Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Who will play? Lets fill this jar. Using the first letter of your screen name, post something about Primetimer and/or the Counting On forum that you are grateful for. 

I'll start. I'm grateful for all the GENEROUS support from all the posters.

image.png.e9539d6918dcd4052c9c4fb329ea4c67.png

I'm grateful for the CONVIVIAL friends I've made here.. especially the COMPASSIONATE ones who made me feel like this a place for shy Chi (me) to get up the courage to post my thoughts and feelings.

I never once was made to not feel welcome here.

PS if anyone is shy and afraid to post like I was, take a deep breath and say hello! 💕

• Like 8
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 13

I, too, would appreciate any direction anyone can give about where to go in the future, should this forum get shut down (for as yet unclear reasons).

As for being grateful, I'm always grateful to read all the DELICIOUSLY DANK comments here! You people are DANGEROUSLY DROLL!

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

This has always been a warm and welcoming place to come.  The kindness and sharing has been here from day one. Much love and gratitude to all of you.

• Like 2
  • Love 14

I am grateful for all the times I have been reading through the comments and came upon one that made me laugh out loud. 😄

Sometimes they were regarding the thread topic, but many times were comments in small talk of people sharing something in their day, or their life, that was just fun and funny.

• Like 18
  • Love 6

I'm grateful for the JOY that this community has shared with each other over the years.

I've been around since the Mighty Big TV days, but didn't get involved in the forums until it became TWOP. I don't post nearly as much as I used to when I was younger and less busy with family life, but this thread has remained a cozy space to visit. The feeling of community that has been built here over the years is truly rare on the internet and should be celebrated. I hope to keep in touch with friends I've made here, and am grateful to have had the chance to get to know them.

• Like 11
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 3/19/2024 at 11:50 AM, GeeGolly said:

Who will play? Lets fill this jar. Using the first letter of your screen name, post something about Primetimer and/or the Counting On forum that you are grateful for. 

I'll start. I'm grateful for all the GENEROUS support from all the posters.

image.png.e9539d6918dcd4052c9c4fb329ea4c67.png

I'll always be grateful for the unbelievable support of strangers that I received during a particularly difficult time.

Edited by Ancaster
Because particular is not the same as particularly
  • Like 14
  • Love 6

I am grateful for the HILARITY, occasional HIGHJINKS and sheer HUMANITY of a wonderful group of people so willing to share.

• Like 13
  • Love 11

I am grateful for the input I’ve received from some great people with such valuable insight!  Pretty smart coolies around here.  Experiences in life brings much wisdom and there’s plenty of that around here.  Oh, and people who have no problem admitting if they are wrong or made a mistake. Quick to forgive and move on to brighter things.  That’s a huge skill, imo.  It makes you more willing to be vulnerable.  We all need a soft place to fall in hard times. 

• Like 14
  • Love 9

I am grateful for the Thoughtful Perspectives we bring to discussions.

I've been around since the Mighty Big TV/TWOP days, nearly 20 years! Thank you all for the community and companionship over the years.

• Like 14
  • Love 9

I am grateful for the MANY laughs you all have given me throughout the years. I'm also thankful for the MANY insightful posts and advice that has been given.

I've been around since TWOP and part of 2 other forums, but don't remember one of the names(Red Hot Topic was the other). Back then, it was for my American Idol watching(haven't watched it since Daughtry was on). I had different user namers with those groups.

I watch quite a few shows, but I only follow 5 of them on here and 2 are done after this season.  I have only watched one Duggar special(The 14 and counting one), but went down the rabbit hole on TWOP. When that got nuts, I followed people to here. I read this thread the most.

I really have no interest going anywhere else. I've gone on Reddit a few times and that's just a mess to me. If I knew how, I would set up my own site. Only rule would be the no politics one. You could speak your mind any way you wanted.

If many of you leave, I probably won't check here very often anymore. I don't know why things had to change and so dramatically at that.

• Like 12
  • Love 12

i am thankful for Zest that this group of people has given my days. i come here to see whats happening in your lives and to tell you a bit about mine. unfortunately, i am pretty trusting and honest so you could all find me in real life if you wanted to based off of what i have shared here over the years. i am not a good liar so i dont even try (not saying anyone here is being dishonest but sometimes the stories dont match up over time).  that said,  this group of friends has been the sunshine on some pretty dark days for me. thank you all for that. i do hope the threat of canceling our group is just that, a threat, and not reality.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 19

I didn’t know this forum existed, until a few weeks ago. You can find the chit chat threads under “everything else”, but I hope you don’t lose your forum. It really sucks when you lose an online home, of sorts.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
13 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

After a week in the hospital with no clear diagnosis, my MIL has come home under hospice. They think it's just a matter of days now. ❤️

It they gave her days, she's going to take at least a week, because, damn it!

Hugs to you, your husband, MIL and all who love her.

