familiar. I had same coughing, but I also had head cold first, lots of cold in sinuses, ears popping, congestion, etc.  I had back pain too. It’ll be interesting for us both to see our antibody test results. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh man. Yeah, it sounds so familiar. I had same coughing, but I also had head cold first, lots of cold in sinuses, ears popping, congestion, etc.  I had back pain too. It’ll be interesting for us both to see our antibody test results. 

Oh that's interesting about the back pain! I wrote about my ear congestion on the first day too. 

For me, since mine was over a year ago, I know it wasn't COVID-19, but I would be very curious to see antibody results for me in general. As far as I know, I have not been exposed to it, and I've tried to be careful, but that of course doesn't guarantee anything. 

10 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Word. 

Absolutely. 

And I’m sitting here knowing that my god mother (Who has cancer and is on chemo) and mother (who has a few chronic health conditions) are out there in their 70s putting their life on the line because they want black and brown women to have the best care. 

If they can do that my black ass can stay the fuck at home!!

(I’m doing well with all this but I worry about both of them getting breathed on😢). 

Heroines, both of them. ❤️❤️❤️ Not surprising, knowing you. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Zella said:

It started with a very sudden sore throat and cough right before bed one Saturday night--and I remember that very well because as soon as it happened, I was like "Oh shit! This doesn't feel good at all." And by the next day, I had a really deep chest cough, a fever a touch over 100, and a lot of other discomforts. The coughing until I puked is what freaked me out enough to go to a doctor early the following week.

This is what I call The Sore Throat of Doom. Last time this happened was when I was in Detroit burying my sister. Once it starts there is no way to stop it. My other sibs and cousins met up for lunch when I got there and as  I was walking out of the restaurant it hit me like a slap in the face. Had to call my doc in MN to send an emergency prescription for prednisone and codeine cough syrup and while I was in Walgreens I picked up NyQuil/DayQuil and Nasacort spray as well. Even with all this I was sick in bed for two days before I could venture out at all. If I don’t do this it’s guaranteed I’ll end up with pneumonia. It’s nasty and I don’t wish it on anyone. With this history I’m being particular about anti-COVID measures. I don’t think I’d do well at all, tbh. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

This is what I call The Sore Throat of Doom. Last time this happened was when I was in Detroit burying my sister. Once it starts there is no way to stop it. My other sibs and cousins met up for lunch when I got there and as  I was walking out of the restaurant it hit me like a slap in the face. Had to call my doc in MN to send an emergency prescription for prednisone and codeine cough syrup and while I was in Walgreens I picked up NyQuil/DayQuil and Nasacort spray as well. Even with all this I was sick in bed for two days before I could venture out at all. If I don’t do this it’s guaranteed I’ll end up with pneumonia. It’s nasty and I don’t wish it on anyone. With this history I’m being particular about anti-COVID measures. I don’t think I’d do well at all, tbh. 

That is the perfect name for it! I'd never had it happen before so suddenly and so strongly, but I was immediately like, this is an ill omen. . . .

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Bayarea4 said:

I had a weird Duggar dream last night. It took place in the big house. I was going from room to room looking for a bathroom that wasn't occupied. Finally I found one. I had just sat down when a man dressed in workmen's clothes opened the door and walked in carrying a vase and some red roses. Startled, I cried out "Can't you see someone is in here?" He just ignored me, walked past me and started arranging the flowers in the vase.

I got up and left. Out in the living room, I saw Michelle and decided to lodge a complaint. She gave me a pre-printed form to fill out but seemed unconcerned about what had happened. Meanwhile, I noticed one of the babies hanging onto the side of a sofa and dancing. The kid had moves! He also was beating out a rhythm with miniature drumsticks, and he was quite good.

Then I woke up and went to the bathroom. Thankfully no one was in there arranging flowers. 😊

I gasped when I read your post.  I dreamed about a Duggar last night too! And, I haven't watched a show in a long time.  I dreamed that a Duggar daughter, (seemed to be a combo of Jinger and Joy-anna) was charged with murder!  She was having her trial and I was at the courthouse. Most of her siblings were there.  I went to see some of my friends who were in the courtyard and we hugged, when I realized my friend who I hugged was actually the JUDGE.  (And, she is a judge IRL!).  I work up before I got the verdict.  Before going to bed, I had watched How To Get Away With Murder.  Maybe, that had something to do with it. lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

I got a call last night from my daughter. My 9 yo grandson, who has lived with me off & on half his life, had a seizure. According to my daughter, he was outside playing, complained about having a headache, then said he felt weird, fell down, and started convulsing. He likes to play zombies, so she thought that was what he was doing until he starting foaming at the mouth. 

