Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Just got word that MIL has passed. Now the survivor work begins. Thankfully, she already downsized a ton, but there's furniture that no one else will want to dispose of somehow. Thankfully, the funeral is already planned, so that's one less thing to do. 

@Salacious Kitty- I'm so sorry for your loss! Everyone in this group was so helpful and kind to me when my Mom passed in December. Please feel free to DM if you're feeling overwhelmed. I hope that you have pleasant memories to comfort you as you grieve. It's really good that the funeral is planned and that MIL already downsized. Hugs to you and your family. ♥️

• Like 3
  • Hugs 6
  • Love 5
On 3/25/2024 at 4:34 PM, ChiCricket said:

hunger games volunteer GIF

Ok, am I the only one who wants to know who is sharing new places by dm? 

I see the above posts and I'm not sure if someone else already DMed the above posters already, and I'm not even sure if I'd be sharing all the correct places anyway. 

I guess I'll just volunteer to do it,if that's ok with everyone? 

And then you guys could share the places with other posters if you want.

(Ugh my brain hurts)🤪

Ps dm me if you want if know of other places, and I'll make a list to DM to people who are asking.

Ps why are they (possibly) ruining this place?😭

Thank you again for doing this.  It's a wonderful idea for anyone who has the information to share it with a DM.  But I'm not sure how to do that efficiently.  I guess it wouldn't be so bad to get a DM from more than one person.  And I wish I knew why this place has been chosen out of a lot of forums to have a red warning. I think we're really kind and caring diverse people.  

• Like 8
  • Love 7

Just got back from MIL's apartment. My god, for such a small place, she amassed a ton of useless tchotckes. Thankfully, the community has a white elephant sale, and we might be able to get rid of most of the junk. I think she bought most of the stuff from there in the first place. Crazy. 

• Like 5
  • Hugs 13
10 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Thank goodness, at least, that it took place in the middle of the night, and not at a rush hour, or even normal traffic time of day. My older son lives just outside Baltimore, and crosses that bridge regularly. 

We’ve sailed under it many times on cruises and have lots of fun videos of the ships going under. Unbelievable that it could have crumbled. 

• Sad 8
  • Useful 2

Please put your hands together to pray for my next door neighbor (the guy I eat dinner with every night). He’s in emergency surgery right now. Thank you. 

• Hugs 21
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Please put your hands together to pray for my next door neighbor (the guy I eat dinner with every night). He’s in emergency surgery right now. Thank you. 

He had surgery, but will be required to have a second operation tomorrow. They have him in the ICU for now. 

• Hugs 16
19 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Just got back from MIL's apartment. My god, for such a small place, she amassed a ton of useless tchotckes. Thankfully, the community has a white elephant sale, and we might be able to get rid of most of the junk. I think she bought most of the stuff from there in the first place. Crazy. 

Send it to Jill Rod she loves stuff. Pack rat Jill.

4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

The one who doesn’t wear deodorant? And cheap aka never pays you?

2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Question to moderators.....are we still in "red light status"? Please update us as to what is going on before April 1st. Thank you.

IMO this forum is done and don’t expect an answer/explanation! 

• Sad 6
49 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

The one who doesn’t wear deodorant? And cheap aka never pays you?

Yes, but he’s so miserable someone has to care. My friends say I’m too kind. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 9
  • Love 6

Salacious Kitty, sorry for your loss.

Mindthinkr, you are a good person!

'Balto' friends, that bridge situation was incredible to see. i believe i have driven that bridge, many years ago. very sad situation.

as we near the end of small talk, i have realized that i am unsure about finding a new group -- i rather like THIS one. i will probably still be on the bates and the MAFS threads but i am a bit fearful of getting too chummy on chit chat. i hate reddit or to be more truthful, i just dont get it.

i am sick as a dog...again! its Easter weekend and i will likely miss all the services. i know some of us here are Believers (and some are CLEARLY not). i tend to keep my faith on the quiet side but stepping out now. Since this forum is likely ending and no one will care if i am gone or banned or not, i want to say that, in light of the holiday, Jesus died for ALL of us on that long ago Friday. He suffered to save us from eternal damnation.  He returned on Easter morning as He promised!  Hallelujah!! its not just bunnies and candy.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

Just "hopping on here" to say thanks to you all for all the days this forum has been a place where I can be "la la la la la I can't hear you" to the stresses of real life.

