Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

The rain finally stopped for a few days and it's warm enough to open a door and window so I don't feel nearly as penned in.  Plans are being made for reopening the state, but it looks like at risk people will be the last to be told it's OK to go out.  We expected that, but it's going to be so liberating when it's safe to go to a store and shop again.  I may not feel fully safe until we have an effective vaccine.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 14

My husband found this in the garage while organizing today (because he's bored out of his mind because all the resale shops he frequents are closed.)

His garage is a treasure trove of  "valuable" crap oddities he has collected.

He asked me where in the house he could hang it. 🙄

I then reminded him that he has a man cave for just this reason. 🤣😂

rps20200414_185600.jpg

• LOL 23

out of sheer boredom and some necessity i went shopping in the blair catalog today.  i ordered a whole new spring/summer wardrobe! its been years since i have shopped for new clothes so its a good thing. and what a fun way to kill time! its also affordable in this catalog. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, zoomama said:

out of sheer boredom and some necessity i went shopping in the blair catalog today.  i ordered a whole new spring/summer wardrobe! its been years since i have shopped for new clothes so its a good thing. and what a fun way to kill time! its also affordable in this catalog. 

Good for you!  I'll have to check that catalog out.  I did that last November/December at Kohls since I had to buy a nice outfit for my grandmother's wake and with working from home I have zip in the dress clothes department.  When you hit their holiday sales at the end of the year with the big percentages and getting a couple of super nice cashiers who would let me have multiple scratch off coupon codes I made out big time for myself, mini and mister.  It was nice to splash out on myself and the other inmates here, I try and treat myself every paycheck to a dvd or some boho earrings off of Etsy, just something.  Nothing expensive, just little and fun and it's a day brightener to get a package.  I ordered some really cool film noir poster postcards that I'm going to then send to some of my movie group buddies and put on my desk cork boards.

I have to laugh because at my job there's a few of us that have worked from home for a long while (I being one of the longest) and in all the time I have (at least ten years) the myth around the office is that we home peeps have some sort of  mystical freedom going on.  Yes, no one sees me but I do get up, take a shower, wash the hair, get the coffee going.  There's no bonbons, our time is occupied, because if I was sitting doing a crapload of nothing  I'd blow the opportunity to work from home.  I can only think of three or four times when I didn't get dressed and that was due to one oversleeping incident and the others were illness.  The last online work meeting I attended since the Illinois stay at home order I even joked that 'yes I have clothes on' and there were a couple of other attendees who were seriously surprised that I wouldn't be in pj's all day.  

Edited by CherryMalotte
can't spell to save my life....
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

My husband found this in the garage while organizing today (because he's bored out of his mind because all the resale shops he frequents are closed.)

His garage is a treasure trove of  "valuable" crap oddities he has collected.

He asked me where in the house he could hang it. 🙄

I then reminded him that he has a man cave for just this reason. 🤣😂

rps20200414_185600.jpg

I love that clock.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I've worked from home for 5 years now. I get a lot more done without the stress of people around me, making small talk. I like my coworkers just fine, but in small doses 😊 

I'm nowhere near as dedicated as @CherryMalotte! I stay in pjs or lounge clothes all day. I usually shower during my lunch, but we don't do video conferencing for my job so I stay in comfy clothes until I need to leave the house (which these days is never). 

• Love 9

It’s snowing. SNOWING. I wouldn’t mind winter if it didn’t last 500yrs. December-Feb okay, but here it’s winter like weather until MAY for Pete’s sake. See!!!

But winter never took my house away so let me be quiet. 

image.jpeg

• Love 12
18 hours ago, CherryMalotte said:

I'm so sorry about your mom  BetyBee, please keep us updated.  Is this the brother that doesn't work and lives at home?  Can he function without your mom around?      

