Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

We've all been hearing about wearing face masks when out in public, not so much to protect ourselves as to prevent spreading the virus to others since it seems there are a significant amount of people who are asymptomatic but infectious.  I started making some masks, since I like to sew (one of the things I like about surgery); but it is, quite frankly, boring.

The CDC website has instructions on how to make no-sew masks that are simple to do.  All you need is a bandanna (or similar sized fabric), a coffee filter and 2 rubber band or hair elastics.  Easy, peasy.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html

I've been trying my hand at sewing some masks but have screwed up each one. I mean, they work, they're just not "perfect". As in one part the wrong side of the fabric ends up showing. What I liked about the pattern is it had a way to put in filters if you could find something. I do have some flannel but not a lot, so I tried a coffee filter and thought to myself that it was the most ridiculous thing because that won't work. Glad to hear it might! 

Edited by frenchtoast
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I’m actually enjoying some of the candid, impromptu comedy shows. I particularly liked Jimmy Fallon’s segments with his kids and also those wife his wife. She described how they met and got engaged. He was walking by her side and remained silent. It was really cute. I think some of these shows might be better without an audience. lol

i had a dream about a snake last night. I looked up the meaning.....fear. No big surprise there.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

i had a dream about a snake last night. I looked up the meaning.....fear. No big surprise there.

And I dreamed about a dead rat 2 nights in a row!  And look:

"Dreaming about a dead rat may mean you're overwhelmed or frightful about a situation in your real life."

Guess I'm kinda textbook in my dreamlife!

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Wait - even elastic is hard to find now? We are on more trouble that I thought.

yes - nowhere around me has 1/8" elastic for pickup or shipping.

I am in Michigan. on a wait list from a place in tennessee that they say might be 2 months.

I searched lots of options online and found things unavailable until I accidentally hit on the elastic neck cords. they came from Oregon.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm having to resist a real melt down.  I'm about as angry as I've been in my life.   With a state and county shelter in place ORDER  in place. my 18 old nephew shows up to visit with my senior parents, who are NOT going out AT ALL!!!!!!!!!  He has been TOLD and Warned.   I wish he would be charged and fined!  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm having to resist a real melt down.  I'm about as angry as I've been in my life.   With a state and county shelter in place ORDER  in place. my 18 old nephew shows up to visit with my senior parents, who are NOT going out AT ALL!!!!!!!!!  He has been TOLD and Warned.   I wish he would be charged and fined!  

I must know: what was he thinking?

• Love 3

I don't know.  I called his dad and told him about it.  His dad has been warning him about all the places he's been going, socializing.....etc.  I'm very upset.  When he came in, I said why are you here and when he went to HUG me, I ran to the other part of the house.  I've seething and wondering what to do. I've made up signs to put on the doors that say, WE ARE SHELTERING IN PLACE, PLEASE CALL, BUT, DO NOT ENTER.   Too late right now.  

I really hate it, because he's normally a very sweet, kind, loving young man.  No issues at all, except this lets me know that he is very ignorant and DANGEROUS.  I'm not sure what else I can do, because, my parents are not going to turn him from the door.  I may have to tell them, that I can't care for them anymore and return to my house. (They'll have to get their own groceries, medication, etc. that I HAVE BEEN DOING for them!)   We were saving my place in case someone gets sick.  I'm DONE though.  

3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

i saw on fb that you take an ace bandage and cut strips in 1/8 or so strips , cutting the same direction as the elastic in it.  they say it works well.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I am a quilter too - I’ve made us masks - there are a zillion patterns. I have a lot of elastic and like them better but medical professionals like the ties.  One son asked for ties. His will go in mail tomorrow. He is not a medical professional 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, frenchtoast said:

I've been trying my hand at sewing some masks but have screwed up each one. I mean, they work, they're just not "perfect". As in one part the wrong side of the fabric ends up showing. What I liked about the pattern is it had a way to put in filters if you could find something. I do have some flannel but not a lot, so I tried a coffee filter and thought to myself that it was the most ridiculous thing because that won't work. Glad to hear it might! 

