Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CrazyTrain said:

Can someone please DM me the alternative sites? Thank you :)

Me too, please.  Thanks so much.

I also came here from TWOP and have been here 10 years.  There have been very few days where I haven't checked in at least once on the shows I watch.  Re the Duggars, I've seen almost all the episodes, so it was fun to check out each person's thread to see what was going on in their lives.  Keeping my fingers crossed that the Duggar threads won't be deleted. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, P2C2E said:

Look I'll be blunt, this type of moderation comes off as abusive. It's very, you know what you did wrong and if you do it again there will be consequences. Meanwhile, we have no idea what we did wrong. Was it a few posters?

I think it’s abusive, too. How can anything be improved when no one knows what they’ve done wrong?

• Like 13
  • Applause 9
On 3/20/2024 at 8:37 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

After a week in the hospital with no clear diagnosis, my MIL has come home under hospice. They think it's just a matter of days now. ❤️

So sorry for you and your family. been there, done that and it is tough

i meant to reply with a hug but the seas are a bit brisk right now and I hit the Wong emoji..

Thinking of you  

• Like 6
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, CrazyTrain said:

Can someone please DM me the alternative sites? Thank you :)

I would also appreciate any of this information. So could someone please be kind enough to DM me as well? 

• Like 6

Could someone please DM me the alternatives as well?  I’ve been around since TWOP days and don’t want to lose this group!  One of the rare places on the internet with intelligent discussions and lots of laughs. I hate what’s happening. I have no interest in forums devoid of snark 🥱

• Like 19

I feel like I am asking myself to the party without benefit of invitation, but could someone please DM me with alternative sites for meeting? I rarely post but I do read this forum with great regularity. The sense of togetherness and support has been very important especially during the past summer. To be able to leave the "real world" for a few minutes everyday, enjoy the snark, worry about others and enjoy this community means the world.

💞💞💞

• Like 12
  • Love 7

May I please get the site list as well?  Of course, I come here for the gossip and the snark, but I also found a sense of community where I could just be myself.  And, that is priceless.

• Like 7
  • Love 4
(edited)

Wasn't the point of TWOP (and this site) as being places for snark? I realize snark isn't for everyone,  but I think we've been pretty respectful and not nearly as snark as we could be.

I hope they don't close it down like they did the Royals thread. Just there, little to no explanation and not letting us react.

If anybody is interested in discussing the Royals, I might know of a place. DM me if you're interested. 

Edited by beckie
  • Like 14
(edited)

hunger games volunteer GIF

Ok, am I the only one who wants to know who is sharing new places by dm? 

I see the above posts and I'm not sure if someone else already DMed the above posters already, and I'm not even sure if I'd be sharing all the correct places anyway. 

I guess I'll just volunteer to do it,if that's ok with everyone? 

And then you guys could share the places with other posters if you want.

(Ugh my brain hurts)🤪

Ps dm me if you want if know of other places, and I'll make a list to DM to people who are asking.

Ps why are they (possibly) ruining this place?😭

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Like 13
  • Hugs 3

I'm sending DMs to everyone who asked.

But I'm being told I have to take more time between each message I send. 

So,  I'll get to everyone little by little.

• Like 7
  • Hugs 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I’m in the North Sea watching the news on the TV in my stateroom. I hope everyone here from Boston is safe and sound. The bridge collapse looks terrifying.  We have two days at sea heading for Narvik. So far it has been smooth sailing.

• Like 18
  • Hugs 1
13 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I'm sending DMs to everyone who asked.

But I'm being told I have to take more time between each message I send. 

So,  I'll get to everyone little by little.

Go ahead and add me to that as well. Thank you!

• Like 2
On 3/20/2024 at 3:37 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

After a week in the hospital with no clear diagnosis, my MIL has come home under hospice. They think it's just a matter of days now. ❤️

I am so sorry. Sending comfort to your family. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
On 3/18/2024 at 11:35 PM, CalicoKitty said:

I'm leaving Wednesday for the Arctic.  Packing for 20-30 degree weather is proving difficult, but I think I will make it.  I'm going to have to take a separate smallish bag just for my heavy boots and warm shoes.  I don't think I am overpacking, but everything is just bulky.  Anyway, this supposed to be a good year for viewing the Northern Lights (lots of sun spots, or something like that), so I hope I get some good views.  And I hope I don't freeze.  I love Norway, and have never been there in the cold weather, so this will be a new experience for me.  If anything happens here, please let me know where to show up.  I don't want to lose my friends!!

Enjoy your trip and travel safely. What an experience. 

• Like 6
16 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I’m in the North Sea watching the news on the TV in my stateroom. I hope everyone here from Boston is safe and sound. The bridge collapse looks terrifying.  We have two days at sea heading for Narvik. So far it has been smooth sailing.

It’s been a pretty scary day in the Baltimore area 😞

• Hugs 10
  • Sad 3
19 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Do you mean Baltimore?

(edited)

Hi, can you please DM me as well?  I'm honestly horrified that this could be shut down.  I'm a looong-time lurker here, but reading these posts has been a source of entertainment (and, in a weird way, comfort) for me for so long. *sigh*

Edited by VioletNevermind
  • Like 8
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I saw the video. Looked like a movie scene. May they rest in peace.

Thank goodness, at least, that it took place in the middle of the night, and not at a rush hour, or even normal traffic time of day. My older son lives just outside Baltimore, and crosses that bridge regularly. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 11