My mom has called me every damn day for the last week, while I was away to visit my daughter, because she has a sore throat. She has been to her dr now 3 times and has been diagnosed with a sinus infection and given meds. But she has been "checking her throat" multiple xs a day with a flashlight and "doesn't think it looks better" 🤦‍♀️

While helping my MIL downsize from a fully packed with tacky 2000sq ft ranch with full basement and 2 car garage to a 2 bedroom senior living apartment. I could hear you all laughing with me as I was chucking fake flowers, stashes of half used Avon, political propaganda, cheap jewelry etc into giant garbage bags. It was truly what clearing the barndo would be like.

Jill needs to come pick up this crap because it is perfect for her. The coaster from Olive Garden made me laugh way more than it should have. 😂

teacart.jpg

IMG_4692(1).jpg

Edited by crazy8s
  • Hugs 4
  • LOL 16
  • Love 3

Jill would love it all 

Yasss send it to her 

17 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Just "hopping on here" to say thanks to you all for all the days this forum has been a place where I can be "la la la la la I can't hear you" to the stresses of real life.

My mom has called me every damn day for the last week, while I was away to visit my daughter, because she has a sore throat. She has been to her dr now 3 times and has been diagnosed with a sinus infection and given meds. But she has been "checking her throat" multiple xs a day with a flashlight and "doesn't think it looks better" 🤦‍♀️

While helping my MIL downsize from a fully packed with tacky 2000sq ft ranch with full basement and 2 car garage to a 2 bedroom senior living apartment. I could hear you all laughing with me as I was chucking fake flowers, stashes of half used Avon, political propaganda, cheap jewelry etc into giant garbage bags. It was truly what clearing the barndo would be like.

Jill needs to come pick up this crap because it is perfect for her. The coaster from Olive Garden made me laugh way more than it should have. 😂

teacart.jpg

IMG_4692(1).jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
42 minutes ago, zoomama said:

Salacious Kitty, sorry for your loss.

Mindthinkr, you are a good person!

'Balto' friends, that bridge situation was incredible to see. i believe i have driven that bridge, many years ago. very sad situation.

as we near the end of small talk, i have realized that i am unsure about finding a new group -- i rather like THIS one. i will probably still be on the bates and the MAFS threads but i am a bit fearful of getting too chummy on chit chat. i hate reddit or to be more truthful, i just dont get it.

i am sick as a dog...again! its Easter weekend and i will likely miss all the services. i know some of us here are Believers (and some are CLEARLY not). i tend to keep my faith on the quiet side but stepping out now. Since this forum is likely ending and no one will care if i am gone or banned or not, i want to say that, in light of the holiday, Jesus died for ALL of us on that long ago Friday. He suffered to save us from eternal damnation.  He returned on Easter morning as He promised!  Hallelujah!! its not just bunnies and candy.

I rather like this one too! So sorry to hear you’re sick for Easter. Get well soon. 

• Like 7
41 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

teacart.jpg

IMG_4692(1).jpg

Jilly Bean would love all that! I, on the other hand, love love love that tea cart in the top photo!

• Like 5

Just in case this place gets shut down. Thank you for all the fun and conversations. It was always fun to see what everyone was up too. Thanks for sharing all the adorable cat and dog pictures. Thank you for friendship. I love the way everyone supported each other. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot from you guys. Hopefully, this place will remain open but if not hopefully see you all at sites that @ChiCricket put together. See you around.

• Like 9
  • Love 13

Its like our parents have our childhood home on the market and we're all unsure if this will be our last Easter together here. 🐰🐣

• Like 4
  • Hugs 5
  • Sad 12
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Just in case this place gets shut down. Thank you for all the fun and conversations. It was always fun to see what everyone was up too. Thanks for sharing all the adorable cat and dog pictures. Thank you for friendship. I love the way everyone supported each other. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot from you guys. Hopefully, this place will remain open but if not hopefully see you all at sites that @ChiCricket put together. See you around.

Or bates small talk 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Jilly Bean would love all that! I, on the other hand, love love love that tea cart in the top photo!

This feels like where I should jump in with "but wait there's more...."😂

• LOL 11

Is all inclusive even possible in a place like this? Seems to me there's ALWAYS going to be some who don't fit in, feel offended,  or left out. I understand trying to be kinder, but the all inclusive doesn't seem likely.  JMO.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I’ve had such a heavy heart coming to this thread the last few days and dreading it being erased. And now I get to do it for another 30 days?
But I am so relieved that we do have a reprieve. 

Edited by Love2dance
Wanted to add more
  • Like 9
  • Hugs 3
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)

It is so weird that the thread names are still mentioned as a problem since they have been changed here. Mean while in the Bates thread a title referring to John Webster as Lurch is still acceptable. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 11
  • Useful 5
36 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

It is so weird that the thread names are still mentioned as a problem since they have been changed here. Mean while in the Bates thread a title referring to John Webster as Lurch is still acceptable. 🤷‍♀️

Right! We can't do anything with locked threads. Maybe a mod can merge the old threads with the newly named ones?