She said he was convulsing for 15 minutes and unresponsive for almost a half hour, and his blood pressure was 234/82 when he was in the ambulance. But, he was only in the ER for less than an hour and they didn't order any tests other than blood tests (he does not have Covid 19) before sending him home. She is supposed to stop his meds, make sure he drinks a lot of water, stay with him at all times in case he has another one, and get an appointment with a neurologist today. She called this morning and said last night he couldn't remember how to eat with a spoon, so she had to feed him, and any time he tried to walk he would shiver all over. He also had another seizure at 3 am.

A friend of mine who is an EMT said if his seizure was that severe the hospital would not have sent him home so fast. My daughter exaggerates and lies, so it's hard to know what really happened. She also over-medicates the kids to make them be quiet. He is on Vyvanse for ADHD and impulse control, and Clonodine to help him sleep. I looked up the overdose symptoms for Vyvanse and seizures is one of them. When she called this morning she claimed he was still out of it and was just sitting on the couch like a zombie, but I could hear him talking about Minecraft in the background.

I'm sorry this is so long. I only live 2 hours way and if it weren't for this damn pandemic, I'd have been there 1 1/2 hours after the first call. If I could get tested to know for sure I was virus-free, I would head up there and spend the rest of the quarantine time with them to make sure he was being properly cared for. I'm so scared and worried for him. 

Oh my @Nysha, what a helpless and worrisome situation. Since you had custody of your grandson for a time, could you call the hospital to 'verify' the discharge orders? Many then you could get a more accurate picture of what happened.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

I got a call last night from my daughter. My 9 yo grandson, who has lived with me off & on half his life, had a seizure. According to my daughter, he was outside playing, complained about having a headache, then said he felt weird, fell down, and started convulsing. He likes to play zombies, so she thought that was what he was doing until he starting foaming at the mouth. 

She said he was convulsing for 15 minutes and unresponsive for almost a half hour, and his blood pressure was 234/82 when he was in the ambulance. But, he was only in the ER for less than an hour and they didn't order any tests other than blood tests (he does not have Covid 19) before sending him home. She is supposed to stop his meds, make sure he drinks a lot of water, stay with him at all times in case he has another one, and get an appointment with a neurologist today. She called this morning and said last night he couldn't remember how to eat with a spoon, so she had to feed him, and any time he tried to walk he would shiver all over. He also had another seizure at 3 am.

A friend of mine who is an EMT said if his seizure was that severe the hospital would not have sent him home so fast. My daughter exaggerates and lies

I agree with your EMT friend, if he really had a 15 minute tonic clonic seizure, especially if he has no history of them, he would not have been sent home in under an hour.  Most people wouldn’t have recovered enough from the seizure by then.  They also would’ve done a CT, a spinal tap and toxicology to determine if he’d ingested poison and to check levels on his meds.  If there was suspicion about your daughter’s possible involvement, social services should have been called.

I know you’re well aware of the can of worms this can open, but, if you have any concerns at all, call CPS in the county where they live.  If he’s been in the system and you know the name of his social worker, call them.  They  can access the hospital records and see what happened.

if you are not currently his legal guardian, HIPPAA will prevent them from even confirming he was in the ER.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9

I mentioned the other day that my employer contracted with the Amish to make cloth masks for us.  According to the NYT article about it, they are making 120,000.

Here’s a pic of mine.  We’re supposed to take it home and wash it every night, those ties won’t make it.

0CD14D0D-5B56-4E84-8515-26554C6EAF2D.jpeg

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I had to call a prescription in to the pharmacy for Husband today. I did it all on the phone - you know, "please say or enter the prescription number," all via phone, no speaking to anyone. I was fine until they asked when I wanted to pick it up. I went blank. I. Had. No. Idea. What. Day. It. Was. I had to be transferred to a Pharmacist. Just to tell him I wanted to pick up the prescription tomorrow. Because I had no idea what day it was.

I'm glad I'm not the only one this happened to. I did same thing with CVS last week when the little recorded man asked what Date I wanted to p/u med on. I know I could have just quickly checked my phone but like you, I got flustered & drew a blank. I hung up & called back too.  CVS has changed their prompts & I was just waiting to hear the usual "Press 1 to pick up today" or "Press 2 pick up tomorrow" choices. I am not good with change & dislike it. 

