Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

No idea why there is a time jump - it's now 2021 there.

On NYE, Julie said, let's say goodbye to the year that was, and welcome the New Year.  They couldn't mention the actual year.  That is messed up!

• Love 4

I always envision the ‘man of science’ Dr Rolf, performing some secret ritual (think Belloq opening the Lost Arc in Raider’s) to gather Gina/Rolf’s ‘essence’. Shockingly his face did not melt.

Ciara crying over Victor - GIRL, you did that.  

Victor: pearl clutching over the word ‘twitsted’.  Dude.  Seriously?  You personally stood behind Ben trying to murder him and you’re upset Ciara call you twisted?  You have delusions about yourself. And where the hell is Maggie?

Xander: it’s not much of a redemption if you can threaten to murder Ben and clearly mean it. You need to be around Maggie & Sarah again.

I’m also Team “Evan-Is-The-Killer”.  WHY does Sonny have the worst taste in men (except Will)?

I like Rafe’s current storyline. AT LAST someone is seeing Hope is not Hope.  But it also pisses me off that Ciara can’t see it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, boes said:

I realized today, watching those scenes with Steve and Kayla that I only like Stephen Nichols when he's with Mary Beth Evans.  The minute she left the scene, when he was with KA or DH, he's just wooden, at least to me.

I never saw him on GH, but I thought he was really boring when he was on Y +R, but I blamed that on the character he was playing.

I think, for me, he only really comes alive when he's acting opposite MBE.

As for this horrible storyline, I wish a piano would fall out of the sky and squash him and Gina ala the Road Runner, it's that bad.

It really is that bad. I hate it. And oh how I loved Patch once...sigh. 

That Ciara and Gina/Hope haven't shared a scene since the time jump is just ridiculous. I don't think Ron or whomever else is in charge with him can handle this time jump thing and it's repercussions -- too many threads  have unraveled. If you're going to do this, Ron, do it well, for god's sake. Blech. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
deleted extra words
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, boes said:

I realized today, watching those scenes with Steve and Kayla that I only like Stephen Nichols when he's with Mary Beth Evans.  The minute she left the scene, when he was with KA or DH, he's just wooden, at least to me.

I never saw him on GH, but I thought he was really boring when he was on Y +R, but I blamed that on the character he was playing.

I think, for me, he only really comes alive when he's acting opposite MBE.

Stephen, Mary Beth and Matt Ashford are gold together.  I miss the days of great dialogue, emotional storylines and scenes that lasted longer than 2 minutes.  Sigh.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, SueB said:

I always envision the ‘man of science’ Dr Rolf, performing some secret ritual (think Belloq opening the Lost Arc in Raider’s) to gather Gina/Rolf’s ‘essence’. Shockingly his face did not melt.

Victor: pearl clutching over the word ‘twitsted’.  Dude.  Seriously?  You personally stood behind Ben trying to murder him and you’re upset Ciara call you twisted?  You have delusions about yourself. And where the hell is Maggie?

Xander: it’s not much of a redemption if you can threaten to murder Ben and clearly mean it. You need to be around Maggie & Sarah again.

I’m also Team “Evan-Is-The-Killer”.  WHY does Sonny have the worst taste in men (except Will)?

I like Rafe’s current storyline. AT LAST someone is seeing Hope is not Hope.  But it also pisses me off that Ciara can’t see it.

Watch them write it that somehow Evan is responsible for Adrienne's death too, giving Will a get out of jail free card.  And then Sonny can ruminate for months on how stupid he was to be taken in by a killer.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, domina89 said:

Stephen, Mary Beth and Matt Ashford are gold together.  I miss the days of great dialogue, emotional storylines and scenes that lasted longer than 2 minutes.  Sigh.

Where did those writers go? I mean seriously how hard is it to find a decent soap writer did they all pass away? I think a lot of these storylines would be a lot better if nuanced writing were still a thing. I mean there were stories back in the day that were admitted terrible but it wasn't so one note that it was watchable.

This show isn't even that and I find myself FFing through most of it.

• Love 3

Today's ep barely held my interest.

Gabi's outfit may be good for summer, but not a bitterly cold Midwestern January day.

I did like Maggie's outfit.

John, it is unlikely that Nicole will pursue or hurt Brady right now.