My DIL made masks for me, DH and my brother and SIL.  She bought shop towels that we can insert. Here's where she got the idea. She said the towels are re-washable twice.

https://www.businessinsider.com/homemade-mask-using-hydro-knit-shop-towel-filters-better-2020-4

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

I thought I'd pick up a small package of rubber bands to try a no-sew mask, but at the supermarket this morning they were sold out (they usually have small packages of rubber bands in their small-ish area of office supplies). I forgot to look for hair elastics but I have heard they are sold out too. (ETA: the no sew mask I'm looking at uses shop towels and doesn't involve folding a piece of fabric a dozen times.)

I had a little meltdown about masks yesterday.  I don't sew and I intentionally didn't even try to buy any kind of mask because I'm healthy and I read all the conventional wisdom that they were wasted on healthy people. So I decided to leave those resources for those who really needed them. And now we're being told to wear them. Oh-kay. I get it, I really do, and I'm trying to be a good citizen here.

I'm fairly phobia-free, thank goodness, but I have a low tolerance for things covering my nose and mouth. I'd like to have a mask that effectively covers my mouth and nose without being smothering or swathing a lot more area than necessary. For instance, that  "easy peasy" one , immortalized in all those videos, where you fold a piece of fabric and use rubber bands. By the time that's made, you have folded the fabric a LOT, and you must have, what, a dozen layers of fabric over your nose and mouth? The thought of putting that thick pad on my face makes me want to gag; I truly don't think I could tolerate having that bulky and heavy thing over my nose and mouth. One of our news anchors held one up on camera this morning; it was repulsive to me. He thought it was cool. 

For the moment my mask is a neck gaiter that I pull up to cover my nose and mouth. It's not a heavy wool one and I've been able to tolerate it for long enough to grocery shop and move around our condo building outside my unit. I have ordered a couple of fabric masks off Etsy that look good, effective, and well designed, but have no clue if they will ever be actually shipped. 

Oh, and I have two neck gaiters, actually, to use as masks if nothing better appears. I'm glad I washed them last night. This afternoon my washing machine, on the final spin cycle of a load, made a bunch of loud, banging, something-inside-is-breaking noises, and quit spinning. As the song goes, you picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille. 😧

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yep, there's nowhere online where you can get it shipped before the middle of May and, at least here in Cleveland, all of the stores that usually carry it don't have any and don't know when they will get it.

For those looking for a substitute for elastic or ties, you can try making some T shirt yarn from an old T shirt.  It's stretchy and washes well.

https://www.ehow.com/13722948/how-to-make-t-shirt-yarn

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't know.  I called his dad and told him about it.  His dad has been warning him about all the places he's been going, socializing.....etc.  I'm very upset.  When he came in, I said why are you here and when he went to HUG me, I ran to the other part of the house.  I've seething and wondering what to do. I've made up signs to put on the doors that say, WE ARE SHELTERING IN PLACE, PLEASE CALL, BUT, DO NOT ENTER.   Too late right now.  

I really hate it, because he's normally a very sweet, kind, loving young man.  No issues at all, except this lets me know that he is very ignorant and DANGEROUS.  I'm not sure what else I can do, because, my parents are not going to turn him from the door.  I may have to tell them, that I can't care for them anymore and return to my house. (They'll have to get their own groceries, medication, etc. that I HAVE BEEN DOING for them!)   We were saving my place in case someone gets sick.  I'm DONE though.  

SunnyBebe, I'm so sorry that this happened! You have been doing all the right things and this is a real setback for the way you've been so carefully caring for your parents.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, beckie said:

When my hubby and I start to get on each other's nerves one of us goes to the bedroom and one to the living room. It's worked so far.

We do the same, only one of us gets the living room (comfy couch and gas fireplace), and the other goes to the den (comfy couch and TV). We rotate as needed!

We are also cooking great dinners every afternoon and taking turns, too.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, louannems said:

We do the same, only one of us gets the living room (comfy couch and gas fireplace), and the other goes to the den (comfy couch and TV). We rotate as needed!

We are also cooking great dinners every afternoon and taking turns, too.

