Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why is Abby's mental illness legitimate and Ben's not? They're both bullshit ways the writers tried to make us feel sorry for a couple of assholes lol.

Because Abby was established as having DID while/before everything was going on, while Ben's mental illness was tacked on after his killing spree.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Katy M said:

Because Abby was established as having DID while/before everything was going on, while Ben's mental illness was tacked on after his killing spree.

Abigail was established as having DID before the 'Abigail murders Andre and then develops an alter to frame Gabi for it' story? I have only been back to watching for like maybe 3 or so years and I honestly don't remember most of what happens lol but I feel like we didn't find out she had DID until that story. But again, I do not remember things from this show well. 

In any case, it seems clear to me that 'they have a mental illness so just forget all the bad stuff they did and root for them' is the main takeaway the writers want us to have with both Abigail and Ben.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Abby was mentally ill. She didn't go around gaslighting anyone for shits and giggles. And unlike Gabi, Abby actually apologized for what she did. JJ should stick up for his

Did she?  Or did she roll her eyes and mumble something, impatient for people to stop bringing up stuff she doesn't want to hear about?  I've never yet seen Abigail be heartfelt in much of anything other than dissing or sneering at other people.  

To be fair, this is mostly, I think, a Kate Mansi affectation in her acting. Marci Miller was much more likeable in the role to me.   If I were Gabi, I sure as hell would have a hard time remembering Abigail ever apologizing for sending her to prison and the attendant dangers.  Abigail mostly excused herself for that and from my perspective, expected everyone else to do the same.  

As for Lani, what went on between her and Gabi over their history surely doesn't make Lani look like some saint and martyr to me.  But then we've got the "Julie go Boom" app ( a BIG seller on Apple, or so I hear!) - and here, Gabi's gone too far.  Now if she had an app where she could press a code that would shut the woman up, I think she should get a parade.  But blowing up her heart?  Just think of the mess.

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Abigail was established as having DID before the 'Abigail murders Andre and then develops an alter to frame Gabi for it' story? I have only been back to watching for like maybe 3 or so years and I honestly don't remember most of what happens lol but I feel like we didn't find out she had DID until that story. But again, I do not remember things from this show well. 

In any case, it seems clear to me that 'they have a mental illness so just forget all the bad stuff they did and root for them' is the main takeaway the writers want us to have with both Abigail and Ben.

I think they might be talking about when abby went crazy after Ben tried to kill her.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

No, Grandma Laura decided that Abs had PTSD and that's why she was hallucinating and set Ben on fire and it was after she killed Andre that the other personalities showed up and framed Gabi for the murder.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Saw bits and pieces of today's show and the Will and Sonny scenes were the highlight--just gorgeously emotional and fraught with tension.

I can't quite get a grip on Kristin vs. Nicole because they're both "bad" girls but we're supposed to be rooting for Kristin's winning in the end?

• Love 5

All right, I can admit when I'm wrong: Thanks to Ciara for telling Will the truth - and hopefully he'll believe/listen to her and rip up those divorce papers. Her timing still sucks 🤣, but I'm so glad she's doing the right thing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 1/16/2020 at 2:19 PM, QueenSerena said:

Ron has the most uncanny ability to paint the villains as the good guys and the good guys as the villains. I can't decide whether it's deliberate, or just another indictment on his particular brand of storytelling. 🙃

Edit - I should probably expand on this a bit. Leo was a conman who had previously killed, but his mommy was so mean to him and that's why he did such terrible things. Same with Xander; we're apparently supposed to feel sorry his family has treated him like the joke he is, despite all the terrible things he's done. Ron has a thing about redeeming villains, for some reason.

Then there's Eric, who is supposed to be a good guy but yikes. Friggin' Ciara jumps in the face of anyone who dares to say her serial killer boyfriend isn't safe to be around (plus that same serial killer's living victims are starting to change their tune about him). And of course, there's your example with Lani. It doesn't help that so many characters had to be dumbed down for this pacemaker thing to be told, but what the heck is going on that they can't figure out how to write correctly for the protagonists vs. the antagonists?