Why is Kristen part of Basic Black?

JJ looked good all cleaned up.  No, he shouldn't have to help out Lani, who isn't even a real nun.

• Love 4

Maggie’s hair looked so cute in that messy ponytail. I love how Xander has been a rock for her and her daughter and how sincerely he cares for them. 

I really liked everything John said to Brady. He needed to hear some home truths and no bs. 

If the smug girl in her Beetlejuice blazer cries anymore and gets ass pats for something she instigated... and she really had the nerve when Victor was comatose and suffering to turn it around back to her “I love you...but I also love Ben and he can’t die.” You not shutting the fuck up about Ben and your hysterical insistence Victor framed him was what drove Victor into a stress stroke out...and you think deathbed comforting him would be to continue that drivel? 

I have always disliked Lani and still very much do but everyone in town acts like she committed a capital crime for leaving Eli at the alter. Lots of people get cold feet in the world and whether this show wants to acknowledge it or not, many couples do post pone or cancel weddings and stay friends or even lovers. Sal is a really bad actress and I don’t see any improvement over the years or with given more experience with weighty material. She is either very flat or gives her lines in that weird quavery yet deepened barky tone. Like she just sat on a cactus but at the same time was accused of eating her roommates leftovers. 

JJ and Eli are cute. I liked Gabi’s hair and makeup today. 

Kristen only wants to work at Basic Black so she can be around Brady and spy on Nicole. She is so obsessed. This show is full of people inexplicably obsessed w people who aren’t that remarkable. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, SueB said:

Twisted when he only ever worshiped Ciara and spoilt her rotten.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Today's ep barely held my interest.

Gabi's outfit may be good for summer, but not a bitterly cold Midwestern January day.

I did like Maggie's outfit.

John, it is unlikely that Nicole will pursue or hurt Brady right now.

Why is Kristen part of Basic Black?

JJ looked good all cleaned up.  No, he shouldn't have to help out Lani, who isn't even a real nun.

This was filmed last Spring/Summer which is the crazy part... however the Midwest has been rather mild so its not too absurd at this point.

I also would prefer JJ not help Lani ever I mean really can't he just have scenes with his parents or Justin/Kayla either works for me.

I'd even take him with Chad/Abby at least those are genuine relationships he has with them(well Abby I still don't entirely buy JJ being cool with Chad but I digress).

• Love 2

@CanaryFan98, Western Canada has been pretty decent of late, but we are plunging in to the minus 20s and 30s Celsius for the next week or so. Parka time! It may be okay to wear shorts and tank tops in a warm house, but not so great outside.

Lani can easily claim cold feet or not being able to make that kind of commitment at that moment. There wasn't much holding her and Eli together except for the loss of the baby. Sometimes you may need to be apart for a bit before reconnecting and making that commitment. She was stupid to not investigate Gabi and the pacemaker app. Julie's initial issues with the pacemaker could have been perfectly normal. She could have stood up to Gabi and probably did not want to marry Eli except of out guilt or owing him something.

• Love 2

The best part of today for me ? I could hear Paul Telfer's Scottish accent slip out for a second when he said to Ciara "that man loves you" (about Victor).  I am a sucker for a Scottish accent. I even think Scrooge McDuck is hot, I am not picky. My ears perked up today, let me tell you. 

I've been up too long LOL I am going to bed !

Speaking of Ciara, girl you are more annoying than a GabiAbbyKristen sandwich.

• Love 3

God, what a shit storm today, except for Maggie's scenes and getting to see JJ cleaned up and looking halfway normal again.

Maybe Victor is faking the whole thing just to avoid having to listen to that ass of a granddaughter of his droning on about her love for her no-necked serial killer booty call boyfriend.  

And Kristen?  It's ridiculous that she's walking free to begin with, but for her to slither into Nicole's office and act like the repellent sociopath that she is TO THE WOMAN SHE KIDNAPPED, along with her daughter is just too stupid to watch.  Nicole could have plugged her, called it self-defense and not a jury in the world would convict her.

But Show is trying to make us root for her???????

It's a bad day when Julie isn't the most annoying person on screen.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Maggie’s hair looked so cute in that messy ponytail. I love how Xander has been a rock for her and her daughter and how sincerely he cares for them. 

I really liked everything John said to Brady. He needed to hear some home truths and no bs. 