Thank you Prayer Closet peeps, for all of your kind words! They really help. I think my brother will cope until Mom returns. I felt sorry for him - he must have been embarrassed when the paramedics asked him if he wanted to follow them to the hospital and he had to reply that he didn't have a car (or a license!). When Mom's time comes, what to do with him will be a problem, but now is not that time. She is having a partial hip replacement this afternoon. I talked to her yesterday and she sounded really good. She was very clear on when it happened, not as sure how it happened, but she turned back in the kitchen for something and just collapsed. She really did not want to go to the hospital, but she told me that she realized that she wasn't going to get out of this one easily! She's not too concerned about surgery. She is a 20 year colon cancer survivor. But she's worried about being in the hospital and rehab during this pandemic. And rightly so. I just pray that she recovers quickly and gets back home safely. 

Today is also our darling, 8 year old grandson's birthday!  We're having a virtual Zoom party for him. I hope the technology cooperates. We sent him a skateboard, but snow shoes might have been a better choice, lol. We only have a dusting but they probably have more up North. Anyway, I want to color a card to hold up for him. I love him so much! How I would love to hug him! And Mom!

• Love 22
9 hours ago, CherryMalotte said:

Yes, no one sees me but I do get up, take a shower, wash the hair, get the coffee going.  . . .   I can only think of three or four times when I didn't get dressed and that was due to one oversleeping incident and the others were illness. 

1 hour ago, Jenniferbug said:

I've worked from home for 5 years now. I get a lot more done without the stress of people around me, making small talk. I like my coworkers just fine, but in small doses 😊 

I'm nowhere near as dedicated as @CherryMalotte! I stay in pjs or lounge clothes all day. I usually shower during my lunch, but we don't do video conferencing for my job so I stay in comfy clothes until I need to leave the house (which these days is never). 

I'm somewhere in between you when it comes to working at home routines. I shower and dress every day, but it's not always before I log on and start working. I've learned that I feel better and have a nicer day if I'm clean and dressed, so there's that. 

I'm retired from my so-called career, but for the last few years I've worked pretty often on temporary assignments. I'm on yet another assignment at a local tech company and I'm always happy to work for them; great people and corporate culture. And, a tech company - at least this one - rocks the equipment necessary to work at home. 

@Scarlett45 - My view on Monday was similar to yours. Snow. And record low temps. It's warmed up a bit. But. More precip including snow is coming, starting tonight. As you said, the snow didn't take our homes away. Or even cause a power outage. 

Yesterday my work hours were short. My replacement washer and were delivered and set up and the old ones (including the dead washer) hauled away. That involved my removing two shelving units from the small utility room so the guys could get in there and do their thing. My aging bod is aching from the hauling, fetching, and carrying involved. One of the "shelving units" is actually five separate wooden pieces, so it has to be disassembled and reassembled. But it's all done. I got everything back in place. 

Masks. I ordered a couple from someone on Etsy. They are white cloth and washable and well made But I have a wide face and big head, and the elastic that goes behind my ears, pulls tight and isn't comfortable. I've improvised by using this hat clip that I have, to connect the elastics at the back of my head, and wear the elastic under my ears, but the fit isn't good. Today on the news I saw a story about a local tie company that's started making masks, so I splurged and ordered a couple from them. I'll wash and dry my current masks and pass them along to someone else, after my new ones arrive. 

Hair. Mine's a mess. #firstworldproblem. Sigh.

ETA, @BetyBee, thanks for the update on your mom. I'm glad she seems to be facing the surgery in good spirits. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

@BetyBee I cannot recall- is your brother disabled with your Mom as is guardian?

No, he is able bodied, just chooses not to work. Mom enjoys his company and cooking for him. But the tables have turned and he's been called upon to help her and do the cooking. He is kind to her, so at this point we're glad he's there. But she should have at least encouraged him to work 10 years ago. Babying him like that has not been in his best interests. He's very bright and quick-witted. He had dreams once of being a writer. He's also an excellent house painter, but as I said, chooses not to work. I would say there is probably some mental illness at this point. He doesn't like to leave the house.