I think all soap writers have this problem now days.  It's just easier to write a bad character who has a heart deep down than it is to write a good character who's suddenly bad.  The good characters do something wrong and their a hypocrite, the bad characters do something wrong and it's because their bad.

• Love 5

I am glad Ciara told Will. 

I’m also glad that the pacemaker battery is failing.  Makes sense, Gabi probably mahahahaha obsesses with the app on all the time and the constant access is using it up.  

No one in Boston would have let Sarah, Eric, and Mickey leave without FIRST having the updated treatment numbers. *sign*

Loved the Xarah reunion scene.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Yes, that's it in a nutshell--the show seems to want us to see Lani as some sort of self-sacrificing heroine and all I see is a gutless coward who hid away in a convent for a year rather then fighting to get her life back.  

And we all know that Gabi and Abigail hurt each other but Abs'seems to now think that "Gabi turns vicious when her feelings are hurt,"--apparently Abs has completely erased her role in tearing apart Gabi's life but we're never supposed to forget what Gabi did to her.  

No one exists in a vacuum and this idea that Gabi's actions against Abs in the past and Lani now are completely out of the blue is insulting to the pain that Gabi has gone through.  Lani and Gabi have hurt each other but again,only Lani's pain seems to matter.

Well Stefan erased his role actually Gabi did it for him. Abby apologized to Gabi whether that's sincere is another story but that's more than Stefan has done and she's pretty much steered away from Gabi(well except living in the same house but that's another issue entirely) and focused on other family drama. I'm not sure what else people expect Abby to do for Gabi that would be enough. Gabi will always hate her and Abby won't really care.  Hell Stefan just had to bang her a few times and Gabi is peachy keen. No apologies needed apparently.

As for Gabi/Lani maybe if Gabi and Lani interacted on a regular basis after the baby reveal and kept the hatred going this wouldn't be so laughable but it is. Especially since she didn't really care to get back at Lani for things that happened a few years back but does after her 5 minute relationship with Stefan. Its a couple years too late and with Stefan Lani was defending herself against Vivian and his dumbass jumped in front of a bullet. 

Regardless Lani also sucks because she is a gutless coward among other things. 

This show does a terrible job writing characters in general but its glaring when I find everyone terrible and not in a fun way either.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Any bets on whether Sonny has gotten together with Evan before he finds out Will is innocent?

And, if he does do the deed with Evan, will he actually remove his suit coat and wingtips first??

Edited by boes
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1

Abby did apologize to Gabi.  Chad and Abby even took her out for a nice lunch.  Not sure why that wasn’t enough lol 

nicole really looked nice today.  That dress was really flattering.  
Sony and Will were heartbreaking.  I use to not even like them much.  Seemed like they just folded laundry all the time. 
  Brady is kind of gross lately 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Ugh, yes. That whole display in the Basic Black office was ridiculous. And I'm tired of Eric already. I also kept wanting them to say "cut!" and fix Kayla's hair -- are they that cheap and pressed for time, lol? Oy, show. I don't know. 

• Love 7
On 1/16/2020 at 10:54 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Gabi vs Abby didn't really start until Gabi/Chad became an item.  Even then there was no real hatred at least on Abby's end. If they were enemies before that it would've made more sense to me that Gabi still hated her for the same thing Stefan did .. however that's not how its written.

Their relationship devolved.  Didn't Abby try to kill her? I get that she was mentally ill at the time but that kind of thing can strain a relationship for good.

Especially when I don't think Abby cares to have a relationship with Gabi either. Why should Gabi expend emotional energy "forgiving" Abby, learning to like her or learning to respect her when there's absolutely nothing to gain from it?

Stefan did want a relationship with her. It was more than just sex.  So it makes sense to me that Gabi would prioritize working through her issues with Stefan and not do the same with Abby.