I'm having a terrible time this year remembering that Sunday is Easter.  I've been sending cards to my mom at her assisted living during the quarantine. Yesterday I thought it was time to send her another one when a💡went off in my head that I needed to send her her Easter card not just a regular card.  Well she may end up in getting it a day or two late but I'm sure she doesn't care. Her memory is going & she's not good with days & dates anymore. 

I forgot to add this to my post yesterday about wedding postponements.  I saw on Etsy some creative people were making lacy & fancier wedding masks for the brides& wedding parties that are going on with the show. They look kind of creepy to me for some reason. I'm sure it's not the look the bride was going for.

ETA: I'm watching our latest update from Governor Hogan here in Maryland.  He declared the Easter Bunny as an essential worker in Maryland & will be able to deliver his treats as planned. 🐰🥚🍬🐣🌾 (hope the other governors will follow his lead for the rest of you)

Edited by Barb23
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

A friend of mine who is an EMT said if his seizure was that severe the hospital would not have sent him home so fast. My daughter exaggerates and lies, so it's hard to know what really happened. She also over-medicates the kids to make them be quiet. He is on Vyvanse for ADHD and impulse control, and Clonodine to help him sleep. I looked up the overdose symptoms for Vyvanse and seizures is one of them. When she called this morning she claimed he was still out of it and was just sitting on the couch like a zombie, but I could hear him talking about Minecraft in the background.

I'm sorry this is so long. I only live 2 hours way and if it weren't for this damn pandemic, I'd have been there 1 1/2 hours after the first call. If I could get tested to know for sure I was virus-free, I would head up there and spend the rest of the quarantine time with them to make sure he was being properly cared for. I'm so scared and worried for him. 

This sounds very concerning.  I would consult with an attorney in the county where the child lives to get information on the child's rights and the options. (Most attorneys are still doing consults by phone or skype.) In some states, a child can be appointed an attorney to represent their rights, in certain circumstances.  The attorney may also know of other options to investigate to ensure the child's safety.  I feel for you.  My niece has Tuberous Sclerosis Complex, where she has tumors in her brain that cause multiple seizures.  When she was a baby and went to the hospital with seizures, she was transferred to DUKE MED by ambulance, so they could do all tests necessary to diagnose and treat her.  So, having them send him home from ER  like that sounds very odd.  I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

Nysha I am so sorry you are going through this.  My 16 yo daughter had her first tonic clonic seizure in December while at swim practice.  Hers only lasted 30-45 seconds but she was in the water so EMS came and transported her to the hospital.  It took her almost an hour to get back to her normal mental baseline and another hour or two before her gait was back to normal.  While treatment of pediatric seizures is very different than the adult world I work in, we were in the neurologist's office within 48 hours and sent for an MRI and EEG.  I was also told very clearly that if there was a second seizure and especially if it lasted more than 5 minutes, we were to return to the ER.

They would have also checked labs to ensure his sodium levels were within normal limits and that his blood sugar was normal.  Also, unless the ED has gotten their hands on the Abbott rapid COVID tests, he would not have immediate results.  He also would have been a low suspicion patient and I doubt would have qualified for testing.  Sorry for side-eyeing her story, but as a mom who just went through something similar and as an adult ICU nurse, I think there are some holes in the story.

Mostly, I hope your guy is ok and that you can get some answers to ensure his safety and your peace of mind.

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

ETA: I'm watching our latest update from Governor Hogan here in Maryland.  He declared the Easter Bunny as an essential worker in Maryland & will be able to deliver his treats as planned. 🐰🥚🍬🐣🌾 (hope the other governors will follow his lead for the rest of you)

Ha ha, someone tweeted here to the regional police saying that their six-year-old daughter was about to lose a tooth and was really sad because she was sure the police would intercept the tooth fairy and send him home if he tried to come over.  (The tooth fairy here is a male mouse called Perez.)  The police tweeted back that they’d already given the tooth fairy permission to move freely throughout Catalonia, so the parent should reassure their little girl that she had nothing to worry about.  It was really cute. 

Happy Easter and Chag Sameach to all who are celebrating those holidays of resurrection and deliverance.  And congratulations to all the kids who’ve lost a tooth.  