Edited by BetyBee
  • Useful 11
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, BetyBee said:

No, he is able bodied, just chooses not to work. Mom enjoys his company and cooking for him. But the tables have turned and he's been called upon to help her and do the cooking. He is kind to her, so at this point we're glad he's there. But she should have at least encouraged him to work 10 years ago. Babying him like that has not been in his best interests. He's very bright and quick-witted. He had dreams once of being a writer. He's also an excellent house painter, but as I said, chooses not to work. I would say there is probably some mental illness at this point. He doesn't like to leave the house.

Okay. Sounds like he’s clinically depressed if he doesn’t have a physical or mental disability and just wants to live off of Mom. Does he have any friends/peers? I don’t want anything to happen to him emotionally/physically while your Mom is recovering. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I know so many families who have a brother/sister who never left home or worked. 

Speedy recovery to your mom.

• Love 4
Just now, Scarlett45 said:

Okay. Sounds like he’s clinically depressed if he doesn’t have a physical or mental disability and just wants to live off of Mom. Does he have any friends/peers? I don’t want anything to happen to him emotionally/physically while your Mom is recovering. 

He just has us, no friends other than on Facebook. None of them know his true life circumstances. My brother, who lives close to Mom, has offered to get him whatever he needs. They probably get along the best. We all thanked him for taking care of Mom during this latest emergency and recently, as she has struggled. This is her second fall this year. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I know so many families who have a brother/sister who never left home or worked. 

Speedy recovery to your mom.

Coming from the family I come from you have no idea how many people my mom insulted over the years when hearing these stories assumed the child had a severe mental disability and tried to bond over the shared experience. 

“Oh your son/daughter is “the r word?” (before the word was determined to be offensive) “So is mine! I know how hard it is! Can they speak? Are they toilet trained? How do you find good caregivers?” Etc etc etc

She finally stopped doing that about 15yrs ago. My sister is 32.

My poor Mommy looking for similarly situated parents. The internet support groups were in their infancy in the 90s. 

It’s funny but not funny. 

• Love 2

I get up and get dressed too. Now I can finally deal with the ugly red inflammation on my face so I have prescription cream on my face most of the morning and evening. It seems to be working. I wasn't able to do it regularly before because it makes your skin susceptible to sunburn and I could never get the timing right to put sunscreen on over top. The inflammation is mostly gone but I still have 15 more days to hope it fully clears up. 

There's a rumor floating around that universities won't be fully in person until 2022. The students are flipping out. I really wish the media would think before putting out these pieces. I'm still waiting to hear if I'm teaching this summer (joy) but on top of everything else I have to do for work, I'm not sure I can deal with the headaches and frustrations of online courses. I gave the students options on how they wanted to complete the course nearly a month ago. It took several emails to get them to fill out a form that takes 30 seconds. I was supposed to have the list of students who wanted a final finalized yesterday. Nope, still have 20% in la la land. At this point I'm assuming they want to write a final exam and will set them up accordingly. As much as my employer is "Get the grades to us whenever", I do have a full time job on top of all of this that I need to focus on. 

I'm mystified. I would have jumped on the opportunity not to write a final immediately. I would have smashed the computer key so hard I would have broke the computer. No exam and taking my grade as is??? As Jill Dillard would say "Yay!!!".

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Oh I had a “friend “ tell me that adult children who live with their parents are losers... Umm she and her teenage kid still living with her parents and she maybe worked 2 years total since her kid was born. Her parents aren’t rich either. 

This comment came because she got a new job in a senior center and sees a lot of adult kids still living at home.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Oh I had a “friend “ tell me that adult children who live with their parents are losers... Umm she and her teenage kid still living with her parents and she maybe worked 2 years total since her kid was born. Her parents aren’t rich either. 

This comment came because she got a new job in a senior center and sees a lot of adult kids still living at home.

In many cultures it’s common for multiple generations to live together, but that’s different than MOOCHING. The younger people still have jobs, and contribute to the domestic and Caregiving duties of the household while paying proper respect and consideration to the needs of everyone (especially the elders). 

