Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I'm surprised there isn't a convention of flies swarming this show. Because it seems every story is just some level of shit, be it stinky, very stinky, and OH MY GOD, SPRAY THE AIR FRESHENER stinky.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

While I wish Brady had more self awareness about his terrible life choices considering Kristen impersonated Nicole in the first place to conceive this child an this show adds a glossy sheen to sexual assault here I really am not bothered about him being an ass to Kristen.

He should've been an ass to her from jump and never let his foot off her neck after she raped Eric. Bristen should've died after that.

Then there's of course her stealing his son...   So really Brady should treat her terrible 24/7 because honestly he never did anything remotely terrible to her in comparison. Eric/Nicole is slightly different though. Eric killed her fiance driving drunk, wrongly accused Nicole of raping him. Nicole of course has done terrible things to Eric they're slightly more even in that regard.

You have a point that both relationships are similar in that these guys knew these women were terrible, done terrible things to their family, then act shocked when they do bad things(although Brady at least is weary about Kristen compare to Eric who has a sanitized view of Nicole otherwise) and still want them anyways even though there's nothing really redeemable about either relationship.

I'm not saying he should have EVER forgiven her - she's done far too many terrible things.  I guess I was complaining about the fact that Kristen was some sort of Madonna in Brady's eyes, simply because she was pregnant (with HIS child - she would not have had that status if she was pregnant with someone else's child).  Him acting all lovey and caring was either the height of hypocrisy or he truly believed she was different.  Today, all he really said was, "We should have grieved together"  - implying that he wanted her to stay in Salem.  So basically, because she didn't react the way HE wanted her to she was no longer "changed" or "different."  Granted, her immediately attacking Nicole was not going a long way to showing she really was a better person, but whether or not she is a better person should not be solely dependent on producing a Brady spawn.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, ChuChu said:

Nicole's outfit was so horrible today it drove me out of lurk mode.

It really was, including the sheep dog jacket. Her hair was even off -- unless she styled herself to look like a 70s disco queen? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm so disappointed and angry that the writers felt the need to resurrect Stephano. This is just insane. He was a human being and deserves to rest in peace, dead in a grave or ashes, even if he was evil. Can they not think of another villain, another storyline. This is unbelievable because, how old would Joe M. be now?...What is the story, it had better be that the real original Stephano is still dead and Dr. Rolfe the magician, only gathered some DNA from the corpse to create the new Stephano . I am not enjoying this. Plus the horrific acting by Kristen Alfonzo. Good Grief, she had a hard enough time just acting the part of Hope. The Princess Gina part is really showing how awfully awful she is. 

As for Steve, the writers must hate the character. There was so much potential there for him and Kayla to be happy.  Still could have occasional ISA adventures, and normal problems but still be a loving at home husband. Working as a private detective? Include some of these: Hope , John, Jennifer , Jack etc . Add some humor like the old days . That is storyline I probably would enjoy. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, msrachelj said:

I'm so disappointed and angry that the writers felt the need to resurrect Stephano. This is just insane. He was a human being and deserves to rest in peace, dead in a grave or ashes, even if he was evil. Can they not think of another villain, another storyline. This is unbelievable because, how old would Joe M. be now?...What is the story, it had better be that the real original Stephano is still dead and Dr. Rolfe the magician, only gathered some DNA from the corpse to create the new Stephano .

I agree, but it is Steve's body (and DNA). We THINK Rolfe put Stephano's "essence" onto a microchip (as he did with Gina) and put that into Steve. So the "real" Stephano is (probably) dead.

If this is true, once Stevano reveals himself to anyone who isn't Kate, Rolfe or "Gina," they just have to knock him out and remove the chip to "kill" Stephano and restore Steve.

The same is true for Gina and Hope.

• Love 3

If Stefano’s mind and soul were transplanted into Steve... what happened to Stefano’s body and Steve’s consciousness? 