If the smug girl in her Beetlejuice blazer cries anymore and gets ass pats for something she instigated... and she really had the nerve when Victor was comatose and suffering to turn it around back to her “I love you...but I also love Ben and he can’t die.” You not shutting the fuck up about Ben and your hysterical insistence Victor framed him was what drove Victor into a stress stroke out...and you think deathbed comforting him would be to continue that drivel? 

I have always disliked Lani and still very much do but everyone in town acts like she committed a capital crime for leaving Eli at the alter. Lots of people get cold feet in the world and whether this show wants to acknowledge it or not, many couples do post pone or cancel weddings and stay friends or even lovers. Sal is a really bad actress and I don’t see any improvement over the years or with given more experience with weighty material. She is either very flat or gives her lines in that weird quavery yet deepened barky tone. Like she just sat on a cactus but at the same time was accused of eating her roommates leftovers. 

JJ and Eli are cute. I liked Gabi’s hair and makeup today. 

Kristen only wants to work at Basic Black so she can be around Brady and spy on Nicole. She is so obsessed. This show is full of people inexplicably obsessed w people who aren’t that remarkable. 

Please tell me Maggie is wearing a wig.  No woman that age should have that much hair! Speaking as someone decades younger who has experienced menopause related thinning and hates every other woman who has my previously luxurious hair!🙂😡

Yes! Beetlejuice! That’s where I saw her blazer before.  Hate Ciara.  I fear for the continuation of this soap.  It’s been part of my life for so long but it needs new writers as it’s way too fast forwardable as it is now😔

• Love 1

I liked JJ's look better when he looked liked a drugged-out bum.

9 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Like she just sat on a cactus but at the same time was accused of eating her roommates leftovers. 

STOP! It hurts to laugh this hard!

8 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I could hear Paul Telfer's Scottish accent slip out for a second when he said to Ciara "that man loves you" (about Victor).  I am a sucker for a Scottish accent.

Excuse me while I recover this ep so I can watch this. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, msrachelj said:

Like she was accused of eating her roommates leftovers

YES! LOL by jove, you've nailed it! That's her tone exactly.

I liked seeing John with Brady but how weird is it that Brady is not only comfortable talking to Pops about maybe boning the same woman Pops used to bone...again!...but also comfy talking about maybe boning the True Love of his step-brother.... again! Dude, this is your life? These two gals are your only options??

Idiot.

Kate and Will's scenes keep hitting me hard in the feels. Love them together. More of this kind of storytelling please (not the jailtime BS, but the supporting family stuff).

Evan is really good, so of course they're probably going to Dr Shaw him or Leo him and screw it up....so they can offer Sal Stowers even more money and screentime 🙄

Is that room he and Rafe were in the same as the apartment above the pub?

I tried to picture Eileen saying Kristen's lines today and ended up flashing back to the worst of her "helping Dr Tan/trash can fight" days. Poor woman had enough one-note "schemey desperate harridan" scenes then. So glad she's not suffering through these. They're endless. Staci's trying to make it work, bless her, but Jesus her character is irrelevant and annoying.

Gabi's wardrobe continues to do her a disservice. She looked like Judy Garland as Dorothy today with those flattened breasts. How a woman that gorgeous can spend so much time on screen looking as bad as that is beyond me. Let her wear a nice blazer and a sweater! Or a CEO-worthy dress. At least when Sami was running the place she looked the part.

...I get that JJ is a nice guy, but why is he helping the gal who cheated on him and lied about carrying his child? Yeah, yeah, she stopped him from shooting Kristen but... whatever. Lani sucks, JJ. And now she's trying to take down Gabi and you're going to help her? Arrrrg.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Kate and Will's scenes keep hitting me hard in the feels. Love them together. More of this kind of storytelling please (not the jailtime BS, but the supporting family stuff).

No surprise, but this was by far my favorite part of today's episode. They had some great lines today paired with even better delivery.

The only other thing that really caught my attention was that Rafe has had a live-in manny for over a year, and he's just now doing a background check on the guy? Why not do that prior to having a stranger enter your home to take care of an innocent child?

giphy.gif

Edited by QueenSerena
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...I get that JJ is a nice guy, but why is he helping the gal who cheated on him and lied about carrying his child? Yeah, yeah, she stopped him from shooting Kristen but... whatever. Lani sucks, JJ. And now she's trying to take down Gabi and you're going to help her? Arrrrg.