If I see an adult person living with their parents without a job, and who isn’t a full time caregiver to someone who needs one, then yes I assume the person is disabled or suffering from some kind of illness before I assume they are lazy.

Then I assume they are lazy and just don’t want to work much. 

• Love 6

@BetyBee I hope your Mom’s surgery was a success and she can get out of the hospital ASAP. Most go to a rehab to get their physical therapy. I hope she works extra hard and flies the coop out of there fast too. I worry so much as illnesses in these places spread like wildfire. 
   The kitties and I are fine. The Drs office is only seeing healthy patients now, so I had to go yesterday to have a car appointment/screening. They were worried about testing me for Covid because I was in NYC last month. I assured her that the only thing wrong with me is my seasonal allergies which are bad this year so I was given 5 days of prednisone. I also had to change from Claritin to Allegra. I think the former had stopped working so well for me. They also did a flu nasal swab. All from the comfort of my car. I passed muster so now I get to go in May 4th for blood work and a normal appointment. I just wonder where they would have rerouted me had I not been well enough to come in for my regular appointment. Hmm...In the meantime I’ll have to pay for two office visits this month instead of one. They’re expensive. 

Stay safe everyone and be well. My love and prayers for all. 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, zoomama said:

Blair is one of my favorites. I've been getting a lot of catalogs from them lately but have been tossing them. We received our Federal Covid payments so I may have to splurge & treat myself to something new. 

@BetyBee, so sorry to hear about your mom's fall. It is bad to have happen anytime but like you said, she didn't need this now.  I will be praying for a successful surgery & quick recovery. 

• Love 7

I see every day what others are going through, so, I really feel fortunate.  I'm trying to count my blessings and hang in there.  I've been texting and emailing with friends and family.  

Please think of my brother this Friday.  He HAS to have out patient surgery....I know. He's freaking out, but, if he doesn't, his gallbladder could get worse. He's a young man too.  Only 45!  Anyway, I'm taking him. I guess, I'll have to wait in my car.  I'm not allowed in the hospital and I don't want to go in either. So, I'm taking a book to read, lunch and coffee. Only question is where will I go to use the bathroom!  Any suggestions? I'm not even going into grocery stores any more.  It's about a 20 minute drive from my house, so, it's not very feasible to drive home to use the toilet.(Oh, I was surprised to hear that the night he went into the ER about a week ago, due to extreme pain from his gallbladder, there were NO OTHER patients in the ER!  It's a small hospital, but, still!  He was the only patient, so, he got all the attention, tests, and was in and out in only 2 hours!)

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I see every day what others are going through, so, I really feel fortunate.  I'm trying to count my blessings and hang in there.  I've been texting and emailing with friends and family.  

Please think of my brother this Friday.  He HAS to have out patient surgery....I know. He's freaking out, but, if he doesn't, his gallbladder could get worse. He's a young man too.  Only 45!  Anyway, I'm taking him. I guess, I'll have to wait in my car.  I'm not allowed in the hospital and I don't want to go in either. So, I'm taking a book to read, lunch and coffee. Only question is where will I go to use the bathroom!  Any suggestions? I'm not even going into grocery stores any more.  It's about a 20 minute drive from my house, so, it's not very feasible to drive home to use the toilet.(Oh, I was surprised to hear that the night he went into the ER about a week ago, due to extreme pain from his gallbladder, there were NO OTHER patients in the ER!  It's a small hospital, but, still!  He was the only patient, so, he got all the attention, tests, and was in and out in only 2 hours!)

Although the hospital doesn't allow visitors, they will probably allow you to use a public restroom there if you need one.  Just go in and ask whoever is manning the door.   Quite frankly, with the lack of visitor traffic, reduced patient numbers, obsessive cleaning crews and people there being able to access PPE; the hospital restrooms are more likely to be safe than ones in the grocery store or WalMart.