• Love 21
31 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Yesterday I thought it was time to send her another one when a💡went off in my head that I needed to send her her Easter card not just a regular card.  Well she may end up in getting it a day or two late but I'm sure she doesn't care. Her memory is going & she's not good with days & dates anymore. 

If it makes you feel better I managed to send my mother two Easter cards!  Talk about not keeping the date straight. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

I just discovered that it's not my Continuous Glucose monitoring transmitter that's acting up.  Something else, but, I don't know what.  They cost about $1200.00,. so, it's a relief.  I thought of this song.  Such a blessing. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Can you contact CPS? Of course, that assumes they’re even operating right now...

I’m so, so sorry, Nysha. It’s so frustrating to feel so helpless. Big hug.

Calling CPS has never worked before. I've called previously and every single time they've given my daughter enough information to figure out that I was the one who called and then she cuts off contact. That hurts my grandson emotionally because she tells him I don't want to see him. 

She has invited me to come stay with them for the remainder of the quarantine. I'm working at home, so that wouldn't be an issue. I don't really want to risk it, but if this continues, I probably will so I know the kids are safe. If CPS removed the kids, they would either go to a foster home or to me, so it's not any more risk than having them officially removed.

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I am going to spend the rest of the afternoon cleaning my windows. I did the ones in my beauty room (now my home office) and it made such a difference. 

Ooooh, I want to hear about this beauty room. 

• Love 1

I have a niece who is a college math professor. I thought I'd share a couple of her Facebook posts for anyone interested in what some teachers are going through rn.

(she's a snarky, but very caring person, who wants to make sure her students really learn, btw.)

rps20200410_151835.jpg

rps20200410_152009.jpg

rps20200410_152117.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

Ooooh, I want to hear about this beauty room. 

My bedroom is split into two sections. The main section (closest to the rest of the house & the biggest), has my bedroom/nightstand/tv and main closet. The smaller room houses my dresser, off season clothes, accessories and beauty table. I moved my makeup brushes and things around to make room for my external monitor and mouse to WFH. I will take a photo.

@latetotheparty I took photos. 

528DA78B-5044-4C3E-8D21-3162B5A93B3B.jpeg

C1AE5520-0D5F-451A-AB89-BD8C4D6FA5E1.jpeg

• Love 10

A story from my daughter:

She has been taking advantage of having to work from home to try to get started on potty-training Grand-Jynlet, who just turned two about a week ago. 

Apropos of nothing, with no one asking her any questions, she announces, "Mommy poops on the potty and not on the floor!

Well, I suppose at the very least it's a pretty good sentence for her age. The potty training is looking as though it might be a bit more of a trying process.

• LOL 23
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I am going to spend the rest of the afternoon cleaning my windows. I did the ones in my beauty room (now my home office) and it made such a difference. 

You're inspiring me to tackle my home office. As in, tidying up, dusting, and finishing the decluttering/divesting project that's been slowly progressing for a few months now. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I mentioned the other day that my employer contracted with the Amish to make cloth masks for us.  According to the NYT article about it, they are making 120,000.

Here’s a pic of mine.  We’re supposed to take it home and wash it every night, those ties won’t make it.

i read that article about the Amish making masks and gowns.they are making them for Cleveland Clinic. It was so interesting they were so straight forward on "the first mask you make will be your own so you don't contaminate other masks you make"

But that some Amish with ability to sew and all said no if they still had income so that those in their community who had lost the income source could take the jobs first to provide for their families.

Funny mask story - I sent 85 to my DIL monday. she took them to her hospital Wed. Today a hospital mail room courier was dropping them on desk in individual sealed bags. She got a red minnie mouse mask I made. we laughed

minnie mask.jpeg

• Love 16

This is random, but I am cooking dinner right now, and starving. For some reason it made me think of jessa’s interview after she’d been married several months, saying she’d cooked 2-3 times, and they mainly ate yogurt. HA! I surely hope she’s either stepped it up, or Bin has taken over in the kitchen, because I would hate to be stuck in that house, living on yogurt for months. Haha!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

You're a good egg, Nysha. I'm glad your grandson has you looking out for him and I hope you're able to get some answers. 

It was 70 degrees and sunny here today, a nice break from the 16+ straight days of rain we've had lately. My roses are blooming but they are getting some kind of mold or mildew on the leaves from all of the moisture. I scheduled a "conference call" on my work calendar this afternoon and took an hour to enjoy the sun and cut back the giant bushes in the front yard that were threatening to overtake the house. 