We have a pretty good size house (around 3000 sq ft), so there's enough room for Mr Jyn and me to find our own space. He's generally in his library, and I have an area in the master bedroom set up with a desk and stuff to do bills as well, so we tend to spend a decent amount of time on our respective computers. And he sleeps in the back bedroom most of the time anyway since, as I've mentioned, I love to sleep with the windows open and the fan going full blast, whereas he prefers to sleep where he can take advantage of whatever residual heat comes up from downstairs, and wants no moving air on him at all. I do all the cooking unless he is making either chili or Indian food, which I don't have a knack for. There is also a lot of yard work to be done right now, so that keeps us busy. 

I do have to mention how bothered I was when I had to go get my mom (she has been living alone, and not seeing anyone at all, but we bring her here for weekends since she really can't deal with everything she has to do all by herself. It's a slight deviation from the rule, but we all still do everything we can to avoid the possibility of spreading any potential infection any further. So far, so good....Anyway, there's this one small town between her place and ours which has an outdoor burger place with has been a local landmark forever (they are celebrating their 100th anniversary this year). It's really big with motorcyclists, but also with just about anyone. I drove by it today, right behind a group of 10 motorcycles which pilled into the parking lot, and there must have been at least 30 to 40 other people milling around in front of the shack waiting for their orders. percbed on benches and picnic tables, not even remotely maintaining a six foot distance. There were maybe two or three people wearing masks. I may not be perfect, but at least I keep my social interaction to a quick trip to the grocery store - which, actually,, Mr Jyn has been doing for the most part anyway since he gets up a lot earlier than I tend to, so goes to the early morning senior hours

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I drove by it today, right behind a group of 10 motorcycles which pilled into the parking lot, and there must have been at least 30 to 40 other people milling around in front of the shack waiting for their orders. percbed on benches and picnic tables, not even remotely maintaining a six foot distance

We picked up Chinese today and we saw people wait until the person came out and then went in to get theirs. And many were wearing masks. One gentleman tried to hold the door and the other waved him off and the door holder stepped waaay back to get the 6 feet. I noticed some people trying to keep their distance in the grocery store but not everyone was following that and it was dang frustrating. (And then my mind plays tricks and makes me think I'm sick. Ugh. I know why but still---keep your distance people!!)

While I was waiting in the van, 3 or 4 police cars, lights flashing, an ambulance and a fire engine parked right across the street. After a minute or so, a police officer came up and the window was locked so I cracked the door and he stepped back and asked if I could move the van down the street to make room. (Which I of course did) We left before we could figure out what the heck was going on. It's our favorite place and they were surprisingly busy but I'm glad about that because we love that place and want them to be able to reopen when we finally get to that point.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

We have a pretty good size house (around 3000 sq ft), so there's enough room for Mr Jyn and me to find our own space. He's generally in his library, and I have an area in the master bedroom set up with a desk and stuff to do bills as well, so we tend to spend a decent amount of time on our respective computers. And he sleeps in the back bedroom most of the time anyway since, as I've mentioned, I love to sleep with the windows open and the fan going full blast, whereas he prefers to sleep where he can take advantage of whatever residual heat comes up from downstairs, and wants no moving air on him at all. I do all the cooking unless he is making either chili or Indian food, which I don't have a knack for. There is also a lot of yard work to be done right now, so that keeps us busy. 

I do have to mention how bothered I was when I had to go get my mom (she has been living alone, and not seeing anyone at all, but we bring her here for weekends since she really can't deal with everything she has to do all by herself. It's a slight deviation from the rule, but we all still do everything we can to avoid the possibility of spreading any potential infection any further. So far, so good....Anyway, there's this one small town between her place and ours which has an outdoor burger place with has been a local landmark forever (they are celebrating their 100th anniversary this year). It's really big with motorcyclists, but also with just about anyone. I drove by it today, right behind a group of 10 motorcycles which pilled into the parking lot, and there must have been at least 30 to 40 other people milling around in front of the shack waiting for their orders. percbed on benches and picnic tables, not even remotely maintaining a six foot distance. There were maybe two or three people wearing masks. I may not be perfect, but at least I keep my social interaction to a quick trip to the grocery store - which, actually,, Mr Jyn has been doing for the most part anyway since he gets up a lot earlier than I tend to, so goes to the early morning senior hours

My brother texted me a picture of a similar scene in a nearby community today. Parking lot full of people waiting to get food, all bunched together, few masks, talking, socializing, etc. I’m really not sure what it will take for these people to get it.  Large fines? They are creating life/death risks for everyone. I wish I knew the answer.  I think it stems from an attitude that many people have that rules don’t apply to them AND a mind in denial.