His surgery and recovery should also take a number of hours, 4-6 at minimum.  You could drop him off, go home and then return to pick him up.  You can leave a number so the surgeon can call with an update at the end of the procedure and the recovery unit nurses will be happy to call and give you a heads up when he is nearing ready to be released.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 11
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Thank you Prayer Closet peeps, for all of your kind words! They really help. I think my brother will cope until Mom returns. I felt sorry for him - he must have been embarrassed when the paramedics asked him if he wanted to follow them to the hospital and he had to reply that he didn't have a car (or a license!). When Mom's time comes, what to do with him will be a problem, but now is not that time. She is having a partial hip replacement this afternoon. I talked to her yesterday and she sounded really good. She was very clear on when it happened, not as sure how it happened, but she turned back in the kitchen for something and just collapsed.

That's a common scenario, probably her bones are very brittle and just doing something like turning at a strange angle was enough to cause her hip to break.  People say they fall and break their hip, but, really, they break their hip and THEN fall.  I had a hip replacement about 10 years ago, but for long term arthritis in the joint, not an acute injury.  Went great, minimal pain.  Much easier than a knee, which I've also had.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It’s snowing. SNOWING. I wouldn’t mind winter if it didn’t last 500yrs. December-Feb okay, but here it’s winter like weather until MAY for Pete’s sake. See!!!

Today, in my city in FL, it’s 86 degrees with a “feels like temperature “ of 94 degrees.

4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Masks. I ordered a couple from someone on Etsy. They are white cloth and washable and well made But I have a wide face and big head, and the elastic that goes behind my ears, pulls tight and isn't comfortable. I've improvised by using this hat clip that I have, to connect the elastics at the back of my head, and wear the elastic under my ears, but the fit isn't good. Today on the news I saw a story about a local tie company that's started making masks, so I splurged and ordered a couple from them. I'll wash and dry my current masks and pass them along to someone else, after my new ones arrive. 

Hair. Mine's a mess. #firstworldproblem. Sigh.

ETA, @BetyBee, thanks for the update on your mom. I'm glad she seems to be facing the surgery in good spirits. 

Another option for masks is to take a cloth head band and sew buttons on the sides just above your ears.  You can then loop the elastic over the buttons instead of your ears.  A bunch of the nurses on L&D did this because the elastic was giving them irritation/rashes behind their ears.

They even sell them on Amazon

masks.jpg

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 9
  • Love 4

@doodlebug, that's cool.

Sadly, not workable for the masks I have. The problem is that the elastics are so short that they barely go behind my ears, where they fit so tightly that they actually pull my ears forward which not only looks funny, it's quite uncomfortable. No way would they stretch all the way to a headband/button thing. Oh well, as I said, I'm making do as best I can.

Just now, Jeeves said:

@doodlebug, that's cool.

Sadly, not workable for the masks I have. The problem is that the elastics are so short that they barely go behind my ears, where they fit so tightly that they actually pull my ears forward which not only looks funny, it's quite uncomfortable. No way would they stretch all the way to a headband/button thing. Oh well, as I said, I'm making do as best I can.

Can you loop rubber bands through the elastic and put those over your ears to widen it?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
Just now, doodlebug said:

Can you loop rubber bands through the elastic and put those over your ears to widen it?

I tried that but it didn't work either. IIRC it made the ear loops too long so it all flopped loose. My solution, as I said, was to clip the elastics together behind my head, which allows me to wear the mask but the fit isn't very good. 

36 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Although the hospital doesn't allow visitors, they will probably allow you to use a public restroom there if you need one.  Just go in and ask whoever is manning the door.   Quite frankly, with the lack of visitor traffic, reduced patient numbers, obsessive cleaning crews and people there being able to access PPE; the hospital restrooms are more likely to be safe than ones in the grocery store or WalMart.

His surgery and recovery should also take a number of hours, 4-6 at minimum.  You could drop him off, go home and then return to pick him up.  You can leave a number so the surgeon can call with an update at the end of the procedure and the recovery unit nurses will be happy to call and give you a heads up when he is nearing ready to be released.