Lani sounded real dumb quoting scripture  of forgiveness and being kind to enemies when she’s talked about revenge on “that bitch” for a year and going around breaking into homes and smashing windows. 

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

If Stefano’s mind and soul were transplanted into Steve... what happened to Stefano’s body and Steve’s consciousness? 

The body is wherever it is.  How did they get the mind and soul out is a better question?  Steve's consciousness is probably just below the surface.  It will probably rise up and conquer Stefano when he tries to kill Kayla or something.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Retired at last said:

Maybe that is how this story will end - they will find the chip in Hope's neck and then somehow knock out SteveaNO and find his, too. Maybe they should make all Salem residents line up for body scans and see how many chips are in use.

Enough to put in to a bag.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

My ears when Hattie started stammering and squawk yelling in that horrid voice giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f9625171e806675c94

then “Hope” joined in with that fake posh constipated accent. 😖

Didn’t feel like a Friday episode other than Steve/downloaded Stefano screaming to Kayla “I’m in love w another woman!” Too Ciara for my liking. Victor was kinda being a douchebag to Xander too, he’s using you bro. And for all his bluster Victor looks like boo boo the fool caping for Ciara who is conniving to throw your old ass in jail to save Ben. 

Funny line from HoGina that the Brady Pub food “wasn’t fit for a dog but fit for a bitch” when Kate sat down. Humorous pun 😂 but also Kate’s pretty proud of being a bitch. That’s not shade at all it’s be like saying she has brown hair or something.

Also funny since TJ people been shading the fuck out of the food but what the hell do they expect it’s a cheap pub. And salt of the earth Irish one at that, there’s ones by my house that literally have bartenders dump frozen stuff on fryers right behind the bar counter or make grilled cheeses on hot plates next to the register or have crock pots of shit next to their draft pulls. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, ChuChu said:

Nicole's outfit was so horrible today it drove me out of lurk mode.

Welcome!  If the fashion sense in Salem continues as it has been, we should see a lot of you!  Of course, you're more than welcome to snark on things besides fashion.  🤪

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I'm not saying he should have EVER forgiven her - she's done far too many terrible things.  I guess I was complaining about the fact that Kristen was some sort of Madonna in Brady's eyes, simply because she was pregnant (with HIS child - she would not have had that status if she was pregnant with someone else's child).  Him acting all lovey and caring was either the height of hypocrisy or he truly believed she was different.  Today, all he really said was, "We should have grieved together"  - implying that he wanted her to stay in Salem.  So basically, because she didn't react the way HE wanted her to she was no longer "changed" or "different."  Granted, her immediately attacking Nicole was not going a long way to showing she really was a better person, but whether or not she is a better person should not be solely dependent on producing a Brady spawn.

I do find that ridiculous but I feel Brady is at least more aware that Kristen isn't a saint/perfect(as oppose to Eric's sanitized view of Nicole) however he's also very fickle and loves whoever he's with and puts them on a pedestal regardless of the bad things they've done to him over the years. Theresa, Nicole, Kristen etc.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, msrachelj said:

I'm so disappointed and angry that the writers felt the need to resurrect Stephano. This is just insane. He was a human being and deserves to rest in peace, dead in a grave or ashes, even if he was evil. Can they not think of another villain, another storyline. This is unbelievable because, how old would Joe M. be now?...What is the story, it had better be that the real original Stephano is still dead and Dr. Rolfe the magician, only gathered some DNA from the corpse to create the new Stephano . I am not enjoying this. Plus the horrific acting by Kristen Alfonzo. Good Grief, she had a hard enough time just acting the part of Hope. The Princess Gina part is really showing how awfully awful she is. 

As for Steve, the writers must hate the character. There was so much potential there for him and Kayla to be happy.  Still could have occasional ISA adventures, and normal problems but still be a loving at home husband. Working as a private detective? Include some of these: Hope , John, Jennifer , Jack etc . Add some humor like the old days . That is storyline I probably would enjoy. 