6 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Any bets on whether Sonny has gotten together with Evan before he finds out Will is innocent?

I think it's 50/50.  50% Sonny and Evan are together or 50% Will sees Sonny and Evan in an embrace and thinks they're more involved than they are. Either way, there will be some silly reason Sonny doesn't find out who killed his mom until much later.

Stacey H, who I like, is rightfully playing Kristin like a nut.  The show seems to be writing Kristin and Brady as some kind of star crossed thingie.  It doesn't work.

Not as well as Kristin and Lani's sapphic undercurrent that I think Ron (or maybe even Stacey) would love to explore but clearly won't be allowed to.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Abby did apologize to Gabi.  Chad and Abby even took her out for a nice lunch.  Not sure why that wasn’t enough lol 

nicole really looked nice today.  That dress was really flattering.  
Sony and Will were heartbreaking.  I use to not even like them much.  Seemed like they just folded laundry all the time. 

Gabi did Abigail's prison time so an apology is not enough.  Abigail and her partner in crime Stefan should both be serving prison time.

• Love 4

Brady, pawing at Nicole in the office was unprofessional. Yeah, you want to push Kristen's buttons, but there are other ways. And not use Nicole.

Eric, do you seriously expect that Nicole will be compassionate toward you in your time of need while berating her just a few weeks ago? Nicole, set some boundaries with everyone. Yes, you can support Eric and give A and B. Until he can be an adult and not a child throwing a tantrum at you because you betray his sense of piousness or whatever or entitlement, he does not get C.  You will continue to get emotional whiplash. And he will continue to treat you like garbage on his whim.

Good for Ciara to tell Will the truth.

I liked Sarah and Xander's reunion too.

Wonder if Sonny and Will will get back together now that he is apparently innocent of killing Sonny's mother.

Wouldn't the Salem hospital have a real oncologist who can talk to Sarah and Eric about Mickey?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Not as well as Kristin and Lani's sapphic undercurrent that I think Ron (or maybe even Stacey) would love to explore but clearly won't be allowed to.

That is one strong undercurrent those two are playing...more like an undertow. That is some serious chemistry going on there. Am quite entertained by it. Go figure.😊

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Sony seems very lost without his mom 

They should bring one of his brothers to town and give Sonny other relationships besides Will. I miss the days when characters would interact with their family given us insight on why they are the way that they are.. Sonny is still underdeveloped after all this time..

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Ugh, yes. That whole display in the Basic Black office was ridiculous. And I'm tired of Eric already. I also kept wanting them to say "cut!" and fix Kayla's hair -- are they that cheap and pressed for time, lol? Oy, show. I don't know. 

Agreed.  Wasn't that nonsense just ridiculous?  Kristen is in her 50's, Brady and Nicole are both in their 40's, which made that whole silly display Brady put on just embarrassing.  He really slips into being Victor's "idiot grandson" with remarkable ease.

Eric is back, oh joy.  Notice the pause, the squint, the hint of confusion whenever anyone talks to him?  It's as if he really can't comprehend any words containing more than one syllable.  Gosh, what a catch he is....

Ciara did the right thing, who wouldda thunk it?

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

Will has a lot of family in town but he feels alone in this story.  Glad Ciara is telling him.  Sometimes it seems like she is just team Ben 100 percent of the time.   
did something happen in the tj that she doesn’t talk to her mom? 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Will has a lot of family in town but he feels alone in this story.  Glad Ciara is telling him.  Sometimes it seems like she is just team Ben 100 percent of the time.   
did something happen in the tj that she doesn’t talk to her mom? 

Yes, about Ciara!  She & her Mother seem to have no scenes together, certainly Hope's daughter would think her Mother was acting really weird & not herself & would have talked to other family members about it!  Its like each character is in their own "box" and their storyline does not intersect with other characters who should be part of their lives.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 1/17/2020 at 9:55 AM, boes said:

Did she?  Or did she roll her eyes and mumble something, impatient for people to stop bringing up stuff she doesn't want to hear about?  I've never yet seen Abigail be heartfelt in much of anything other than dissing or sneering at other people.  