I hope they'll allow me to do that.  It would work out better.  It's just that before for out patient procedures, I've been told that as the driver, you can't leave the premises. They provide you a pager device to let you know when they are in recovery, but, it only goes so far in distance. But, I'll inquire about it.  If not, I'll have to use their facilities.  I have my mask, gloves and can of Lysol, so, I'm ready.  I've started spraying my shoes when I get out of the car and leaving them near the door.   

I saw footage of some country that is combating the virus and they were disinfecting the streets with large trucks that sprayed out a large amount of cleaning solution.  Do other cities do this?  Does this mean the virus is on the streets and sidewalks? I thought it mainly lived in the human's body.  ??

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

That's a common scenario, probably her bones are very brittle and just doing something like turning at a strange angle was enough to cause her hip to break.  People say they fall and break their hip, but, really, they break their hip and THEN fall.  I had a hip replacement about 10 years ago, but for long term arthritis in the joint, not an acute injury.  Went great, minimal pain.  Much easier than a knee, which I've also had.

This is what happened to my mom a few years ago.  She was standing at the kitchen counter, and then she was on the ground.  Her hip just broke.  (She was 89 at the time). She recovered extremely well.  Her hip recovery was much, much easier than my knee!

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I hope they'll allow me to do that.  It would work out better.  It's just that before for out patient procedures, I've been told that as the driver, you can't leave the premises. They provide you a pager device to let you know when they are in recovery, but, it only goes so far in distance. But, I'll inquire about it.  If not, I'll have to use their facilities.  I have my mask, gloves and can of Lysol, so, I'm ready.  I've started spraying my shoes when I get out of the car and leaving them near the door.   

I saw footage of some country that is combating the virus and they were disinfecting the streets with large trucks that sprayed out a large amount of cleaning solution.  Do other cities do this?  Does this mean the virus is on the streets and sidewalks? I thought it mainly lived in the human's body.  ??

The rules may have changed due to the current restrictions on visitors in the hospital.  Call the hospital and ask; they'll be happy to let you know how they've adapted to the crisis.  I suspect they'll be more than happy to give you a call rather than a  pager.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Dang it, I wish I could remember which network I was watching yesterday when I saw a story about this. It showed crews spraying down outdoor surfaces, and IIRC the commentary was that such spraying was likely of marginal use against the virus. Obviously, generally washing down streets and sidewalks is a good sanitary practice since it means less dirt/debris to get kicked into the air or stuck on shoes or touched. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

This is what happened to my mom a few years ago.  She was standing at the kitchen counter, and then she was on the ground.  Her hip just broke.  (She was 89 at the time). She recovered extremely well.  Her hip recovery was much, much easier than my knee!

That is exactly my Mom's age and is so encouraging to hear! Thank you, CalicoKitty!

• Love 3

The same thing happened to my grandmother twice. She was just standing one minute and then down on the ground with a broken hip the next (she eventually had both replaced). If I recall, she was only in the hospital for a few days and then did out patient PT after that.

We had a family joke after her second break--she said if she broke another one, she was just going to shoot herself. And apparently I popped off with "well, you better leave the gun on the ground so you can reach it". I was pretty young at the time and don't remember saying this, but it's a family story now. We have some pretty dark humor when it comes to medical stuff in my family. 

• LOL 16

@SunnyBeBe-Mr. Six had his gallbladder removed back in 2007 laparoscopically.  We had to be at the hospital by 600am for pre-op, and his surgeon told me it should be about 90 minutes, but he would come to the waiting room to fill me in.  Imagine my surprise when he comes in 45 minutes later.  My mind went to the worst!  He said it went exceptionally well and they already had him on his way to recovery.  He was discharged, and we were home by noon (we live about 15 minutes or so from the hospital).  I was told that I didn't have to stay in one area, but I couldn't leave the hospital, and they wouldn't even register him until they verified I was driving him home.  They wanted my ID and license plate number.   He had a fairly easy recovery for the most part.  The only truly last effect was a numbness in one of the incisions.  It said it was odd, but after the initial healing, it wasn't painful.  Best wishes to both of you!!