For some reason this show acts like other villains never existed on this show and that the Dimeras weren't always around. There were the Alamains(who actually would be more useful here because he did torment Jack/Jennifer and Steve/Kayla plus was related to John as well).  

Along with Orpheus etc who are way more menacing than the Dimeras are now who stopped being scary ages ago an are nothing but cartoons when they became like everyone else in town.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

For some reason this show acts like other villains never existed on this show and that the Dimeras weren't always around. There were the Alamains(who actually would be more useful here because he did torment Jack/Jennifer and Steve/Kayla plus was related to John as well).  

Along with Orpheus etc who are way more menacing than the Dimeras are now who stopped being scary ages ago an are nothing but cartoons when they became like everyone else in town.

Re: the bolded, John Black's history has been retconned a hundred million times. Is he still Forrest Alamain?  And if yes, how?  I'm truly lost/confused when it comes to John's background.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Re: the bolded, John Black's history has been retconned a hundred million times. Is he still Forrest Alamain?  And if yes, how?  I'm truly lost/confused when it comes to John's background.

Only by adoption.  His parents turned out to be a Fu Manchu impersonator and a funky Blanche DuBois wannabe and his real name was John Robicheaux .  That was one weirdass storyline that bordered on offensive with John's bio dad playing Chinese dress up after renaming himself Yo Ling

Edited by boes
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, boes said:

Only by adoption.  His parents turned out to be a Fu Manchu impersonator and a funky Blanche DuBois wannabe and his real name was John Robicheaux .  That was one weirdass storyline that bordered on offensive with John's bio dad playing Chinese dress up after renaming himself Yo Ling

Do NOT get me started on John's revolving parentage.  I might burst a vein.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, norcalgal said:

John is still an Alamain by adoption (Forest Alamain). All 345 of his retcons have to do with his biological connections that took place before his adoption. 

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 1

The Salem Brain has made its way to the police station and is trying to get in to Rafe's custody. Yeah, Rafe, Hope hasn't been herself in a while. Shouldn't take that long to notice the different wardrobe, disinterest in her job, different attitude. And lucky you got fired just after New Year's. Yay. Are there any cops left at the Salem PD?

Still making friends with Katerina, are we, HoGina? People eat at the Brady Pub because most Salemites cannot cook, don't have kitchens, or pots and pans and plates and utensils at their homes.

You'd think that with all the guests they have, Doc and John would invest in a pull out couch so the likes of Steffy could be reasonably comfortable. He sure doesn't act like Steve. And how nice of him to scream at Kayla that he is in love with another woman.

Xander, Victor, and Ciara - yawn. Yes, Ben is in jail because of circumstantial evidence and probably the lackluster Salem PD investigation.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

You'd think that with all the guests they have, Doc and John would invest in a pull out couch so the likes of Steffy could be reasonably comfortable. He sure doesn't act like Steve. And how nice of him to scream at Kayla that he is in love with another woman.

HATE!!!!!!!! This is just such SHIT.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

Do NOT get me started on John's revolving parentage.  I might burst a vein.

Still mad that Drake Hogestyn had his character decimated for an actor that did not even stick around. (I know Wayne Northrop was the original Roman and was liked. But it still seems unfair to Drake Hogestyn to have his character turned into mulch when Northrop just ended up saying "peace out" again.) I know Drake Hogestyn is no Olivier, but he has stayed with the show throughout be it due to a steady job/money or loyalty or whatever.

The fact that John is still semi-viable and popular is definitely because of Hogestyn. Lord knows it isn't the pretzel-like crappy "writing".

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

They should have kept John's real past as Forest Alamain and that's it. It is all the other stupid stuff that they kept changing about him that was ridiculous.

Oh he was a priest.

No he was an art thief.

Oh he was Tony's half brother. And adopted by the Alamains.

No he wasn't.