Putting aside the fact that JJ is reduced to being an emasculated nice guy loser she didn't cheat on him. They weren't even together which makes Lani hooking up with Eli afterwards even more ridiculous because even if JJ had sex with Gabi he was single(Gabi wasn't though).

However he should hate her for taking advantage of him while he was blacked out drunk and took pictures of him without his consent which she showed to Gabi. This is glossed over by the show though because if the roles were reverse there would be never ending outrage over JJ being a creepy rapist(which he would've been). 

That being said I don't get why people think he owes Gabi anything yeah she saved his life(although honestly he would be better off dead than the loser he's become tbh) but she also gaslit his sister, drugged her while she was pregnant and let them think Stefan was Charlotte's father. This isn't even getting into what she's doing with Julie. I mean JJ isn't Eric he actually has family loyalty(which does him no good but I digress...) 

The only good thing about this is that he's putting an end to this terrible storyline with the quickness and then afterwards he can be in scenes with people I actually like...

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3

I guess it comes down to appeal and believability. When Gabi told Eli today that she wasn't an evil person, I actually believed her. Lani is so inert with her judgy eyes and her slow delivery, I guess it's easier for me to believe that she's the crazy one. And I totally forgot about her sleeping with a grief-stricken, drunk off his ass JJ. Who does that? I can't imagine it would have been any good at all, with his eyes being glossed over and him smelling like booze...but she did it anyways and took pictures?! I totally forgot about the pictures part. Yuck.

I admit I completely forgot about the details surrounding her Christmas Eve romp with Eli. I'm just completely biased against her. The way the entire town feels about Gabi, I feel about Lani LOL.

I really hope that if JJ is the one to bring the storyline to its conclusion that he manages to snap Gabi out of it, find a way to deactivate the pacemaker bomb and cover up for Gabi as well. I'm guessing we won't get that last part, but I'm really hoping for it anyways. I mean there's no actual proof at this point that there's anything in Julie's pacemaker. The thing is inside of her already, and obviously it didn't have any attachments that made it look suspicious to the medical staff implanting it. And if Gabi deletes the application, then she can just laugh at Lani that she made the whole thing up and that Julie's heart murmurs were coincidentally happening at the same time as she tried to make it seem like she was causing them. That would be the best end result I think.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 7

Maybe Evan is bisexual or was/is questioning. I kinda get the vibe though he’s using Sonny. 

I’m of the camp that thinks this pacemaker app is pure bullshit which might be why Gabi is nonchalant about her threats to use it, it’s kinda like a parent or babysitter who threatens a brat if they aren’t good you’ll face time Santa and tell him to skip their house. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I guess it comes down to appeal and believability. When Gabi told Eli today that she wasn't an evil person, I actually believed her. Lani is so inert with her judgy eyes and her slow delivery, I guess it's easier for me to believe that she's the crazy one. And I totally forgot about her sleeping with a grief-stricken, drunk off his ass JJ. Who does that? I can't imagine it would have been any good at all, with his eyes being glossed over and him smelling like booze...but she did it anyways and took pictures?! I totally forgot about the pictures part. Yuck.

I admit I completely forgot about the details surrounding her Christmas Eve romp with Eli. I'm just completely biased against her. The way the entire town feels about Gabi, I feel about Lani LOL.

I really hope that if JJ is the one to bring the storyline to its conclusion that he manages to snap Gabi out of it, find a way to deactivate the pacemaker bomb and cover up for Gabi as well. I'm guessing we won't get that last part, but I'm really hoping for it anyways. I mean there's no actual proof at this point that there's anything in Julie's pacemaker. The thing is inside of her already, and obviously it didn't have any attachments that made it look suspicious to the medical staff implanting it. And if Gabi deletes the application, then she can just laugh at Lani that she made the whole thing up and that Julie's heart murmurs were coincidentally happening at the same time as she tried to make it seem like she was causing them. That would be the best end result I think.

Oh rest assured I hate Lani  just as much as you do and hate that JJ is helping but I don't want him helping Gabi either.... 