To be fair, this is mostly, I think, a Kate Mansi affectation in her acting. Marci Miller was much more likeable in the role to me.   If I were Gabi, I sure as hell would have a hard time remembering Abigail ever apologizing for sending her to prison and the attendant dangers.  Abigail mostly excused herself for that and from my perspective, expected everyone else to do the same.  

As for Lani, what went on between her and Gabi over their history surely doesn't make Lani look like some saint and martyr to me.  But then we've got the "Julie go Boom" app ( a BIG seller on Apple, or so I hear!) - and here, Gabi's gone too far.  Now if she had an app where she could press a code that would shut the woman up, I think she should get a parade.  But blowing up her heart?  Just think of the mess.

Thank You Boes. Abby ain't sorry for shit and it could be the actress(Kate Mansi) that gives off this impression tbh...Who knows? It doesn't matter that much cos either way like you said Abs excused herself and more or less wanted everyone else to do the same. I stuck my neck out for Lani a while ago but that was a one time deal. I couldn't care less about her now. She hasn't become likable since. 

9 hours ago, boes said:

Eric is back, oh joy.  Notice the pause, the squint, the hint of confusion whenever anyone talks to him?  It's as if he really can't comprehend any words containing more than one syllable.  Gosh, what a catch he is....

🤣🤣🤣 This is soooo true OMG!!!!

Kristen why are you calling Nicole a dishrag like you aren't one yourself? Girl, sit down somewhere... Lol she's becoming more desperate than Phyllis on Y&R which holy crap that is not good if I'm making that comparison. 

I suspect that Nicole vs. Kristen will give me some genuine laughs mostly due to Nicole egging Kristen on(she better watch out tho Kris is psycho af). Nicole's hair did not look right to me, liked her dress though.  

It was so refreshing(and surprising) to see Ciara do something unrelated to Ben for once. The character has been painfully one note for too long. I wonder how long will it take for it to sink in for Will that he's innocent. Since he is so thoroughly convinced that he's guilty.  

• Love 9

Are we sure this is totally unrelated to Ben because we thought Ciara working for Victor would be about her not using it as an opportunity to help Ben get out of jail...

This show will find a way to make it all about Ben they aren't subtle here.

• Useful 2
15 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Their relationship devolved.  Didn't Abby try to kill her? I get that she was mentally ill at the time but that kind of thing can strain a relationship for good.

Especially when I don't think Abby cares to have a relationship with Gabi either. Why should Gabi expend emotional energy "forgiving" Abby, learning to like her or learning to respect her when there's absolutely nothing to gain from it?

Stefan did want a relationship with her. It was more than just sex.  So it makes sense to me that Gabi would prioritize working through her issues with Stefan and not do the same with Abby.

Gabi doesn't have to forgive or even like her but blaming solely her and ignoring Stefan's role in the whole thing is another story.  This is where nuanced writing would actually help here and yet its not there.. for so many storylines that could've been a lot better than they are. I mean he was there and didn't have the mental illness excuse to fall back on in fact he exploited it to play out his sick wig sniffing fantasy.

I don't recall Abby trying to kill her though she tried to kill Marlena, Kate and Vivian while being Gabby. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Gabi doesn't have to forgive or even like her but blaming solely her and ignoring Stefan's role in the whole thing is another story. 

But she didn't ignore it.  She had a whole revenge plot to get back at him over it.  It just so happens that while exacting revenge, they grew closer and she forgave him.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

But she didn't ignore it.  She had a whole revenge plot to get back at him over it.  It just so happens that while exacting revenge, they grew closer and she forgave him.

Grew closer!? Hahahahahahaha

More like he was alWays ontop of her while doing the horizontal mambo for trivial reasons. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

These flashbacks are tricky since we know the gist of what happened but not the specifics.