Oh he was a Dimera. And a Brady.

No he wasn't.

Oh he want to assassin school.  I think that is the current whatever about his background

• Love 9
17 hours ago, boes said:

Omg, I forgot about that shitshow. 

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

They should have kept John's real past as Forest Alamain and that's it. It is all the other stupid stuff that they kept changing about him that was ridiculous.

Oh he was a priest.

No he was an art thief.

Oh he was Tony's half brother. And adopted by the Alamains.

No he wasn't.

Oh he was a Dimera. And a Brady.

No he wasn't.

Oh he want to assassin school.  I think that is the current whatever about his background

John's adoption by the Alamain's is still canon. He'll, even the stuff after he was a teen isn't bad it was the constant changing of his biological parents that was ridiculous. 

• Love 3
On January 2, 2020 at 9:39 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

... this show adds a glossy sheen to sexual assault

Ain't that the truth?

I agree with the observation that any love story for Bonehead Black and that woman should have been burned to the ground (and the ground sown with salt) with her assault of Eric. 

The show manages to be mindbogglingly offensive and indefensibly lazy simultaneously. That's an accomplishment, if of a perverse kind. The time jump appalls me -- it's the cheapest of cheap devices, a lazy writer's way of getting out of whatever corner he or she has written a show into. This one is certainly no exception: why is a character imprisoned alongside his own murderer? Doesn't matter -- time jump! How did Justin and Kayla ever get together? Time jump, that's how! Why is every single person on canvas acting out of character? Time jump! Why is Kate even bothering with Princess HoGina and Steven-o in the first place? Who cares? Time jump! It's the ultimate deus ex machina (temporis).

And yet, I have a question: with all of Doctor Rolf's clearly handwavium-powered technology, why doesn't Steven-o just download Marlena's personality into Hattie and have done? Then they could all be off my screen.

(If this has been answered in the story and I've missed it because I've deleted about two months of episodes in disgust, please forgive me.

But I'm not sorry for doing it.)  

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 15
16 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Still mad that Drake Hogestyn had his character decimated for an actor that did not even stick around. (I know Wayne Northrop was the original Roman and was liked. But it still seems unfair to Drake Hogestyn to have his character turned into mulch when Northrop just ended up saying "peace out" again.) I know Drake Hogestyn is no Olivier, but he has stayed with the show throughout be it due to a steady job/money or loyalty or whatever.

The fact that John is still semi-viable and popular is definitely because of Hogestyn. Lord knows it isn't the pretzel-like crappy "writing".

But their most recent change in John's parentage was just so that Brady and Theresa could do the nasty without being incestuous.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

But their most recent change in John's parentage was just so that Brady and Theresa could do the nasty without being incestuous.

Which was a waste to me since I don't think that Brady and Theresa had such "oh, my God! The chemistry is electric!" chemistry to be a couple thus to further wreck John in the first place.

• Love 4

Theresa hard to believe was one of his better pairings I didn't think so at the time but honestly I only preferred it back then because it kept the possibility of JJ/Theresa from ever happening. That and JL being against the pairing in the first place. 

However its miles better than the current version of Bristen. 

That being said its a waste because JL isn't even on the show anymore and Tate is barely mentioned.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Evan is 💯 Jordan’s killer and her baby’s father. 

1 minute ago, QueenSerena said:

SecondaryAshamedIcelandgull-size_restric

I was cracking up at all the anvils re: Evan that fell during today's episode. 🤣

I was JUST going to make a comment about anvils😂.

How long are they going to drag out this Stevano and Gina/Hope crap?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

SecondaryAshamedIcelandgull-size_restric

I was cracking up at all the anvils re: Evan that fell during today's episode. 🤣

Yeah. I, @boes ans a number of other people here speculated this for weeks now so it’s no surprise at all, but they could be less clunky about it. Evan also sounded like an idiot saying maybe it’s better Jordan is dead. Way to cover your tracks dude. 