• Like 12
13 hours ago, awaken said:

Strangely, this is the only forum on this site that I follow affected by these issues.  Other than flat out deleting the royals. All the other tv show forums I follow on here are proceeding as usual. It’s so odd that we here are needing to reform or say goodbye, one of the most thoughtful and respectful forums I’ve ever participated in. 

I was thinking this as well. This is the only forum I participate in now; however I do and have read other forums that were/are far worse than this one (almost any TLC show).  Given this guidance  "Our aim is constructive, respectful dialogue that includes all perspectives. The principle of kindness and inclusivity applies to everyone, even to the Duggars. (Please note that that doesn’t mean you have to condone everything they say and do. What it primarily means is that comments should be mindful of their humanity)."  Is snark not ok?  I do think sometimes people claim snark when it is not really fun, sarcastic or clever. I wonder why this forum is the only one to get pointed out. It is just confusing as to what is acceptable and what is not.   Was there just more people complaining about the posts here?  Maybe that is why we haven't heard much about Jana, her latest assignment is to complain about this forum's unkindness and disrespectful dialogue.  😉  Not trying to cause trouble or be obtuse, just not clear on what is ok. I don't think I have posted anything that would have gotten flagged. So would calling them fundie be a No?  No knick names? 

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Again, I think there is something particular about the Duggars that has the management unhappy with those of us that aren’t fans of the  Duggars.   The yellow light post addresses Titles and comments about the Duggars - not comments from posters about other posters.  The comments and thread titles aren’t any worse on the Duggars sub forum than the other reality sub forums.  Yet none of them have any red yellow or green management comments. 

I don’t understand why the latest management comments couldn’t have been made a couple of weeks ago when we were all asking for clarification.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 15
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
45 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Again, I think there is something particular about the Duggars that has the management unhappy with those of us that aren’t fans of the  Duggars.   The yellow light post addresses Titles and comments about the Duggars - not comments from posters about other posters.  The comments and thread titles aren’t any worse on the Duggars sub forum than the other reality sub forums.  Yet none of them have any red yellow or green management comments. 

I don’t understand why the latest management comments couldn’t have been made a couple of weeks ago when we were all asking for clarification.

I’m close to giving up on it all right now. 

• Like 4
(edited)

My guess is the Duggar forum has 1 or maybe a few posters who made/make frequent complaints. While all complaints are valid in that is how a poster is feeling, they may not all be valid as far as PT's guidelines. Context is important, as well as personality clashes.

Maybe it has taken this long to see we are no worse than anywhere else on PT, and from what I gather we are actually more respectful toward the Duggars than posters are in other reality shows.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 18
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

My guess is the Duggar forum has 1 or maybe a few posters who made/make frequent complaints. While all complaints are valid in that is how a poster is feeling, they may not all be valid as far as PT's guidelines. Context is important, as well as personally clashes.

Maybe it has taken this long to see we are no worse than anywhere else on PT, and from what I gather we are actually more respectful toward the Duggars than posters are in other reality shows.

Very true.  

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

My guess is the Duggar forum has 1 or maybe a few posters who made/make frequent complaints. While all complaints are valid in that is how a poster is feeling, they may not all be valid as far as PT's guidelines. Context is important, as well as personally clashes.

On any other platform, if one poster was making constant reports, they would be the one seen as the problem, instead of the majority of the posters. On Reddit, for example, posters are often given “time outs” for report abuse. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 6

Please send me the list of possible new gathering places! I’ve been hanging out here since TwoP days, and would be heartbroken if it was suddenly gone! 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 2

"If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here.."

The red light was put on the day someone decided that the domestic situation of a family that did not meet this criteria was appropriate to be added to the other families thread. 

Comment was made in the morning and the shutdown was that afternoon. 

• Angry 1
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

"If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here.."

The red light was put on the day someone decided that the domestic situation of a family that did not meet this criteria was appropriate to be added to the other families thread. 

Yes, while it is true the Red light warning went up that day, the family shown, and the offensive term used, had been posted about in a very small, sporadic amount for several years with no complaints or mod re direction.

New rules have been made abundantly clear on this topic. No one has referenced said family and most likely never will in the future. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

I'm confused. One (minor) violation of the rules locks down a thread and puts the entire forum on red light? Wouldn't a thread violation warrant a nudge at the very least, or a yellow light for ongoing discussion, but for that specific thread only?

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2