Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

@SunnyBeBe - my goodness, life is complex for sure. I'm so sorry about your friend's situation. I know you'd love to be able to make it all better with the wave of a magic wand. But you're hanging in and being supportive, which is a priceless gift to your friend.

About your weight loss and fitness program - WOWZER. Thanks for sharing that. It's helping inspire and motivate me as I'm dealing with a few relevant things I'd rather not talk a lot about right now. You've clearly put a lot of effort into improving your health, and I applaud you big time for it!!

Thanks a lot! I wish you much success on your journey.  We never know what others are dealing with.  

With my Type I diabetes, i really have to stay diligent.  Oh, which reminds me. I started using my new Medtronic 780 g insulin pump last week!  It has much promise to keep my blood sugar in control. It’s an upgrade from my old model.  A little rocky start, but getting there.   I have so much to be thankful for.  

• Like 18
  • Hugs 1

i went to bed early with a headache, got up for coffee and cereal and then returned to sleep for 1.5 more hours before getting ready for church. i am still tired this afternoon! i cant seem to get enough sleep ever.

have we decided for sure where we will meet up on april 2 if this forum disappears?

• Like 5
  • Hugs 5
  • Useful 1

Does anyone else here suffer from vertigo? I've had it for years, to varying different degrees,  but the attack I had this week was by far the worst, and still hasn't totally straightened itself out. 

My old Dr was awesome with helping me try to figure out what worked for treating, or at least managing it. My new Dr doesn't seem too concerned.  I'm frustrated because I work in a factory and it's not safe for me to be there, but I can't afford to not work. 

I'm going to try to get an appointment with my Dr this week and see if he will finally take it seriously and maybe have some other suggestions. Fingers crossed. 

• Hugs 17
11 minutes ago, beckie said:

Does anyone else here suffer from vertigo? I've had it for years, to varying different degrees,  but the attack I had this week was by far the worst, and still hasn't totally straightened itself out. 

My old Dr was awesome with helping me try to figure out what worked for treating, or at least managing it. My new Dr doesn't seem too concerned.  I'm frustrated because I work in a factory and it's not safe for me to be there, but I can't afford to not work. 

I'm going to try to get an appointment with my Dr this week and see if he will finally take it seriously and maybe have some other suggestions. Fingers crossed. 

I do not have vertigo but have heard people say that physical therapists can help, sometimes in just one visit by showing you some exercises that help realign the crystals in your ear, or something like that. Someone who knows better can correct me. I think you might find examples or information online.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, beckie said:

I've had vertigo off and on for a few years and have figured out that when I get really stressed, it gets bad (it started when my dad was dying).  In 2020 I went to the doctor and he recommended one visit with a physical therapist to show me some exercises for benign paroxysmal  positional vertigo. But about a week later the world shut down, so I googled some exercises.  There are some on YouTube and it helps.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Like 7
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 5
3 hours ago, zoomama said:

i went to bed early with a headache, got up for coffee and cereal and then returned to sleep for 1.5 more hours before getting ready for church. i am still tired this afternoon! i cant seem to get enough sleep ever.

have we decided for sure where we will meet up on april 2 if this forum disappears?

U till the entire forum shuts down I will be in Chit Chat.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I've had vertigo off and on for a few years and have figured out that when I get really stressed, it gets bad (it started when my dad was dying).  In 2020 I went to the doctor and he recommended one visit with a physical therapist to show me some exercises for benign paroxysmal  positional vertigo. But about a week later the world shut down, so I googled some exercises.  There are some on YouTube and it helps.  

I deal with dizziness from stress, and things like my stomach issues. I had vertigo for a month, last April, and in the past, like May 2020. When I'm dealing with it, I feel the slightest amount of stress, and the room spins. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 7
3 hours ago, zoomama said:

Chit chat or reddit 

• Like 4
On 3/9/2024 at 10:01 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Thanks a lot! I wish you much success on your journey.  We never know what others are dealing with.  