I had to turn it off right after Victor passing out and Ciara hovering over him since I had a job interview. Will rewatch later. 

I think if it was Xander vs Ben in a fight Xan would win. Realistically speaking someone would have beat the shit out of him by now due to his history. 

• Love 5

Even I noticed the Evan anvils.  But if that's true, then the spoilers we saw ages ago about Evan don't make sense, if he's going to be going to prison.  I mean, I could see him accidentally killing Jordan. But she was strangled, so that takes a bit of intent. Course, maybe he's got one of the "keep of of jail" mental illness cards, and will be "cured" after a couple months at Bayview.   🙄

• Love 3

The actor playing Evan is painful to watch, especially in his scenes with Sonny.  So I really and truly do hope he killed Jordan and will be gone soon.  Funny that he actually said he felt sorry for Ben. 

• Love 12

I realized today, watching those scenes with Steve and Kayla that I only like Stephen Nichols when he's with Mary Beth Evans.  The minute she left the scene, when he was with KA or DH, he's just wooden, at least to me.

I never saw him on GH, but I thought he was really boring when he was on Y +R, but I blamed that on the character he was playing.

I think, for me, he only really comes alive when he's acting opposite MBE.

As for this horrible storyline, I wish a piano would fall out of the sky and squash him and Gina ala the Road Runner, it's that bad.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, boes said:

I realized today, watching those scenes with Steve and Kayla that I only like Stephen Nichols when he's with Mary Beth Evans.  The minute she left the scene, when he was with KA or DH, he's just wooden, at least to me.

But, but, he's Stefano pretending to be Steve! 

unfair ahs coven GIF

I didn't watch Days back in the day (heh).

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, boes said:

I enjoy his brotherly scenes with Jack. I doubt I'll enjoy him while he's Stevano, though, because the only scenes that kind of worked for me were the ones he shared with Hattie of all people.

Is no one going to realize how mean he is?  Gina might be half assing Hope but she's far more effective than Stevano has been. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 4

The Evan anvils could just be a red herring. But she is better off dead? Well, for his being employed, yes.

Will, Ben, and Xander - what a trio.

Hope Uncle Vic will be all right.

The Steve and Gina stuff is getting tiring. In over a year, no one noticed Hope acting weird? And now Steve just comes in to town from being incommunicado - right after signs of Stefano being alive have been popping up?

No idea why there is a time jump - it's now 2021 there.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, boes said:

I never saw him on GH, but I thought he was really boring when he was on Y +R, but I blamed that on the character he was playing.

I think, for me, he only really comes alive when he's acting opposite MBE.

As for this horrible storyline, I wish a piano would fall out of the sky and squash him and Gina ala the Road Runner, it's that bad.

I really enjoyed him on GH in fact I preferred Stefan over Steve.  They ruined the character in the end though however he had better chemistry with Genie Francis and Jaclyn Zeman than he did with Mary Beth Evans on the show when they tried to recreate Patch/Kayla in Stefan/Katherine but it wasn't as good.

• Love 2
On 12/11/2019 at 3:11 PM, Petunia13 said:

Yes Stefano and Gina. Abby must die. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f298c36645c5fd7556b9b

I like Gina’s Van and Arpels necklace. She also has worn recently a longer one that wasn’t mother of pearl but all gold or silver. Today’s one is a cool $7,800 plus tax. I have to believe these are from KA’s private collection. Alison Sweeney and LK/Kate also wear their own jewelry. 

Why is Marlena, a psychiatrist, giving cancer results and informing prognosis? 

Wally Kurth/Justin did some good acting today in his scenes with Ciara and Kayla. 

The whole episode the camera mostly fixated on Eric’s face and reaction rather than Sarah, the mother. I really hate how this show fixates on who they want to prop or us to care about and they aren’t subtle about it at all. 

Van CLEEF and Arpels

• Love 1