• Like 2
  • Love 11

I have been to some other sites...meh...this reminds me of how I felt when I used to frequent a site called..beauty buzz...it was all about make up , but I was there for over 20 years ...the digger comments are down..and the bates thread is down too....I think everyone one at this point is just scared to post as we don't know what the problem is....so its typing  tenderhooks on the keyboards...

• Like 12
  • Sad 6

This is a very large and active small talk thread, more than any other I have seen for a specific show. My understanding from historical memory is that when a show forum was created they always created a small talk thread for interpersonal chatting that was not about the episode.  In the case of this forum People who had a fundie background often commented on episodes with a comparison to their own experience, and they were usually directed to this thread.  Over time the small talk has expanded to so many other topics and real friendly sharing, especially since there are no more new episodes.  I would hate to see this go. 
however the chit chat thread is similar and has some crossover participants. I think anyone would be welcome there. 

• Like 20
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

After a week in the hospital with no clear diagnosis, my MIL has come home under hospice. They think it's just a matter of days now. ❤️

I'm so sorry.  Please know that if this site should end up disappearing without warning, I sure I'm not the only one who will still be thinking of you and sending virtual love and support.

• Like 6
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Ancaster said:

I'm so sorry.  Please know that if this site should end up disappearing without warning, I sure I'm not the only one who will still be thinking of you and sending virtual love and support.

I know how to find the Chit Chat thread. ❤️

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 6

I came this forum from following but not posting on TWoP. I came to TWoP from Watching Trading Spaces and the TLC forums for the show. TLC got tired of us so we ended up making our own forums away from Mod Ivy. A few different forums but a few of us are still posting on an old school forum many years later and have had some meet ups in NOLA and Chicago. Here I started posting on the Duggar forum because I had friends who were very fundie though not ILBP. I had a lot of empathy for the kids and watched to hopefully see the kids break away.  If this forum goes away not sure if I will post/follow any other and just stick with my long time TS friends.  I really like this forum so I hope it survives. 

• Like 22

I was hoping since they closed the Royals thread that we could talk about it in chit chat (since that to me says talk about ANYTHING), but, apparently we can't even talk about them there. Does anyone know of somewhere (other than reddit) that we can?

Saw my Dr today about my vertigo.  He's sending me to a neurologist.  I see them tomorrow.  I hope I can find out something.  I can't afford to keep missing work/getting sent home because of it.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 20
48 minutes ago, beckie said:

I was hoping since they closed the Royals thread that we could talk about it in chit chat (since that to me says talk about ANYTHING), but, apparently we can't even talk about them there. Does anyone know of somewhere (other than reddit) that we can?

Saw my Dr today about my vertigo.  He's sending me to a neurologist.  I see them tomorrow.  I hope I can find out something.  I can't afford to keep missing work/getting sent home because of it.

No. I don't know anywhere we can discuss them. I swear we need to start a group chat and do it that way. I miss everybody!

• Like 12
(edited)

saw this over on the bates page.....not sure what to make of it yet....and dont know where to put it either.

Edited by zoomama
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
22 hours ago, badhaggis said:

No. I don't know anywhere we can discuss them. I swear we need to start a group chat and do it that way. I miss everybody!

Free Jinger has a forum for the royals.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
19 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Does anyone know why we are still in the "red light" zone?

No. Well at least I don't.

Maybe we'll have answers by Easter. I guess we'll for sure know by April Fool's Day. If they do shut Counting On down, I hope they'll provide an explanation. And give us a day to process it all with each other.

• Like 13
  • Hugs 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Does anyone know why we are still in the "red light" zone?

I don’t,  nor do I know why we were there in the first place.   I’ve not seen very many instances of posters being rude to each other.  Occasionally there’s a misunderstanding because it’s texting rather than speaking, so there’s no facial expressions or tone of voice. 
I really think that the new community managers and mods don’t like people being less than totally positive about the Duggars and that this topic will be closed no matter what we do.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 11
  • Sad 6
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I think “snark” is what is supposed to be eliminated. So, we’re done.

Have they said anything about that, specifically?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
52 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Have they said anything about that, specifically?

Not that I’ve seen. Just a guess, since that’s all we can do is guess.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

I don't think we're done.

I think sometimes it takes a bit to understand some, many, areas of this site. Snark and sarcasm are nuanced - we are not a bunch of bullies here. We're just a bunch of folks who like to gather together and share perspectives using humor to lighten what at times is difficult topics to discuss.

💚

• Like 20
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think we're done.

I think sometimes it takes a bit to understand some, many, areas of this site. Snark and sarcasm are nuanced - we are not a bunch of bullies here. We're just a bunch of folks who like to gather together and share perspectives using humor to lighten what at times is difficult topics to discuss.

💚

Most of us are what you describe. Most.

• Like 10
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Most of us are what you describe. Most.

For sure. But whether IRL or online there will always be outliers on either end of the spectrum. Fortunately they are few and far between. And while even those in the middle will mess up - this is life - we're all human.

• Like 15