With my Type I diabetes, i really have to stay diligent.  Oh, which reminds me. I started using my new Medtronic 780 g insulin pump last week!  It has much promise to keep my blood sugar in control. It’s an upgrade from my old model.  A little rocky start, but getting there.   I have so much to be thankful for.  

I am not diabetic - but PCOS ( although diabetes runs heavily through family) I do watch two guys on insta...one the insulin resistant guy - who eats and then tracks it on his glucose monitor - and then data driven fasting- his wife is diabetes 1...I find them both very interesting as far as how which foods increase insulin...

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

I am not diabetic - but PCOS ( although diabetes runs heavily through family) I do watch two guys on insta...one the insulin resistant guy - who eats and then tracks it on his glucose monitor - and then data driven fasting- his wife is diabetes 1...I find them both very interesting as far as how which foods increase insulin...

I’ll check them out. I’ve learned so much from the global diabetes community.  I don’t think I have insulin resistance.  My pump/cgm is supposed to monitor my blood sugar level (displays the number) and gives me the right amount of insulin every 5 minutes, as it senses I need it. It backs off, if I go too low.  It beeps to alert me if going too high or too low, as well.  I do bolus extra insulin for food. My former pump had some of these features.  It just takes a while for the pump to adjust to my system so its algorithm can be applied.  I’m excited.  This could make a huge difference in the lives of so many people.  

I hope you are doing ok with your health issue.  Managing a chronic health condition can be stressful.  I suspect that’s one reason I enjoy realty tv and other mindless entertainment. Lol. 

• Like 8
17 hours ago, beckie said:

Have you ever had a head CT or MRI?  I hate to sound scary, but a head CT after a bad session of vertigo is how they discovered my brain tumor.  Apparently, lots of people have non-cancerous tumors that grow over many years, and are not discovered until something doesn't feel right and they have a CT scan.  See what your doctor thinks.  Good luck.

• Like 5
  • Useful 5
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ll check them out. I’ve learned so much from the global diabetes community.  I don’t think I have insulin resistance.  My pump/cgm is supposed to monitor my blood sugar level (displays the number) and gives me the right amount of insulin every 5 minutes, as it senses I need it. It backs off, if I go too low.  It beeps to alert me if going too high or too low, as well.  I do bolus extra insulin for food. My former pump had some of these features.  It just takes a while for the pump to adjust to my system so its algorithm can be applied.  I’m excited.  This could make a huge difference in the lives of so many people.  

I hope you are doing ok with your health issue.  Managing a chronic health condition can be stressful.  I suspect that’s one reason I enjoy realty tv and other mindless entertainment. Lol. 

I am doing well...pcos is a frustrating thing to deal with..but manageable...I think the guys name is Marty with Data driven fasting..and his wife is type 1 and has an insulin pump....so there should be good info there...

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Have you ever had a head CT or MRI?  I hate to sound scary, but a head CT after a bad session of vertigo is how they discovered my brain tumor.  Apparently, lots of people have non-cancerous tumors that grow over many years, and are not discovered until something doesn't feel right and they have a CT scan.  See what your doctor thinks.  Good luck.

I've had both, but I guess it couldn't hurt to have them again. If, I can get my new Dr to take it seriously.  

• Hugs 6

@beckie, I get severe bouts of vertigo and I have found the exercises for benign paroxysmal  positional vertigo very helpful. Also google exercises for vertigo. They are very easy to do. I do them when I have vertigo, but also every few weeks, hopefully preventing the attacks. Good luck!

• Like 5
19 hours ago, Love2dance said:

@beckie, I get severe bouts of vertigo and I have found the exercises for benign paroxysmal  positional vertigo very helpful. Also google exercises for vertigo. They are very easy to do. I do them when I have vertigo, but also every few weeks, hopefully preventing the attacks. Good luck!

Thank you.  I'll try that.

• Like 4
19 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I second this recommendation. I've had one severe bout of vertigo and numerous much easier ones. For me, the Epley maneuver is somewhat helpful but the half-somersault maneuver is much more helpful. There are numerous videos to show how to do it. Best of luck--vertigo is awful!