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

i read that article about the Amish making masks and gowns.they are making them for Cleveland Clinic. It was so interesting they were so straight forward on "the first mask you make will be your own so you don't contaminate other masks you make"

But that some Amish with ability to sew and all said no if they still had income so that those in their community who had lost the income source could take the jobs first to provide for their families.

Funny mask story - I sent 85 to my DIL monday. she took them to her hospital Wed. Today a hospital mail room courier was dropping them on desk in individual sealed bags. She got a red minnie mouse mask I made. we laughed

minnie mask.jpeg

I ordered an mask from a fav Disney Ear Maker of mine from Etsy, I got a Deathly Hallows print (Harry Potter). 

15 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

This is random, but I am cooking dinner right now, and starving. For some reason it made me think of jessa’s interview after she’d been married several months, saying she’d cooked 2-3 times, and they mainly ate yogurt. HA! I surely hope she’s either stepped it up, or Bin has taken over in the kitchen, because I would hate to be stuck in that house, living on yogurt for months. Haha!

I don’t consider myself a gourmet cook by any means but I like eating too much not to cook. I also think people have different definitions of what “cooking” is. Making scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast, or boiling some tortellini with store bought sauce for lunch isn’t “cooking” to me that’s just “assembly” or “making something”. Taking food in it’s raw form, breaking it down, seasoning it, and putting it with other ingredients modifying them (like in the oven or skillet) counts as “cooking”. 

There are a lot of people who live on yogurt, fruit, processed food/frozen meals. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, doodlebug said:

The group around here is making masks as requested by Grady, Emory and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Not sure about piedmont or Wellstar. CHOA requested 9000 of a certain pattern. Sewists are working very hard for the last few weeks and have only managed about 9000. I don’t know how many Amish are making masks but 120,000 seems impossible.  I streamlined my pattern but to cut out and sew them takes a few minutes. I don’t think anyone has made more then a hundred in a day usually less. So kudos to the Amish women. And wow from your hospital saying it was fully equipped and then needing that many must mean it is full of Covid -19 patients which is very sad for all involved. 

• Love 8
20 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I just discovered that it's not my Continuous Glucose monitoring transmitter that's acting up.  Something else, but, I don't know what.  They cost about $1200.00,. so, it's a relief.  I thought of this song.  Such a blessing. 

I'm glad your glucose monitor is working OK.

"Hallelujah" is one of my all time favorite songs. Check out K.D. Lang's version of it. She puts her all into it & I think hers is the best . She sang it during the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics in Canada as well as for other concerts. I read that Mr. Cohen was in the audience for one performance.  That had to be nerve wracking to say the least. 

18 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

My mother loved to pass the time by cleaning windows. I think she must have cleaned everything made of glass in her house on the day my son was born. 

Another time she was watching my son at my house.   I came home to a sparkling dining room window and chandelier globes. (I think it was the first time anyone had tackled the globes & her hard work was greatly appreciated.) 

Changing subjects to the Covid 19 virus. I hope everyone stays sheltered in their own houses this weekend as the officials have reminded us to. Easter is not a reason to break the rules.  I know there are plenty of people that think a quick visit to Grandma or other relative or small Easter egg hunt would be fine.  It's not so just stay put!

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

"Hallelujah" is one of my all time favorite songs. Check out K.D. Lang's version of it. She puts her all into it & I think hers is the best . She sang it during the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics in Canada as well as for other concerts. I read that Mr. Cohen was in the audience for one performance.  That had to be nerve wracking to say the least. 

I absolutely agree that kd lang’s version of “Hallelujah” is the best and I would go further to say she is the best voice of her generation. If you ever have the opportunity to see her live you should go. She’s is magnificent. 

• Love 11
22 hours ago, doodlebug said:

https://www.xpagear.com/Sublimated-Antimicrobial-Face-Mask-in-Teal-Navy_p_2840.html

I ordered two of these masks, in black, a week ago, and received them yesterday.  They are extremely well made, sturdy, soft and washable.  They are made in Colorado by a family business that specializes in sewing wrestling singlets!  The fabric is 90% polyester and 10% spandex.  Treated with Microbloc, anti-microbial. And Maxdri, moisture management.  Double layered. 

I paid $38 for two masks and that includes $9.90 for shipping.

I had no idea the business was christian, but the inner lining of each mask has a bible verse!!!

1 Peter 5:7

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you".  !!!