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, sixlets said:

@SunnyBeBe-Mr. Six had his gallbladder removed back in 2007 laparoscopically.  We had to be at the hospital by 600am for pre-op, and his surgeon told me it should be about 90 minutes, but he would come to the waiting room to fill me in.  Imagine my surprise when he comes in 45 minutes later.  My mind went to the worst!  He said it went exceptionally well and they already had him on his way to recovery.  He was discharged, and we were home by noon (we live about 15 minutes or so from the hospital).  I was told that I didn't have to stay in one area, but I couldn't leave the hospital, and they wouldn't even register him until they verified I was driving him home.  They wanted my ID and license plate number.   He had a fairly easy recovery for the most part.  The only truly last effect was a numbness in one of the incisions.  It said it was odd, but after the initial healing, it wasn't painful.  Best wishes to both of you!!

Oh, my....that is good news.  I hope it goes that smoothly.  Thanks for sharing. 

• Love 5
On 4/14/2020 at 5:50 AM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I always knew I liked you! I am vegetarian (largely vegan) and pursuing a second career in biotech. I take microbiology this summer!

Let me know if you need any advice (not sure how useful I could be but it was my field for decades). Feel free to shoot me a PM!

Thinking of all of you with family members having surgeries. 

• Love 3
On 4/14/2020 at 9:59 AM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

And you’re one episode in? You have no idea the amount of crazy that is to come.  Be prepared to be simultaneously sucked in, squicked out and highly entertained.  It was awesome!

Aaaaand he told me today that he doesn't want to watch any more episodes.

:::::   sigh  ::::::

I asked him why, and he said it gave him a "weird dream." 

He ALWAYS has weird dreams.

Stinky old geezer poopy-head party pooper! 🤣

(I'll have to go find the forum for it now)

I swear, this man has the attention span of a goldfish.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Aaaaand he told me today that he doesn't want to watch any more episodes.

:::::   sigh  ::::::

I asked him why, and he said it gave him a "weird dream." 

He ALWAYS has weird dreams.

Stinky old geezer poopy-head party pooper! 🤣

(I'll have to go find the forum for it now)

I swear, this man has the attention span of a goldfish.

Can you watch it without him? 😉

Scarlett pointed me toward the thread for it here. Pretty good conversation going on over there, though there be spoilers. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

And there is more snow in the forecast. I cannot. 

I know. It's snowing right now here. Supposed to keep snowing all day. The Colorado refrain is "well, we need the moisture," which is true. 

• Love 4

New England is getting snow as well. Considering these crazy times I long, even more than usual, for some consistent sunny and warm weather.

My goal is to somehow make a welcoming living room type space in our backyard.

• Love 4

I'm the opposite.  On the sunny, seasonally decent days I get very anxious.  Because of my husband's health issues,  we are taking things seriously. So I can't get some of the items I need for my yard, though I may look into Home Depot delivery.  It is still too soon for bedding plants, though will the nurseries be open?  Lots of questions flood my mind.

Though the worst part is we can't go on a day trip anywhere.  There are no youth baseball games. We are stuck home.  I sort of wish it was still the dreary dead of winter.

1 hour ago, fonfereksglen said:

Though the worst part is we can't go on a day trip anywhere.  There are no youth baseball games. We are stuck home.  I sort of wish it was still the dreary dead of winter.

Pack a picnic and go find a scenic overlook. You don’t have to leave the car. I may have a beach picnic tomorrow. Just crack my window and listen to the waves. You may not have the ocean near by , but even going near a forest to hear birds might be nice. 

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Pack a picnic and go find a scenic overlook. You don’t have to leave the car. I may have a beach picnic tomorrow. Just crack my window and listen to the waves. You may not have the ocean near by , but even going near a forest to hear birds might be nice. 

Can you get near the beach in Southeastern North Carolina?  I ask because the Outer Banks, Beaufort, Atlantic Beach, and I think Emerald Isle are all closed to visitors.  I would love to take a drive and at least walk on a beach.  

• Love 3