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

@Scarlett45 Welcome home, but I’m sorry you already have to deal with illness. I’m in awe of how much you do and handle, but I’m glad you are willing to enlist a bit of an extra support system. You are the glue that holds everything together. 

• Like 14
Just now, Mindthinkr said:

@Scarlett45 Welcome home, but I’m sorry you already have to deal with illness. I’m in awe of how much you do and handle, but I’m glad you are willing to enlist a bit of an extra support system. You are the glue that holds everything together. 

M NEVER takes days off, she is a human being too, I am thankful I had the extra PTO and could take the half days to handle it, but it would be nice if things would calm down for a hot min. I leave for vacation again in May (Scotland), and trust I will be looking forward to that. 

Unrelated- I sent my very first kit off to ThredUp, I had a gazillion graphic tees that were hugely too big (my BFFs aunt loves to buy people clothes, she is sweet, but I dont need 20 xxl graphic tees), and if everything sells I will make $20 after fees. I think this spring I will do one last clean out of clothing that doesnt fit and my closet should be streamlined with summer and winter things. I was able to sell my nice items (formal dresses etc) on Poshmark, but it wasnt worth it for graphic tees you can pick up at Five Below.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Hi, all.  I've been away from Primetimer for a few months with a health issue that took away all joy.  It sucked!  But things are slowly turning around and I'm back! 😀

Are we allowed to talk about the Red Alert Warning that the Counting forum has been given?  I don't want to put the forum at further risk either by talking about it, or by doing something that breaks the new rules, if there are any?  How are we expected to elevate the conversation, exactly?  (I've read back a few pages, but it will take me awhile to catch up).

@oliviabenson filled me in a little bit, but I'm still confused.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

• Like 7
  • Hugs 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Hi, all.  I've been away from Primetimer for a few months with a health issue that took away all joy.  It sucked!  But things are slowly turning around and I'm back! 😀

Are we allowed to talk about the Red Alert Warning that the Counting forum has been given?  I don't want to put the forum at further risk either by talking about it, or by doing something that breaks the new rules, if there are any?  How are we expected to elevate the conversation, exactly?  (I've read back a few pages, but it will take me awhile to catch up).

@oliviabenson filled me in a little bit, but I'm still confused.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Hope you are fully recovered! Welcome back!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I had attacks of vertigo about ten years ago. It was horrible. The dizziness and the discomfort were disabling. I read about the maneuvers you can do to relieve vertigo, and tried them ... and the vertigo went away and never came back! I remember feeling pretty foolish doing these strange maneuvers, but OMG they worked. I hope some of you find relief this way.

• Like 7
  • Useful 3

Happy Anniversary @ChiCricket. You and your husband were so cute! (I am sure you are still very cute😃) I am glad you have had so many happy years together and a beautiful family. 

Shallow bus- do you still have your veil? Its gorgeous. I could see your daughters, granddaughters wanting to be married in it. 

Unrelated- have any of you all got sucked into the "WTF Did I Marry?" with Reesa Tessa? She went viral over President's Day weekend (mid February) on Tik Tok, and many Youtube content creators I follow who do TLC Reality TV show reactions have reacted to it. The reactions have been as good as the story!

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
On 3/13/2024 at 12:23 PM, Love2dance said:

I agree, @jcbrown, the half summersault maneuver is very helpful for vertigo. Check it out too, @beckie, and other sufferers. https://dizziness-and-balance.com/BPPV/Foster.pdf  Hope it helps.

This kind of movement causes vertigo for me. I tried a yoga class last year and I had to stop in the middle and just lie down. When the class was over I went home and had to lie down for a long time after till the inner ear fluids stabilized. 

• Hugs 2
  • Sad 5
7 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

This kind of movement causes vertigo for me. I tried a yoga class last year and I had to stop in the middle and just lie down. When the class was over I went home and had to lie down for a long time after till the inner ear fluids stabilized. 

So sorry to hear this @EtheltoTillie. That had to be scary!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone else had their screen look strange?  Mine is now slightly over have the screen size, and none of the settings have been changed.  It is the same on other sites, also.  I don't know what happened or how to fix it.

• Applause 2