As much as I didn't care for Haley she was so much preferable to me for him to have a storyline with than either of these unlikeable bitches. I don't find Gabi anymore sincere than Lani but she actually adds energy to her scenes and doesn't seem dead inside like Lani does 90% of the time.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I guess it's easier for me to believe that she's the crazy one.

She is crazy.  And not a fun crazy.  Or she's just dumb.  She's still clinging to the "I'm lying about being a nun so no one will see me coming" even though the object of her revenge already knows she intentionally damaged her property. Not that Gabi would believe her anyway as I don't think Gabi would trust a habit.  The only reason she'd underestimate Lani is because she thinks Lani is dumb.

And Lani is.  For not telling anyone about Gabi's scheme.  For this stupid nun schtick.  For still not telling JJ what the big secret is. 

I just can't with her.  Something is off and it'll be frustrating when the truth comes out that people don't turn on her too.

2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

As much as I didn't care for Haley she was so much preferable to me for him to have a storyline with than either of these unlikeable bitches.

But Hayley so low energy as well. 

• Love 5

Rafe didn't do any sort of reference check or background check on his many when he hired him? You are entrusting a child to someone. You don't know anything about this dude - or even a regular nanny if he hired one.

I hope that Evan is not related to the Westons or anything. Clyde having a long lost son who Jordan got involved with and not knowing he was 'family'. Maybe just some wanderer who has a secret past of killing former girlfriends = that is it! No idea what his interest in Sonny is either.

Brady, surely as a CEO of something, you would have more girlfriend options than Nicole or Kristen. None of you are good for the other. And you really shouldn't be talking to your dad about the woman he used to be involved with. That is a bit creepy. Surely Salem has new people living there or maybe you met a nice woman at a conference or something.

Lani, JJ owes you pretty much nothing. He was on drugs when he tried to foolishly off Kristen. Solve your own problems. Get a hold of Gabi's phone and delete the App. It would be so good if the App wasn't real and Gabi was playing her like a violin. Lani, you just appear dumb and Eli is lucky that you did not marry him a year ago. For being a cop, where are your investigative skills? If DiMera could make a deadly pacemaker, so could other companies!

And Kristen, why do you want to work at Basic Black with a man who does not want you and a woman who can't stand you? Hello toxic workplace.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

She is crazy.  And not a fun crazy.  Or she's just dumb.  She's still clinging to the "I'm lying about being a nun so no one will see me coming" even though the object of her revenge already knows she intentionally damaged her property. Not that Gabi would believe her anyway as I don't think Gabi would trust a habit.  The only reason she'd underestimate Lani is because she thinks Lani is dumb.

And Lani is.  For not telling anyone about Gabi's scheme.  For this stupid nun schtick.  For still not telling JJ what the big secret is. 

I just can't with her.  Something is off and it'll be frustrating when the truth comes out that people don't turn on her too.

But Hayley so low energy as well. 

Yeah Lani's stupidity will be glossed over here.

Regardless yeah Haley was low energy but once she stopped getting a lot of airtime and the other chicks on this show became even more insufferable and one note(Ciara, Gabi etc) Haley bothered me a lot less. Sure she was still an unlikeable Mary Sue but I find her a lot easier to take than Ciara, Lani, Gabi etc.  Plus it made me forget JJ was ever involved with Lani and Gabi so that helped tremendously.

6 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I’m of the camp that thinks this pacemaker app is pure bullshit which might be why Gabi is nonchalant about her threats to use it, it’s kinda like a parent or babysitter who threatens a brat if they aren’t good you’ll face time Santa and tell him to skip their house. 

I thought this originally as well.  Except, remember when after the TJ, Gabi and Eli got hot and heavy and her phone was underneath her?  And it created an incident with Julie's heart.

It would be so much better a storyline if Gabi never had such an app, and Lani was just stupid.  As she is.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

This maybe belongs in the UO forum, but I like Lani.  And I'm enjoying her right now as she works to get Eli back.  I also like like them as a couple, and hope when all this is said and done, they get back together, get married, and have a baby.  I know, happy endings don't happen on soaps, but I can dream right.

I still like Cin, but understand y'all who are sick of them.  I wish that Ciara could believe in Ben, but also have other interests so she doesn't come across as so obsessed. But I know this is all to do with money, actor guarantees, and more that I probably don't understand.  