That said, we are learning specifics as the show doles out new flashbacks every week.  Technically,  saying when we will learn more about a particular event or what flashbacks will be covered this week is a spoiler.

So please use spoiler tags to discuss what will happen on events in future episodes unless you're speculating. 

Thank you.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, seasons said:

Mother's Day episode? Repeats in anticipation of hearings this week? 😕

Its Mother's Day a year ago...so we are going to see what happened to Adrienne, Sarah, etc.  Loved how happy Justin, Adrienne, Sonny & Will all were together.  I guess tomorrow all will go 'boom". 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, seasons said:

Mother's Day episode? Repeats in anticipation of hearings this week? 😕

No.  This is a flashback to the Mother's Day that happened during the time jump.

Nice bedside manner, there, Marlena.  "I think my water just broke."  "On my shoes."

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 10:22 PM, Irlandesa said:

Kristin and Brady as some kind of star crossed thingie

"Star-crossed thingie" is how I want to refer to these two nincompoops from now on. Not "lovers," mind; just "thingie."

As you were.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Me and my sister sat down to watch this ep and then found ourselves fast forwarding through all of it. I'm sure the Adrienne scenes were nice but I don't feel like watching them knowing they killed her off. The rest, meh I just don't really care. I feel like it's time for me to take a break from the show but I can't bring myself to fully stop watching yet for some reason.

Did someone say that tomorrow will be preempted? Is that confirmed?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Did someone say that tomorrow will be preempted? Is that confirmed?

I would anticipate that they'll be interrupted in all time zones tomorrow. NBC hasn't announced what's happening yet, as far as the episodes being made available to affiliates/COZI or whether everything will just end up on nbc.com & the NBC app as has happened in recent years when a preemption has occurred (so that they can stay on schedule). There's still a chance they'll just hold the episodes and won't provide anything new online or to affiliates, but NBC is apparently waiting to the very last minute to make an announcement on this one. 🙃

Edit - nothing official, but this is from the woman who puts together the promos for Days. It seems from this that the episodes will be made available (not sure if it'll be the usual 8pm eastern or hopefully earlier) online - this will air tomorrow, but it's not spoilery:

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 3
On 1/17/2020 at 7:12 AM, Harmony233 said:

The whole Gabi and abby rivalry is so unbalanced it gets brought up about what Gabi did to Abby but nothing about what saint abby did to Gabi that's my problem and they have both done shitty things to each other please Gabi is one of the few characters that actually pays I mean she certainly pays more than Kristen and Kate does.She spent more time in prison for abbys crime while abby got a pat on the head as usual while Gabi got beat to death can't have anymore kids and her daughter hating on her.I have no doubt Gabi will be the pariah again  when her schemes come out which I'll be happy about since she will be out of this stupid storyline and can hopefully something not interesting 

We hope but knowing the writers Gabi will go on to prop some other couple.

• Love 3

I don't see why Gabi can't be on the backburner it would do her character a world of good at this point.

Brady, Eric doesn't have to forgive Kristen for raping him and ruining his life(although this show likes to gloss over Kristen being a rapist)... 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I feel so bad for Jarlena having to tolerate Kristen in their midst. Brady is an idiot, after everything Kristen has done to his family, unbelievable!  

But...but...Ron loves the psychos! (And I agree. This is bullshit.) Kill Kristen OFF. DEAD-DEAD. Turn her to ashes. Her sell-by date passed AT LEAST a good 20 years ago.

• Love 10

The pacing of this episode was weird.   Adrienne had to run out to the newspaper since she was the only one who could do the job.  No Will can do it!  Apparently he isn’t as rushed to get to work.  Justin and Adrienne go upstairs to do what married people do between close doors (by the way Justin that does not count as a gift ). Will and Sonya wait around for them to finish ?  Will still not going to work.  Adrienne had to get there!   Will has all the time in the world.