• Love 3

We have been making all sorts of themed meals, and today we made Thanksgiving dinner. Husband spent hours outside smoking a turkey. I made my grandmother’s cornbread dressing, which requires starting it at least a day ahead of time. I made collards and rolls. We had an idyllic afternoon UNTIL....

My daughter has a lingering cold, and she starts coughing. Then she starts really hamming it up. No sooner had the words, “stop or you will make yourself throw up” leave my mouth when...dunt dunt duhhhh...she vomits all over the table. And then I think it so surprised her/scared her/disgusted her, that she repeatedly heaved. It was a MESS! I had to throw away everything. No leftovers!!!!! (A la A Christmas Story)

(edited)

Marshmellow Mollie, that’s so sad. Sorry, she’s sick and that you lost the food. I hope she gets better.  I might let her stick with soup for a while.  I want to add that recently when I was sick with a cold and terrible cough. Every time that I ate chicken even chicken soup, I started coughing. I then read online that poultry triggers coughing. I’ll try to find link.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

This makes me mad. Please report the hamburger place. Things are bad enough as it is. 

• Love 1

My nicest (of 3) brothers went to Mom's house again yesterday. He brought his wife and neither wore masks. They did groceries for Mom, which meant getting a list and coming back from the store. Mom can do instacart and says she would "in an emergency"!  A pandemic is an emergency, Mom!  She told me that they stayed 6+ feet away and that she was "protected" by a scarf she was wearing. She doesn't understand how contagious this is. She thinks I'm overdoing when I tell her how we're sanitizing our groceries. I will not be surprised if my brother and his wife will kill Mom and possibly my brother who lives with her too. I'm resigned to it and I will not go there. I'm being ostracized by my bossy oldest sister for our precautions, but I can live with that. I can't live with carrying this disease to others. The next 2 weeks are predicted to be living hell for Americans. I'm enjoying daily conversations with my Mom for as long as I can. She wants to make it to 90, which would be in October. I hope she does!

• Love 6

@BetyBee I'm sorry that your mom and brother are at risk from the numbskullery of others and I think you're right to just keep your physical distance right now. 

As I mentioned above, I've figured out how to wear a neck gaiter as a mask and I'm hoping the fabric masks I ordered from Etsy will actually arrive one of these days. As I also mentioned, I've been staying home in my condo - where my washing machine noisily broke yesterday.

I didn't mention that at least I have the option of using the coin op washing machines in our building's laundry room. The upside: that lets me postpone the complications of trying to get the machine fixed, or replaced, during this pandemic. The downsides: exposure to other people's cooties, and dammit they sort of expect you to wear pants and things when you go to the laundry room. Bummer.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
(edited)

Jeeves, you made me both laugh and worry about you with your post about laundry and pants wearing! I'm sorry that your washer broke 😞  

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I don't think elastic is a much used & needed item like it was back in the day.  I'm talking about the use at home kind, bought at Joanne's  or a craft store. More people sewed or at least mended items way back when so there was more of it than there is today.  I wouldn't call my mom a seamstress but she did have an old sewing machine that she could repair seams & we could use for crafts and home ec projects.  But her sewing basket was well stocked with all kinds of elastic in all shapes and sizes. (It also contained many other items like buttons, mending tape,  pins & sewing needles  and of course, rick rack. (I'm showing my age, lol.) This was because her generation was a society that repaired things instead of tossing them out.  So elastic is just one of the items that will have a surge because of Covid and I'm sure will drop to a more normal level  when the pandemic is over. 

@ChiCricket, that cake is something & must have taken some time to make. I'm assuming it was homemade because the writing on the cake matches that on the note. Those Covid items are perfect & I'm sure your son & DIL will never forget this anniversary. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 9
(edited)
18 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Yep, there's nowhere online where you can get it shipped before the middle of May and, at least here in Cleveland, all of the stores that usually carry it don't have any and don't know when they will get it.