BTW, has Ciara been in a scene with Hopina since the TJ?   

Or Gabi in a scene with her daughter?  Wouldn't it have been fun to see Ari dressed for her recital?  

Drama is fine, but I so miss the family interactions.

So this pains me to say, but I almost wish they hadn't brought SN back. This Stevano thing is so bad.  And it's almost exactly the same story as Jack's return, but really worse, as Jack had just forgotten his memories. Poor Steve, is just in limbo land somewhere, I guess. 

There's a question ... Will Steve and Hope remember everything they've done as Stefano and Gina?

So Evan?   I'd read a spoiler way back about him, and now wonder if it was completely fake, because the way things are heading, it doesn't seem possible.  But then when the show tapes 8 months in advance, a lot can happen before what was just taped finally airs.

On another note, as much as I love some of the characters, I think they need to do a cast shift, bring in some new blood and write some different interactions.  It's getting boring seeing the same things with the same people over and over and over.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Evan is really good, so of course they're probably going to Dr Shaw him or Leo him and screw it up....so they can offer Sal Stowers even more money and screentime 🙄

Oh, you know Ron will.  Evan will become psycho and Sonny will get in too deep and Will is going to have to save him, then Sonny will be thankful and he will fall back into place kissing Will’s ass.  Then, back to them being boring.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Excuse me while I recover this ep so I can watch this. 

If you listen closely, you can hear it. IDK why they haven't just let him use his natural accent all along. 

And the most important event of the past week:  JJ SHAVED his face and cut his hair ! (mind you I have been lapse in watching so I'm sure he shaved before now, but I am just now seeing it).

3 hours ago, buffynut said:

BTW, has Ciara been in a scene with Hopina since the TJ?   

Someone else asked this a day or so again or maybe you did. Ciara had a scene with her mom and Rafe at the cop shop when Sarah’s baby was stolen and gross as she is she pretended to not know why or who had the baby. 

Ari has not had a scene with Gabi since TJ. This show can’t afford child or baby actors so use them sparingly. I wish Y&R also realized this so I didn’t have to see horrible Connor front burner whining and kow towwed to daily. 

Yeah Evan will probably go psycho and be like “I’ll kill Sonny if I can’t have him!” And then Ben will probably save Sonny. 

I called way back when Ciara was w Tripp and Claire was up to her fuckshit, that Ben will be a cop. Watch after he’s exonerated they’ll make him a cadet, past or mental problems be damned. 

• Love 8

Manager of the Salem Inn to the Desk Clerk:  You have to be more careful about the people you allow to rent rooms here.  They next time you rent out a room to someone who trashes it, you're fired. 

Desk Clerk:  At least THIS time I don't have to worry about THAT - these are two NUNS!

{Kristen trashes room - AGAIN}

{Clerk goes on rampage in Salem - the police are baffled as to motive}

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Here I thought he was the best I've ever seen him lol. Usually he gives me so much second-hand embarrassment with how utterly bad he is.

I think my problem is I was comparing this to all his angry or arguing scenes since he got back and I feel like he really crackled against Jen, JJ, even Eve.

I also felt like maybe he should have been more angry but realize Stefano wasn’t giving him much to work with since he’s partially apathetic to Jack and those from Steve’s past. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Manager of the Salem Inn to the Desk Clerk:  You have to be more careful about the people you allow to rent rooms here.  They next time you rent out a room to someone who trashes it, you're fired. 

Desk Clerk:  At least THIS time I don't have to worry about THAT - these are two NUNS!

{Kristen trashes room - AGAIN}

{Clerk goes on rampage in Salem - the police are baffled as to motive}

Kristen has got to stop every episode having those rage tantrums breaking shit. It reminds me of Sue Sylvester from Glee.giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2989e57a36368cb1bcb8 

• LOL 4
11 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

If you listen closely, you can hear it. IDK why they haven't just let him use his natural accent all along. 

And the most important event of the past week:  JJ SHAVED his face and cut his hair ! (mind you I have been lapse in watching so I'm sure he shaved before now, but I am just now seeing it).

Took long enough

• LOL 3

Kristen to Chad “all you do is talk incessantly about my shares.”

(beat) 

“Brady, Brady, Brady...”