When I ordered them, they only sewed the masks in black, but now I'm seeing some real cool colors!

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

I ordered masks from third party sellers on Amazon and Walmart. Received nothing yet, I feel ripped off. 

Only fast food places open by me and I don’t want that. I cook at home now. No grocery delivery slots open either. I go to the store and hope I don’t get sick. 

My friend and her family are all sick at home. She is the only one who got a test. She says it’s the most horrible she ever felt in her life. 

Stay well everyone .

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I ordered an mask from a fav Disney Ear Maker of mine from Etsy, I got a Deathly Hallows print (Harry Potter). 

I don’t consider myself a gourmet cook by any means but I like eating too much not to cook. I also think people have different definitions of what “cooking” is. Making scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast, or boiling some tortellini with store bought sauce for lunch isn’t “cooking” to me that’s just “assembly” or “making something”. Taking food in it’s raw form, breaking it down, seasoning it, and putting it with other ingredients modifying them (like in the oven or skillet) counts as “cooking”. 

There are a lot of people who live on yogurt, fruit, processed food/frozen meals. 

I hear ya, but can you *ever* see Jessa taking food in its raw form, seasoning it, and putting other ingredients with it and modifying them? Especially newlywed Jessa? Plus when the Duggars dump a couple cans of soup and some cheese in a crock pot, they consider it the most magnificent gourmet meal ever. It seems like Bin *has* probably taken over, which is a good thing for everybody. He seems to know how to cook decent, healthy food, and knows it’s either that or starving. But can you imagine marrying one of these girls? You go into it thinking they’re Susie Homemaker, and then they likely can’t even scramble an egg (as we saw Bin making eggs while Jessa curled her hair). More power to them for letting Bin do a “womanly” chore, though!

• Love 8

I got a homemade mask from a batch donated to my library, and I have an order in for more from a local restaurant owner I know. I've seen her handiwork, and she makes good-quality ones. (Some of the other homemade masks I've seen make me think of the mask scene in Django Unchained. :/) 

She has a bit of a backlog, but I want the masks because I know they are good and also because I'd like to support her because I love her restaurant, and I know she and her family have really taken a hit with having to close their doors. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I hear ya, but can you *ever* see Jessa taking food in its raw form, seasoning it, and putting other ingredients with it and modifying them? Especially newlywed Jessa? Plus when the Duggars dump a couple cans of soup and some cheese in a crock pot, they consider it the most magnificent gourmet meal ever. It seems like Bin *has* probably taken over, which is a good thing for everybody. He seems to know how to cook decent, healthy food, and knows it’s either that or starving. But can you imagine marrying one of these girls? You go into it thinking they’re Susie Homemaker, and then they likely can’t even scramble an egg (as we saw Bin making eggs while Jessa curled her hair). More power to them for letting Bin do a “womanly” chore, though!

Nope! And I’m amazed for a family so into traditional gender roles NONE of the older girls are particularly skilled in any of them. It makes sense some would be better at sewing, others at cooking, others preferring to clean or decorate etc, but they don’t do any of those things. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I got masks today sent by my sister. One is red cherries on a black background, one is assorted chili peppers on navy blue, and one is Star Wars fabric (she knows me well).

Speaking of eggs, I watched a clip of Gordon Ramsay yesterday who said that one of the tests he gives to potential new hires is making scrambled eggs, as most people do them wrong. I have to say his looked pretty tasty. Maybe I’ll go make me some ...

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I ordered masks from third party sellers on Amazon and Walmart. Received nothing yet, I feel ripped off. 

Only fast food places open by me and I don’t want that. I cook at home now. No grocery delivery slots open either. I go to the store and hope I don’t get sick. 

My friend and her family are all sick at home. She is the only one who got a test. She says it’s the most horrible she ever felt in her life. 

Stay well everyone .

Have you tried making a mask? There are a lot of tutorials online and the patterns are fairly simple. You can use an old pillowcase or blouse and a needle and thread. It might help to distract you as well.

I feel anxious when any of us leave our home. So when we have to, I make sure we are proactive in protecting ourselves. Corona is very contagious, but even more contagious when no mitigating precautions have been taken. Since stores, businesses and towns/cities are taking precautions our chances of contracting it are reduced and our behaviors can reduce them even more.

Hopeful and well wishes for your friend and her family.

Hang in there, we are going to be hunkered down for a while, but not forever.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 7