Holly burns pancakes.  Belle sends her mom flowers for Mother’s Day .  Sami calls her mom Mother’s Day (cheapskate )and mentioned Will hasn’t called.  Brady brings a Psycho.  Eric brings a fit of anger.  
to be continued 

Edited by tribeca
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, tribeca said:

The pacing of this episode was weird.   Adrienne had to run out to the newspaper since she was the only one who could do the job.  No Will can do it!  Apparently he isn’t as rushed to get to work.  Justin and Adrienne go upstairs to do what married people do between close doors (by the way Justin that does not count as a gift ). Will and Sonya wait around for them to finish ?  Will still not going to work.  Adrienne had to get there!   Will has all the time in the world.

Holly burns pancakes.  Belle sends her mom flowers for Mother’s Day .  Sami calls her mom Mother’s Day (cheapskate )and mentioned Will hasn’t called.  Brady brings a Psycho.  Eric brings a fit of anger.  
to be continued 

Will spend hours at the mansion waiting around doing nothing. You know what he didn't do during all those hours even though he was reminded three times by two different people: call his Sami for Mother's Day.

So Marlena came from overseas to celebrate Mother's Day with John (rather than Christmas)

• Love 5

I really enjoyed Judi Evans today!  Too often, in the recent past, Adrienne - for me, anyway - has been just a bit too much of a manic ditz for me.  Today, she started out a little preoccupied, but once she handed off the job to Will, I pretty much loved all of her scenes with Will and Sonny and then with Justin.  Well done, Show.

One thing though - did they really have to set up the massage in the living room?  It IS supposed to be a mansion.

4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

But...but...Ron loves the psychos! (And I agree. This is bullshit.) Kill Kristen OFF. DEAD-DEAD. Turn her to ashes. Her sell-by date passed AT LEAST a good 20 years ago.

Oh look, it's Kristen!

giphy.gif

It's such bullshit that Show thinks the viewers would buy any sort of rapproachment scenes between Kristen and Marlena and John, after the decades of dangerously loony homicidal crap she's pulled on both of them and their children.  It's an even bigger load of manure that Show would think most viewers would cheer on Brady thinking it's either okay or appropriate to drag that drooling lunatic over to his folks place on Mother's Day and expect them to be okay with it.  He could have left her alone with some raw meat, an ice pick and her collection of troll dolls and she'd be just as happy.  

I do think it's funny that Show is still having Kristen call her upcoming baby "Andy or Jenny", the same names Mia Farrow's Rosemary was considering in Rosemary's Baby.  

4 hours ago, tribeca said:

Brady is an idiot 

I don't think I've ever said this and I'm pretty sure I'll never say it again, but.......

Eric is right.  

Brady is an absolute delusional putz for bringing that walking pustule over to John and Marlena's and a total asshole expecting Eric to forgive her.  

Also, it was kinda nice to see Eric and Nicole being happy back at the apartment and him not being such a sullen prick for once.  We all know that doesn't last.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
7 minutes ago, boes said:

I do think it's funny that Show is still having Kristen call her upcoming baby "Andy or Jenny", the same names Mia Farrow's Rosemary was considering in Rosemary's Baby.  

I didn't see that. (I'm as good as my word. I haven't watched since the spoiler came out. But this board...I can't quit you all!) But this sounds like Ron trying to be "clever" and done deliberately as a wink/nudge deal. Because Ron thinks he is oh, so funny.

• Love 3

I was surprised that Hope was staying at Marlena's house for months! Surely her insurance company has money to give her for a short term rental til her house is fixed - now it had mold?

Nice to see Eric being decent and not Mr. Hyde/Pious toward Nicole. The pancakes - well, they were a nice effort.

Both Sarah and Kristen had a baby the same day-ish - well, we don't know but both went in to labour the same day.

Doc and John are not really going to welcome Kristen in to their home. No idea what Brady was doing with her.

Adrienne looked lovely. Will had nothing to do on Mother's Day - not spend an hour or so with Ari?

• Love 4