Irony she thinks he’s like Charlie Brown’s teacher with the white noise repeating, which I agree is annoying however tis ironic since she sounds like a broken pull-a-string doll reiterating the same stuff about her Himbo. 

It finally sunk in my head why they needed Gina when Stefano doesn’t seem to have much love lost for her and she’s a huge pain in the ass, he needed someone inside the cop shop and if she is all over John and getting on Marlena’s nerves Stevano can use that wedge to creep his way in. @Sandman actually brought up a good point though...he could have abducted Hattie and brainchipped her into Marlena and called it a day. 

I thought JJ looked better with scruffy beard and hair and kinda sleazy. Maybe I’ve been watching too much Shameless. 

• Love 6

On some level, the Salem Inn must like it when guests demolish the room - they get to charge them for the replacements and the salaries of those to fix the mess. Kristen does need to learn to deal with her trigger to trash things when she is angry.

Yes, Jack, the Steve Johnson in front of you is a very different man.

Too bad Abs' top wasn't fuschia or some other brighter colour. Her hair looked better.

Uncle Vic will make it so Ciara won't need to find taller heels to shake her boots in for his wrath against her.

Did like Kristen referring to 'Steveno' as Steve Johnson.

• Love 3

I can't wrap my head around the Jack and Steve scenes. They're written without much context about how these two would have a conversation like this. Jack loved his brother when Steve died.  They were in a good place.  And that's the last I think we know of them interacting as two people with an established relationship.  The last time they were on screen together, Jack was bringing Steve back to town after finding him alive--but Steve had amnesia.  He hadn't recovered his memory when Jack and Jennifer went to London.

This antipathy would make sense 30 years ago, right after Jack raped Kayla.  It doesn't make sense now.  Stevano can be explained away as not understanding their dynamic but Steve's viciousness should be red flaggy for Jack.  (And Kayla).

So the best part of the episode for me was when Jack spoke with Jennifer about how weird it was that Steve said he had three kids with Kayla.  (But seriously, Stevano remembered all of those details about Steve's life but forgot how many kids he had? )

It'd make me happy if Jack and Jennifer dig a little deeper considering all the weirdness they've experience with Rolf but my guess is that's unlikely to happen because the show will likely drag out Stevano and Princess Gina for as long as it can only for it to wrap up in two days.  Everything will return to normal.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I can't wrap my head around the Jack and Steve scenes. They're written with

out much context about how these two would have a conversation like this. Jack loved his brother when Steve died.  They were in a good place.  And that's the last I think we know of them interacting as two people with an established relationship.  The last time they were on screen together, Jack was bringing Steve back to town after finding him alive--but Steve had amnesia.  He hadn't recovered his memory when Jack and Jennifer went to London.

This antipathy would make sense 30 years ago, right after Jack raped Kayla.  It doesn't make sense now.  Stevano can be explained away as not understanding their dynamic but Steve's viciousness should be red flaggy for Jack.  (And Kayla).

So the best part of the episode for me was when Jack spoke with Jennifer about how weird it was that Steve said he had three kids with Kayla.  (But seriously, Stevano remembered all of those details about Steve's life but forgot how many kids he had? )

It'd make me happy if Jack and Jennifer dig a little deeper considering all the weirdness they've experience with Rolf but my guess is that's unlikely to happen because the show will likely drag out Stevano and Princess Gina for as long as it can only for it to wrap up in two days.  Everything will return to normal.

Everything you say is true, but Ron only seems to pay attention to history when it benefits his weird-ass plot lines. Otherwise? Hand wave. The latter seems to be how he is handling the Jack/Steve relationship, which is both lazy and ridiculous.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I thought JJ looked better with scruffy beard and hair and kinda sleazy. Maybe I’ve been watching too much Shameless. 

Haha! I'm still mad about Lip's shorn hair. 

I thought Abigail looked beautiful today (dodges tomatoes). 

I messed around on twitter during the Steve/Jack scenes, which at any other point in my life with this show would have been must-watch-every-second scenes. I wonder if SN regrets coming back in this context - -I read somewhere that he didn't find out what the plot would be until he was already inside. 

It would be terrific if Jack and Jennifer dove into the mystery of why Steve is not himself -- nothing was better than when the two of them were hot on a story together, getting in and out of scrapes. But that won't happen because this is now, with Ron C, the dream crusher. 

• Love 5