For those looking for a substitute for elastic or ties, you can try making some T shirt yarn from an old T shirt.  It's stretchy and washes well.

https://www.ehow.com/13722948/how-to-make-t-shirt-yarn

Well it’s all a just-in-time world. Toyota invented it, but the particular just-in-time world we live is cheap and nasty one created by consultants with MBAs. There’s no elastic because there was no forecast for a drastic increase in demand, and so the consultants eliminated spare capacity and they also fired all the in house workers who had the legacy and technical knowledge. ”elastacon” can’t produce more, and they couldn’t if they tried.

Edited by kokapetl
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I talked by phone with a relative in Oklahoma. You know, that super red state where the governor famously posted on social media when he took his family out to a crowded restaurant after social distancing was a thing (and an order in some places). One county there (not where my relatives live) has a population of about 6500 - and 25 confirmed COVID 19 cases, with three deaths. So far.

My relative said it was down to a preacher. He presided over the funeral of a minister in OKC, then traveled to that small county and held a revival. And visited with people. Now I don't present that as gospel, but my relative is pretty well connected and I give the story credence. Needless to say my relative has been following the dictates of her kids and grandkids and has stayed the heck home for three weeks now. There are health care workers - including RNs - among her kids/grandkids and they aren't playing around with this stuff. They have brought her food and all, but kept physical distancing in place. She may have thought it was overreacting at first, but I think that very rural county becoming a hotspot so dramatically in the past few days, has shaken a lot of people. My relatives are mostly very devout Southern Baptists, but not fundies, and I've been very glad that they haven't been doing crazy science-ignoring sh*t. 

In local news, after a phone consult with my trusted appliance repair folks, it seems that my washing machine is DOA. What's almost certainly wrong with it, is so serious that repairing it would be so expensive I might as well replace it. And I did kind of get my money's worth; it's 10 to 12 years old, I forget exactly and am too lazy to go hunt up the receipts. I'm not up for appliance shopping/delivery etc. right now so am hoping our condo laundry room machines are working okay to get me through this mess. At least I have a good dryer. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 12
(edited)
5 hours ago, BetyBee said:

My nicest (of 3) brothers went to Mom's house again yesterday. He brought his wife and neither wore masks. They did groceries for Mom, which meant getting a list and coming back from the store. Mom can do instacart and says she would "in an emergency"!  A pandemic is an emergency, Mom!  She told me that they stayed 6+ feet away and that she was "protected" by a scarf she was wearing. She doesn't understand how contagious this is. She thinks I'm overdoing when I tell her how we're sanitizing our groceries. I will not be surprised if my brother and his wife will kill Mom and possibly my brother who lives with her too. I'm resigned to it and I will not go there. I'm being ostracized by my bossy oldest sister for our precautions, but I can live with that. I can't live with carrying this disease to others. The next 2 weeks are predicted to be living hell for Americans. I'm enjoying daily conversations with my Mom for as long as I can. She wants to make it to 90, which would be in October. I hope she does!

I get it. I have something similar going on.  I have to let it go though, because, if not, I'm going to have high blood pressure. 

I had a 3 way facetime with two of my BEST friends last night!!! OMG, it was so nice. We all traveled to the Keys back in Jan to celebrate my birthday.  OH, the carefree, fun days, just a short time ago.  We had NO idea what was lurking.  Just talking lifted my spirits.  We are all feeling much the same and dealing with it in very similar ways. So good to know my friends have my back.  Plus, you guys here are super great too.  I'm very fortunate. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

In local news, after a phone consult with my trusted appliance repair folks, it seems that my washing machine is DOA. What's almost certainly wrong with it, is so serious that repairing it would be so expensive I might as well replace it. And I did kind of get my money's worth; it's 10 to 12 years old, I forget exactly and am too lazy to go hunt up the receipts. I'm not up for appliance shopping/delivery etc. right now so am hoping our condo laundry room machines are working okay to get me through this mess. At least I have a good dryer. 

Please remember to wear pants! LOL!

• LOL 10

What's almost certainly wrong with it, is so serious that repairing it would be so expensive I might as well replace it. And I did kind of get my money's worth; it's 10 to 12 years old

That's a pretty good run! I managed to kill my washing machine after just 8 years--I was trying to wash a throw pillow and it somehow got caught on the underside of the lid and the constant spinning ripped it open and cotton batting got into every crevice and part available. When I opened the lid, it looked like a cotton explosion. It would have cost more and taken longer to fix it than to get my new one. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I slept 13½ hours last night! I only woke up then because my husband came upstairs and woke me up in a panic thinking I had croaked. 😁

I woke up with the worst headache, and runny nose..so of course, I immediately thought..I'm a goner..I've got the "rona"😱 ...then I turned on the TV...

I'm such a drama queen..it's spring.....it's allergies.

rps20200406_173528.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

I hear ya, @ChiCricket. I get allergic reactions this time of year, as far as I know it's triggered by trees. A few weeks ago it was bad but now it's calmed down. Good luck with it.

Just because they are looking so pretty today and they cheer me up and maybe someone else would enjoy them, I'm sharing this pic of the flowers I bought at the supermarket yesterday. 

tulips1.thumb.jpg.034a5f897bd221c9b8a3126c64df34d7.jpg

• Love 22

My allergies are raging--especially since I didn't get in to get my steroid shots or have a chance to talk to my doc about new allergies before the corona shit hit the fan. Every morning, I'm like, "AM I DYING OF CORONAVIRUS?" But I'm not. I just have terrible allergies. LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

For those who want to make masks and can't find the elastic in the standard places, try bungee cords.  Each cord is full of individual elastics that can work.  They might be easier to find too.
image.thumb.png.433d18331f085142d2bee7f2162a629d.png

Edited by sixlets
I'm still working my way through the English language.
  • Useful 13
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

In local news, after a phone consult with my trusted appliance repair folks, it seems that my washing machine is DOA. What's almost certainly wrong with it, is so serious that repairing it would be so expensive I might as well replace it.

I feel your pain. My oven died last week and repairman said replacing it would be better. But the stove top still works, so I’m going to try to hold out until the Memorial Day sales. I cooked my son’s frozen pizza on my gas grill. It turned out great! 

• Love 8
(edited)
On 4/4/2020 at 12:58 PM, kaleidoscope said:

Oh, how I would love to see Hamilton released!

A little late and you'll have to wait a little longer, but do I have news for you.

Ignore the 8 minutes ago, I took a screenshot back when it was announced in February. The plan isn't to release it until October 2021, but it's coming. 

2D978187-5D1B-4597-8E8B-756B6E02F783.jpeg

Edited by McManda
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wow, I thought she had posted more recently. I too hope she's okay.

I thought she just hadn't posted since this weekend, and that made me a little worried. But then when I checked her profile and saw the amount of time that had passed, I can't deny that freaked me out a bit. Like @SunnyBeBe said, hopefully she's just taking a break or something. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Tomorrow morning is my nephew's wake and then funeral. Only 10 people can attend in person, so they are going to zoom it for everyone else. Only those 10 people can even enter the cemetery , so they are also going to try and zoom from the graveside.😟

Also my gate-agent daughter goes back to work tomorrow after being off for her kid's spring break. Now they're letting them wear masks. She made one from the scarf from her uniform. I just have to  hope it keeps her safe. (she also said she got an email from work that they're stopping flights to Hawaii after today until further notice.)

Ps. My daughter's co-worker just sent her this picture. My daughter sent this to us, and said: "Wow! The concourse is usually packed on a Monday morning!"

Screenshot_20200406-232224.jpg

received_2586070001719861.jpeg

Screenshot_20200406-232224.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, sixlets said:

For those who want to make masks and can't find the elastic in the standard places, try bungee cords.  Each cord is full of individual elastics that can work.  They might be easier to find too.
image.thumb.png.433d18331f085142d2bee7f2162a629d.png

Chiming in to say the group here making masks for local hospitals has said this elastic deteriorated quickly in the washing/sanitizing process hospitals use but okay for home use. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 2